PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 597

Marik
Wed, 08-25-2010, 07:04 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0twwwrw0bw57swa) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/98271344/1)

One Piece will be on hiatus for the next four weeks, which means no chapters until September 29th.

darkmetal505
Wed, 08-25-2010, 07:13 PM
I feel as giddy as a teenage girl meeting Robert Pattinson after reading this chapter.

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm sad :(

But wow... 2 years? Now im excited to see how much the characters change in that time. The tattoo I saw was the secret message and not a hommage to Ace as I first thought.

Rekeco
Wed, 08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Time skip? Has to be haha, one month of no One Piece! I'm glad everyone is getting training and stronger. I'm not sure how Brooke is going to get stronger, but I'm hopeful.

I'm curious which "color" Luffy will gravitate towards. I'm thinking the Physical/Hitting any type of opponent will be his strong point.

unandpw
Wed, 08-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Four weeks!?! That's almost two years. :(

animus
Wed, 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Man, talk about confusing us. He made us think there was a time skip, then none, then there finally is one.

I'm waiting forward to it. Hopefully it won't get some stupid new subtitle like Naruto: Shippuuden did.

Carnage
Wed, 08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Man, talk about confusing us. He made us think there was a time skip, then none, then there finally is one.

I'm waiting forward to it. Hopefully it won't get some stupid new subtitle like Naruto: Shippuuden did.

It will be One Piece: New World

FireEmblem
Wed, 08-25-2010, 08:28 PM
We've seen enough evidence for Zoro to gain control over Haki, so now i'm just wondering who else in the crew will develop Haki as well. I'm guessing Sanji and Usopp!

I wont know how I feel about the timeskip till it happens. I'm excited, but I'm always excited about One Piece. I guess this month break will be a good time to re-read, maybe even re-watch the series again. And with classes starting again, this is a good time for this long break.

FireEmblem
Wed, 08-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Double Post? X_x

Rekeco
Wed, 08-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Luffy ---> Can do all the colors, but excels at Color of the Conquerer

Zoro ---> Color of Armaments, I see him hitting hard "cut anything"

Sanji ---> Color of Observation, I see him dodging a lot.

Usopp ---> Current weapon upgraded + devil fruit in weapon, also Jenny Craig

Nami ---> Current weapon upgraded + devil fruit in weapon

Robin ---> More knowledge. Knowledge is power.

Franky ---> Better tech for his cyborg body, no reliance on coke.

Brooke ---> Something involving summoning or musical attacks?

Chopper ---> New forms, control of monster mode.

edit: I'd laugh if somehow Ussop unlocks Haki, or is able to use it. But it would make sense if every single SH crew member excelled or used at least one of the colors because it would make them a pretty strong team overall.

rockmanj
Wed, 08-25-2010, 08:58 PM
We've seen enough evidence for Zoro to gain control over Haki, so now i'm just wondering who else in the crew will develop Haki as well. I'm guessing Sanji and Usopp!

I wont know how I feel about the timeskip till it happens. I'm excited, but I'm always excited about One Piece. I guess this month break will be a good time to re-read, maybe even re-watch the series again. And with classes starting again, this is a good time for this long break.

I think they all will maybe; I could definitely see Usopp really putting that "color of perception" Haki to good use (its practically perfect for a sniper). I am interested to see if they all reach the point of using haki through different means.

That makes Franky sound like he's mainlining lol

betatesterz
Wed, 08-25-2010, 09:33 PM
thanks for the upload..

no one piece for 4 weeks?!

toonice714
Wed, 08-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Brooke is on a "sword island" he is bound to pick up some new techs.

I cant wait to have Robin comeback with some valuable knowledge on islands with natives open to the idea of a coup d'etat. That would help out the SH to have some fodder crew mates. Everyone else will prolly stumble on to some form of haki

Assertn
Thu, 08-26-2010, 12:18 AM
So haki is the new SSJ now, or what? I don't think everyone *needs* to learn it.
Though if Usopp insists on sticking with a slingshot instead of a real gun, then I guess he should learn to imbue it with haki so it at least inflicts some sort of damage to people.

Tofu #2
Thu, 08-26-2010, 12:30 AM
holy shit, 4 weeks? wtf am I supposed to read meanwhile?

animus
Thu, 08-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Bleach.

heh heh heh...

depthcharge
Thu, 08-26-2010, 12:47 AM
oh never mind, my brain just farted.

joker-kun
Thu, 08-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Luffy ---> Can do all the colors, but excels at Color of the Conquerer

Zoro ---> Color of Armaments, I see him hitting hard "cut anything"

Sanji ---> Color of Observation, I see him dodging a lot.

Usopp ---> Current weapon upgraded + devil fruit in weapon, also Jenny Craig

Nami ---> Current weapon upgraded + devil fruit in weapon

Robin ---> More knowledge. Knowledge is power.

