PDA

View Full Version : One Piece: The New World

Archangel
Tue, 08-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Couldn't really find a thread to put this so made it it's own, says Oda will be taking a month break after Chapter 597. Chapter 598 and on will be One Piece : The New World.

Source 2chan:
http://sports2.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/entrance2/1282551582/181

Note: The guy ◆EizHb38XPU posts the release information of Weekly Shonen Jump every week.

It’s really a bad news.

And… One Piece II will start since Chapter 598?

Well, how about One Piece: The New World?

Edit: As I get more info and or confirmation I'll add it.

Aohige_AP thoughts on it:
I just took a look at it, it does come from a reliable source. (who's never been wrong, even when the official pages were)

Random 2chan-ness:
This is because chapter 597 is going to be a breaking point chapter, Oda has to plan the post-timeskip changes, such as how characters in a few years or plan out what the post-timeskip story will be. This is big for him that he needs a 4 week break.
So chapter 597 either be do or die for a lot of questions/theories. Seemingly more pushing to the time-skip now.

Mangahelpers:
・39ドベ5疾駆、メタ、動物園、SWOT、亀
・40巻頭べるぜ Cべるぜ番外編、PSY 休OP43迄

#39 (30/08) :
Kochi Kame
Swot
Dôbutsu
Metalica
Shikku

#40 (06/09) :
Beelzebub (Lead Color)
Beelzebub Bangai-hen (Color)
Psyren (Color)
One Piece (Absent) until #43

Credit for find: ichigonator
Thanks to Ichigonator's find it shows it's only 3 weeks we missing One Piece, Issue #40,#41,#42.

Last Edit: Sorry to say guys but it's been confirmed.The spoiler coming this week is for issue 39.

Aohige_AP:
Yes, One Piece on break for 4 weeks comes from a reliable source. (小ネタ)
He's the same guy who gives information about what's taking breaks, and what titles are towards the end of the magazine, reflecting polls.

Specifically, Jump issue 40~43 will have no One Piece.

Just wanted to add 1 more piece of info for new fans that miss this; Last year around this time during the time Oda was writing One Piece: Strong World he said that movie will be the last adventure for Luffy being a 17 year old. The movie took place between them leaving Thriller Bark and entering Shaboady arc.

Stolen from Mangashare

... fuck >_>

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Im not surprised at this. It was to be expected. Though I must say what surprised me is that this happens since chapter 598 and not chapter 600. Though I still think the reunion will take place on Chapter 600.

Knowing Oda it will be worth it, but a month without One Piece will be painful.

Archangel
Tue, 08-24-2010, 09:23 AM
I think it's so we can begin the new world in a new volume

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-24-2010, 09:38 AM
I think it's so we can begin the new world in a new volume

That makes complete sense. And my guess, since I still think chap 600 will be the reunion, will be that chapters 598 and 599 will re-introduce Luffy.

Dang... now I want to read 597...

Archangel
Tue, 08-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Oda doesn't give much though about the hundredth chapters you know? 500 for example was pretty plain

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 08-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Okay we're finally finally getting the One Piece Time Jump we've been clamoring for ever since the after math of the whitebeard war.

Unfortunately we're going to have to wait 4 weeks as Oda comes up with bitching new character designs and powers for all the Strawhats. So to kill that time figure to start a thread were we can discuss potential new powers for the straw hats and what not as well as the what changes will have taken place in one piece world.

I'm going to get the ball rolling and state that I think that we'll be seeing a complete shift in the power structure in the dawning of the time jump.

I think the remnants of the white beard pirates will be dissolved I think blackbeard will officially have replaced white beard as a yankou. I also think that despite Sengoku's recommendation for making Aokaji fleet admiral I have a feeling that Akainu will become the new fleet admiral just because I feel like things are going to be a tad darker with blackbeard and his crew running around unchecked and he'll be the mightiest force in the new world and the world government will be likely seeking stronger uncompromising leadership.

Buggie will be Shibukai and will increasingly receive pressure to take care of blackbeard which he'll probably try and get out of because he's naturally a coward.

