PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 595

Marik
Thu, 08-05-2010, 01:53 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qx7ddj00opddk0d) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/55562012/2)

Death13a
Thu, 08-05-2010, 02:29 AM
So much happening....

Drake picking fight with Kadou
Bonney is out
Blackbeard is stuck
Kidd waiting
Sanji is still in air will he be man or woman when comes back
Chopper is ready to become a monster.

"blows a fuse"

Archangel
Thu, 08-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Awww, i liked Booney >_>

Tofu #2
Thu, 08-05-2010, 03:06 AM
the dialogue between akainu and bonney is interesting..

depthcharge
Thu, 08-05-2010, 08:05 AM
I am under the impression that Blackbeard can take on Akainu 1v1 without problem. Why did the BB crew run?

The One Piece story is now filled with characters, rookies and what not. I wonder how quick things will proceed without a major trigger to fight. Seemed like random skirmishes to me that does not get animated out.

1. Trafalgar has a target but is slacking.
2.Apoo just running from wildboars?
3.... 4,5,6....
I like to know what the Whitebeard crew is doing though?

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Awww, i liked Booney >_>

Based on the conversation between her and Akainu... my guess is that Booney is the daughter of someone important and escaped. Maybe the daughter of a Marine... or something like that. Her 'I won't forgive you' holds lots of grudge... so maybe her mother/father/family died thanks to Marines. Akainu would have normally killed the pirate immediately... not start a conversation. Thus I believe it aint the last time we see Booney.

Out of all the Non-Straw Hat Supernova, I just like Killer, Kid, Law and Booney. The rest are... meh.

And based on how Chopper returned all the way from the Grand Line to this island, Luffy's message is clear. Get stronger and lets meet in 'x' months. 16 months? Or weeks? Whatever the case... here comes the TimeSkip then.

I wonder if Drake betrayed the Marines over a grudge towards Kaidou.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 08-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I think the message is clear now after killer's translation last chapter that Luffy's message was probably for the Straw hats to all stick where they are, get stronger then meet up in a year.

Like how all the supernovas are having trouble in the new world. Curious to see what happens when one of them gets tangled in a larger one piece plot line as opposed to just getting quick one or two panel appearances.

Also wtf why did blackbeard run? It makes no sense his dual fruit powers should easily make him a match for akinu not mention the fact that he has his new super crew composed of level 6 inmates supporting him. Kind of funny that his raft broke. But that's black beard for ya he's a wonderful mix of bravado and cowardice. I just wonder when he'll finally start to take his role as one of the new pirate emperors.

Archangel
Thu, 08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Blackbeard may look like an idiot but he's a master strategist, he's simply waiting for the best opportunity to eliminate Akainu with the least amount of casualties

Assertn
Thu, 08-05-2010, 11:37 AM
I think Bonney has some sort of connection to whitebeard. Wasn't there a scene where she was crying about him, and her crewmates were all confused?

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
I think Bonney has some sort of connection to whitebeard. Wasn't there a scene where she was crying about him, and her crewmates were all confused?

I don't think she was crying. She was, though, blaming someone for something.

http://www.mangareader.net/103-50569-4/one-piece/chapter-581.html

Archangel
Thu, 08-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Looks like she's in the same situation Sabo was in all those years ago

poopdeville
Thu, 08-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Also wtf why did blackbeard run? It makes no sense his dual fruit powers should easily make him a match for akinu not mention the fact that he has his new super crew composed of level 6 inmates supporting him. Kind of funny that his raft broke. But that's black beard for ya he's a wonderful mix of bravado and cowardice. I just wonder when he'll finally start to take his role as one of the new pirate emperors.

I think he ran because Akainu can just burn through Blackbeard's body and turn him into a corpse. The Blackhole fruit makes him weak to Akainu's attack, and he probably hasn't mastered Whitebeard's earthquake punches. For now, his power is "only" good for destroying Islands.

Assertn
Thu, 08-05-2010, 04:34 PM

I believe there was another scene earlier than that involving the supernovas where she was crying.

Tofu #2
Thu, 08-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Looks like she's in the same situation Sabo was in all those years ago

new theory; bonney = sabo

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I believe there was another scene earlier than that involving the supernovas where she was crying.

