PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 504

Marik
Thu, 07-29-2010, 01:43 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9ltqaye4ei4lk57) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/timaqa) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/71771778/2)

Patriot
Thu, 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Ah...what a emotional chapter...actually almost brought a tear to my eye...

=)

Good touching chapter really.

Just as Aizen planned.

rockmanj
Thu, 07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
That was pretty melodramatic. But at least he kind of got to meet his parents. I feel bad for Minato; having to balance his professional duties and his son's and his own life.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
I might just say it, but this flash back > Kakashi Gaiden.

And with all the serious stuff, "Stay away from Jiraiya." is classic.

Archangel
Thu, 07-29-2010, 01:59 PM
He never blamed them? He punched his dad in the stomach >_>

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-29-2010, 02:13 PM

That was only after he found out who his dad was. He never blamed his parents for not being there, but when he found out the fourth was his dad, he was a little pissed. I understand that. :)

Great chapter through and through.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM

Blame means resentment
Naruto's anger has love
he regrets nothing

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Blame means resentment
Naruto's anger has love
he regrets nothing

Well said.

I guess I need clarification, if Naruto dies does the Nine Tails die too?

Cal_kashi
Thu, 07-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Well said.

I guess I need clarification, if Naruto dies does the Nine Tails die too?

I think, if he dies
it only severs their bond,
Kyubi goes free.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-29-2010, 02:52 PM
I demand a full manga with Minato and Kushina.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 07-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Didn't Kushina say that Minato should reseal the Fox inside of her so it can die with her?

joker-kun
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Wow, quite an emotional chapter. It was quite gruesome too with Minato and Kushina. I really hope that this pushes Naruto over the top and he becomes just like Minato.

I like Naruto's endless stamina and brutish attacks, but like many have said on here, he needs to be a bit more like Sasuke technique/ability wise. It would be a great wtf moment if he were to fight Madara or Sasuke and perform that 'flying thunder god' technique outta nowhere.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Wow...alright, this just hit Itachi Gaiden level. That was heartbreaking :-(. Though yeah, Naruto's the destiniest child or all children of destiny in this stupid series. And for those of you keeping track, looks like Sakura's back in the running for Naruto's affections. Not looking so good for Hinata right now.

@Cal: LOL! I'm loving the Haiku stuff. Only four syllables in "Kyubi goes free" though. Make it right!

edit: Nvm. Just read your edit xD.

Rekeco
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Wow...alright, this just hit Itachi Gaiden level. That was heartbreaking :-(. Though yeah, Naruto's the destiniest child or all children of destiny in this stupid series. And for those of you keeping track, looks like Sakura's back in the running for Naruto's affections. Not looking so good for Hinata right now.

@Cal: LOL! I'm loving the Haiku stuff. Only four syllables in "Kyubi goes free" though. Make it right!

edit: Nvm. Just read your edit xD.

I take it the "Get one like your mother" line would be hinting for Sakura. I still want a Hinata + Naruto couple. Their kid could be overflowing with stamina and have cool eyes.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:52 PM
I take it the "Get one like your mother" line would be hinting for Sakura. I still want a Hinata + Naruto couple. Their kid could be overflowing with stamina and have cool eyes.

Can you imagine
how berzerk their kids would be
if pushed the wrong way?

Carnage
Thu, 07-29-2010, 04:13 PM
If Naruto dies then the Kyubi dies as well. Naruto used this fact as leverage to get the Kyubi to lend him some chakra when he was pushed off the cliff by Jiraiya and had to summon Gamabunta back during the Chuunin Exam arc.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 07-29-2010, 04:21 PM
If Naruto dies then the Kyubi dies as well. Naruto used this fact as leverage to get the Kyubi to lend him some chakra when he was pushed off the cliff by Jiraiya and had to summon Gamabunta back during the Chuunin Exam arc.

that is a good point
I forgot about that arc
I think you are right.

Patriot
Thu, 07-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Only for a time, I think it comes back later somehow...that part is not explained however...unless it was mentioned somewhere and I forgot..

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-29-2010, 04:43 PM
again... with this argument (discussion, whatever):
My guess is no.

if people could kill tailed bests by killing their carriers, it's likely at least one jinchushinkisstirischiki would have been killed over the years.
my 'prediction' is that if naruto dies while in kyuubi mode, the kyuubi is released (immediately). if he dies from natural causes, the kyuubi is reborn several years afterward. that is probably what saved naruto's life from assassins. as long as the kyuubi is sealed inside naruto, he can't be outside. and the sooner naruto dies, the sooner the kyuubi is back at the streets.

