PDA

View Full Version : TV: I (almost) got away with it,.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 08-26-2010, 10:38 PM
There's this neat show on The discovery channel called "I (almost) got away with it" which showcases some of the most near-perfect crimes in history. How did these criminals almost get away? Any way you are probably thinking to yourself so fucking what? A crime re-enactment show, whoopty-do. First off, fun to watch in that Jerry Springer, Cops white trashy drama kinda fun.
Also, I had an audition today to be the *LEAD* of episode 8 of Season 2. I think it went surprisingly well, and I'd bet I'll get the role! I'll be playing the part of a Texan militant secessionist who takes a family hostage and then flees the authorities when he releases the hostages. I'm pretty excited, I may be on tv, yo! I was an extra in S02E01, though it was a part so small it's hardly worth elaborating on. I'll keep you all updated, I'll know on Monday if I get the part. Filming starts on Sept 6th. I'm excited, always wanted to be an actor; big money, easy job.

PS: It'll be hella more fun to be an actor for a week than my usual cycling hardware engineering self =D

Assassin
Thu, 08-26-2010, 11:41 PM
nice....good luck with it. I'll have to check out the show if you end up being on it.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 08-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Thanks!
I'll know on Monday that I got the part for sure.

Penner
Fri, 08-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Hope you get the part, i'm rooting for ya!

rockmanj
Sun, 08-29-2010, 11:10 PM
I hope you get it as well!

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-30-2010, 08:18 AM
So do you know yet? :D

Sapphire
Mon, 08-30-2010, 09:27 AM
I can't believe it! So exciting! Tell us all about it!

Cal_kashi
Mon, 08-30-2010, 10:11 PM
I got the role!
Assuming no complications with work, and I should have them by the balls, I'm gonna be an actor! ZOMG!
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

PS: I've never acted =D so excited.

Lucifus
Mon, 08-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Hell ya mate! I'm proud of ya! =D

Well done!

Edit: It just occurred to me that I have no clue who you are..........but congratz all the same. =)

Penner
Tue, 08-31-2010, 06:35 AM
Congratulations man!

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 08-31-2010, 10:48 AM
tits and gravy good for you! Tell us how easy it is so we can all become famous actors and reminisce of the days we only knew eachother on the gotwoots.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 08-31-2010, 11:37 AM
congrats!
you're gonna be the guy who almost got away with it, if not for those meddling kids!

Cal_kashi
Tue, 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
I sort of got a promotion, more much more responsibility at work, immediately. Which interferes with my plans, so I've asked for a week off. They owe it to me, and my boss knows I've been planning something. So, here's to hoping, it's the only thing that stands in my way.

Vacation approved! It's friggin' on now! I'm gonna be an actor.

also, thanks for all the congrats. I <3 Gotwoot

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 09-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I was in the kitchen yesterday and I heard my grandma half talking to me and to the tv from her room. Couldn't hear everything all I got was theres a hostage situation in the Discovery building. First thing I thought was....

Damn cal kashi didnt get that part he was promised? He's gonna make Discovery channel pay what they owe

Cal_kashi
Thu, 09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I was in the kitchen yesterday and I heard my grandma half talking to me and to the tv from her room. Couldn't hear everything all I got was theres a hostage situation in the Discovery building. First thing I thought was....

Damn cal kashi didnt get that part he was promised? He's gonna make Discovery channel pay what they owe

lol!
He was an attention whoring, enviro-hypocrite.
I do my part for Mother earth by not driving. Only bike and public transport =D.

Filming starts on moday, got the script last night. There 20 pages of scenes, and it looks like I'm in most of them.

KitKat
Thu, 09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Niiiiice! Congrats man! I can't wait to see Gotwoot's very own television star in your debut role!

animus
Thu, 09-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Make sure you adlib and say GotWoot or something.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 09-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Make sure you adlib and say GotWoot or something.

Consider it done, I'll mouth gotwoot at one point (if I can get away with it, believe me I'll try.

I just borrowed a bunch of clothes I need, camo stuff and boots from a neighbor.
I got the script in an email, and there are 20 pages of scenes that I am gonna be in =D. I checked the shows run-time and I'm going to get an hour of face time on TV!
OMG I',m going to have an IMDB page now, ZOMG.