You, sir, are right. I stand corrected.

http://www.mangareader.net/103-40645-3/one-piece/chapter-565.html

Though this scene happened immediately after Sengoku asked for all projection Den Den to be shut down, so the world though WhiteBead had sealed a deal with the Marines. Chapter 565, a while before the conclusion and deaths.

ruccus
Fri, 08-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Haven't posted here much, but in what was almost a perfect coincidence, I stumbled across a wiki page for a real life pirate named Anne Bonny, who lived until about 1720.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny

Bonny, according to the page, is largely considered the daughter of an attorney, born of an affair. She eventually married a pirate, and later had an affair with John Rackham, with whom she lived as a pirate.

After arrest, and during the hearing, she announced that she was pregnant, and was pardoned until birth. Not much is know about her fate after that.

So, as crazy a theory as this is, what if Jewelry Bonney, the one who has been crying over the war recently, was the daughter of a noble and perhaps even the mother (see her devil fruit powers) of Monkey D. Luffy.

Edit:- It could also be a more logical one where she's just the daughter of someone like Akainu or something
Real far fetched, and I'm sure Oda has his own ideas, just thought this was worth sharing.

FireEmblem
Fri, 08-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I think he ran because Akainu can just burn through Blackbeard's body and turn him into a corpse. The Blackhole fruit makes him weak to Akainu's attack, and he probably hasn't mastered Whitebeard's earthquake punches. For now, his power is "only" good for destroying Islands.

Also because Akainu is a PSYCHO marine that also went toe-to-toe (not equal, but he put up an amazing fight) with Whitebeard and burned like half his face off and beat the shit out of countless other powerful pirates.

Yeah, he should be scared of Akainu.

Splash!
Fri, 08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Its funny how the mere sight of Akainu implies that the marines arent willing to negotiate.

Also because Akainu is a PSYCHO marine that also went toe-to-toe (not equal, but he put up an amazing fight) with Whitebeard and burned like half his face off and beat the shit out of countless other powerful pirates.

Yeah, he should be scared of Akainu.

So true. Akainu is singlehandedly responsible for both Ace and Whitebeard's death. Blackbeard and his crew may have delivered the final blow and tried to steal the glory, but at that point, WB was already fatally wounded. The guy manipulated Squardo into stabbing WB, and then punched a hole in Ace's chest. Way to take initiative. Without him, the marines would have failed miserably in the war.

I am interested in what Akainu thinks about Aokiji's promotion. He may be an ass-hole, but technically he deserves a promotion more than Aokiji. Sengoku is just playing favourites.

Archangel
Fri, 08-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Are you kidding me? An unrestrained Akainu would make Stalin's dictatorship look like a walk in the park.

Splash!
Fri, 08-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Are you kidding me? An unrestrained Akainu would make Stalin's dictatorship look like a walk in the park.

Akainu has demonstrated Intelligence, initiative and resolve. His actions were in the best interest of the marines' objectives. In fact, he was the only one at Marineford who did his job properly. Sengoku even let Luffy free Ace from under his nose, while Kizaru and Aokiji were quite useless in the grand scheme of things. Wasn't the point of the whole point of the battle to make sure that Ace was executed and Whitebeard defeated?

Additionally, he is also the strongest of the 3 admirals. In such an era of instability where pirates and dangerous criminals are running rampant, I would say Akainu is technically the better candidate. He ruthlessness is actually a pro rather than a con. At the same time, he doesnt seem like the guy who would start a fight with someone unless he knows he can win.

Also, lets not forget that the marines exist solely for the sake of the World Government (who dont really have noble intentions, as we have seen). Akainu makes more sense as a Fleet Admiral.

Archangel
Fri, 08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
You're not looking at the situation through Sengoku's eyes. He's a pretty good guy from as far as i can tell, and would never leave such a rabid dog in charge of all of the marines

Assertn
Fri, 08-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Also, lets not forget that the marines exist solely for the sake of the World Government (who dont really have noble intentions as we have seen). As such, Akainu makes more sense as a Fleet Admiral.

