PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 503

Marik
Wed, 07-21-2010, 09:12 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z258a5y58ip8c6r) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/xd964u) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/33928369/1)

unandpw
Wed, 07-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Man he's badass!

toonice714
Wed, 07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
The konoha ninjas did way better than I thought. In the beginning of the series they made the incident out to be a massive slaughter. Less of the city was destroyed and more ninja survived than the anime made it out to be. The fourth also seemed like he would have killed madara. The fourth made it seem like he couldn't win when he referenced fighting him. It seems to me that only time was working against him, which is pretty ironic considering he is the fastest being in the series.

Assertn
Wed, 07-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Wait, so.... what? "Permanently seal half the kyubi's power along with myself"? Would that be the half consumed by the death god, or what? I still don't get how he knows how to do all these things that you obviously can't ever do more than once in your life.

UChessmaster
Wed, 07-21-2010, 10:23 PM
I guess it`s one of those thing where we have to suspend our beleif, like how having a jinchuriiki die kills the bijuu as well, even though it never happened so no one has a real way of knowing.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 07-21-2010, 10:25 PM
So a jinchuuriki's death gets rid of the beast... for a little while. I wonder how that works.

Wait, so.... what? "Permanently seal half the kyubi's power along with myself"? Would that be the half consumed by the death god, or what?

When the Shinigami is summoned it trades the user's life to seal the power of the intended target. In Sarutobi's case, he didn't have the power left to do anything but seal Oro's arms, so when his life was claimed the exchange was done. Minato doesn't have the power to begin with to seal the Kyuubi so he wants to seal half its chakra and stick the other half in Naruto.

Minato, Sarutobi and Oro's arms are playing catch in hell. At least that's what they've led us to believe.

-=DS=-S.W.A.T3
Wed, 07-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Oh wow I didn't catch that first time reading it

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/33928369/4

The fourth cut off his hand badass...

and whats up with Kurenai's dad's eyes? does he have the rinnegan? or similar type? I didn't start reading the manga until time skip so Idk if they explained this

Assertn
Wed, 07-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Sarutobi said that the summoner and the victim are doomed to battle eternally inside the death god, or something like that. Then the death god cut off the 1st hokage, 2nd hokage, and the two Sarutobi clones' souls and ate them.

We know Minato suffered the same fate, yet Kyubi lived on inside Naruto.
I dunno.

and whats up with Kurenai's dad's eyes? does he have the rinnegan? or similar type? I didn't start reading the manga until time skip so Idk if they explained this
His eyes are the same as Kurenai's eyes. Likely red with circles in them. Not a doujutsu.

Also, Kurenai's dad yelling to Kurenai through some weak-ass barrier about him wanting her to grow up to someday give him a grandchild made me roll my eyes. Thanks Kishi, you writing deity you.

Sidnne
Wed, 07-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Notice how Minato simply identifies his enemy and tries to take him out without needing a 6-chapter monologue of their reasons or trying to talk to them or change their nature? Why can't Naruto be as awesome as his pop?

P.S. Obito is no match for Minato.

FireEmblem
Thu, 07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
So the 4th Hokage's high-level battles involve him teleporting around and smacking you with Rasengans and seals. Some pretty sweet seals at that, good enough to nullify your control over such immense power. Yeah he is pretty badass.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-22-2010, 01:10 AM
I <3 Minato.

He is probably my favorite character, just because they haven't had an opportunity to fuck up his character.

depthcharge
Thu, 07-22-2010, 01:40 AM
4th Hokage won the battle but lost the war. He had to sacrifice himself and his wifu. No wonder Madara was saying he still have many options, I guess he is talking about Ithachi. However at that point he doesnt know who the next Jinchuriki would be and how well he would be protected.

Tofu #2
Thu, 07-22-2010, 02:08 AM
kushina should have just taken kyubbi in and died

darkshadow
Thu, 07-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Pretty nice chapter.
"a seal on my body", and the games strike again ;P.

Pretty badass though how madara thought minato was trying something, that minato was actually already done doing.

Sam98034
Thu, 07-22-2010, 03:31 AM
kushina should have just taken kyubbi in and died

Yeah, it seems that would have made it so that both Naruto and Minato would still be alive. It would be win win. I guess it could be to ruin Madara's plan and to let Kushina see Naruto again. Whatever Madara was planning, Minato was worried that he could get the Kyuubi again, but if he sealed half of it, Madara might not be able to complete his plan anymore. We still don't know it's Madara yet, actually.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-22-2010, 09:54 AM
I think Minato was on his "my son is the dude of destiny" crap.

The fourth also seemed like he would have killed madara. The fourth made it seem like he couldn't win when he referenced fighting him.

