PDA

View Full Version : Cat Shit One: The Animated Series

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-17-2010, 10:19 PM
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/610/catshitone.jpg

The war against terrorism has gone private. War has always been a profitable business, so having private corporations field their own armies to fight against terrorism is just good business. Who else could protect those innocent bunnies from the religiously fervent turbaned camel fanatics. It falls upon a small cadre of seasoned furry rabbit soldiers to take the battle to the camel's home turf.

Derived from a popular Vietnam-conflict based manga series called Apocalypse Meow , this sequel story uses animal characters to tell the story of the war. Non-human cast of characters notwithstanding, this compelling and painstakingly-resear*ched work places an emphasis on factualism in order to accurately portray the weapons and tactics used by soldiers.

Studio Anima, which primarily produces full CG video animation sequences for console video games, has announced its development of a 12 episode full CG anime adaptation of Motofumi Kobayashi’s 1998 manga series Cat Shit One

~AniDB

Episode 01 by Commie (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144336), Pretentious (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144315) and Humble-Derkaderka (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144458) (because I don't know who is better)

---------------------------------

Not plot-heavy at all, but who cares!!

Furry military bunnies FTW!!

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 07-18-2010, 05:12 AM
This was amazing! It's just so ridiculous, but so serious at the same time.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-18-2010, 06:17 AM
This was amazing! It's just so ridiculous, but so serious at the same time.

I just realised something.

Those headsets....

-do absolutely nothing!!

You Copy?

KrayZ33
Sun, 07-18-2010, 07:21 AM
so, whcih group did you guys watch?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-18-2010, 08:00 AM
so, whcih group did you guys watch?

I watched Commie.

Noticed 2 instances where the subs were off (one translation didn't make sense, the other accidentally swapped 2 lines around). Overall quality was fine.

tystic
Sun, 07-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Pretentious, some things were liberally translated but it didn't seem too bad.

I was ROFL when he said all the stuff on the gun was cool. Even the average redneck knows better than that!

KrayZ33
Sun, 07-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Pretentious is good imho, I'll watch their releases

I read on Anidb that they added radio-noises

is that true?

depthcharge
Mon, 07-19-2010, 11:28 AM
I was smiling the entire session. The novelty of having rabbit and donkey pro-combatants is unexpected. Good graphic, plain old fodder destruction.

What would be funnier? Pig piloting Apache.

animus
Mon, 07-19-2010, 04:18 PM
They're camels.

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-19-2010, 07:32 PM
i thought this was pretty disappointing. if i wanted to watch some virtuous soldier stereotypes shooting a bunch of inept terrorists / Russians / Nazis, I'd watch just about any run of the mill action movies from the past twenty years.

the dialogue and characters were just about identical to any 'good guys are outnumbered but have to make a move' action scene, with the one and only difference being the camel and rabbit thing.

it also seemed to me that although they did get alot of action and animation, there were times where these pockets of silence would float up because there was simply nothing to say. it doesn't bode well when people can't come up with 22 minutes of dialogue, 11 minutes of which is explosions and gunfire.

wasn't this thing supposed to be funny? seriously, if you're going to go out on a limb and make the Arabic bad guys into camels, why stop there? why not have them eating the blood of the unbelievers? where is the fat, american pig with his monocle and the beaver in a suit and a bad English accent? how can you fail to make this funny? it was begging for some comedy.

a complete and utter waste of time. the 2 minute trailer / preview is enough to convey all this 'animated series' has to offer.

animus
Mon, 07-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Looks like someone's taking something called Cat Shit One a little too seriously.

depthcharge
Tue, 07-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Try a couple episode of South Park, should solve part of your problem.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-20-2010, 02:58 AM
wasn't this thing supposed to be funny? seriously, if you're going to go out on a limb and make the Arabic bad guys into camels, why stop there? why not have them eating the blood of the unbelievers? where is the fat, american pig with his monocle and the beaver in a suit and a bad English accent? how can you fail to make this funny? it was begging for some comedy.

Each animal species represents a different nationality. Rabbits are American. (Possible play on USA-gi)

KrayZ33
Tue, 07-20-2010, 09:21 AM
how can you fail to make this funny?

how can you fail to see the funniness!!

and first of all... it it really supposed to be "funny" like some (shitty) comedy series?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-20-2010, 09:25 AM
how can you fail to see the funniness!!

Seeing chubby bunny thighs flip-flopping around the place is all the funny I need. :D

depthcharge
Tue, 07-20-2010, 10:21 AM
If you need to explain funny, its not funny. I was smiling all the way except when I re-watch it just for the heck of it.