I don't believe people join the marines at all for that intention. Many of the marines join to pursue their own ideals of justice, whether or not they are aware that they are the world government's lap dogs. The reason Sengoku left in the first place was likely because he didn't agree with how the world government is trying to cover up certain recent incidents.

Splash!
Fri, 08-06-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't believe people join the marines at all for that intention. Many of the marines join to pursue their own ideals of justice, whether or not they are aware that they are the world government's lap dogs. The reason Sengoku left in the first place was likely because he didn't agree with how the world government is trying to cover up certain recent incidents.

I don't believe they join for that reason either. But thats just how it is right now. Sengoku did leave, didn't he? That shows he is no longer happy as a marine because he is being forced to go against his ideals.

You're not looking at the situation through Sengoku's eyes. He's a pretty good guy from as far as i can tell, and would never leave such a rabid dog in charge of all of the marines

Yes I am, thats why I am saying he is picking favourites. In Sengoku's eyes, Aokiji is the better candidate because he will uphold the same ideals he values. But the fact remains that ultimately the marines receive their orders from the WG. I am not trying to morally defend the WG or Akainu. I just think that Akainu would act out on WG orders more effectively than Aokiji.

Archangel
Fri, 08-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Honestly making Akainu the leader would make things easier on me too, then i could regard the marines and WG as a completely evil organization instead of all this grey shit

Carnage
Fri, 08-06-2010, 05:22 PM
I wonder if it is Akainu in this pictures ordering the death of all the pregnant women?

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-551/page006.html

I have to agree with Archangel, he is a fucked up guy.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Yes I am, thats why I am saying he is picking favourites. In Sengoku's eyes, Aokiji is the better candidate because he will uphold the same ideals he values. But the fact remains that ultimately the marines receive their orders from the WG. I am not trying to morally defend the WG or Akainu. I just think that Akainu would act out on WG orders more effectively than Aokiji.

He`s not picking favorites, Aokiji is better at taking control, Akainu is a blind rabid dog that can only bark "justice", as a leader he will fail, he will start asking people for things they can`t or aren`t willing to do and he will have no quarrel when it comes to doing dirty shit in public, wich will severelly decrease the WG public opinion, they *want* to be seen as the good guys right? Aokiji is less hotheaded and can take dessitions with a calmed mind, he may be lazy, but when he needs to do something he does it.

Akainu is a magnificent soldier, a leader, he is not. Vote for Aokiji.

Splash!
Fri, 08-06-2010, 08:01 PM
He`s not picking favorites, Aokiji is better at taking control, Akainu is a blind rabid dog that can only bark "justice", as a leader he will fail.

I disagree. It takes more than a blind rabid dog to critically wound Whitebeard without even fighting him. Just because Akainu is a ruthless ass-hole doesn't mean he would make a bad leader.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Ok then, a mad rabid dog with amazing fighting skills, can you mention 2 leader quality he has besides fighting skills and seeing the world in black and white?

FireEmblem
Fri, 08-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Akainu is nuts. However, it was pretty cool to see such a high level "Absolute Justice" marine. I feel like it added a lot of depth to the Marine's as an organization, that being from a readers perspective and in relation to things that make the manga "interesting".

Akainu would cause way too many problems for the WG as well with his Absolute Justice crap. Aokiji's freezing ability was also part of why the Marine's won that war, can't forget that!

Splash!
Fri, 08-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Ok then, a mad rabid dog with amazing fighting skills, can you mention 2 leader quality he has besides fighting skills and seeing the world in black and white?

I am talking about him tricking Squardo into betraying Whitebeard. He sealed Whitebeard's fate without physically attacking him. Why are you assuming that Akainu is some dumb idiot who can't control himself,? Nothing we have seen suggests this is the case. He may have some very strong opinions and he may be ruthless but he IS a marine admiral after all. I am sure he is more than capable as a leader. We haven't seen anything from Aokiji that makes him more of a leader than Akainu, other than the fact that he is nice.

poopdeville
Fri, 08-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I agree with Splash, mostly. Akainu is a ruthless bastard. He's like Crocodile that way, only stronger as a fighter.