Naruto's threat during that training arc... Naruto couldn't possibly know that, and the answer kyuubi gave sounded more like appreciation for naruto's courage. but that's horse we've been taking hits at for years.

chapter itself: very touching, very leaderlike activity from the 4th.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 07-29-2010, 04:48 PM
again... with this argument (discussion, whatever):
My guess is no.

if people could kill tailed bests by killing their carriers, it's likely at least one jinchushinkisstirischiki would have been killed over the years.
my 'prediction' is that if naruto dies while in kyuubi mode, the kyuubi is released (immediately). if he dies from natural causes, the kyuubi is reborn several years afterward. that is probably what saved naruto's life from assassins. as long as the kyuubi is sealed inside naruto, he can't be outside. and the sooner naruto dies, the sooner the kyuubi is back at the streets.

Naruto's threat during that training arc... Naruto couldn't possibly know that, and the answer kyuubi gave sounded more like appreciation for naruto's courage. but that's horse we've been taking hits at for years.

chapter itself: very touching, very leaderlike activity from the 4th.

of all stories heard
jinchuriki are not killed
because it is hard.

all attempts to kill
the beasts host's have failed, so far.
we don't know what happens.

Carnage
Thu, 07-29-2010, 05:47 PM
How hard can it be to understand this? If the Jinchuuriki is killed then so is the biju. But the biju eventually comes back in some form. The fox lent Naruto the chakra so that neither the host nor the demon would die. Minato sealed the kyubi into Naruto instead of Kushina because she was going to die, and Minato did not the Kyubi eventually coming back as well as Konoha being left without a Jinchuuriki.

FireEmblem
Thu, 07-29-2010, 09:28 PM
A jinchuuriki would be harder to capture than the bijuu itself too. This was the correct choice for Minato to make.

But man, Minato really played the ultimate hero. He made so many clutch decisions in such a small window of time. Managed to come up with a suitable counter to a super diabolical scheme as it was beginning to unfold.

Sidnne
Thu, 07-29-2010, 09:51 PM
It was said by the nine-tails himself that he would die if Naruto died. Kushina also said that she would die and take the nine-tails with her. However, she also added "...for a while, at least." or something along those lines.

Therefore, it would appear that the bijuu dies with its host, but after some time, its chakra manifests itself again and the bijuu returns. Although, it could be many many years before that happens.

depthcharge
Fri, 07-30-2010, 12:32 AM
If someone succeeded in killing the jinchuriki, (it would not be impossible): rather surprising since they are suppose to be uber strong.

My guess is that, when that happens, the tail beast is dragged to deathgod stomach(or where ever convenient) and locked up for 20 years before it can roam freely on Narutoland.(notice Naruto is now 16yr- meaning 4 more years till the 2nd half of kyubi returns to Narutoland)

Carnage
Fri, 07-30-2010, 01:02 AM
If someone succeeded in killing the jinchuriki, (it would not be impossible): rather surprising since they are suppose to be uber strong.

My guess is that, when that happens, the tail beast is dragged to deathgod stomach(or where ever convenient) and locked up for 20 years before it can roam freely on Narutoland.(notice Naruto is now 16yr- meaning 4 more years till the 2nd half of kyubi returns to Narutoland)

Where did you get the number 20?

depthcharge
Fri, 07-30-2010, 01:23 AM
I initially thought of 100yrs but figure that 20 would be a better number. In part, due to Madara's evil plan to resurrect the 10 tail would require a complete 9 tail(I think). So this war goes on for 4 years and at the climax, the complete 9 tail appears for the 10 tail resurrection. (ok it is a random number I pulled out)

Sam98034
Fri, 07-30-2010, 05:43 AM
Where did you get the number 20?

I initially thought of 100yrs but figure that 20 would be a better number. In part, due to Madara's evil plan to resurrect the 10 tail would require a complete 9 tail(I think). So this war goes on for 4 years and at the climax, the complete 9 tail appears for the 10 tail resurrection. (ok it is a random number I pulled out)

Clear as mud.

