PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 288

Kraco
Tue, 09-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Episode 288 720p- HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=158413)
Episode 288 480p- HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=158410)

- - - - - - - - -

Although I share Mayuri's opinion of the fight dragging on forever, I didn't mind so much being a Kenpachi fan. But more than that, I somewhat enjoyed the Unohana scenes because in the end she hasn't got amazing amounts of development - or even lines - during the series.

Parkalash
Tue, 09-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Sweet, no filler

Vorlath
Tue, 09-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I actually really enjoyed this episode. Nice to see Unohana. So Ichigo sucks at using his spiritual aura. DUH! And he's got at least twice that of a captain (whatever that really means) when at full capacity. I thought it was really funny when Unohana went in front. Ichigo's reaction was priceless. OOOHHHH!!!

Poor Kenpachi. They put him on a strict diet. The guy's obviously been skipping breakfast too often. He does not look healthy at all. Somebody buy the guy a burger or something.

Still, it's really strange. Only Kenpachi was fighting (which was ok), but it was actually the rest of the episode that I found enjoyable. And yet, no one else was fighting. Funny that. It was actually refreshing.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Ichigo's clothes are his mana gauge.

Yukimura
Wed, 09-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Ichigo's clothes are his mana gauge.

When has Ichigo's outfit ever, EVER related to his ability to keep fighting. If we're to believe this nonsense then every time he gets slashed or blasted and his outfit iss damaged he should have become proportionally weaker. It's complete nonsense. Back in Ichigo vs Byakuya his outfit was perfectly fine except for the hole made by Byakuya's lightning spell and he was still exhausted after the final charge. Fighting Nnoritra after exhausting himself on Grimmjow his outfit was pristine despite being about as strong as a newborn kitten. We have just been Kuboed hardcore.

Penner
Wed, 09-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Pffffffft, less outfit=less power, what kind of bullshit is that now?

Was that in the Manga aswell or are they just making this shit up on the fly?

Kraco
Wed, 09-15-2010, 12:19 PM
I reckon this is supposed to refer to the initial situation of Ichigo launching his bankai (or getting restored by Orihime like the was blabbering in this ep). If he's low on power, the bankai would turn out with an incomplete outfit. You can hardly say that if an opponent during a fight grabbed his coat and ripped half of it off, half of Ichigo's power would also suddenly disappear like all of Mut's posts.

Well, even if it was following such simple logic, I don't think it was very well presented in this episode. And even if it wasn't following this logic, it wouldn't surprise me since this is Bleach.

Vorlath
Wed, 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM
I must have gotten a bad translation. I thought Ichigo was talking about his sword. I thought it was damaged or shorter. And that only his spiritual energy can restore his sword. If he is talking about his clothes, Ichigo may be talking about restoring it only. An opponent may well be able to destroy it without affecting Ichigo's spiritual energy.

UChessmaster
Wed, 09-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Was that in the Manga aswell or are they just making this shit up on the fly?

I wish they were making it up...

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-17-2010, 11:38 PM
It makes sense to me.

His Bankai makes his clothes. So if he's at half power he only makes half a shirt.

It's still less dumb than The Flash's costume which is made of Go Fast.

Endrance
Mon, 09-20-2010, 05:34 PM
What Yukimura was saying though is that there were situations where his clothes were damaged, while Ichigo himself was rather fine and also the other way around. So this concept could make sense (even if it's pretty lame) if Kubo used his brains on it. But he didn't, so it doesn't.

kmkze04
Tue, 09-21-2010, 01:00 AM
The way I read into it was that the clothes measured his Spiritual Pressure, which seemed to be talking about his power capacity, not his output. So, just like in an RPG, if you have a max of 400 mana, but only have 100 left, the spells you cast will still have the same STRENGTH but it eats away that much of your remaining mana...