Animeniax
Sat, 09-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Sweet, you're going to portray one of the criminals we see in re-enactments on shows like America's Most Wanted? I've always wondered about those guys. It's funny to realize they are actors and not actually criminals, though you may feel the misdirected karmic hate flowing when we watch your scene.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 09-08-2010, 04:20 AM
It's kinda like that. My episode is going to revolve entirely around me. I'm in damn near all the scenes. The stories are real, we know what happened IRL from talking to the real people involved, may even use there real voices in the voice over narrations.
It *DOES* feel kinda weird being this hardcore evil criminal guy. I had to spend hours and hours today screaming at this '80 yo' couple, and to be honest, I felt kinda bad. So, I've tried to slip gotwoot twice into the ep and think so far I've failed, but I'll keep at it.
Acting is EX.HAUST.ING. it's like 10-14 hr days, and at a super high intensity all day. We'll probably film at least 50-60 hrs of film for the 44 min ep. It's also incredibly fun, especially for someone like me. More details to come in time, just thought I'd check in and say hi. Hi.
Also, this episode is apparently one of the crews favorite, or at least one that they are super excited about because of how fun and nuts this one is. So, be excited, be be excited. Be excited, be be excited.=D when this airs, it's gonna rock.

Also, just getting to each day's shoot has been an adventure in and of itself since I don't have a car. We are shooting all over teh bay, Treasure island, Petaluma out in the boonies, Novato, concord... So I've had to play a lot of tricky, tricky games to get there each day at 7am. Sleeping and driving in and with weird folks and places. It's been one hell of a trip so far. Best Vacation from work EVAR!

Penner
Wed, 09-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Sounds like you're having a blast! :D

Looking forward to watching the finished episode!

Cal_kashi
Wed, 12-22-2010, 03:23 AM
My episode was tonight!

I have to wait for the torrent to watch it myself, but my entire family, and some friends have seen it and they all said it was great. Apparently I'm a good actor! I'm so excited right now.

Here's the ep's synopsis on ID:

Got To Lock And Load
Air Date: 12/21

In 1997 members of the Republic of Texas separatist group took Joe Rowe and his wife hostage. The Texas Rangers were able to negotiate their release, and capture four separatists, however two members, Richard Keyes and Mike Matson got away. Fleeing into the mountainous hills of Davis, Texas they spent two days evading helicopters and police dogs, eventually Matson pulls his pistol, preferring to go out in standoff. Keyes keeps running. Using an underground Militia group, Keyes is able to hideout in the woods undetected, until a tail leads the FBI to his hideout, and his capture.

w000000! I'm an actor,
And as I promised I tried to plug gotwoot.
Once I watch it, I'll let you all know if I was successful.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-22-2010, 03:26 AM
My episode was tonight!

Which season and episode was it?

edit: Ah, S2 Ep09. Got to wait for that to show up now..

Cal_kashi
Wed, 12-22-2010, 03:27 AM
It should be S02E09 (air date tonight). If I'm not mistaken, I've been seeing the torrents pop up on TPB a day or two after. I just search for the word "almost", the show pops up along with some Monty Python stuff.

Since I was the lead, I should be in almost every scene (excepting the ones where the police are looking for me and coordinating) for an hour.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-22-2010, 03:39 AM
It should be S02E09 (air date tonight). If I'm not mistaken, I've been seeing the torrents pop up on TPB a day or two after. I just search for the word "almost", the show pops up along with some Monty Python stuff.

Since I was the lead, I should be in almost every scene (excepting the ones where the police are looking for me and coordinating) for an hour.

A day? Damn.. I'll keep refreshing every so often then.

Btw, did you sort out the pay with them Cal?

Cal_kashi
Wed, 12-22-2010, 03:51 AM
A day? Damn.. I'll keep refreshing every so often then.

Btw, did you sort out the pay with them Cal?

I'm refreshing the boards pretty frantically, and I'll let you guys know when I see it.

Eventually I got it sorted out, but there ended up being a whole bunch of bull shit involved, some of it in contradiction to the contracts I had signed,

Also, they lied about getting copies of the episode. It was part of the whole deal that we get a copy of every episode we are in for our reel,. Standard operating procedure, really. it's a common practice. I was told that I'd get a copy, when I was at the audition, when I signed the contracts, and when I was on set. When I inquired recently about it, they told me they weren't doing it, and that I should buy the episode, if not for the torrents (which weren't available for this show until a month or so ago) I'd have to buy the iTunes, then play it in iTunes while capturing your screen with something like SnagIt software:

Shady operation all around, but the only one in Nor Cal. As soon as work eases up a bit (aprilish) I'll get right back to it, and get into some movies, other TV shows and
maybe some commercials too. On that note, from what I understand, having a whole episode under my belt as opposed to a handful of extra roles should help me immensely in the future to get more roles. If all goes well, this is just the beginning my friends. And damnit! every time I'm on film, I'll try to slip a gotwoot into there. In this episode, I type it on a keyboard a few times, mouth it while I type, and try to write it in lasahna.