ForteCross
Fri, 07-30-2010, 06:00 AM
IMO the moment the host dies, the bijuu's chackra gets released, then it takes awhile for all the chackra to get together and manifest itself into the beast

DB_Hunter
Fri, 07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
It's a plot hole, just accept it. Whilst learning summoning Naruto blackmailed kyuubi with death if he himself got killed, now we find the can reappear. If that's all it takes if I were the Kyuubi I would have let Naruto die and reappear, instead of keeping him alive for something like 80 years and being trapped all that time.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-30-2010, 10:02 AM
No time indication was given to it's reappearance, perhaps it would be in 80+ years, or 150, or 10......
I guess being set free, is a safer bet then having to wait for who knows how long until remanifesting.

TwisT
Fri, 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Actually Naruto didn't bring up "my death=your death". All he said was that Kyuubi should pay rent for sharing his body. It was Kyuubi himself that suggested that what Naruto meant was that if he died Kyuubi would die. And he didn't really confirm it either. He just laughed and commended Naruto on his bravery and boldness.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/95/16/

And that is how it was translated in the anime too. So it was never confirmed that he would die. It wasn't even the reason that Kyuubi stated for giving Naruto his chakara. It was open to interpretation and most reached that conclusion since there was nothing else that said otherwise. But now when we have heard more facts, we can come to a conclusion that is in line with the current facts. So not really a plot hole.

Tofu #2
Fri, 07-30-2010, 01:15 PM
you guys remember this part?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/168/12/

joker-kun
Fri, 07-30-2010, 01:35 PM
My guess is the tailed beast returns after a set amount of time but probably with a whole new personality/ set of memories / etc.Kind of like a reincarnation, so in a sense, the 9-tails as we know him, would die.

It would make sense on why he prefers to stay within Naruto than (temporarily) die.

isso
Fri, 07-30-2010, 03:19 PM
But remember that akatsuki left the jinchurikis alive so that they could harvest the bijou, if this is because the bijou would die or be released in some chakra form to be resurrected later in X years is never explained, it's somewhat of a plot hole...

UChessmaster
Fri, 07-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Actually Naruto didn't bring up "my death=your death".

No, the Kyuubi did, wich makes it even worse.

This whole thing is a plot hole and this chapters = Kishi fixing things up

Archangel
Fri, 07-30-2010, 05:21 PM
you guys remember this part?
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/168/12/
That reminds me that Naruto destroyed that necklace and nobody has mentioned it since

Sidnne
Fri, 07-30-2010, 06:45 PM
That reminds me that Naruto destroyed that necklace and nobody has mentioned it since

That necklace should have never been introduced in the first place. It never really served a purpose. I think Kishi wanted to go somewhere with it, but wasn't sure where, so he just destroyed it and would rather forget he ever introduced it.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
it did tie in to the idea of the first hokage controlling the kyuubi, and that does contribute to the horrible senju\uchiha\kyuubi mess.

but yeah, it's gone, and good riddence.

Jman
Sun, 08-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Minato's reached a new threshold of badassery. He's a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 08-01-2010, 05:22 PM

The necklace is no longer needed now that Naruto has control of the Kyubi's power.

Archangel
Sun, 08-01-2010, 05:44 PM
The necklace is no longer needed now that Naruto has control of the Kyubi's power.
Neither is Lee, Sai, Neji, etc in Naruto part II, maybe Kishimoto should blow them up too?

Sidnne
Sun, 08-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Neither is Lee, Sai, Neji, etc in Naruto part II, maybe Kishimoto should blow them up too?

But then who will inherit the will of fire?

Kohaku_Sarutobi
Mon, 08-02-2010, 08:06 PM
That necklace should have never been introduced in the first place. It never really served a purpose. I think Kishi wanted to go somewhere with it, but wasn't sure where, so he just destroyed it and would rather forget he ever introduced it.

I believe that the necklace holds great importance to the story.Seeing that Kishi took the time and effort to draw it out and explain how it tied in with Tsunade and her brother and her boyfriend and came into naruto's possesion.
REFRESHER: the necklace was originally Tsunade's grandfather's (the FIRST hokage), he gave it to her, on her brother's 12th birthday she gave it to him so he could be like their grandfather and become hokage but the next day he died in battle, then she gave it to her boyfriend who wanted to be hokage too but he died in battle too. In each of these instances the necklace was the only thing that was left of each of these men. The fist gave it away and the last two had their lives taken away leaving the necklace as they persued their dreams to become hokage.
With naruto changing the fate of the necklace of death by destroying it (whether intintonal or not) it was a symbol representing how he wont die, he might just be able to achieve the very thing the last two owners of the necklace couldn't as he pushes forward with their aspiration's at heart.
The necklace hold a symbloicness about it.
JUST BECAUSE: now if you want to go any further you could think about how the first hokage was the original holder of the necklace, it makes you think "why did he pass down his naecklace to begin with?" "what else did he pass down besides the necklace?" well he was the founder of the hidden leaf right, then he had that epic fight with madara at the "Final Valley" yet the battle still rages on (he fought there with sasuke *coincidence??? NOT!*). In a way you could think that since the necklace was "passed down" to naruto he also had the aspirations of the first hokage along with his responibilities.
food for thought :)