Brooke ---> Something involving summoning or musical attacks?

Chopper ---> New forms, control of monster mode.

edit: I'd laugh if somehow Ussop unlocks Haki, or is able to use it. But it would make sense if every single SH crew member excelled or used at least one of the colors because it would make them a pretty strong team overall.

I wonder if Luffy will start sporting a weapon. Would be kind of cool.

As for Usopp, I could see him using the "Color of Armament" considering he is a sniper and uses a slingshot. Imagine how surprised a Logia user would be from getting hit with a haki infused bullet from a dinky slingshot. I do hope he upgrades his weapon though and think it would be really cool if he upgraded it with a devil's fruit.

I think Frankie will definitely upgrade his body, but I also see him using some of the WG secrets. I would really enjoy if he came across some seastone and installed it on the Thousand Sunny. Other than that it would be awesome if he figures out how to upgrade weapons with a Devil's Fruit.

It's going to be great to see Zoro slice through a Logia.

FireEmblem
Thu, 08-26-2010, 01:45 AM
I think it'd be cool if some of the crewmembers found OTHER ways to deal with fruit users aside from haki. I personally like that Nami fights the way she does and would like to see the Clima Tact expanded on even more, to the point where haki wouldn't be used as the power-up crutch, and just her knowledge and the special properties of her weapon make her a threat. If the weather ball is as insane as those dudes on Weatheria made it out to be then we might even see Nami contributing to ship battles in a big way!

It's gonna be a long 4-weeks after all...

Archangel
Thu, 08-26-2010, 03:33 AM
That was so awesome~

Haki was pretty much everything what we expected it to be, though i'm not sure i like how Oda set up the color of the conqueror as the ultimate plot device for those impossible battles

Also, no LuffyxHancock for 2 years? What the fuck man?? :(

Assertn
Thu, 08-26-2010, 02:00 PM
10$ says Zorro mistook the message and tries to go to a wrong meeting place only to get lost and end up at the right place.

My paypal email is assertnfailure@gmail.com. Pleasure doing business with you. :)

Archangel
Thu, 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM
If it's any consolation Dark Dragon, Assertn will probably just lose those 10 bucks in the stock market eventually

Assertn
Thu, 08-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Nah, it will pay for my ticket to my friend's concert

toonice714
Thu, 08-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Lmao

Anyways I think the only people who will actually stumble on haki will be zoro, sanji, and robin. If usopp gains it it would be kinda silly. The only haki usopp might come across is the mantra, if he gains the color of the armor it would be pretty weak. He would only use it as much as he uses the impact dial(please bring the impact back usopp!). Oh yeah I thin colby might also join the crew due to the marine's new sense of justice unless Ao kiji's reign will be more straightforward and will diffuse more of the jaded justice that seems to come from the top and the kind sakazinu follows.

Carnage
Fri, 08-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Do you guys think Mihawk uses Haki? Learning from him would be a convenient way for Zoro to awaken his own powers.

chambers
Fri, 08-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Do you guys think Mihawk uses Haki? Learning from him would be a convenient way for Zoro to awaken his own powers.

i think any and all of the admirals, sichibukai and four (3?) emperors use haki because IF they could not, it would only take a heart beat for even smoker to obliterate one of those people.

Archangel
Fri, 08-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Crocodile and Moria didn't seem to be able to use it though

Assertn
Fri, 08-27-2010, 12:36 PM
If Mihawk used haki in his sword slash, would Jose have been able to block it with his diamond fruit?

Splash!
Fri, 08-27-2010, 01:34 PM
If Mihawk used haki in his sword slash, would Jose have been able to block it with his diamond fruit?

If he had his own haki, he could. Haki Armor plus Diamond is a pretty solid defense.

If Vice Admirals can use that power, then I would hope that WB's division commanders would be able to use it as well.

Archangel
Fri, 08-27-2010, 01:40 PM
We've yet so see someone add Haki to an immaterial attack such as Milhawk's 1.000.000 pound cannon

Assertn
Fri, 08-27-2010, 01:56 PM
If he had his own haki, he could. Haki Armor plus Diamond is a pretty solid defense.

If Vice Admirals can use that power, then I would hope that WB's division commanders would be able to use it as well.

That's kind of what I was wondering...
Clearly Marco has haki at least, since he was able to land a hit on Kizaru, and Jose was able to strike Crocodile. It would be interesting if Haki can be used to counter Haki, so the devil fruits once again gain the advantage.

rockmanj
Fri, 08-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Lmao

Anyways I think the only people who will actually stumble on haki will be zoro, sanji, and robin. If usopp gains it it would be kinda silly. The only haki usopp might come across is the mantra, if he gains the color of the armor it would be pretty weak. He would only use it as much as he uses the impact dial(please bring the impact back usopp!). Oh yeah I thin colby might also join the crew due to the marine's new sense of justice unless Ao kiji's reign will be more straightforward and will diffuse more of the jaded justice that seems to come from the top and the kind sakazinu follows.

