PDA

View Full Version : Anime that needs a new season

Archangel
Wed, 09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
So there's full metal panic, baccano, durarara, claymore, D. Gray-man, Fate Stay/Night, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Hunter x Hunter, Kimi ni Todoke, Maria+Holic, Needless, Nyan Koi, Soul Eater and Spice and Wolf

What did i miss?

Marik
Wed, 09-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Berserk, Gantz, Hajime no Ippo, and Moyashimon.

MFauli
Wed, 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah, Berserk and Gantz. Also Kaiji and Akagi. Ah, and Eden of East.

Aaand give my Sunohara-spinoff :D

Edit: Claymore, too. Just restart from 2 episodes before the end of season "1"

Kraco
Wed, 09-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Just today I was thinking that a new season of Aria would be utterly awesome. But I don't know if there's anything to animate. Probably not.

Amatsuki. Guin Saga. Kaze no Stigma. Nanoha. Minami-ke. Regios.

Archangel
Wed, 09-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Eden of the east is already getting a new season in the form of a movie so it doesn't count

Kaze no Stigma's author has passed away so that's not happening either

Kraco
Wed, 09-08-2010, 04:15 PM
I can't believe I forgot Skip Beat!

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 09-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Claymore, Fate Stay/Night, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Air Gear, Elfen Lied

Those are all I can come up with at the moment.

MFauli
Wed, 09-08-2010, 05:21 PM
oh yeah, air gear definitley. I tried reading the manga, but its too hard to read, at least for me.

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Just today I was thinking that a new season of Aria would be utterly awesome. But I don't know if there's anything to animate. Probably not.
They could always animate Amanchu! (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=38312), but it isn't very far along. Or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=586) could get more than just two OVAs.

Skip Beat - definitely
Durarara - definitely
Regios - absolutely
Moyashimon - absolutely
Baccano - I liked the way it ended, it felt concluded but still somewhat open and DRRR is more of it anyway.

My big three are: Candy Boy, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, and Shin Angyo Onshi

vejita613
Wed, 09-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Needless.

Archangel
Wed, 09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Claymore, Fate Stay/Night, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Air Gear, Elfen Lied

Those are all I can come up with at the moment.

Oh hell no, that's the one case where i felt the anime was superior to the manga

The manga just gets weird and starts not making sense the further you go, i wouldn't change a thing about the gore masterpiece that is its anime adaptation

Dark Dragon
Wed, 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM
FMP: Yes
Bacanno/Durarara: I would say yes, but it feel like they finished the story. I'd rather see some new materials.
Claymore: Either a reboot or they need to retcon the last 3 episodes of the anime.
D. Gray Man: Wait till the manga finish imo.
F S/N: Fate Hollow Ataraxia please!
HSDK: 2nd Season could end after that next story arc, would be perfect.
Hunter X Hunter: I think Togashi currently exist only as a floating head. I can see it happening when the ant arc ends sometime in the next 10 years.
Soul Eater: Retcon and the manga isn't far enough head for a second season.
Berserk: I would say wait till the manga finish.
Hajime no Ippo: 100x yes this is one manga that has enough content for several more seasons.
Moyasimon: Yes!
Gantz: I think the manga story got really stupid, but to each his own.
Guin Saga: yes please!
Kaze no Stigma: ditto.
Skip Beat: definitely!
Air Gear: I might be alone in this but i think "Oh Great!" is good at setting the premise and then proceed to completely and utterly rape the story. I feel like fan of the anime Air Gear would despise where the manga story is right now, but that's just me.
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari: I feel like this series sets itself up for a sequel so it's likely that might be Kajishima sensei next project.

The #1 anime on my list that i feel deserve a new season is Mahou Sensei Negima. This series really need a proper anime adaptation that doesn't butcher the story.

Rurouni Kenshin: I'd kill to see the last story arc animated.
Great Teacher Onizuka: They can do Shonan 14 days and then lead it into the final manga story arc.

Idealistic
Wed, 09-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Kekkaishi.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 09-08-2010, 10:23 PM
I absolutely 2nd Kekkaishi.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 09-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Berserk needs a reboot big time. I'd like to wait until it ends but who the hell knows when that will ever happen?

Xelbair
Thu, 09-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Berserk, Full Metal Panic, Hayate no Gotoku, School rumble(full season not some low OVA), Durarara and Baccano, GitS:SAC and Claymore - that's all i can think of.

MFauli
Thu, 09-09-2010, 05:33 AM
IF we wait for Berserk to end we´ll all be dead while the author´s son still works on it. And I think there´s enough material for many, many seasons of a Berserk-anime. Also, if they´d go for a high quality-anime, they could always pause for a season like many other shows do, too.

KillaSh0t
Thu, 09-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Full Metal Panic, Soul Eater and definitely School Rumble

KrayZ33
Thu, 09-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Full Metal Panic, Soul Eater and definitely School Rumble

yup
especially the first one because it ended right after a new "enemy" was introduced.

also Ookiku Furikabutte can't get enough of that one