Sidnne
Mon, 08-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I believe that the necklace holds great importance to the story.

The point is that nobody gives a shit about the necklace. Its of no significance because it has been destroyed already and only received mention a time or two. It certainly didn't need a mile long post about it that nobody is going to read.
Welcome to Gotwoot.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 08-02-2010, 11:58 PM
The point is that nobody gives a shit about the necklace. Its of no significance because it has been destroyed already and only received mention a time or two. It certainly didn't need a mile long post about it that nobody is going to read.
Welcome to Gotwoot.

Not going to lie, I skimmed that shit, and he quoted me directly.

But yes, welcome to the forums!

UChessmaster
Tue, 08-03-2010, 12:29 AM
I read it :(

Sam98034
Tue, 08-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Kohaku, how long will a post be went you talk about something if it's that long when you talk about nothing?

depthcharge
Tue, 08-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Mokuton-sensei(not his real name) can be disposed off as well since, Naruto have control over Kyubi.

To talk about things of significance, I think the 4th Hokage's special kunai deserve its on topic. Surely, passing on the legacy of the 4th Hokage should involve passing the special kunai + the lightning teleport technique to Naruto. While we now have Naruto talking to his mother, it is kind of sad that his mother and father didnt bother to pass him their kickass technique.... just the lovey-dovey stuff...

DB_Hunter
Tue, 08-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Welcome to Gotwoot.

I second this.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 08-03-2010, 03:51 PM
What a way to welcome someone. Discouraging him from posting again in the future. Just ignore it if you don't like the post. Hell you guys should be used to it you did it every week with mine.

On necklace topic: Couldn't care any less. Anyone who thought it would actually hold the kyubi back or serve a purpose was putting too much stock in it. Now there's a war around the corner I don't think Tsunade's gonna be grilling Naruto like george foreman about a necklace anytime soon. Would be funny if she decked him at the end of the series about it

UChessmaster
Tue, 08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Kohaku, how long will a post be went you talk about something if it's that long when you talk about nothing?

What!?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-03-2010, 09:46 PM
went = when.

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Still make no sense, can you translate the whole thing maybe?

Kohaku_Sarutobi
Wed, 08-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Welcome to Gotwoot.

Not going to lie, I skimmed that shit, and he quoted me directly.

But yes, welcome to the forums!

Two things
1. I have been in other forums and you two seem to be the ones who dont know how to behave in them
2. I am a seasoned naruto fan, whether or not you care is not what i am worried about. Those who have the sense to appreciate what i have to say (who are true naruto fans) would either read the whole thing or have the sense enough to not bash it with ignorance

Thankyou for inviting me to this forum
And thakyou for your critisizim (whether constructive or not)
Thankyou to UChessmaster for reading and to those who defended me

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 08-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Two things
1. I have been in other forums and you two seem to be the ones who dont know how to behave in them
2. I am a seasoned naruto fan, whether or not you care is not what i am worried about. Those who have the sense to appreciate what i have to say (who are true naruto fans) would either read the whole thing or have the sense enough to not bash it with ignorance

Thankyou for inviting me to this forum
And thakyou for your critisizim (whether constructive or not)
Thankyou to UChessmaster for reading and to those who defended me

Seriously. I am nothing like Sidnne, please don't put me in a category with him. The reason that I skimmed your post is because the first 2 paragraphs were things we already knew.