I think Colby will stay with the Marines. I think they need someone as level headed as him in their ranks. Who knows, maybe he will end up becoming a Vice-Admiral like his trainer, Garp. Of course that psycho Akinu [sp] will still be around, and probably more dangerous than ever, since I cannot see him listening to Aokiji too much. It seems Sengoku kind of kept him a bit under control (remember, the whole "trick" Squardo thing was Sengoku's plan).

Dark Dragon
Tue, 08-31-2010, 05:59 PM
My paypal email is assertnfailure@gmail.com. Pleasure doing business with you. :)

Done deal.

Assertn
Tue, 08-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Done deal.

Haha got the email and thought it was spam. I'm impressed you followed through. Much appreciated :]

Dark Dragon
Thu, 09-02-2010, 01:51 AM
Haha got the email and thought it was spam. I'm impressed you followed through. Much appreciated :]

A bet is a bet, i make it a habit not to go back on my word.

edit: Btw, this is going to be the longest month ever. I already started to randomly twitch due to One Piece withdrawal.

UChessmaster
Mon, 09-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Wouldn`t it be funny if during the anime time skip we get some fillers where Raylegh forfeit Luffy`s training and instead goes to a hidden place in amazon lily where he can stalk the chicks and write a book or something?

Then we get 100+ filler episode of Luffy`s adventures with hancock, his sisters and all the other disfigured amazons? naaaaa, that`ll never happen ;)

animus
Mon, 09-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Luffy has sisters?

Assertn
Mon, 09-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Wouldn`t it be funny if during the anime time skip we get some fillers where Raylegh forfeit Luffy`s training and instead goes to a hidden place in amazon lily where he can stalk the chicks and write a book or something?

Then we get 100+ filler episode of Luffy`s adventures with hancock, his sisters and all the other disfigured amazons? naaaaa, that`ll never happen ;)

And Luffy can perfect the harem no jutsu while Rayleigh pursues his dream of becoming a famous hentai writer.

UChessmaster
Mon, 09-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Hancock`s sisters*

Sentenal
Mon, 09-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh man, don't even say things like "100 episodes of filler"... I do expect alot of filler once the anime reaches this point, but please don't do a repeat of Naruto...

depthcharge
Tue, 09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
This arc delivers! I am still enjoying the One day opening song.

Hmm comments were for the anime.

Archangel
Mon, 09-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Argh... one more week

Aren't there any spoiler pics out or some shit?

RyougaZell
Mon, 09-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Argh... one more week

Aren't there any spoiler pics out or some shit?

I checked earlier. None so far.

But yeah... Im having withdrawal symptoms.

Marik
Mon, 09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
The next chapter won't be out until next Wednesday, the 29th. There won't be any spoilers until next Monday at the earliest.

UChessmaster
Mon, 09-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Maybe we can all freeze ourselves and have someone unfreeze us on wednesday?

Sentenal
Tue, 09-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Too dangerous, as I learned when Eric Cartman tried this.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 09-21-2010, 04:25 AM

I've tried, when they announce the 1 month break. Only thing i got for it was a killer headache so our best bet is just to wait it out.

chambers
Tue, 09-21-2010, 07:07 AM
marik you seem like a nice person and you always post the newest releases first and let everyone know... but for the love of god dont post unless there is a new release! i saw your name in the new posts thing and thought zomg!

:(

all this and i knew it wasnt till the 29th anyway!

Dark Dragon
Tue, 09-21-2010, 04:27 PM
haha, he's not an automatic anime updater you know (or is he?) so it's only natural that he would occasionally post.

humpburger
Thu, 09-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Eh? Magrik's a guy? D=

depthcharge
Thu, 09-23-2010, 08:51 AM
or a G-i-r-L

Guy in real life.

UChessmaster
Thu, 09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Note from Oda: Thanks to all, I was able to rest very well. Thank you for the great time I enjoyed.
My fuel tank is full now!! The New World Arc will be heading towards the end of the story of One Piece.
As I ponder about the new adventures, it's so exciting I feel like I'm starting a new serial!
Please Llook forward to the adventures in the last sea "New World"!

There are some spoilers out already, but nothing substancial really, just a screenshot of pre-skip luffy and some drafts.

Marik
Thu, 09-23-2010, 10:06 PM
They're not really spoilers. It's from the One Piece Countdown that was in this week's Jump.