I'm sure any of the Admirals would make a good leader. It wouldn't be plausible for them to have become leaders of Marine divisions or whatever if they weren't good leaders in the first place.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I am talking about him tricking Squardo into betraying Whitebeard. He sealed Whitebeard's fate without physically attacking him. Why are you assuming that Akainu is some dumb idiot who can't control himself,? Nothing we have seen suggests this is the case. He may have some very strong opinions and he may be ruthless but he IS a marine admiral after all. I am sure he is more than capable as a leader. We haven't seen anything from Aokiji that makes him more of a leader than Akainu, other than the fact that he is nice.

Tricking Squardo could`ve been anyones idea, sides, Squardo`s stupid meter is off the charts, Akainu is a dumb idiot who can`t control himself, that`s the only face of him we`ve seen, what else should i assume? his strong opinion as you call it (i would call it something else) is preciselly a reason for him NOT to be given a higher rank, as for Aokiji, what we`ve seen is a calmed person capable of looking at things from an objective perspective and come up with the best posible solution, Akainu`s strategy would be "lol shoot"

Splash!
Fri, 08-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Tricking Squardo could`ve been anyones idea, sides, Squardo`s stupid meter is off the charts, Akainu is a dumb idiot who can`t control himself, that`s the only face of him we`ve seen, what else should i assume? his strong opinion as you call it (i would call it something else) is preciselly a reason for him NOT to be given a higher rank, as for Aokiji, what we`ve seen is a calmed person capable of looking at things from an objective perspective and come up with the best posible solution, Akainu`s strategy would be "lol shoot"

Akainu was the last of the admirals to put himself on the battlefield. While everyone was fighting, he went and tricked Squardo. I would say his strategy worked alot better than anyone else's. Saying that someone else could have tricked Squardo after the fact is just silly.

Say what you want, but Akainu gets results. Aokiji can be as calm and composed as he likes, but without Akainu's underhanded tactics and initiative, the marines would have been big losers in this war. I have seen nothing from Aokiji that makes him stand out as an exceptional leader. In what situation did he come up with the 'best possible solution" as a leader? Rather, it was Akainu who came up with the best possible solution as to how to deal with Whitebeard and Ace.

kAi
Fri, 08-06-2010, 10:55 PM
I agree with Splash that Aokiji hasn't done anything that makes him stand out exceptionally over Akainu. However, it doesn''t change the fact that they're still puppets.

I think having Akainu in the higher role will send a message out to the world that the World Government wont tolerate pirates and they will try to remove them at all costs.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Akainu was the last of the admirals to put himself on the battlefield. While everyone was fighting, he went and tricked Squardo. I would say his strategy worked alot better than anyone else's. Saying that someone else could have tricked Squardo after the fact is just silly.

Say what you want, but Akainu gets results. Aokiji can be as calm and composed as he likes, but without Akainu's underhanded tactics and initiative, the marines would have been big losers in this war. I have seen nothing from Aokiji that makes him stand out as an exceptional leader. In what situation did he come up with the 'best possible solution" as a leader? Rather, it was Akainu who came up with the best possible solution as to how to deal with Whitebeard and Ace.

Wasn`t the squardo thing a flashback?, how do you know it happened while everyone was fighting? you want me to beleive squardo is smart?

Whitebeard is bad lol, to prove it we`ll only attack new world pirates, that`ll totally mean we have a deal.

Akainu gets results IN BATTLE, by leader i mean someone that can actually stay behind the lines. Yes akainu got results, if you release a brainless invinsible zombie he would`ve gotten the same results, if you release an actual dog with an overpowered fruit it would get him results, Akainu is strong, i get that, but a leader? no, he would drop the WG public opinion faster than you can say "should`ve let Aokiji take control".

Splash!
Fri, 08-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Whitebeard is bad lol, to prove it we`ll only attack new world pirates, that`ll totally mean we have a deal.

Squardo was stupid. I am sure there were many other stupid people on the battlefield as well. Akainu was the only one that exploited this.

Akainu gets results IN BATTLE, by leader i mean someone that can actually stay behind the lines. Yes akainu got results, if you release a brainless invinsible zombie he would`ve gotten the same results, if you release an actual dog with an overpowered fruit it would get him results, Akainu is strong, i get that, but a leader? no, he would drop the WG public opinion faster than you can say "should`ve let Aokiji take control".

