PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 179

Kraco
Thu, 09-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Episode 179 HD (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=161757) | SD (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=161752) - HorribleSubs

- - - - - - - - - -

Will these fillers never end? This episode actually wasn't so bad with substantial canon material mixed in but what the heck is the next episode (based on the preview)? I thought it was only going to be a limited number of fillers but now it looks more like we get five minutes of canon and 15 of filler in every goddam episode. Something is seriously wrong here.

Aside from that I wonder how effectively Danzo can hope to lead the village. If he even intends to. He was nowhere in sight during Pain's attack and I doubt anybody will ignore that. It seems to me like he has to lead a village not interested in being led by him. But on the other hand, like I said, he's such a shady character I'm not even sure that's what he wants and not something else. Maybe he simply needed the Hokage's position to access some forbidden information or something else nefarious fitting his real image.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 09-30-2010, 11:49 AM
I can't agree more. This episode was decent, although the filler parts were very useless. This was more like a flahback episode with some Kakashi shots in it..

The official stuff was interesting, though. I wonder if Danzo can put up any kind of fight, though, if attacked. Then again he's the kind of person to let others cover his ass.

ASSpirine
Thu, 09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Jibber jabber

Be gone you spammer

FireEmblem
Thu, 09-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Man...fuck those two other elders.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 09-30-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm disappointed they in the Danzo option. With what Naruto knows, why let that happen, wtf.

Decent episode. Starting to think Sakura is falling for Naruto on an Emotional level now.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Sasuke and Naruto fighting was pretty funny, even though it's kind of a big retcon.

This episode kind of reminded me how weird it is that we've never seen Sakura's parents. Seems like every minor ninja in the village has a name at this point, and we still don't know what one of the main characters totally alive and living in the village parents are like.

Also...Inari filler? Seriously? Wtf man...

ASSpirine
Fri, 10-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Sakuras' parents probably aren't even shinobi's Maybe that's why we don't get to see them.

The most boring part of the zabuza arc is getting shown again, ow how I disliked the parts about Inari...

DarthEnderX
Sat, 10-02-2010, 03:50 AM
I don't see why they should be relegated to being non-entities just because they're muggles.

Kraco
Sat, 10-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Aren't Ino's parents florists or something? I agree it's strange Sakura's have got no attention considering she's clearly the main girl of the series. Furthermore it's very strange they didn't cheaply exploit her happy famility situation to the full potential to underline Naruto and Sasuke's miserably circumstances. This flashback barely touched it.

RyougaZell
Sat, 10-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Aren't Ino's parents florists or something? I agree it's strange Sakura's have got no attention considering she's clearly the main girl of the series. Furthermore it's very strange they didn't cheaply exploit her happy famility situation to the full potential to underline Naruto and Sasuke's miserably circumstances. This flashback barely touched it.

Ino's parents do own a florist, but Inochi is also one of the top ranking shinobi

Kraco
Sun, 10-03-2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I actually remembered that shortly after making the post (he has even got decent amount of screentime), but I was too busy (==lazy) to edit it anymore...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-03-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm wondering if it's gonna go the opposite way and Sakura's parents are gonna end up secretly being spies from another village or some shit.

kmkze04
Sun, 10-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Did anyone else notice the scenes in this were supposed to mirror the early episodes from Kakashi's view except they were totally screwed up and blatant changes made?

Like Naruto jumping Sasuke while Sasuke was eating lunch... in the early eps, he doesn't headlock him from behind. Instead, Sasuke was originally facing away from the window and Naruto jumps him from the roof.

And then the whole milk diarrhea scene, Naruto runs into Sasuke outside the bathroom, not out on the pathway.

And from the looks of the next shit... I mean filler... they're tacking a whole add-on to Inari's original scene in which Sasuke should've been on the bridge fighting Zabuza at that point for one, and Inari faced off with the two thugs in the town fighting for his mom, not out in the rain on whatever cliff that looked like...

I mean seriously, they can't even keep the damn stories straight.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-04-2010, 08:32 PM
You forgot that Sasuke wasn't suppossed to know about Kage Bunshin until the exam with Kakashi.

LunaticCat
Wed, 10-06-2010, 09:45 AM
what do you expect. its filler after all.