PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 465

Marik
Sat, 09-04-2010, 09:59 PM
[yibis] One Piece 465 [720p] [D08BB26C].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=37094)
[yibis] One Piece 465 [400p] [8165DB6E].avi (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=37097)

----

[AnimeLink-Kenpai] One Piece 465 2010.09.05 (1920x1080 x264 AAC2).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=156603)
[AnimeLink-Kenpai] One Piece 465 (720p) [A6D21EC8].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=156359)
[HorribleSubs] One Piece - 465 [360p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=156278)
[FuniGuys] One Piece - 465 [360p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=156251)
[WATCHOP.COM] One Piece - 465 [360p].mkv (http://static.directvid.com/465.torrent)

Assertn
Sat, 09-04-2010, 10:31 PM
lol @ the ending

Marik
Sat, 09-04-2010, 10:41 PM
lol @ the ending

I loved the expression on Hancock's face during that scene.

lol @ Garp's face also. It looked like his eyes were about to pop out of his head and he had snot hanging down as well.

[AnimeLink-Kenpai] One Piece 465 (720p) [A6D21EC8].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=156359)

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-05-2010, 03:41 AM
How the fuck did they get in the sky?!

I recognize this scene at the end as the same one that was in the previous intro. They really need to not have spoilers in intros that don't even take place DURING the period the intro is going to cover...

And Whitebeard...raping that giant...pure win.

Akainu is also seems to be a textbook Knight Templar. Nothing like incinerating your own guys to show what a douche you are.

humpburger
Sun, 09-05-2010, 07:56 AM
It sort of felt like Superman was coming at the end with the music (except for all the screams of agony).

When I heard "Ice Witch" Whitey Bay's VA, I'm reminded of Fullmetal Brotherhood. Damn, I miss that show...

Splash!
Sun, 09-05-2010, 11:47 AM
How the fuck did they get in the sky?!

Didn't somebody in the group of falling idiots mention Ivankov's wink?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Didn't somebody in the group of falling idiots mention Ivankov's wink?Maybe. It looks like the boat is just floating up there though.

Splash!
Sun, 09-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Maybe. It looks like the boat is just floating up there though.

A case of bad animation, I presume. The last shot shows the boat having caught up to them, even though in all the previous shots it seems stationary, quite some distance away.

chambers
Sun, 09-05-2010, 03:38 PM
no comments on the bad assery of don flamingo? hes almost doing a w... damn cant say that on the anime boards just yet :P lets just say hes a really fucking cool sichibukai!

It was nice with the meloncholly of the flash backs between ace and garp to have luffy arrive at the end to cheer the situation up... but you have to wonder what possible impact on the battle he will have, even jinbei or ivankov should have more impact than luffy!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Well, him cutting off Oars' foot last week was better than this week. This week was nothing we haven't seen him do before.

All it really did was make that particular division commander seem weak.

FireEmblem
Sun, 09-05-2010, 09:47 PM
The scene where Whitebeard owns that vice admiral was done flawlessly. I have to admit that it actually stunned me for a second when I saw it.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-06-2010, 06:02 AM
No kidding.

Quake Fruit is another of those things where it's like "Well, that's a neat power, but how is making earthquakes any use in 1v1 fight?"

But then One Piece does what One Piece does and its "EARTHQUAKE TO THE FACE!!"

humpburger
Mon, 09-06-2010, 08:31 AM
If only he was air cracking instead of using his little sonic ball, but I guess that would of been too violent considering the guy's skull would of been shattered like his axe. Lol

Assertn
Mon, 09-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I liked doflamingo's little message in the middle about justice

Penner
Mon, 09-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Damn Whitebeard is the fucking man! He's made of pure badassery!

Also, AnimeLink-Kenpai's 1080p version was awesomesauce!

