PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 598

Marik
Thu, 09-30-2010, 08:26 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ip2in1769273fgw) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ie23dx) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/35970330/1)

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2010, 08:32 AM
huzzah!

thank god for that

depthcharge
Thu, 09-30-2010, 08:33 AM
nice, read it now!!!

humpburger
Thu, 09-30-2010, 08:43 AM
ZOMG ZOMG!!

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-30-2010, 08:47 AM
I died of a nosebleed with long-haired Nami.

Amazing chapter! We didn't really see Zoro and Franky past the color page but... Zoro lost an eye? And Franky is bald? LOL

Ussop thankfully got rid of the extra fat and seems to have become awesome. And Nami used thunder with no effort (she looks so hot...)

Sanji... grew a beard? LOL. Chopper looks the same oblivious kid, so much he was tricked. lol.

What the hell with the guys imitating them? They are in for a surprise now that Luffy is there. BTW... a scar o_O

Agh. So much awesomeness...

I need that color spread as wallpaper.

Im glad I skipped the spoilers. Dang... I think I'll go read this chapter 10 more times.

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2010, 08:58 AM
anyone notice fake nico robin with a cock on page 21? ha ha ha

hmm it wasnt that good to be honest they wasted a lot of time on the nami and ussop thing nothing really happened, felt like it was being drawn out a little bit.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-30-2010, 09:32 AM
curvelicious...

"strawhat luffy" gang should have been the spoiler pictures. get the fans confused.

also, totally awesome chapter to begin the story.

humpburger
Thu, 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Such a TEASER!!

Sanji's facial hair made me LOL. His whole panel was gold.

That Chopper scene is gonna be funny animated.

Usopp got ripped Bruce Lee style.

And ZOMG NAMI! NAMI!!

animus
Thu, 09-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Not really a fan of Luffy's X-Shaped scar, but I'm digging Robin's new hairstyle and Nami's new flowing locks.

toonice714
Thu, 09-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Awwww what a cocktease but it was still worth the wait! I wonder if duval will join the crew? The character designs are phenomenal! Ussop not the weakling anymore is cool but I still think he will still be "low tier" of the SHs but not bottom 3. I thinkin it'll be robin chopper and nami.

The biggest thing for me in the chapter was the movement of marine HQ. The other thing I'm thinking is that Ao kiji is not fleet admiral. Such a bold and aggressive decision screams Sakaizinu. I'm also very surprised that with the absence of the straw hats that there won't be any rookies they have to worry about. I was halfway thinking they might be considered vets now by some new upcoming rookies. The bar owner said there hasn't really been anyone impressive that has shown up.

Also I think next chapter we will see kizaru or someone big get put down to display a rematch of sorts at grove#1 for closure.

All in all great chapter......shoulda been a double though

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Did anyone else notice Brook's new nickname? SOUL KING

Bet Kubo feels very Kuboed right now XD

Nami looks so hot...

Munsu
Thu, 09-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Damnit, this needed to be an even longer chapter. Oda fail.

Tenbatsu
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Did anyone else notice Brook's new nickname? SOUL KING

Bet Kubo feels very Kuboed right now XD

Made me laugh :D

This was an awesome chapter <3

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:12 AM
I was browsing through the mangastream forum and they point out something I hadn't noticed.

Sanji is showing his left eye after 597 chapters hiding it.

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
the more i look at it that mustachioed hat wearing fox the funnier it gets.

Assertn
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
I love whenever super weak bad guys show up and have no idea what they're getting themselves into. Those tend to be the most rewarding pummelings.

So Duval fought off Kuma? I'm curious to find out more about how that panned out.
Also, shouldn't Chopper be the least likely out of the group to be tricked by the fake crew? He has the superior smelling ability like any other animal in a shounen.

UChessmaster
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Maybe he thought their smells changed because of the weather/circunstances everyone else was?

Archangel
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:46 AM
That was pretty amazing, love the new designs. Kind of sucks that we didn't get to see all of them back again after a month though.

Also, Luffy hasn't really changed at all except for the scar has he? I was hoping his new design would be something of a tribute to Ace but oh well.

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Chopper will always be a naive little kid. He probably forgot to smell them.

Archangel
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Chopper will always be a naive little kid. He probably forgot to smell them.
You don't forget to smell things dude, it just happens

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I love whenever super weak bad guys show up and have no idea what they're getting themselves into. Those tend to be the most rewarding pummelings.

well, he can't be *so* weak, he had no problems shooting away a 55 million captain. and he doesn't seem too afraid of having two 200~ murders on his crew. I'm guessing a "power level" of 90 mil. or 5.

Also, shouldn't Chopper be the least likely out of the group to be tricked by the fake crew? He has the superior smelling ability like any other animal in a shounen.

it's chopper, he most likely to be tricked by a stone. and besides, Luffy has a better 'animal sense' than him.

Kenco
Thu, 09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Franky looks like a tank, haha I love it (why do I still picture him wearing speedos though?).

Luffy is about to make Fake Luffy and his crew faint with a glare haha.

Lucifus
Thu, 09-30-2010, 12:44 PM
So, bloody, epic!

Nami, Robin, good god! =D

And way to go Usopp!

Cant wait to see Zoro. =D

chambers
Thu, 09-30-2010, 01:36 PM
no one commeted on nicos cucumbenis?