No, a brainless Zombie would not get the same results that Akainu would. I dont even need to explain this. Of all the marines, he seemed to be the only one that understood what was really required to win the war, and took out the 2 most important targets. Stop painting him as some fool just because he thinks in black and white. Ultimately, even Aokiji, Garp and Sengoku seem to believe that there is no such thing as good pirates right now. They just aren't as ruthless about it because thats not their nature. It doesn't mean Akainu would be a bad leader. In this situation, he would carry out the WG's objectives alot better than Aokiji as he wouldnt have a moral conflict about carrying out some more questionable tasks. Lacking morals doesn't make him a simpleton. At the same time, there is nothing in his behaviour that suggests that he would explicitly go against orders just as an excuse to dish out more violence, so theres no reason to believe he would go 'out of control'.

Akainu didn't go out of his way to attack the pirates. They attacked Marineford, and he went at them with full force. What else would you have him do, just try to hold them off long enough to execute Ace legitimately, as Sengoku would have it? Sengoku almost failed miserably. Akainu saved his ass. There is no meaning to taking Whitebeard head on, if they cant successfully defeat him and execute Ace. This alone would have been defamed them alot more than any shit Akainu might pull off as a ruthless fleet admiral.

Aokiji's public opinion will drop pretty fast too if he isn't quick enough to deal with the criminals that just escaped from Impel Down and silence any pirates that may try to take advantage of this instability. If someone figures out where the criminals came from, it definitely wont look good for the WG. In this situation, a ruthless approach would probably be better.

I think having Akainu in the higher role will send a message out to the world that the World Government wont tolerate pirates and they will try to remove them at all costs.

This is a valid point. If the motivations behind the promotion has more to do with Pirate - Marine PR rather than actual belief that Aokiji would make a better fleet admiral, it is actually a good enough reason for Sengoku to recommend Aokiji instead (though I dont think this is the case, I think its because he likes Aokiji better himself). Still, I cant imagine Akainu will be too happy about this, it will be interesting to see if there is some sort of resulting conflict, and whether the WG itself will approve of the appointment of Aokiji.

FireEmblem
Sat, 08-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Akainu destroying a government refugee vessel from the Ohara Buster Call in the name of "doing things right" is probably why he wasn't nominated. That wasn't some big war, and there were, clearly, other ways to make sure no scholar was on that ship, as opposed to blowing it up.

Because he's psycho. PSYCHO. He was killing foot soldiers that were afraid during the WB war. PSYCHO. What was even the point of that? He was just wasting time doing that!

So in the eyes of anyone, would you say that this person was fit to lead all of the marines? No matter what his "results" were in battle, the event at Ohara was pretty heavy foreshadowing at what type of character Akainu is.

animus
Sat, 08-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Dunno if Akainu is actually the strongest of the Admirals. He might be, but we just saw him do the most, since you know he was just introduced in that arc.

Aokiji didn't have much of a role in that fight other than like freezing the ocean and fighting the Diamond dude.

Splash!
Sat, 08-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Akainu destroying a government refugee vessel from the Ohara Buster Call in the name of "doing things right" is probably why he wasn't nominated. That wasn't some big war, and there were, clearly, other ways to make sure no scholar was on that ship, as opposed to blowing it up.

The point there was to make sure no scholar from Ohara escaped. Sure it was inhumane to act in such a way, but it accomplished what they set out to do faster and with more certainty, didn't it? As if the concept of slaughtering all the scholars in itself was something very humane to begin with...
He was a vice admiral then, and inspite of that, he was still promoted so clearly his actions weren't wrong enough for the higher ups to give him the leadership role of an admiral.

Because he's psycho. PSYCHO. He was killing foot soldiers that were afraid during the WB war. PSYCHO. What was even the point of that? He was just wasting time doing that!

Having fearful troops is actually a bigger problem than you think. Troops routing from the frontlines can disrupt the morale of others holding their ground and cause a chain reaction of fleeing troops. Yes, its an monstrous thing to do but I wouldn't call it tactically incorrect.

