PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 172

Marik
Thu, 08-05-2010, 06:46 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 172 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=148975) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=148973)

ASSpirine
Thu, 08-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Next week seems to be more interesting. Still, an ok episode

LunaticCat
Thu, 08-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Was okay, but this ninja from the chuunin-exams didn't fit in very well...
if they want to put filler-scenes in it, then they should think twice how they do it.

UChessmaster
Thu, 08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
What? his puppy died? well that explains it.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I'm really hoping that the two tragedies he was talking about were his parents deaths and Yahiko's death and not his parents and that stupid dog.

Was okay, but this ninja from the chuunin-exams didn't fit in very well...
if they want to put filler-scenes in it, then they should think twice how they do it.Those chuunin ninjas were Hidden Rain ninjas. So it makes sense that one of the Hidden Rain ninja would look like them. Hell, even Hanzo wears their trademark rebreather(which they finally explained why they wear them, apparently there's a lot of poison mist in the Rain).

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 08-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I'm really hoping that the two tragedies he was talking about were his parents deaths and Yahiko's death and not his parents and that stupid dog.

I don't believe that he mentioned his dog being his second tragedy specifically. And in all fairness, the dog did save his life and give him something to live for.

Good ep. Had a lot of good parts. It is nice to see what war does when you are caught in the cross fire. Very universal theme that lives today.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-06-2010, 01:38 AM
How did the dog saved his life exactly?

kmkze04
Fri, 08-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Eh, this could've moved quicker, but overall ok. Next week looks promising.

depthcharge
Fri, 08-06-2010, 04:19 AM
How did the dog saved his life exactly?

Similar to this (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Diabetes/dog-eats-toe-man-diabetes/story?id=11322244)

I think it was closer to the dog keeping him awake and from going into a comatose after being starved.

ASSpirine
Fri, 08-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Ehm, the dog saved him by waking him up while he was breathing water in the shallow pool of water.

I think the poisonous mist is only present during the war, would be strange is there would suddenly be poisonous mist coming out of nowhere.

Azonalanthious
Fri, 08-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Ehm, the dog saved him by waking him up while he was breathing water in the shallow pool of water.

I think the poisonous mist is only present during the war, would be strange is there would suddenly be poisonous mist coming out of nowhere.

Eh, if its near a geologically active area - sulfur and other volcanic fumes and whatnot. Could be possible.

LunaticCat
Fri, 08-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Those chuunin ninjas were Hidden Rain ninjas. So it makes sense that one of the Hidden Rain ninja would look like them.
c'mon, he looked exactly like him and it's about 20 years before. it's like using a Kakashi-look-a-like for an irrelevant appearence of a konoha-nin.

about the poison mist. Am I wrong, or did Yahiko just assume that the mist was poisonous? I mean, wouldn't Jiraiya & his pals have died if there really was any poison? :confused:

Azonalanthious
Fri, 08-06-2010, 04:20 PM
c'mon, he looked exactly like him and it's about 20 years before. it's like using a Kakashi-look-a-like for an irrelevant appearence of a konoha-nin.

about the poison mist. Am I wrong, or did Yahiko just assume that the mist was poisonous? I mean, wouldn't Jiraiya & his pals have died if there really was any poison? :confused:

Given all the rain ninja with re-breathers, it would seem like it is common knowledge. And they had those helmets from the moment the set out, so were likely expecting it.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-06-2010, 05:18 PM
c'mon, he looked exactly like him and it's about 20 years before.

He was upside down, you couldn`t see his face at all...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 08-06-2010, 05:38 PM
It was his dad

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-06-2010, 05:41 PM
It was his dad

Well that ends the argument.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-07-2010, 01:42 AM
c'mon, he looked exactly like him and it's about 20 years before. it's like using a Kakashi-look-a-like for an irrelevant appearence of a konoha-nin.Except there were 3 Rain ninja in the Chuunin exam and they ALL looked like that. So it's obviously a common motif.

LunaticCat
Sat, 08-07-2010, 03:10 AM
okay, you've got me. But they took the easy way by using him.
and this doesn't explain why Jirayia, Tsunade and Oro don't need those masks.

Well that ends the argument.
usually, the argument is over if someone mentiones Hitler or Nazis --> Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law) ;)

humpburger
Sun, 08-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Episode would of been cooler if Nagato ate Chibi. No point in both of them starving to death. I bet Chibi would of mauled Nagato once his eyes closed for good.