PDA

View Full Version : TV: The Event

Munsu
Sat, 09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6956/dramaevent.jpg

New show starting on NBC starting this Monday, and it looks promising. It's another of those heavy serialized mystery thrillers that ever since LOST have all failed after showing some promise initially. But we'll see, reactions to the pilot seem to be positive so far.

Here's a promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWEOlM3OklI

The Event is an emotional, high-octane conspiracy thriller that follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter, "The Class"), an everyman who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his would-be fiancée Leila (Sarah Roemer, "Disturbia"), and unwittingly begins to expose the biggest cover-up in U.S. history.

Sean's quest will send ripples through the lives of an eclectic band of strangers, including newly elected U.S. President Elias Martinez (Golden Globe nominee Blair Underwood, "In Treatment"); Sophia Maguire (Emmy Award nominee Laura Innes, "ER"), who is the leader of a mysterious group of detainees; and Leila's shadowy father (Scott Patterson, "Gilmore Girls"). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind.

Ian Anthony Dale ("Daybreak"), Clifton Collins, Jr. ("Star Trek"), Taylor Cole ("The Violent Kind"), Lisa Vidal ("The Division"), Bill Smitrovich ("The Practice"), and Emmy winner Željko Ivanek ("Damages") also star in the ensemble drama.

The Event is a production of Universal Media Studios and Steve Stark Productions. Evan Katz ("24") serves as executive producer/showrunner; Steve Stark ("Medium," "Facing Kate") serves as executive producer; Jeffrey Reiner (NBC's "Friday Night Lights," "Trauma") is director/executive producer; and Nick Wauters ("The 4400," "Eureka") is creator/co-executive producer.
http://www.nbc.com/the-event/

The Thread
Is not the Event

UChessmaster
Sun, 09-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Wow, this looks fantastic.

Inazuma
Tue, 09-21-2010, 02:29 PM
The first ep was MEH

Sapphire
Tue, 09-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Should I bother downloading this? It looks like LOST 2.

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I loved it, can`t wait for next episode, yeah, it`s a lot like LOST, let`s hope it doesn`t takes 6 years to tell what`s the event.

Xollence
Wed, 09-22-2010, 03:43 PM
They were doing the premier for this show last week at Times Square. Didnt know what the event was so I just walked past it without watching. It seems interesting.

Sapphire
Wed, 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM
You were in Times Square last week?!

I watched part of this on Hulu and it was so boring and self-important. I also didn't like the fact that it -started out- with weird flashbacks and a convoluted plot.

Assassin
Wed, 09-22-2010, 05:20 PM
watched the first ep....its just so-so. really the only good part for me was the end, with the plane disappearing.

Like sapphire said, i dont like how it starts all convoluted with the flashbacks..... especially since you dont know when the flashback ends and the present starts. Theres no indication, and without knowing the characters and the basic gist of the plot, its hard to tell when they switch timelines.

On top of all that, the beginning with that dude (simon lee?) in the truck, i found to be really retarded. who the hell just drives into an airport and along a moving plane these days? he'd e shot 14 times before even going through the fence. It all just seemed too "hey look at us, were doing a really kool/important show" to me. All flash, no substance.

Munsu
Thu, 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Just watched it and overall I agree with the sentiments above... just like the trailer, I still don't know what the fuck this show is about. Overall poorly acted I thought, some nice ideas but not good execution.

We'll have to see where this is heading though.

Munsu
Tue, 10-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Watched the 2nd episode, and I'm really not feeling this show. It's trying to be LOST with the flashback angle, but it's failing miserably at it.

Ratings are dropping week to week at a quick rate.

Lasting the full season might be an accomplishment from what I can see.

This Fall has been horrible with new shows, the worst group of shows I've seen in years.