PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 508

Marik
Thu, 09-02-2010, 01:52 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3md34q19gzc11b1) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/qe9oqv) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/72932747/1)

Kenco
Thu, 09-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Kisame was one of the "bad guys" that I rather enjoyed. He will be missed.

Kuborichoramru (sp?) better not revive him as a corpse, leave him in his former, shark cannibal destructive self.

Kisame has interesting deaths, despite them not being him all the time. The fight with Gai, beheaded by twin close lines, and getting eaten by sharks after getting hit by an Afternoon Tiger.

R.I.P. you chakra crazed Shark Ninja...

Sam98034
Thu, 09-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Yep. Seemed like a good way for someone like him to go. And this next fight might be interesting. It could also just be Tobi one-shotting her pretty easily, but maybe she has a few tricks up her sleaves as well.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 09-02-2010, 02:30 AM
I am happy to see Konan back. I thought that they were just going to write her out and we would not see her again. I am guessing she took out Nagato's eyes since Kabuoro summoned Nagato's body a while back. This could be good!

I thought that that it was a little lame having Shark Prisons in the scroll to hold them while the Shark got away. I just assumed that Zetsu was there lurking around.Awell. I look forward to next week as always.

betatesterz
Thu, 09-02-2010, 02:38 AM
thanks for the chapter!

looks like konan's toasted

Assertn
Thu, 09-02-2010, 02:46 AM
Yeap, I still pretty much expected that the info would leak out, otherwise there was no point keeping Kisame around this long, but he had a fitting end.

Konan shouldn't be fighting in the rain, doesn't that jack up her paper abilities?

Archangel
Thu, 09-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Why did it look like Tobi was talking to Nagato in that last page?

Cal_kashi
Thu, 09-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Goodnight Kisame
Good luck Konan, you'll need it.
This chapter kicked ass.

rockmanj
Thu, 09-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Yeap, I still pretty much expected that the info would leak out, otherwise there was no point keeping Kisame around this long, but he had a fitting end.

Konan shouldn't be fighting in the rain, doesn't that jack up her paper abilities?
I was just thinking that about Konan. Also, isn't wood release a combination of water and earth release? I would have thought that Yamato could have done more against those water prisons. Solid chapter, although it felt like it went by too quickly.

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Heh. What I liked the most was how Gai referred of Kisame as "A True Shinobi" not the crap Naruto keeps pulling.

In all, I think Kisame was one of the better villans within Akatsuki. Hidan and Kakuzu, in comparison, barely had screen time and we didn't even got to see their past. So at least Kisame left with a bang.

And he tricked the idiots. Nice.

About Konan... does water really affect her? I mean... wasn't she attacked by Jiraiya with oil and not water? I mean... why would Jiraiya take the efforct to summon oil with so much water around if it worked the same?

Why did it look like Tobi was talking to Nagato in that last page?

LOL.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 09-02-2010, 09:31 AM

I would think that she would be able to use her abilities in her own "Rain" Village.

Sidnne
Thu, 09-02-2010, 10:55 AM
It's funny, when I was looking at the opening page of Kisame standing on the cliff with the shark jumping out of the water, I thought to myself, "it looks like the shark is going to eat Kisame; that would be ridiculous if he got eaten by his own summon." And then he really got eaten by his own summon.

Also, isn't "don't open enemy scrolls" one of the first lessons learned during the chuunin exam? WTF is Gai doing opening the damn scroll?!

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-02-2010, 11:16 AM
I think Kisame was wasted during the series.
we hardly got to see him interacting with anyone but Gai (he had two scenes with Itachi, and that's it, Naruto had more scenes with Itachi than that). he managed to be awesomly cool without really doing much, he basically got shaft into a role of a mook.

Kisame was my favorite akatsuki, simply because he was the only akatsuki member we got to see (sans Zetsu)

Patriot
Thu, 09-02-2010, 12:15 PM
What is it that Guy caught that hit the tree a moment before Kisame's death. Any thoughts?

Sidnne
Thu, 09-02-2010, 12:40 PM
What is it that Guy caught that hit the tree a moment before Kisame's death. Any thoughts?

Ummm... what?

UChessmaster
Thu, 09-02-2010, 01:20 PM
I think he means this.

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/72932747/11

Lower left part.

And for the love of god, please tell me english is not your main language.

Assertn
Thu, 09-02-2010, 04:44 PM
No, i'm pretty sure he's just referring to the part where Gai clenches his fist. And it says :clench:

poopdeville
Thu, 09-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Why did Madara call Konan Nagato? Is she a puppet too?

redcat
Thu, 09-02-2010, 10:39 PM

sigh.. really?

toonice714
Fri, 09-03-2010, 11:04 AM

He is having an "aside" conversation. He is not speaking directly at her.

depthcharge
Fri, 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Gai finally remembered who he was. A fitting death for a jinchuriki class shinobi.

redcat
Fri, 09-03-2010, 11:53 AM
He is having an "aside" conversation. He is not speaking directly at her.

wrong. there never was much reading comprehension around here was there

toonice714
Fri, 09-03-2010, 01:16 PM
wrong. there never was much reading comprehension around here was there

I don't mean like a shakespearian aside where the character is speaking and noone else can hear. I guess I should have said he is just talkin to himself.

I.e like if naruto is about to fight someone and then he says something like "how many of these guys do I have to fight to finally save you sasuke..."

redcat
Fri, 09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
he was talking to konan, and referred to the same thing twice, with a small pause in between. that's all there is to it.