*nods* This is the second time he does this. In this case, I think the line was akin to "I couldn't figure him out at all!" Now we find out he had his foot throat deep in madara's rectum. And I know I said this already, but just last chapter, he was like "the only chance I have is to trade blows with him." And then he didn't trade blows at all, but put his foot in the aforementioned place at the aforementioned depth. I think it's just a personality trait of his, excessive humility...to the point of being a liar. He's totally awesome though.

Now, everything that wasn't Minato related, blew chunks.

Logrus
Thu, 07-22-2010, 11:25 AM
think its was madaras hand he cut off or smth since he does seals with two hands at the end :P

DB_Hunter
Thu, 07-22-2010, 11:51 AM
As suspected, Minato is the most bad ass character in the manga.

Archangel
Thu, 07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
This chapter opened up a huge debate:

- Is Minato so fucking Whitebeard or is Whitebeard so fucking Minato?

The badassery levels of both characters are beyond mere words.

Also lol at Kishimoto and female characters: "You'll stay at home, cook me dinner and make babies!"

Cal_kashi
Thu, 07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
this chapter brought tears
god damn minato's badass
quite the sacrafice

UChessmaster
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:01 PM
I loved the what if at the beggining :(

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
It was actually a closer fight than it seemed. If Madara touched Minato a split second faster, Minato would be the one defeated. The reason why I liked this fight is because it resembles real high level fighting. One small moment of advantage can end it.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM
It was actually a closer fight than it seemed. If Madara touched Minato a split second faster, Minato would be the one defeated. The reason why I liked this fight is because it resembles real high level fighting. One small moment of advantage can end it.

Did Madara lose?
Minato and Kushina,
*both* died. he escaped.

Archangel
Thu, 07-22-2010, 10:07 PM
You liked this fight because there was real skill involved, not just a spam of the same move over and over again

I'm not saying Naruto isn't a hokage level ass kicking machine, just that he's a power house fighter who mostly relies on stamina which make his fights really boring to watch

Bash on Sasuke all you want, but at least with him we get some variety in between emo whines

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah. It's like Sasuke is a hard hitting striker that tires out quickly, while Naruto is an extremely resilient but unskilled grappler. We all know which type of fighter is more exciting.

The problem with Sasuke's fights though, is that he pulls stuff out of his ass all the time, while Minato used moves (Hiraishin, Sealing techs) that we all knew he had before the fight started.

joker-kun
Fri, 07-23-2010, 12:05 AM
I will now cream myself whenever I am thinking of Minato. ;)

TwisT
Fri, 07-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Minato is indeed Whitebeard. But to say Whitebeard is Minato just feels wrong. Minato is awesome but Whitebeard is in a division higher IMO.

And to Cal's question "Did Madara lose?", the answer is yes he did. Madara's goal was to take control of Kyuubi and destroy Konoha. Minato beat Madara and forced him to retreat and he removed his control. That is a loss. His goal was not to kill Kushina and Minato. Infact he didn't even manage to kill Minato. He chose that himself. it seems that Kushina would have died just from the extraction even if she was strong enough to survive it. Like she was slowly bleeding out or something and nothing could stop it. But Minato had an out to get rid of the Kyuubi and survive himself. But he chose to sacrifice himself to insure that Konoha would keep the jinchuriki(sp?) balance and to ensure the further safety of his village by not having Kyuubi return free and rampaging later on. So all of Madara's plans was foiled and he was forced to retreat after getting physically beaten. That is a loss to me at least.

Carnage
Fri, 07-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Minato is indeed Whitebeard. But to say Whitebeard is Minato just feels wrong. Minato is awesome but Whitebeard is in a division higher IMO.

Can we please stop using "Whitebeard" as a synonym for badass?

Edit: For the piece of shit who repped me "fuck off", say it to my face you cunt.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-23-2010, 06:15 PM
we could, but that would be very Kubo of us.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 07-23-2010, 06:40 PM
DELETE PLEASE

Archangel
Fri, 07-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Huge motherfucking spoiler much? >_>

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 07-23-2010, 06:45 PM
My bad Arch, deleted. >.<

Anyways, this chapter kinda made me wish Kishi did a whole arc centered around Minato

DB_Hunter
Fri, 07-23-2010, 07:29 PM
You mean kind of like the one he is doing now?

toonice714
Fri, 07-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Was it an OP spoiler or naruto spoiler b/c both have been out for a couple days I'm curious

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 07-23-2010, 07:38 PM
DB I consider this more of a flashback then an arc...well let's see how far Kishi takes this, but from this chapter's ending, it doesn't seem like it has much longer

Assertn
Fri, 07-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Spoiler: The Bleach series will *not* end according to Aizen's plan

UChessmaster
Fri, 07-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Spoiler: The Bleach series will *not* end according to Aizen's plan

Now THAT would be a plot twist.

Stitch
Wed, 07-28-2010, 04:21 AM
this chapter brought tears
god damn minato's badass
quite the sacrafice