Ruthless, dictatorial type figures can actually make good leaders for MILITARY ORGANIZATIONS despite having a shaky moral core.

FireEmblem
Sat, 08-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Point still stands that he is crazy as hell.

I don't see how the alternative routes couldn't have given equally good results without the psychotic nature of Akainu's actions. =p

Splash!
Sat, 08-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't see how the alternative routes couldn't have given equally good results without the psychotic nature of Akainu's actions. =p

In terms of being certain that all the scholars on the ship were wiped out, completely obliterating it is the best result. Any other method could not be as quick or certain. It all depends on what your objective really is : Making sure all scholars are wiped out vs Wiping out as many scholars as possible while minimizing collateral damage. Akainu seemed to realize that the 1st objective was probably more important to the WG in that situation.

There are probably other methods to deal with low morale amongst troops, but I only saw Akainu do something about it. Did Aokiji even recognize the issue and try something like rallying his troops and instill some confidence in them? Even then, I still think Akainu's method is more effective. Even extremely demoralized troops will stand and fight when they know that running is not an option. A soldier who is surrounded and fighting to the death will do alot more damage than a soldier with doubts and an avenue of escape.

His nature does not mean he is stupid or would make a bad leader. I still see him making plenty of decisions that help the marines accomplish their overall objectives, even if the means are ruthless.

humpburger
Sun, 08-08-2010, 06:12 AM
His nature does not mean he is stupid or would make a bad leader.

Stupid, no. Bad leader in general, no. Bad leader for the upholding military of world government that propagandizes "justice", yes. There is more factor in leadership than good consistence warfare strategics. To maintain unity and morale are major factors and Akainu is basically adsorb in his own ideology and doesn't care for anyone elses which is a case for an inevitable movement to repel against him.

I just don't see Aokiji working under Akainu and I assume similar personalities would just leave the Marines altogether. That is significant enough for making Akainu fleet admiral a horrible idea. Having "attempted murder on a fellow marine" in your resume doesn't really scream fleet admiral material either.

With that said, he would make a badass pirate king contender. Even Blackbeard is running away from him. ^_^

Splash!
Sun, 08-08-2010, 11:33 AM
I just don't see Aokiji working under Akainu and I assume similar personalities would just leave the Marines altogether. That is significant enough for making Akainu fleet admiral a horrible idea. Having "attempted murder on a fellow marine" in your resume doesn't really scream fleet admiral material either.

Ruthless dictators can do much worse and still get by with a majority of the population being behind them in many cases. Fear and power is an important motivator for obedience. For the purposes of leading an organization under direct command of the WG, this alone is sufficient. He does not have to idealogically agree with all his subordinates. His superior accomplishments alone would be sufficient to shut up those who dont approve of his promotion.

At the end of the day they are all puppets and so you have to think about it accordingly. Looking at it from the WG point of view, people like Sengoku and Garp leaving their post at this critical time sort of makes it obvious that at some level they do not entirely approve of the WG's actions. To let a guy like Aokiji with a similar philosophy take the lead role is not necessarily a good idea. A person like him could idealogically influence the entire marine organziation to quite possibly turn against the WG in the future. Akainu on the other hand would be enough of a leader to lead the marines against pirates and criminals, but if he were to go against the WG and refuse their orders at any point, he probably wouldn't have any support. For them, it makes more sense to appoint Akainu because he poses no long term threat to them and can be quite easily replaced if need be.

There is no question that Aokiji would definitely make a better leader if the marines were an independent organization that upheld justice and were entirely driven by noble intentions. But they aren't so its a bad idea to have someone who can easily exploit confusion in the marine ranks that will result from being asked to do inethical things.

humpburger
Sun, 08-08-2010, 11:53 PM
There is no question that Aokiji would definitely make a better leader if the marines were an ********* organization that upheld justice and were entirely driven by noble intentions. But they aren't so its a bad idea to have someone who can easily exploit confusion in the marine ranks that will result from being asked to do inethical things.