Sam98034
Fri, 09-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Just for clarification:

"I see you have no intention of telling me where you hid the Rinnegan, AKA Nagato."

or

"I see you have no intention of telling me where you hid the Rinnegan, and by that I mean where you hid Nagato"

or

"I see you have no intention of telling me where you hid the Rinnegan, and by that I mean where you hid Nagato because Nagato has the Rinnegan."

Let me know if you're still confused.

Tofu #2
Fri, 09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
think pronouns.

ruccus
Fri, 09-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I like that Kisame's death broke the mold of just about every other villian so far in this series, Orochimaru being an exception, redeeming themselves with a flashback that just about explains why they are doing what they are doing.

Sure Kisame chose to use his summon to kill himself but that's more badass than redeeming.

toonice714
Fri, 09-03-2010, 09:46 PM
well i might not have been pinpoint on what he was saying but it wasn't originally written in english and it isn't exactly translated by scholars. I also didn't completely misinterpret it either. And who cares anyways its just naruto i think i would care a lot more about misinterpreting one piece out of all the manga thats out there anyways. That aside...

Why is it that with almost every bad guy death they always seem to just pass the baton in this series to someone else. I think the only reason why Kisame's death was satisfying and gave closure was due to the fact that he was just all about business. Everyone else always has some excuse. The only character so far to just be a legitimate antagonist. I think the last character that was like that was....well zabuza if i remember correctly. The mist village is fucked up with all these rogue badass ninja but why are all their hokage all so weak and easily manipulated?

Sam98034
Fri, 09-03-2010, 11:33 PM
The mist village is fucked up with all these rogue badass ninja but why are all their hokage all so weak and easily manipulated?

Because their opponent is Madara. He hax with the Sharingan.

FireEmblem
Sat, 09-04-2010, 12:15 AM
I honestly didn't care for Kisame at ALL until he did what he did in this chapter.

Hidan, Kakuzu and Deidara are still above Kisame on the Akatsuki "muscle" list for me though.

depthcharge
Sat, 09-04-2010, 03:20 AM
I honestly didn't care for Kisame at ALL until he did what he did in this chapter.

Hidan, Kakuzu and Deidara are still above Kisame on the Akatsuki "muscle" list for me though.

You are stepping on the toes of some a lot of Gai-sensei's fans.

Kisame is one of the first Akatsuki member that was introduced and survived till now.

Kisame fought numerous battle.

Most important of all, it was the Green Beast of Konoha that defeated Kisame. That alone would elevate Kisame to a very high post on the muscle list.
(if it was the Mokuton sensei.... then not so much.)

BTW, I was thinking that Kisame would have escaped.

TwisT
Sat, 09-04-2010, 06:50 AM
But Kisame was redeemed. He was a true ninja, that was loyal to his Kage. He's most important job was to protect the information and secrets that could hurt his country/village. And he did that flawlessly. He worked for Mizukage, who was Madara. When he told Kisame that Tobi was him (Madara), Kisame even recognized him as the Mizukage. Of all the ninjas who was part of Akatsuki he never even betrayed his village/Kage. And in the end he did the ultimate sacrifice, to carry out his most important duty, protecting the information and secrets. And he could have just destroyed the scroll, but he made sure that it would reach his Mizukage.

Now tell me if that isn't a real ninja or what. And just because he enjoyed what he did, doesn't make him a monster.If you don't enjoy what you do, you're in the wrong line of work.

FireEmblem
Sat, 09-04-2010, 03:43 PM
You are stepping on the toes of some a lot of Gai-sensei's fans.

Kisame is one of the first Akatsuki member that was introduced and survived till now.

Kisame fought numerous battle.

Most important of all, it was the Green Beast of Konoha that defeated Kisame. That alone would elevate Kisame to a very high post on the muscle list.
(if it was the Mokuton sensei.... then not so much.)

BTW, I was thinking that Kisame would have escaped.

Huh???

I just prefer those characters. I doubt anyone on the internet cares about my preference. X_x

poopdeville
Sat, 09-04-2010, 10:05 PM
But Kisame was redeemed. He was a true ninja, that was loyal to his Kage. He's most important job was to protect the information and secrets that could hurt his country/village. And he did that flawlessly. He worked for Mizukage, who was Madara. When he told Kisame that Tobi was him (Madara), Kisame even recognized him as the Mizukage. Of all the ninjas who was part of Akatsuki he never even betrayed his village/Kage.

That's a whitewash.

Kisame wasn't loyal to his village. First, he found out that Madara was manipulating the real Mizukage, and he chose Madara over the rightful leader. He even became a missing-nin and joined Akatsuki.

In fact, we found out during the Kage Meeting that Madara was responsible for the Mist Village becoming the "Bloody Mist", because the puppet Mizukage instituted the Uchiha tradition of killing your teammate/"brother" (figurative for the Mist village, though it was literal for the Uchiha). That's what Kisame was loyal to. Fighting.

rockmanj
Sat, 09-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I wonder what Gai's Night + animal combo will be that he uses. You know he is going to have to go out in a blaze of 8 gates glory the way Kishimoto set up the whole gates thing. I'm going to go with "Night Dragon" it also incites the savvy double entendre.

Sam98034
Sat, 09-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Night Turtles is probably more likely. Actually, since Gai is all about youth, he'll probably use young turtles, so "Teenage Night Turtles" is probably more likely. On second thought, these are going to be fighting turtles, so maybe something along the lines of "Teenage Ninja Night Turtles." He may even add some random word in there like mutant, so "Teenage Mutant Ninja Night Turtles" for the final combo.