PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 599

Marik
Wed, 10-06-2010, 01:45 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?19m47qlpj4z2kt7) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/fzss4k) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/40324560/1)

Oda made a mistake with Zoro's scar last week. It should have been on his left eye, not his right.

Tenbatsu
Wed, 10-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Marik <3

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL. Franky looks ridiculous. I really hope he can 'exchange' arms.

Chopper is more naive than ever.

Zoro was badass as expected. And LOL at Oda messing up the eye. Guess he'll correct it for the tankubon. Though lets see what's the story of him losing an eye.

Luffy's dispatch of the losers was awesome. And since they don't know when to quit, we'll see them bite the dust again :D

And Luffy's bounty is 400 million. Wow.

Once, weeks ago, I said the 'reunion' would take place until chapter 600. I think I may have hit the mark.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
come on, bring on the luffy fight!

Oda <3

rockmanj
Wed, 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm not loving the Franky look either. Those arms are way too big.

UChessmaster
Wed, 10-06-2010, 02:43 PM
I`m not sure i`m liking Franky`s new look, his arms are so big he looks deformed, and his suuuuuuuuuuuper hair is gone. :(

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Man why are so many people hating on Franky's new design. Personally I love it. Mostly because I feel like it's the most radically different out of all the strawhats from his previous design. I love the flashy arm blocks connected to all that arm metal. Also like how bulky he is.

I'm guessing is that we'll get to see a nice show down between the newly upgrade straw hats and a small army of Pacista's where they can give a taste of all their new abilities.

TwisT
Wed, 10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I got wood!!! Man Zoro was badass with his eye and the ship slicing. Now he starting to become a real challenge for Hawk-Eye. Before they felt so far away on the scale.

And Luffy now has the highest shown bounty, beating DonFlamingo's "former bounty" of 340million.

Tofu #2
Wed, 10-06-2010, 05:13 PM
damn luffy's bounty only went up 100 million with all that? but i suppose they all thought he was dead

but damn! looks like luffy has the hang of the haoushoki haki, knocking out only the fake crew. The part where he dodged the bullet without even moving to the naked eye reminds me of an excellent DBZ scene..

Archangel
Wed, 10-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Seriously, a 100 million boost doesn't even begin to describe all the shit Luffy pulled off after being given his previous bounty
Still... did you see him dodging that bullet at point blank? I giggled like a school girl, especially after that burst of Haki

I personally like Franky's new look, i will miss the hair but i don't think Oda would remove it if he didn't have some suitable replacement in mind

Zoro was just GAR, no word for it. Brought me back to when Hawk Eye made Don Krieg's ship into swiss cheese all those chapters ago.

This chapter STILL felt light to me, i need to see some Pacifistas getting owned for my One Piece hunger to finally subside

toonice714
Wed, 10-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Ugh these appetizers are only making this worse but damn is this good! Just goes to show you how a superior mangaka writes a story arc by providing buildup without losing the audience.

Carnage
Wed, 10-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks a lot for the chapter Mark!

Assertn
Wed, 10-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Yess.... I knew it. There is totally gonna be an all-out brawl after the reunion. Of course, it's going to be more like a massacre of the fake crew, just in time for the real danger (G1) showing up.

I don't expect the crew to effortlessly decimate the marines when they show up, considering how well the pacifistas performed against the new world pirates. Also, despite seeing how badass Rayleigh is, he still seemed to only reach equal footing with the admirals, so I'd be surprised if the world government suddenly became defenseless against Luffy.

But it's ok. The upgraded Sunny will probably have with some crazy new escape strategy like teleportation or whatever.

Archangel
Wed, 10-06-2010, 07:36 PM
What are you talking about? The pacifistas are gonna get their asses kicked so damn hard, Luffy may even end up taking both of them at once.

Assertn
Wed, 10-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Meh, depends on what else the marines throw at them. I don't think they're just going to mop up everything on the archipelago and be all, "Welp, I'm bored, let's just get going."

It will more likely come down to them running away Blackbeard-style and not dealing with the bulk of the marine force in the first place. Or maybe they'll just accidentally escape from the approaching threat the same way they did when they reached knock-up stream. OR..... the marines might be totally late, see the fake crew lying on the ground unconscious, and think that the strawhats have been defeated, allowing the real crew to easily slip past their detection.

Tofu #2
Wed, 10-06-2010, 09:50 PM
ya I really think we won't be seeing too much of a brawl from the true crew soon, seeing as how luffy's trying to keep a low profile ATM

seriously though, this dude is taking the name of a 400 million bounty pirate, and the only power he has shown so far is the pistol.

UChessmaster
Wed, 10-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I guess people assumed he`s overpowered and you shouldn`t mess up with him at ALL, thus the point in taking his name.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 10-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I doubt they'll be easily able to wipe out a large force of marine. It'll probably be something like making a big scene then run for it.

I do believe that most of the strawhats can probably match a pacifista now though. They need to be at least on that level to do well in the new world and some of Whitebeard division commanders were able to take out pacifista if i remembered correctly.