I feel like one of the supernova's will be made a shubukai as well. Curious to see what happens to the rest of them seeing how their having their collective asses handed to them by the new world. So guys what do you think will happen post-time jump.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Luffy: Control the conqueror and observation haki

Zoro: Control of the armament haki, a new higher rank sword to replace one of his 2 lower rank sword (gift from Mihawk)

Sanji: Improved diable jamble with some okama kempo, food that improves the straw hats in their respective strenght, able to use Rankyaku.

Nami: Wather technology weaponry implemented into the clima-tact, new world weather knowledge.

Ussopp: Smaller and stronger pachinko, Heracles like armor (sturdy but light), can use Soru.

Chopper: Developed a pill that allows him to transform at will permanentelly, control of monster chopper, develops a pill that allows a devil fruit user to be underwater.

Robin: Awakens haki, control over armament haki, *some* knowledge over the dark void.

Franky: Obvious upgrades with Vegapunk`s technology, gives Sunny go a devil fruit so it can transform into an actual lion, learns Tekkai.

Brooke: 35 degree angle, Song that make the enemy experience stuff such as anger, happiness and even hallucinate, improved sword skills of course, can use Geppou (works better cause he`s extra light.)

Hancock: Joins the straw hats!!!!!

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 08-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Forgot to mention this in my previous post, but I also feel that smoker will be promoted to admiral.

Archangel
Fri, 08-27-2010, 03:13 AM
Man... i want to see Luffy's new design. I hope he matures just a little and starts looking like Ace.

Also hoping for him to grow a bit close to hancock even though she's off limits for 2 whole fucking years >_>

humpburger
Tue, 08-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Shanks: Murdered, believe it!

Assertn
Tue, 08-31-2010, 12:49 PM
I think Luffy will strengthen is color of armament. He's already had a bit of a sense for reading enemies (one-shotting the spring guy, anticipating mihawk chopping off his arms, etc), although the meat of his fighting prowess has always been massive flurries of creative and varied attacks, and he'd be pretty worthless without color of armement, so....

Plus having just color of conquerer is silly, because obviously he's not going to just go through the rest of the series glaring at people.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 08-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Another thing I'm curious to see is what the heck happens to the 1000 sunny. Last time we saw it Kuma was walking towards it rather threateningly. So if anything I think it'll be completely demolished by the time the Strawhats reunite.

Maybe Duvall will keep the broken remains to entrust to a powered up frankey to rebuild and show off his new shipwright prowess.

Assertn
Tue, 08-31-2010, 01:57 PM
I forgot about Kuma, but yeah, I don't think Duval expected to be watching over the thousand sunny for 2 years...

rockmanj
Tue, 08-31-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't think the sunny will get a DF. I do hope that Usopp gains some haki though.

Assertn
Tue, 08-31-2010, 03:30 PM
I can only imagine some cheesy transformers effect if the sunny ate a devils fruit. Its a horrible idea :[

poopdeville
Tue, 08-31-2010, 03:33 PM
It could be pretty awesome if Sunny got a Bird-Bird fruit. A ship with the "head" of a lion and wings of a hawk, say.

humpburger
Tue, 08-31-2010, 08:18 PM
I think the sunny will be their last and final ship

those 200 million berry woods are hard to come by

also kumas brainwash is just dragon meta gaming the WG

guess we will find out in 4yrs or so /:

Kenco
Tue, 08-31-2010, 10:12 PM
I would like to see Ussop unlock Haki, I think it would just fit his "super sniper" persona.

I would hate the idea of any non Devil Fruit straw-hats eating a fruit, but I'm not opposed to their weapons being combined with one.

edit: In all reality, I just want Chopper to get a good upgrade. Yes of course he's going to be a medical marvel, but I want him to be able to fight with the big boys.

Death13a
Tue, 08-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Powers of Straw Hats:

Luffy: Major haki is color of observation (mantra easier to say and Luffy fight multiple strong guys could chop of his arms if he is not aware of them).
Minor is color armaments (since it is should block Luffy's DF ability also when used so he can only use it just before impact), king's deposition is kinda special since it best used against multiple fodder characters.

Nami: new world weather, better use of her own weapon.

Zoro Major haki is color of armaments and mantra not too far behind.

Sanji Major haki is mostly color of armaments (Luffy and Zoro can easy demolish a building) so while Zoro and Luffy use color of armaments offensively Sanji need to use both offensive and defensive since Sanji usually takes damage straight on.