Assertn
Thu, 09-30-2010, 02:07 PM
well, he can't be *so* weak, he had no problems shooting away a 55 million captain. and he doesn't seem too afraid of having two 200~ murders on his crew. I'm guessing a "power level" of 90 mil. or 5.

it's chopper, he most likely to be tricked by a stone. and besides, Luffy has a better 'animal sense' than him.

Ussopp seemed to fool both Luffy and Chopper easily enough with his Soge King disguise.

FireEmblem
Thu, 09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
The fake SH crew thing gives us an idea of just how notorious Luffy (and the rest of the crew to an extent) really are considered, even after 2 years of being MIA. Luffy's actions and lineage are still prominent in people's minds. Not just civilians but also the marines as well.

I wonder what rank Momonga is now. He's added a hat to his outfit which makes me wonder if he even changed ranks. He was my first guess for who would be promoted to admiral to fill in the blank but we'll see.

And goddamn that faux Robin is so nasty looking. That big ass cucumber-dick-dildo thing at the end was just wtf...

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-30-2010, 02:39 PM
I like how Oda mirror-ed the color spread with the very first one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/119519-bigthumbnail.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_06_07.jpg?t=1285875495 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/06_07.jpg)

Nami and Luffy at least.

Assertn
Thu, 09-30-2010, 02:54 PM
She's just holding a cucumber....
The fake Chopper-fox is hilarious. It'd be interesting to see what fake Brooke would look like, but I don't even think Brooke has been publicly recognized as a Strawhat crew member yet. Hell, I don't think he's been recognized as anything since his resurrection kicked in.

Archangel
Thu, 09-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Nice find Zell, that also works well to compare how much bigger Nami's breasts got

animus
Thu, 09-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Pretty nostalgic how different the art is from when it started.

Splash!
Thu, 09-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Why does Franky's new look remind me of Diamond Jozu? He looks like a cyborg that could fight with Kuma.

Tofu #2
Thu, 09-30-2010, 09:26 PM
holy shit i can't wait till luffy owns these clowns

rockmanj
Thu, 09-30-2010, 09:47 PM
It kind of looks like Robin isn't wearing any underoos...

kAi
Thu, 09-30-2010, 10:50 PM
This chapter was such a tease!! But it's good to see it back.
The "Straw Hat Pirates" are quite funny, with the character designs and more wtf than anything.

When I first read the chapter I was thinking of how Luffy was going to react and thought of how Shanks reacted to the bandits in the bar back when Luffy was a kid. Although, he probably will do the oblivious thing.

Next chapter shall be good!

Tofu #2
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:30 PM
if luffy knocked this guy over by just bumping into him (purposely?) he probably isn't tooooo tough

i wonder if fake luffy recognized real luffy?

hey you guys see where usopp's head is on page 16 bottom right panel?

humpburger
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:50 PM
hey you guys see where usopp's head is on page 16 bottom right panel?

I was just about to comment on that. That lucky bastard! >_<

The cucumber scene on page 20 Mangstream looks ridiculous :D, 63 cents says they use a different angle for the anime.

Hehe, fake Luffy also has an "X" scar on him. Maybe he's not random fodder after all.

poopdeville
Fri, 10-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Why did the dialog bubble cover Sanji's crotch on page 17?

Assertn
Fri, 10-01-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't think Luffy's gonna intentionally kick anyone's ass next chapter. He might get confused by fake Sogeking and fake Franky, since Luffy is the only one besides Chopper to be tricked so easily, but eventually the whole fake crew including the new recruits will be stomped down hard in a showdown after the real crew is reunited.

What better way to showcase everyone's new abilities?

betatesterz
Fri, 10-01-2010, 08:25 PM
thanks for the upload.

the new chars look weird.

Splash!
Fri, 10-01-2010, 09:40 PM
...but eventually the whole fake crew including the new recruits will be stomped down hard in a showdown after the real crew is reunited.

What better way to showcase everyone's new abilities?

Except it kind of takes away from the badassery to have to whole crew team up against weaklings.

Archangel
Fri, 10-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Except it kind of takes away from the badassery to have to whole crew team up against weaklings.
Not if they just dispatch them effortlessly

That's probably what's gonna happen, the crew's new abilities will only be show when they face off against their next organization

Sentenal
Fri, 10-01-2010, 10:00 PM
I think the fake crew is just a preamble to when they really show off their stuff. The Marines are already trying to put together a force to down the Strawhats, and I assume that force at least will be legit. The Marines will come in, start owning stuff, the fake crew will shit their pants, and the real crew will just obliterate the marines. </prediction>

Assertn
Sat, 10-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Wouldn't be anything new. Remember Whiskey Peak, or the Bellamy pirates, or the Franky Family, or the Flying Fish Riders? Oda often likes to open up a new arc with something easy to get the strawhats all warmed up.

Sentenal
Sat, 10-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I just realized something. Someone made mention of the Yonkou this chapter. Since they are still called the "Yonkou", that means there are still 4 of them (probably). With Whitebeard dead, I wonder who took his place? I guess Blackbeard?

chambers
Sun, 10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
although im sure it is blackbeard, another possability is that marco took the spot, im sure he will be the new captain of the whitebeard pirates .