PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The Expendables

depthcharge
Fri, 09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
OMG, first time seeing an automatic shotgun with drum loaded.

I was only truly interested when I saw and heard the shotgun going dum dum dum. I look it up it is called the AA-12.

Apparently GI Joe and Predator also featured it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchisson_Assault_Shotgun

It is my dream to own and fire such a kick ass weapon.

PS: If anyone knows of any pc game that feature this gun, please post!

KillaSh0t
Fri, 09-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Modern Warfare 2 has it

depthcharge
Sat, 09-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Does it rock the soul of its enemy when it is employed?

I mean before now, I always figured that shotgun does the most damage but the limited number of rounds per loaded gun is minimal thus limiting the usefulness.

I think this gun fits perfectly for a zombie apocalypse. Slow moving targets and a gun that totally knocks the "balls" out of the park.

Animeniax
Sat, 09-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Any shotgun has a special pants-moistening effect on both the wielder and the target, but an auto-shotgun is what the wettest of dreams and the stinkiest of fright-induced anal discharges are made of. Too bad they are considered assault weapons and banned from most places in the US.

Unfortunately they are not that impressive in video games since they have poor range.

depthcharge
Sat, 09-04-2010, 11:16 AM
If this gun can make zombies pee in their pants... I will get a hundred of them.

Apart from blasting zombies into smithereens, load it with some rubber slugs and you have a great indoor non-lethal ? defensive weapon.

KillaSh0t
Sat, 09-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Animeniax is right about the range of the shotgun in the game.
It is very poor, but from close range it owns! Just started using it a couple days ago and in my opinion its a beast. Too bad it has very little ammo.

Animeniax
Sat, 09-04-2010, 10:02 PM
If this gun can make zombies pee in their pants... I will get a hundred of them.

Apart from blasting zombies into smithereens, load it with some rubber slugs and you have a great indoor non-lethal ? defensive weapon.

Potentially non-lethal (rubber slug to the head is still quite lethal), definitely not-legal. I want one.

If you buy a shotgun for home protection and saw off the barrel, is that illegal in the US?

edit: evidently it is illegal, but you can buy one legally if you pay a special tax.

depthcharge
Sat, 09-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Maybe buy it as a collector item? It may have some modification that will make it non-automatic.

I think the game version of it definitely reflect some truth in the accuracy of a full automatic shotgun. The recoil would be quite a beast to handle. Nope the recoil is handled by a system. Check out the video below and be in awe.

Day 1 of Zombie Apocalypse : Depthcharge owned 200 zombies with AA-12.

Day 2 of Zombie Apocalypse: Depthcharge died from the massive hemorrhages that developed while he fired his AA-12. Just watched this and I am scared... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c)

Animeniax
Sun, 09-05-2010, 08:36 PM
It seems the illegality of auto-shotties is in their sole purpose as an assault weapon. Some federal laws like the Brady bill may have lapsed but state laws still restrict the ownership of auto-fire weapons including shotguns.

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 09-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Legally owning auto-shotties would definitely make the world a better place.

/offtopic

Neat movie. Stupid story and a lot of it made me think about Just Cause 2, but the action scenes were awesome! Jason Stathom was pure win, though most of his moves should've been Jet Li's. Dolph Lundgren with his punchlines, you bet yo ass they hurt. It was good to see a bad guy (Steve Austin) actually pwning the good guy. And Terry Crews' gun gave me eargasmes... LOL @ Stallone's sprint for the plane! Loads of fun. :)

depthcharge
Mon, 09-06-2010, 02:44 AM
If you ask me, single shot semi-auto AA-12 is good enough.

It is definitely not a spray and pray weapon. The idea of having a 30 round drum that does not require reloading will make the weapon desirable.

Penner
Fri, 09-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Just watched this and my only complaint is that its TOO SHORT :P