Usopp: Major haki is mostly(only) mantra since he usually uses special ammo for each job (now he get seeds to trap or eat opponent) maybe he gets some seastones later.

Chopper: I don't think he learn haki so it mostly make friends with local life and better control of his monster mode, better piles that last longer.

Brook: more songs? Brook's DF is most unpredictable one (maybe communicate with ghosts)

Franky: Gundam

Robin: Mantra, knowledge of political system of new world islands

New crew member(s): Hancock , i don't think she will handle of Luffy going to New World without her after not seeing him for 2 years maybe Jimbei also joins, it would be interesting to see how Nami will get used to him

If Hancock joins Luffy i don't think WG will lunch Buster Call as Seastone bottom make them hard to see for Sea Kings but not invisible and if they start shooting it will attract them and if you kill one more will come to feed on it so in the end some Sea Kings will try to eat Marine ships. So it come to sacrificing ships vs punishing Hancock.

Even if Luffy said he needs about 10 it doesn't mean precisely ten member it could be 9 or 10 or 11 or 12.

humpburger
Wed, 09-01-2010, 01:53 AM
I don't see Hancock hanging on the Sunny with no servants. Her personality just wouldn't fit in, maybe a-stay-at-home wife. Maybe even a pregnancy and a new legacy begins like that one show... That's just asking too much. Heheh

Hopefully she's not abandoned in The New World. For me, she's my most anticipated female character mostly because of her... umm... fighting prowess... o_O

rockmanj
Wed, 09-01-2010, 07:09 AM
I don't know if Boa on the 1000 Sunny is a good idea, Sanji's jaw would never leave the ground.

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-01-2010, 08:38 AM
At this point in the plot, I don't think anyone else will join the Staw Hats. Not even Hancock.

BTW... why was this thread opened? There was already one dedicated to the New World... both threads are essentially about predictions...

Tofu #2
Wed, 09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Minor is color armaments (since it is should block Luffy's DF ability also when used so he can only use it just before impact).

not true

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 09-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't think hancock will join the crew although I do hope she stops by to visit the 1000 sunny just so we can see Sanji's reaction on Luffy nabbing someone with the title of the most beautiful woman in the one piece world with his wonderful idiot savant powers. Which is assured to be absolutely priceless.

It'd be really funny though if after the time jump to show off Luffy new found maturity we see a pregnant Hancock or a little baby post time jump ala Gohan.

Although I really don't think that'll happen because half of luffy's purpose is to move forward and introducing a child would imply that he's settling down or at least going to remain in static location and his overall ambition is to move forward and it'd be kind of irresponsible for him father a kid only to leave it behind.

koppayana
Wed, 09-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Although I really don't think that'll happen because half of luffy's purpose is to move forward and introducing a child would imply that he's settling down or at least going to remain in static location and his overall ambition is to move forward and it'd be kind of irresponsible for him father a kid only to leave it behind.

aka Yasopp, Roger, Dragon. Look how their kids turned out......

humpburger
Thu, 09-02-2010, 12:11 AM
aka Yasopp, Roger, Dragon. Look how their kids turned out......

I don't think notorious wanted criminals with fatherly issues is necessarily considered "the cream of the crop".

Marik
Fri, 08-19-2011, 01:11 PM
The October issue of Shueisha’s V Jump magazine is confirming on Saturday that Toei Animation’s One Piece pirate anime will enter the New World arc on Sunday, October 2. Eiichiro Oda’s original manga had entered the new stage in the storyline last October after Oda took an unprecedented four-week break.

Shueisha compiled the first chapters in the New World arc in the 61st book volume in February, and it printed 3.8 million copies, a record that One Piece itself broke in the 63rd volume. The 61st volume became the first book to sell over 2 million copies in just three days (since Oricon began reporting its book ranking charts in 2008).
Another month and a half until we start seeing this animated.

Source: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-19/one-piece-anime-enters-new-world-arc-on-october-2)

Archangel
Fri, 08-19-2011, 02:23 PM
See Naruto? This is how it's fucking done!

Marik
Sat, 08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Two scans from Jump confirming the 10/2 anime start.

899 900