PDA

View Full Version : Nurarihyon no Mago

Archangel
Sun, 07-18-2010, 10:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Djbdq.jpg

Rikuo Nura - a kid that is 3/4 human and 1/4 youkai. He lives in a house full of spirits alongside his grandfather who is the leader of the youkai. Rikuo is destined to take over his grandfather leadership but his human side has no interest. Rikuo is just a normal kid who has no interest to become the leader of youkai.

Episodes: 24
Producers: Studio DEEN
Genres: Action, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural

[Commie] - Nurarihyon no Mago - 01 (v2) (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143637)

Awesome shounen show is awesome

Penner
Sun, 07-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Good lord, Commie is doing everything lol

Archangel
Sun, 07-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Good lord, Commie is doing everything lol
Further proof that CR is kicking some fansubbing community ass

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-18-2010, 06:05 PM
from the manga thread:

so, while I didn't catch up, I finally watched the first episode of the anime...

did anyone else try it?

they switched around some stuff, for the sake of drama, but considering how the emphasis is already going towards the night form, I'm pretty pleased that they hadn't include him in the bulk of the episode.

many familiar voices, of course, and decent animation.
still, looks too much 'plot' directed rather than character focus.
it's like they dropped in on the 3rd episode or something.

and

ep 2 is out, a horrible mess of unwanted drama and glorifying night rikou...

the absence of the first chapter (bus save from 4 years ago) is hampering the characterization.

I'm going to watch it, I really like the manga story, and I think it can make a decent shonen series. it definitely has great characters.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-22-2010, 06:22 PM
episode 3 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=145570)

damn, I'm pissed at this anime. horrible pacing, wasted emphasis and everything, they even wasted a perfect foreshadowing, in favor of... absolutely nothing.

Archangel
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Best bring your expectations down a notch DBZ or watching this is gonna be painful for you

Death BOO Z
Tue, 08-03-2010, 07:05 PM
episode 4 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=147767)
It's official, it's going down hill, crushing...
where to begin?
obviously since the rat from episode 3 didn't exist in the manga, Rikou's decision to follow the rat informer was much more reasonable, and that's because he didn't know about any evil rats, he just heard 'friends' and 'kidnapped'.
and because the rats just wanted Rikou to forfeit his position, there was no reason for anyone (the Nato fellow) to follow on him, which made Rikou seem like an even more pathetic loser.
the cat guy also had a different role, and his appeal to Rikou wasn't just "protect me a help me revenge because I'm weak", it made sense because he worked on the same spot Zen did, by saying "we are weak, and we need you as the leader to protect us". it's a small difference, but it matters.
next, Kubinashi (neckless), the friendship between him and the cat came from nowhere (I can't recall it from the manga), and they removed the most amazing part of his fighting style.
and they dropped the badass talk from the fight itself between Rikou and the rat.

other than those, still, no mention of chapter 001 (which would clear up some shit as for why Rikou is such a whiner), and worst of all.

The animation was awful. disgrace.

Disappointment max.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-06-2010, 06:48 PM
episode five, things that were missing, and therefore made it suck.

a. lingering business: we never got to see 'chapter 01', so we can't see any of the ghost watching team fawn over night rikou.
b. they totally upped the okiwa\rikou shipping, not to say that it doesn't exist, but they charged it over.
c.the mountain name: in the mange, they know what it's called, not that it matters in any way, it just makes them look less stupid.
d. Aotoubo (big guy), the biker gang (missing from the anime) was half the fun of the character.
e. Rikou's mom... she doesn't receive much attention in the manga, but I feel as if the anime is trying to portray her as a dumb bimbo (or at the very least, flakey airhead). also, you'd think the daughter in law wouldn't be doing chores around the house.

I really wanted to like this anime, but they're making it so hard.

Archangel
Sat, 08-07-2010, 06:15 PM
So what you're saying is that i should drop this and read the manga?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-07-2010, 06:44 PM
you should read the manga. yes.

but you don't have to drop the anime, complaining is the 2nd most enjoyable aspect of the internet.
some of the decisions so far have a bleach-like quality of 'what were they thinking?', so it's truly remarkable.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
episode 6 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=150985)

an 'action' filled episode.

of course, there's one part missing, which is again tied to chapter 1.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-31-2010, 05:18 AM
oh, sweet times, it's finally over.
it took them some time to get to the finale, and then another week to summarize what happened in a post season episode. that's two recaps in one season.