Actually from the eyes of citizens/marines/leaders of the WG, they are. So no question that Aokiji would definitely make a better leader. Yes, yes, I concur. Nice chatting with ya. ^_^

Splash!
Mon, 08-09-2010, 09:26 AM
In THAT situation he would be a better leader because he shares the same ideology as those he leads and be at the very top of the command chain, so his ideals would the ideals of the organization. Not because he has demonstrated anything that makes him a better leader than Akainu other than having noble intentions (which has nothing to do with your leadership ability).

Sorry, but being the leader of an independent organization with a single objective and philosophy vs a sub organization with one philosophy and another objective are 2 entirely different things. The word "independent" is quite important.

rockmanj
Mon, 08-09-2010, 11:42 AM
There is no question that Aokiji would definitely make a better leader if the marines were an independent organization that upheld justice and were entirely driven by noble intentions. But they aren't so its a bad idea to have someone who can easily exploit confusion in the marine ranks that will result from being asked to do inethical things.

Well, that is probably why Sengoku recommended him for the position. I think that maybe he figures that Aokiji is less willing to do the horrible, grisly things that the WG probably wants. I think, as far as conscience goes, Sengoku made the correct choice. In terms of what is best for the WG, Aikanu would probably be their best bet, as he would blindly follow their orders (and leave a ton of collateral damage in his wake) and push their brand of 'Absolute Justice'. He is kind of crazy though...

humpburger
Mon, 08-09-2010, 10:36 PM
No, no, Aikanu killed marines and civilians in front of plenty of witnesses at Oraha. A solid case for animosity towards him in the marine ranks which diminishes unity, also a solid case for court-martial. The WG should consider him a media nightmare, a ticking time-bomb. I'm quite surprised the guy is not in prison, at least demoted. Image is very important people!

As for "blindly following orders", even Kizaru is a better candidate than him. Evident by the events of Oraha, Aikanu does not blindly follow orders. He insinuate his own sense of justice and order.

Sorry, but being the leader of an independent organization with a single objective and philosophy vs a sub organization with one philosophy and another objective are 2 entirely different things. The word "independent" is quite important.

No, no, the word "independent" is not important, matter of fact it's even irrelevant because we're always been focusing on a sub organization. "..vs a sub organization with one philosophy and another objective" doesn't seem correct ether, WG/Sengoku/Aokiji has similar philosophy/objective, maintain order and security. The latter just has shown more sympathy and tolerance. It's not like Sengoku/Aokiji held any petition against executing the possible bloodline of Gold Roger. It's not WG/Aikanu vs Sengoku/Aokiji's philosophy people, it's WG/Sengoku/Aokiji vs Aikanu's philosophy. That's how over-the-top this guy is. WG/Sengoku/Aokiji wants to maintain order/security and avoid necessary conflict. Aikanu kills all that opposes him and worst of all... "I have no regrets!" :eek:

Anyway what are those green bars below your post count? Power levels? Lol

Read the rules, don't double post especially for something as silly as this.

UChessmaster
Mon, 08-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Anyway what are those green bars below your post count? Power levels? Lol

It`s a way for people to send you insults while keeping their nick covered like the pussies they are, please try not to double post, there`s and edit button for that, welcome to the forums, if you can survive 2 weeks, you`re golden, are you really 9 years old?

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 08-09-2010, 11:36 PM
I kind of want Akainu to be the fleet admiral. Feel like it'd make for more interesting conflicts as he tries to hunt down luffy.

Splash!
Tue, 08-10-2010, 11:30 AM
No, no, Aikanu killed marines and civilians in front of plenty of witnesses at Oraha. A solid case for animosity towards him in the marine ranks which diminishes unity, also a solid case for court-martial. The WG should consider him a media nightmare, a ticking time-bomb. I'm quite surprised the guy is not in prison, at least demoted. Image is very important people!

Except the all important fact that he is responsible for the death of WB and Ace. It can be just as easy to paint him as a 'hero of the war' who did what was necessary and produced when Sengoku and the others failed. You say all this, but you are still ignoring the fact that he gets more immediate results than anyone else. He was never demoted after the Ohara incident, but promoted, so clearly his moral values have gone unnoticed before. There is no way they are going to court martial him for his misbehaviour, because at the end of the day, those things are all just noise compared to his actual accomplishments.