And a solid counter point to your non-argument that it is better that the necklace was broken is the fact that the necklaces as you put it because it shows "how he wont die" isn't that great of a point at all. Naruto has had the necklace for over 3 years now and still lived. The others only had the necklace for a short time, so basically he has already broken the "Curse" by having it on for more than a week and living. Secondly, I think symbolically I think that it would have had much greater an impact if we saw the necklace on Naruto while he became the Hokage, because then we could still infer that Naruto fought to be there and deserved the necklace and the title once held by the first.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Who's the one with no balls repping me saying Im a faggot? Not that I care I just wanna find out who it is so I could maybe help you and get you to grow up a little. I know life is hard outside your world of cartoons and comics but I think its time you learn a new way to show you disagree with someone. That one word from middle school is a little stale by now.

And apparently you have a lot of hate in you to go and say that being gay is an insult. Theyr people too, you do know this? You dont seem to have any grasp on reality or life.

Cant disagree with me right here? Right cause you have no backbone, youre probably slunched over in your chair right now grinning that I actually acknowledged your existence.

That was all an allusion to show how much I thought this chapter was rocking!!

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Well it seems we have someone that really enjoys giving neg rep.

Mr. rep person: I`m not trolling, is just that i really have absolutelly no fucking clue about what he said, maybe you can translate for me? i bet you speak 12 year old grammar as well, also while we`re at it, please google "troll".

Edort4
Wed, 08-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi all. Its been a long time. I just got up to date with the manga again and I must say that I'm not dissapointed with the story, if we leave out a few strange things like the eyed arms etc... (I wonder if that arm could cry seeing what bs kishimoto can make after drinking too much sake).

After this flashback about Naruto's birth (I would say about Minatos awesomes) I came to realize that all those things about Naruto surpassing the 4th is just lame. That man can't be surpassed. It should be hard for Naruto to realize how noob he is compared to his father and its very ironic to see how badly he loses against a father that he didnt even get to know.

I wonder if Kishi is going to take advantage about this knowledge Naruto got to make him some kind of a more "realistic" and mature character with his father as an example (yeah I know that talking about reality when a guy has a 50 meter tall fox inside is quite disturbing), I hope that he doesnt let this chance to improve his character with some kind of basis.

But then I guess that we can just wait for another nonsense power up like smashing a crate and eating some kind of mushroom to make Nerfruto stronger.

Salutations and have a nice summer.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 08-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Seriously. I am nothing like Sidnne, please don't put me in a category with him. The reason that I skimmed your post is because the first 2 paragraphs were things we already knew.

[...]

you have the same color scheme in the avatar, a black and white character that I skimm through, it's possible to confuse you two.

anyway, I agree, the necklace had meaning when it was introduced, because it was Tsuande's 'good' bet. Tsuande put her trust in Naruto's words that he'll become the hokage, and he lived through the following battle. restoring her faith in the power of love and leaf. (order of things might be slightly different from how it happened, I don't remember whether she gave him the necklace before or after she revived him from Kabuto's hits).

then, it was revealed that Yamato (or tensai, whatever name he goes by?) through the magical power of the 1st hokage, can control (negate) the kyuubi through it. which would have been interesting, if Yamato wasn't removed from the story (along with Sai) right away. and now there's the senjou\uchiha whatever blood, which somehow looks like everyone and their mother can control the kyuubi.

Yes. that was the point I was pushing when shit went down, especially Chouji. he did his part, having him survive just undermined the point of what he did. just like the entire dragonballPaynewish made the arc seem lame. I can't see Lee getting any real progress as a fighting ninja, despite the fact he'll be in every single naruto game from now until forever.
but that's a different point.

also, welcome, Kohaku.

UChessmaster
Wed, 08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Yes. that was the point I was pushing when shit went down, especially Chouji. he did his part, having him survive just undermined the point of what he did.

I like to think Kishimoto let Chouji live because he was forced by Shonen Jumps *not* to kill the Konoha Twelve, same with Neji.

Archangel
Wed, 08-04-2010, 03:54 PM
I like to think Kishimoto let Chouji live because he was forced by Shonen Jumps *not* to kill the Konoha Twelve, same with Neji.
Naruto was already making the big bucks back then, i bet they didn't make him do shit >_>

Whistling
Wed, 08-04-2010, 04:21 PM
I liked Kohaku's paragraphs on the necklace; interpreting data and making logical conclusions from it is far more interesting than just stating something and hoping people just agree with you. She wanted to make a point and brought the goods to make her claim. Cheers!

Naruto may have (minor) plotholes here and there, but I don't think the necklace was one, too much story and time were dedicated to it.

Once the series is finished and we have seen and heard everything Kishi want's to tell us about the Naruto universe, then peruse and find plotholes. But to do so currently is premature in my opinion.