I can't really rate the series on it's own, but even without comparing it to the source Manga, I think it's an odd duck, and not in a good way.

as a manga reader, my main problem is that I can't think of a reason for half the changes they did. many times it felt as if they were moving around scenes between the episodes just for the sake of being different, without considering how it effects the general plot.

for example: chapter 001, who's absence I've been complaining about since the first episode, get's a flashback mention during the 24th episode. it's not a complete flashback so it doesn't give us any details about WHY it happened in the past. instead of having the flashback early on to explain why Rikou is so against being a youkai, we get a minute of it where night Rikou comes in, kills the !EVIL! monster and saves the girl.
in the manga, the chapter explains Rikou's personality and cements him being the same person as night Rikou, in the anime, it looks like the producers are trying to force the shipping of two characters.

more of my 'favorite' changes:
* having bad guy kill his own bad guy in the 24th episode for fighting dirty. this is all the more stupid because he saved him during an earlier episode and called him a valuable alley. then, ONE episode after he kills his most loyal man, he gets a chance a redemption. compared to the manga, where he kills that guy after the first fight, and uses the death to motivate his other troops.
* instead of using the two sneaky guys in a reckon mission, have them get caught and rescued by another bunch of characters. the anime brings in a different character to go to the bad guy mansion and get his ass kicked and saved. and after that the two original guys go, but it's far too long into story for them to do any serious spying, so they just happen to hear about the plot advancement, and then they're detected, get their ass kicked, and rescued. the two sequences have taken roughly the same amount of time it would take to do the original part.

above all these changes, I have a feeling the producers simply don't like the main character. many of the changes turn out to make Rikou seem like a fool, who's only being saved by his teammates and by sheer luck (suddenly it's night-time!). add that to the many times Yura gets to fight generic-inuyasha-youkai without any contribution to the plot, and the shit load of screen time that Gyuuki gets (probably appears in every episode, mostly standing around without moving) and it seems the anime simply doesn't want the fans to like him.

I can go on and write about all the changes that are gonna bite them in the ass later on (yura and Rikou's grandfather, the evil sword and Yoshizune), but I want to address the ending song.
it's pathetic. you can actually see that someone in marketing said "hey! that dancing bit from Haruhi sure is famous, I'm sure that's why people like that show! let's have our own!" and that how they made it. I won't be surprised if they tried to host events for dancing like that.

all in all, I didn't like it, and I dont think the next season would be any better. But I'm still gonna watch it.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Without comparing it to the manga... it was pretty crap.

With the manga comparison and the illogical changes... it was crap.

Nothing changes much either way. It was a sub par show no matter what.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 01-09-2011, 04:26 AM
I just got done with this and i have to agree with everything said so far. It's pretty much as if the director went "We need to somehow make a truly horrible adaptation without going completely anime original."

Just like DBZ said, they cut out quite a few minor scenes that really helped with the character's development. One major example was when Rikuo first accepted his night form and declare the acceptance of the heir title to the clan. anime it was essentially him begging the clan for forgive Gyuki. In the manga, Rikuo tricked the Cyclop into showing insubordination which alienated him from the rest and gives the impression that Rikuo is quite intelligent and cunning. It makes him seem much less like the normal idiot human and more like someone deserving of the title of the third.

What really pissed me off was that after deciding to cut all these scenes, they had a total of 2 recaps and 3-4 episodes that was either mostly or completely fillers. If there was so much damn room for that much fillers in the story, why bother cutting out stuffs in the first place. Was the animation team so incompetent that they couldn't accurately predict which episodes was going to feature which contents? Needless to say, most of the damage has been done. This is getting a second season but i'm really doubt that it'll be much better than this one if they continue to cut bit and pieces out of the original work.

Munsu
Sun, 01-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Thank god I wasn't watching anime and was able to avoid this crap.