FireEmblem
Thu, 10-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Sentoumaru is sporting a new coat! I wonder if it means anything.

I'm surprised the Strawhats aren't that emotional seeing each other. It's kind of disappointing actually.... I guess Oda is saving it for when they're all together in the same place though.

Splash!
Thu, 10-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Yess.... I knew it. There is totally gonna be an all-out brawl after the reunion. Of course, it's going to be more like a massacre of the fake crew, just in time for the real danger (G1) showing up.

I don't expect the crew to effortlessly decimate the marines when they show up, considering how well the pacifistas performed against the new world pirates. Also, despite seeing how badass Rayleigh is, he still seemed to only reach equal footing with the admirals, so I'd be surprised if the world government suddenly became defenseless against Luffy.

I just don't see the marines sending out an admiral this time, only Sentoumaru and the pacifistas, and I think the crew can very well decimate them. The pacifistas may have performed well against new world cannon fodder but Hancock was lopping of heads left and right. Luffy or Zoro could effortlessly dispatch pacifistas of that level. Of course, the new versions are likely stronger but I dont think it would be a problem. That being said, I doubt theres going to be a big fight, more like the strawhats proving a point and then making a run for it.

Also, theres no reason in having a showdown between the fake crew and the strawhats at this point. Luffy can wipe them out with a single stare,

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Sentoumaru is sporting a new coat! I wonder if it means anything.

I'm surprised the Strawhats aren't that emotional seeing each other. It's kind of disappointing actually.... I guess Oda is saving it for when they're all together in the same place though.

Did Nami charge Ussopp for the sudden 'service' when she hugged him? No? Then she was emotional.

chambers
Thu, 10-07-2010, 10:57 AM
wasnt there supposed to be only 5 px's? or were more shown at marineford?

Its workingo ut interesting, the turning point of the marine war imho were the px's showing up so in theory, unless the power of the strawhats has rocketed dramatically we should see a "decent" fight. IT would be nice if maybe ussop and nami/chopper took out one each and saved the rest from showing there power.

But even considering that rob lucci was one of the strongest in the marines, and luffy has also beat moria in a pretty fair fight (i wouldnt count his win against croc, if croc wasnt limited by time luffy would never have survived) so in relative terms its only his ability that puts him on a lower level to the admirals... its the growth in nami, robin, chopper and ussop that should prove to be the most beneficial.

Archangel
Thu, 10-07-2010, 11:13 AM
wasnt there supposed to be only 5 px's? or were more shown at marineford?

I don't know where you got that number from but even if you're right it's been 2 years, i'm sure they're even upgraded by now.

Assertn
Thu, 10-07-2010, 11:42 AM
First of all, there are way more than 5. I think Sentoumaru had closer to 20 during the war.
Second of all, Hancock wasn't "lobbing off heads" of pacifistas. She used her title as schichibukai to disable the pacifistas, because the pacifistas accept orders from allies.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not digging the changes in character designs..
Zoro in black looks generic, like matrix leather longcoat, his personality doesn't blend well in dark colors.
Franky is plain weird, it used to be that his face and hair were the focus of the 'camera', but now the attention is diverted to the shoulders and forearms, it's hard to read his facial expressions like this.

but still, it's great to have one piece back at weekly releases, I want to see the weakling trio trump over a PX.

Splash!
Thu, 10-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Second of all, Hancock wasn't "lobbing off heads" of pacifistas. She used her title as schichibukai to disable the pacifistas, because the pacifistas accept orders from allies.

Ok, I was remembering multiple pacifistas, but she definitely "lopped off" (not lobbed) this head here (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c569/5.html) . While the Pacifista recognized her as an ally, by no means was it 'disabled'. The Pacifistas made a difference in the war against cannon fodder pirates, but they weren't THAT strong (relative to the other players in the war). Even if they are upgraded, I think the only Pacifista the strawhats really need to worry about is PX-0.

poopdeville
Fri, 10-08-2010, 02:41 AM
I read that as Hancock throwing a rock at his head.

humpburger
Fri, 10-08-2010, 07:17 AM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/174/captionerb7a2243ad6e630.jpg

chambers
Fri, 10-08-2010, 12:33 PM
isnt it weird how since the end of the war all of a sudden luffy has been saying "i wont get married" every time she speaks to him? he never did this before right?

Assertn
Fri, 10-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Ok, I was remembering multiple pacifistas, but she definitely "lopped off" (not lobbed) this head here (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c569/5.html) . While the Pacifista recognized her as an ally, by no means was it 'disabled'. The Pacifistas made a difference in the war against cannon fodder pirates, but they weren't THAT strong (relative to the other players in the war). Even if they are upgraded, I think the only Pacifista the strawhats really need to worry about is PX-0.

I see her stopping them from attacking, and then striking them while their guard was down.
She had an unfair advantage which doesn't really make it a reliable case.

Archangel
Fri, 10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
isnt it weird how since the end of the war all of a sudden luffy has been saying "i wont get married" every time she speaks to him? he never did this before right?
I'm guessing Hancock didn't really listen to Rayleigh when he told her to stay off the island during those 2 years