Death13a
Mon, 09-06-2010, 04:50 PM
In manga version bad-ass was already renamed Whitebeard for anime you will learn in due time how to properly apply word Whitebeard when talking about badassery

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
If only he was air cracking instead of using his little sonic ball, but I guess that would of been too violent considering the guy's skull would of been shattered like his axe. LolUm...did you miss the part where the guy's helmet shattered?

chambers
Mon, 09-06-2010, 07:20 PM
im not sure if i prefer don flamingo or whitebeard.... but one things clear how much of a joke is moria? i mean luffys crew beat him and they are basically ants compared to any single person of a number of people on the battle field at the moment... and that was on gecko morias home turf.

I wonder who turns out to be the strongest sichibukai, its clear blackbeard has abdicated his throne and mihawk seems to have a weird representation because hes testing himself, hes unwilling to fight, he was honourable to zoro ect. Kuma seems to be a beast though...

Sentenal
Tue, 09-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Moria may not be one of the strongest Shichibukai, but I don't think any of them should be discounted as weak. Just look at what Moria did to Oars, and imagine what Moria could do if he somehow gets Oar's corpse working in this battle. Plus, Luffy has beaten Crocodile before, but that doesn't make Crocodile any less of a beast. Although I will admit, Moria probably is the "weakest" Shichibukai right now.

FireEmblem
Tue, 09-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Luffy had outside assistance in defeating Moria and it took him 3 tries to beat Crocodile.

Archangel
Tue, 09-07-2010, 05:30 AM
Luffy had outside assistance in defeating Moria and it took him 3 tries to beat Crocodile.
Actually no, Luffy defeated Asgard Moria all by himself

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Actually no, Luffy defeated Asgard Moria all by himselfAsguard Moria turned out to be more of a Clipped Wing Angel though. He was barely able to wield his power at that point. And it only took one hit before he started losing his powers altogether.

humpburger
Tue, 09-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Um...did you miss the part where the guy's helmet shattered?

Which part of me wishing to see his skull shattered did you not get?

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Which part of me wishing to see his skull shattered did you not get?The part where you didn't actually SAY that.

You said you wanted to see him use his Quake powers on the guys head. Which is exactly what he did. It just shattered his helmet instead of his skull.

You call it a "little sonic ball" but it's obvious he was using the same effect on his face as he did on the axe, just more concentrated.

Archangel
Tue, 09-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Asguard Moria turned out to be more of a Clipped Wing Angel though. He was barely able to wield his power at that point. And it only took one hit before he started losing his powers altogether.
Maybe at first, but at one point he had enough control over himself to use his black coffin technique

It's just that a combination of gear 2 and 3 was too much for him, it was like a steel cannonball to the gut

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-07-2010, 07:46 AM
It's just that a combination of gear 2 and 3 was too much for him, it was like a steel cannonball to the gutIt had damn well better be more powerful than a steel cannonball. Pretty much everyone here in the Marineford battle would be completely unfazed by a cannonball.

Archangel
Tue, 09-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Oh right, cannon balls are like gummy drops in OP

It was like... a missile to the gut?

humpburger
Tue, 09-07-2010, 08:34 AM
The part where you didn't actually SAY that.

You said you wanted to see him use his Quake powers on the guys head. Which is exactly what he did. It just shattered his helmet instead of his skull.

You call it a "little sonic ball" but it's obvious he was using the same effect on his face as he did on the axe, just more concentrated.

No, I said I wanted to see him "crack air" as in physically cracking air like what he did to the axe. Of course the tremor ball was part of his Quake powers to a lesser extent, I just didn't know the specifics of quake powers and called it a "sonic ball".

Assertn
Tue, 09-07-2010, 04:14 PM
It took him out. Sorry it didn't split his head in two and blood didn't erupt from the crevice.

humpburger
Tue, 09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
meh... it was just a joke

didn't realize a petty argument would come out of it

Archangel
Wed, 09-08-2010, 05:38 AM
meh... it was just a joke

didn't realize a petty argument would come out of it
Welcome to gotwoot

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Welcome to the entire internet.

humpburger
Wed, 09-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Whoop-ti-Dooo!!!