Assertn
Fri, 09-24-2010, 02:03 PM
The New World Arc will be heading towards the end of the story of One Piece.
As I ponder about the new adventures, it's so exciting I feel like I'm starting a new serial!
Please Llook forward to the adventures in the last sea "New World"!

I don't like the sound of that.

Archangel
Fri, 09-24-2010, 04:29 PM
I don't like the sound of that.
You expected it to last forever?

Assertn
Fri, 09-24-2010, 05:22 PM
I expected Luffy to jump a shark, followed by everyone making fun of Oda the way we make fun of Kishimoto up until the inevitable cancellation.

Archangel
Fri, 09-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Except i fully expect for this time skip to be meaningful unlike it was with Shippuden

poopdeville
Sat, 09-25-2010, 12:15 AM
One Piece won't be over until Oda has explained what the moon men from Skypeia have to do with the Pirate King, and until Luffy goes off into Outer Space to become SPACE PIRATE KING.

Archangel
Sat, 09-25-2010, 07:33 AM
One Piece GT? :O

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-25-2010, 03:22 PM
He already said he was just in the middle of the story... so we can expect another 10 years of manga...

Tofu #2
Sat, 09-25-2010, 08:11 PM
while i would love to read this forever, i can't wait another 10 years for it till finish

Carnage
Sun, 09-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I think we're misinterpreting "will be heading towards the end of the story of One Piece". It probably just means that the story will move on.

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Spoooooooooooooooilers, im posting it since its a special moment.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/kirthiabcd/598.png?t=1285670398

Assertn
Tue, 09-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Spoooooooooooooooilers, im posting it since its a special moment.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/kirthiabcd/598.png?t=1285670398

(Bandwidth exceeded)
yank yank

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Edited as to not hurt Archangel`s feelings.

Archangel
Tue, 09-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Use a link ffs

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Use a link ffs

You can`t see it? it works from here...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2346/607630.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7630/604470.jpg

rockmanj
Tue, 09-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Did robin become even more busty?

Archangel
Tue, 09-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Spoiler pics must be kept in link form and properly noted you fucking retard

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Right, i didn`t know that, chill the fuck off.

Archangel
Tue, 09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Maybe you shouldn't post before mastering the art of common sense

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Maybe you shouldn't post before mastering the art of common sense

Right after you master the art of not being a dick.

Whatever, since i already posted it, how about we like... talk about it or something.

Did robin become even more busty?

Yeah, her forehead is more prominent as well, i like her, makes her look more... refined.

chambers
Tue, 09-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Right after you master the art of not being a dick.

Whatever, since i already posted it, how about we like... talk about it or something.

Yeah, her forehead is more prominent as well, i like her, makes her look more... refined.

such hypocrisy

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-28-2010, 03:01 PM

such hypocrisy

Or not, we could just keep attacking each other then.

chambers
Tue, 09-28-2010, 03:19 PM
hmm tbh i dont really see any spoilers in that picture... i mean some chars look better than others and there are some different clothes on some of them but it doesnt tell us anything apart from the fact that franky seems to have eaten the gorilla fruit. i hope we get an episode of "reactions" from all the main people on luffys bounty increase and hopefully that of the other guys.

poopdeville
Tue, 09-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Franky + Awakened Gorilla + Highly Caffeinated Cola = Win

I haven't looked at the spoilers, but it would be pretty damn awesome if each of the Straw Hats became famous pirates in their own right in these two years.

I would pay to read the untold story of Ussop's rise to become a captain of his own ship, and eventually leading the Straw Hat's second fleet, for example.

Assertn
Tue, 09-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Luffy has a bigass scar on his chest.
Franky has two scars along the sides of his chest.
Nami has a larger chest.

Archangel
Tue, 09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Nami has long hair now, this time skip is already better than Naruto's ever was

Assertn
Tue, 09-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Naruto timeskip was severly lacking in larger chests.
Edit: Except from Konohamaru.

Archangel
Tue, 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Hinata turned out pretty well though

http://i.imgur.com/9LyVy.jpg

The fanart may be exaggerating a bit but still

rockmanj
Tue, 09-28-2010, 09:23 PM
That reminds me; why are there so many 'fat Hinata' photos about? Who thinks that is funny?

Archangel
Tue, 09-28-2010, 09:29 PM
There is fat "blank" fanart everywhere, it's a pretty popular fetish in deviantart

I don't know if it's sexual or for the lulz... i personally find it weird and creepy

toonice714
Wed, 09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
......this is bad. I'm freakin sweatin man.....when is it comin out lol.

I hope this chapter is in color that would be pretty cool.

UChessmaster
Wed, 09-29-2010, 12:42 PM
The raw`s out since this morning, some more hours before translation probably.

toonice714
Wed, 09-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks the spoilers were so good I had to stop my self and wait

toonice714
Wed, 09-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Excuse the double post