Sapphire
Wed, 12-22-2010, 11:33 AM
That's so fucking amazing! It it one of my secret desires to be an actress. Can't wait to see you!

Cal_kashi
Wed, 12-22-2010, 01:07 PM
The link on AMazon has a two minute free preview!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004H0FRDE?ie=UTF8&tag=epguideaz-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004H0FRDEe!

Still waiting on torrents..

And Sapphire, follw your dreams! Make it happen, keep your head to the ground listening for casting calls and throw yourself out there. This episode is the only acting I've done (yet).

Sapphire
Fri, 12-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm totally buying thissss. And this is the first TV/movie thing I've bought. Ever.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 12-26-2010, 12:00 AM
That is totally fucking badass xD. I'll buy it too in support.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 12-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Still no torrents =(
But I got to watch the episode with my family when I traveled to my parents house for x-,mas. That was SOOOO much fun to watch. SQUEEE! I was on tv, so ridiculous.I think I even acted well, though I'm a bit biased in my assessment,

Did you two watch it? What did you think?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Still no torrents =(

I.Almost.Got.Away.With.It.S02.E09 (http://ca.isohunt.com/download/263625697/almost+got+away+with+it.torrent)

Sapphire
Thu, 12-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I loved it. It was crazy. I want to see more!

How was it running through the woods for x hours?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-31-2010, 01:48 AM
Moral of the story:

DO be easy going with your care-takers,

DON'T call your family.

I have to wonder, whether this guy would have used facebook if it was around at the time. They didn't do it this time, but there was another case where they tracked a guy because he was using the internet to see how law enforcement were going on their search.

I'm actually rather interested in the "predatory instincts" they brushed over in the beginning - what makes a good criminal, what doesn't?

Sapphire
Fri, 12-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Did Face Book give the IPs away or something? A VPN could totally be used to throw off his scent hah.

How distracting were the camaras, Kashi?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Did Face Book give the IPs away or something? A VPN could totally be used to throw off his scent hah.

The guy went into hiding, but created a new facebook account and befriended his old one. That's how they tracked him.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 12-31-2010, 10:16 PM
http://darog.smbks.net/anigifs/UC_dance.gif

I.Almost.Got.Away.With.It.S02.E09 (http://ca.isohunt.com/download/263625697/almost+got+away+with+it.torrent)

Thanks for keeping an eye on that. I've become despondent as the days and week rolled by without torrent.

Sapphire: I loved it. It was crazy. I want to see more!

How was it running through the woods for x hours?

It was EXHAUSTING! we filmed from sun up to sun down 5 straight days, And we discovered the best way to make me look tired on film was to have me run up and down hills for a while until I was tired. (Then we had like a minute to film =P)

There IS so much more to see, though we never will. There was probably 40+ hours opf film of me, and maybe 25 minutes made it into the show.

Sapphire
How distracting were the camaras, Kashi?

It took a little getting used tom, since I'd never acted before, ever.
But after a little while you don't notice the cameras. The director does an amazing job
of telling you what he is looking for and what he wants you to do, and you simply follow directions. That's all there is to acting! SO easy =D. Because you are focused on what you've been told to do, pretty soon the cameras become invisible.

Buffalobiian
Moral of the story:

DO be easy going with your care-takers,

DON'T call your family.

I have to wonder, whether this guy would have used facebook if it was around at the time.
I'm actually rather interested in the "predatory instincts" they brushed over in the beginning - what makes a good criminal, what doesn't?

Frankly, the kid is an idiot. He liked to believe he has a six sense for crime and protecting himself and that he was a predator. But really, he was a dumbass. He was in the right place at the right time and became part of the hostage situation as a result. He only escaped the federales in the Davis Mountains because of his friend's sacrifice and the mad he had of supplies. He burned every bridge he had afterwards by behaving to aggressively and proactively with out the militias blessing. Though I agree with you, straight up. DON'T CALL YOUR FAMILY!
What makes a good criminal you ask? Getting away with it =P, and successfully executing your heists. ;)

KitKat
Wed, 03-30-2011, 11:50 PM
I just watched this tonight. Awesome job, Cal! It's so exciting to see you on tv! Very entertaining episode, and I laughed out loud that they subtitled the old guy. What a weird and paranoid kid. You still give off the impression of being a normal dude even when acting deranged, but when they had the clips of the actual guy, he totally gave off a creepy vibe.

It's too bad you don't have access to the footage to be able to make a bloopers reel :P