Marik
Wed, 09-08-2010, 10:52 AM
[yibis] One Piece 465 [720p] [D08BB26C].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=37094)
[yibis] One Piece 465 [400p] [8165DB6E].avi (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=37097)

Assertn
Wed, 09-08-2010, 11:25 AM
It's only a joke if its funny :|

Archangel
Wed, 09-08-2010, 12:05 PM
It's only a joke if its funny :|
Tell that to Jimmy Fallon

FireEmblem
Thu, 09-09-2010, 04:11 AM
Actually no, Luffy defeated Asgard Moria all by himself

Asgard Moria was garbage. Nightmare Luffy has been Luffy's most broken form of help so far in the series.

Moria sucks but it's very likely that Luffy's own fighting ability wouldn't have been enough to defeat Thriller Bark. The great thing about that whole thing is that it's good for the story. It places a very sensible limit on Luffy's fighting powers up to that point. It made them getting wiped out not long after that even more believable! Usopp basically admitted that Luffy was carrying the crew at that point at the end of Thriller Bark too, which also worked to foreshadow the limitations of the whole crew as well.

Kraco
Thu, 09-09-2010, 05:28 AM
which also worked to foreshadow the limitations of the whole crew as well.

The prowess of the whole crew is also lessened by the fact the number two fighter, Zoro, is wounded and thus not at his peak performance half the time.

Archangel
Thu, 09-09-2010, 06:31 AM
All of Thriller Bark no but i still believe Moria was less of a villain than Rob Lucci

chambers
Thu, 09-09-2010, 01:01 PM
of all the people luffy fought since they entered the grand line i would rank enel as the strongest then lucci then crocodile then moria. Moria was almost a joke, like if the strawhats went in there KNOWING it was thrillerbark and moria was a sichibukai they more than likley could have taken him out at less than a moments notice... could the same be said for the other foes luffy has defeated? lucci who took luffy to the brink of death? crocodile who actually defeated luffy twice and of course enel who... well lets just say it, luffy lucked out like somone in OP said "you just never know how two fruits will match up in battle".

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-09-2010, 02:42 PM
I dunno, Luffy is also vastly more powerful between the time he fights Enel and the time he fights Lucci.

Luffy beat Crocodile without the use of Gears. Could he have done the same to Moria? I'm not so sure.

Archangel
Thu, 09-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Crocodile left him half dead... twice

Moria just kept running away and when they finally fought head on he was destroyed.

chambers
Thu, 09-09-2010, 06:38 PM
yes luffy beat croc without gears but its kinda similar to the enel situation... i mean croc handed luffy his ass twice with EASE and then got caught off guard because luffy pulls some water out of his ass.

Imagine if enel was a admiral or a pirate who exactly could you see posing a bigger threat to the balance of power if he was interested in that sort of thing, he has displayed mantra to such a high degree compared to the other people so far in the anime or manga that it really seems it was somthing enel EXCELLED at. Yes luffy has gained his gear attacks but the fact remains he would struggle to hit enel just as much as he would an admiral. to me, its similar to akaniu compared to ace. Fire is hot, lava is hotter. compare kizaru to enel, assuming enel knows of haki (since he knows of mantra) lightening is like the 1-up to kizarus light. its just as fast and has other interesting properties such as being able to bring enel back to life, and having a naturally damaging component

if you take the abilities of moria and compare them to either croc or enel, in either a 1v1 situation or a 1v the world kind of thing its clear who the big winners are..... in terms of power moria is more like bellamy or even arlong in that he is strong physically and his fruit helps him with this but ultimatley his powers are neither far reaching (he displayed no mantra or haki during his fights with luffy and his powers would not be able to take out say a whole army at once like crocs could) not strong in single combat (of all the people luffy has beaten moria was decidedly the easiest battle)

sorry im rambling, its late :P

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Enel's mantra is likely the best you'll ever see in the series, since it was amplified by his sensitivity to electrical static in the air