As for "blindly following orders", even Kizaru is a better candidate than him. Evident by the events of Oraha, Aikanu does not blindly follow orders. He insinuate his own sense of justice and order.

Its not about blindly following orders, but delivering on said orders more effectively than anyone else.

No, no, the word "independent" is not important, matter of fact it's even irrelevant because we're always been focusing on a sub organization. "..vs a sub organization with one philosophy and another objective" doesn't seem correct ether, WG/Sengoku/Aokiji has similar philosophy/objective, maintain order and security. The latter just has shown more sympathy and tolerance. It's not like Sengoku/Aokiji held any petition against executing the possible bloodline of Gold Roger.

Sengoku was strongly opposed to the idea of hiding what happened at Impel Down. Garp actually kept Ace from the marines, when they were supposed to be executing all babies linked to Gold Roger. Those are the top 2 marines of the previous generation who are unhappy with or have blatantly defied orders. Showing sympathy and tolerence is a pretty big indicator of A DIFFERENCE IN PHILOSOPHY. Its the difference between "The Honourable Way" vs the "Absolute way". Btw, we dont know clearly what the objective of the WG, but its pretty obvious they are definitely not on the same page as the marines, and this difference is only going to grow in the future.

Btw, I reiterated the word 'independent' because you misquoted me, leaving the most important part out. Only in this hypothetical scenario would the choice of picking Aokiji the leader be as straightforward. But as you yourself said, the marines always were a suborganization, so my original argument about picking Akainu stands.

FireEmblem
Tue, 08-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Akainu is still pretty loco.

rockmanj
Tue, 08-10-2010, 01:30 PM

I second that; he seems to be quite unstable.

Assertn
Tue, 08-10-2010, 02:00 PM
So how many circles has this conversation gone through so far?

depthcharge
Tue, 08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Supa Cyclical counter:(broke)

AAA: Akainu supa cool
BBB: Akainu supa loco
XXX: Whitebeard is the new word for awesome?
AAA: No! Akainu pwned Whitebeard. Therefore Akainu is the new word for awesome.

Death13a
Wed, 08-11-2010, 01:14 AM
During Akainu first appearance everyone hated him and now everyone loves him.

And Blackbeard finally killed Whitebeard, not Akainu as i remember no matter how much Admirals attacked Whitebeard even if they took half of his head and he stilled plowed though them.

humpburger
Wed, 08-11-2010, 01:49 AM

I second that; he seems to be quite unstable.

Excellent judgment there fellas but honestly, I love the guy. Hope he kills more.

are you really 9 years old?

Nah, I just turned 10. :p

chambers
Wed, 08-11-2010, 12:21 PM
you have to question some of the characters in the manga right now.... first the marines call an end to a war at there HQ which saw them suffer.... no losses at all? nothing, not one single person of note took any real damage during that fight, whitebeard was dead, ace was dead luffy was passed out and shanks demands an end...

Sen goku should have suggested whitebeard pirates and marines both join forces in order to execute blackbeard, an outcome that surley would have also pleased shanks. Instead they let blackbeard go, allow the whitebeard pirates to gain an incredible martyr figure head, Show to the every marine present the strength of shanks is roughley equivilent to the ENTIRE marines forces stationed there (since we know the white beard pirates would have went for blackbeard not the marines).

Next we see blackbeard running away from akainu... where is the sense in this? although he was clearly trying for some kind of trade for a ship was it impossible to think that perhaps the blackbeard crew featuring a captain that has captured the power of the former strongest pirate in the world, several people whoms actions, power and influence is so great that there entire exsistance was removed from the world along with other notable figures from the original crew would have been able to take down akainu?

Its weird that the squad captains from WB pirates fought almost equally with the marine admirals yet white beards entire crew runs dispite having the advantage of it only being one marine with a load of pissant no names on his ship. Are we to beleive that for example blackbeard would also run from marco and his merry band?

Just a few questionable decsions being made now.... akoiji being fleet admiral is not one of them though. Clearly from sengokus example the head of the marines no longer takes the field, this is also evident because garp refuses promotion. If the marines lose akainu it would be a bigger lose than if they lost if they lost the lazy akoiji IMHO. Seems akainu can beat almost anyone in a fight irespective of ability