Archangel
Thu, 09-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Enel's mantra is likely the best you'll ever see in the series, since it was amplified by his sensitivity to electrical static in the air
Pretty bold claim for a show that's only halfway done

Assertn
Thu, 09-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Here's another bold claim for you:
Enel will be the only lightning man you'll ever see in the series

Archangel
Thu, 09-09-2010, 08:07 PM
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Reik

Boyah motherfucker

FireEmblem
Thu, 09-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Is lightning really as fast as light? I have my doubts about that but I'm too lazy to check right now.

UChessmaster
Thu, 09-09-2010, 10:00 PM
It`s not as far as i know.

Sentenal
Thu, 09-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, speed of lightning is 93,000 miles per second. Unless my googling skills have failed me.

Kraco
Fri, 09-10-2010, 01:17 AM
In practice that makes no difference. Just looking at Kizaru's drunken drug addict face is enough to reveal that he might be able to move at the speed of light but he certainly isn't reacting at the speed of light. Normal human reactions, perhaps battle hardened, but that's it. So, the speed difference is completely insignificant.

Assertn
Fri, 09-10-2010, 02:19 AM
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Reik

Boyah motherfucker

Guy in electric suit != lightning man...

...motherfucker

Archangel
Fri, 09-10-2010, 06:40 AM
In practice that makes no difference. Just looking at Kizaru's drunken drug addict face is enough to reveal that he might be able to move at the speed of light but he certainly isn't reacting at the speed of light. Normal human reactions, perhaps battle hardened, but that's it. So, the speed difference is completely insignificant.
His reaction time seems to be an inside joke though, i'm sure that if he was serious his speed would be unmatched

Guy in electric suit != lightning man...

...motherfucker
Details motherfucker, details

chambers
Fri, 09-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, speed of lightning is 93,000 miles per second. Unless my googling skills have failed me.

in real terms they both may as well be 1 billion miles per second, you wont stop either of them no matter how fast you are unless you have eaten the lucozade-lucozade fruit or some incredibly unfeasable shit.

both speeds are suffucient to ignite air i think? so in effect they are equal, especially when you add the human reaction in to the equation. It just reinforces my point of just how weak moria is... if we said moria vs kizaru i would expect it to be a no contest, moria didnt even display ANY haki or mantra.

Assertn
Fri, 09-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Enel does feel like he moves much faster than Kizaru, though. Enel had the capacity to appear basically wherever he wanted to, but Kizaru seems to rely on things like reflective surfaces to get around. Even in his initial appearance, he used a cannonball to reach the archipelago, though light obviously travels much faster than that.

Archangel
Fri, 09-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Well Enel was in panic while fighting Luffy, in contrast i don't think we've seen Kizaru give his all in any fight yet

Assertn
Fri, 09-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Nah Enel was teleporting around way more before he even confronted Luffy.
He went from his throne in the clouds to the Going Merry and then to the cage match within a span of like 5 minutes.

Kraco
Fri, 09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Looking at Kizaru's alcoholic's wasted face, I wouldn't consider it impossible he has never explored his powers as deeply as Enel. Even so far, I don't think we have seen many fruit users quite as much in control of their powers as Enel clearly was (I expect Whitebeard is one, Kuma as well). Kizaru's fruit is one that grants immense power even with little practice, so unless he has really invested in it on his free time, he could have risen to his position probably with cursory knowledge.

But then again, we haven't seen him try to do anything grand.

Assertn
Fri, 09-10-2010, 04:46 PM
I dunno, I would think that the main difference between someone like Kizaru and someone like Smoker is how well they're able to utilize their devil power as well as haki. After all, why else would a logia user be ranked so much lower than another? Crocodile made observations about this as well, talking about how the difference between devil fruit users is how well they learn to utilize their abilities.

That being said, Kizaru is probably way more awesome than we are led to believe.

As for Whitebeard, well, I'm not sure if he can fully explore his power without destroying the planet.

chambers
Fri, 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
while what you say about kizaru is true, i really think if there was a LOT more power to him he would have attempted to take down rayleigh with the help of a couple of pacafistas, sentoumaru and kuma.

also... what type of fruit is whitebeard? we have logia which eh certainly is not as you cant turn your self into an earthquake, we have paramecia of which my understanding was that a property was manifested in your physical body (rubber sping chop chop) and zoan... he doesnt really seem to fit into any of those does he?

TwisT
Fri, 09-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Enel IMO is still the most powerful DF-user we have seen. Lightning in itself is one of the most powerful elements out there. And Robin said it when she encountered Enel that out of all DF's Goro Goro no Mi "Boasts to be Invincible"(or something like that). And Robin is one of the most knowledgeable characters we have seen or even heard of in OP. Only one with more knowledge about stuff like that, that we have heard of would be Dr.Vegapunk. Combine that with his Mantra, which his DF even enhanced to godlike proportions.

Enel's only weakness was that he had never fought anyone even remotely strong. He had no battle experience. And on top of that he was so arrogant because he thought he truly was invincible. So when he fought Luffy he was reduced to a panicking fool. Blackbeard said this when he fought Ace. When you remove a Logia-users invulnerability he usually becomes even weaker then a normal fighter. Ace was strong even before he had his DF. Enel wasn't. Just imagine how powerful Enel would have been a pirate and been a faced real enemy's even before he got his DF, like Ace. He would have been so overpowered he would probably have been considered even stronger then WB.

Kizaru strikes me as the same. Someone that doesn't have any real fighting power without his fruit. He just cruses around on his DF power. In theory his power should be almost as powerful as Lightning. But from what we have seen, when Kizaru are about to travel in his light-form, it takes him several seconds just to convert to light. When Enel moved in his form it was instant. No chargeup needed. Closest thing to teleportation we have seen. If this is because Kizaru is inexperienced with his powers because of his playfulness/laziness or if his power just is that much weaker and slower then lightning we might never know.

And for the difference between Kizaru and Smoker, is that Kizaru's Logia gives him so many properties, both offensive and defensive. Smoker didn't really gain anything more then the Logia invulnerability. He didn't really get any physical speed or strength from it. Smoke in itself isn't really a weapon. He can grab stuff with it, but that is about it we have seen so far. Light as we have seen has enhanced Kizaru's speed in his kicks. And as he pointed out, speed = power. He can also travel real fast. And light can be use as a weapon too when concentrated to a laser. Ice, Magma and Fire all have defensive and offensive properties that make them much more powerful then smoke. Sand too. Even though it doesn't really offer any defensive ability more then the standard, we saw Croc use both that draining and splitting waves. So even if Smoker learned how to use haki and learned how to use his DF better he would never have the same potential as the other Logia's.

Just imagine if you merged Rob Lucci and Enel together. Someone with Lucci's battle experience and fighting style, but with Enel's DF and his Mantra. He would be able to conquer the world by himself.

This was brought to you by Wall of Text Inc. If you have made it this far, you are almost as bored as me <_<

Sentenal
Fri, 09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Enel does feel like he moves much faster than Kizaru, though. Enel had the capacity to appear basically wherever he wanted to, but Kizaru seems to rely on things like reflective surfaces to get around. Even in his initial appearance, he used a cannonball to reach the archipelago, though light obviously travels much faster than that.
I think that might be due to Enel's Mantra. Like, because of Enel's strong mantra, which allowed him to sense everyone's presence instantly on Sky Island, he knew exactly where to go to zap people. Kizaru on the other hand, doesn't have Enel's mantra. So I don't think it is a question of Kizaru not being able to go places instantly. I think its a question of Kizaru not knowing where to go instantly, and thus takes slower methods.