PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 502

Marik
Thu, 07-15-2010, 05:22 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tyj5wiygzngo54g) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/hlnd8k) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/18388702/2)

joker-kun
Thu, 07-15-2010, 05:37 PM
It's nice to finally see a hit land on Madara.

Maybe we will see Naruto do the same thing when/if he kills him.

toonice714
Thu, 07-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Finally we get to see th fourth live up to his legend! Eventhough the outcome of this battle obvious I hope its prolonged to see some more of his techs.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Minato is so fucking awesome.

I would greatly enjoy a manga based on Minato and Kushina instead of Naruto and Sasuke.

animus
Thu, 07-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Outcome is clear, but it's still pretty awesome to see Minato in action. I was afraid I was gonna be a bit disappointed by how he fights.

rockmanj
Thu, 07-15-2010, 06:08 PM
That fight was BAD ASS. Actually I don't think it would be good for naruto to gain he thunder god technique. It's more interesting if he uses his own way of fighting.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 07-15-2010, 06:42 PM
G DAMN!!!! That was epic.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 07-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Woooahh momma the 4th is by far the most interesting of the narutoverse

DB_Hunter
Thu, 07-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Now that guy actually looks as though he could be Kakashi's teacher

poopdeville
Thu, 07-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I sort of expected a battle of Space-Time jutsu between Madara and Minato or Naruto (eventually). Popping in and out of existence, trying to time a fatal attack. I was surprised to see that Minato wasn't using Sage Mode, but I guess his Yellow Flash attack gives him more speed than Sage Mode could.

The trick with the kunai was awesome.

deadlydreamx
Thu, 07-15-2010, 09:17 PM
When was it stated that minato knew how to control sage chakra?

poopdeville
Thu, 07-15-2010, 09:20 PM
When was it stated that minato knew how to control sage chakra?

It wasn't, but I thought he would have control, since he was Jiraiya's student and Naruto's father. (You "just" need to have big chakra for Sage Mode to work, and it's one of Konoha's strongest weapons. So why wouldn't he have it?)

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Minato: "My only chance is to trade blows with him. Whoever hits just slightly first wins"

Then he goes ahead and uses a technique in which he doesn't get hit at all. Lol, and win xD. I'm actually surprised at how awesome this is. He has an attitude like Spiderman's. And if that kind of tactic is part of his usual fighting MO, Naruto already inherited his father's fighting spirit. Certainly didn't inherit his quick analytical abilities though. You'd think he did fighting Pain, but that slug was feeding him information 2 people died for.

rockmanj
Thu, 07-15-2010, 11:09 PM
It wasn't, but I thought he would have control, since he was Jiraiya's student and Naruto's father. (You "just" need to have big chakra for Sage Mode to work, and it's one of Konoha's strongest weapons. So why wouldn't he have it?)

What? That assumption makes no sense at all. It's pretty much taught by the frogs, or so I thought. Even though Jiraiya was his teacher, I wouldn't expect sage mode fighting.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Doesn't Itachi look a bit too old?
he seems like a teenager already, and not like an eight years old boy.

and the facial markings...

depthcharge
Thu, 07-15-2010, 11:53 PM
I didnt think that I would like this chapter but I did. The performance that the 4th Hokage did was pretty good up to this moment.

poopdeville
Fri, 07-16-2010, 12:11 AM
What? That assumption makes no sense at all. It's pretty much taught by the frogs, or so I thought. Even though Jiraiya was his teacher, I wouldn't expect sage mode fighting.

Yeah, the frogs teach it. But Minato presumably had the chakra capacity (since he's Naruto's father) and Jiraiya knew it (since he was Minato's teacher). And he was trusted enough to become Hokage. So why wouldn't he have one of Konoha's strongest weapons if he could? That's what I thought, anyway.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 07-16-2010, 01:25 AM
This chapter was pretty sweet, Just as Ai had hoped. =D

Y
Fri, 07-16-2010, 01:41 AM
It's interesting that here, "Uchiha Madara" won't identify himself and the current guy will go out of his way to namedrop himself to pretty much fucking anyone.

Good chapter, especially how badass Minato is. Was Madara trying to capture him in his weird alternate universe thing he later used to store Sasuke? Why would he want to capture the 4th anyway?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 07-16-2010, 02:00 AM
It's interesting that here, "Uchiha Madara" won't identify himself and the current guy will go out of his way to namedrop himself to pretty much fucking anyone.

Good chapter, especially how badass Minato is. Was Madara trying to capture him in his weird alternate universe thing he later used to store Sasuke? Why would he want to capture the 4th anyway?

Maybe he wanted to take the 4th somewhere he was familiar with to gain an advantage? And at this point who else could it be that has the same powers as Madara? I mean he does name drop now, but maybe that is because he knows that no one can stop him now? Where as before he kept his existence a secret. Also keep in mind that no one can know he is alive yet since he hasn't helped Itachi wipe out the Uchiha clan yet,

Assertn
Fri, 07-16-2010, 02:09 AM
He wanted to get Minato out of the way long enough for the Fox to conclude its rampage, as, according to Minato, Madara would only be able to keep him summoned for a short time.

Interesting chapter indeed, it was pretty cool to see Minato actually DO something.
There's a pretty obvious reason why Minato would never use sage mode: It simply isn't compatible with his fighting style at all. Remember, the whole trick to achieving sage mode is to stay still and concentrate on the flow of natural energy for a duration of time. Sounds like a huge detriment to a ninja whose talent lies in teleporting all over the place, no?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 07-16-2010, 02:33 AM
He wanted to get Minato out of the way long enough for the Fox to conclude its rampage, as, according to Minato, Madara would only be able to keep him summoned for a short time.

Interesting chapter indeed, it was pretty cool to see Minato actually DO something.
There's a pretty obvious reason why Minato would never use sage mode: It simply isn't compatible with his fighting style at all. Remember, the whole trick to achieving sage mode is to stay still and concentrate on the flow of natural energy for a duration of time. Sounds like a huge detriment to a ninja whose talent lies in teleporting all over the place, no?

That is a good point, he does move around quite a bit. Also I thought that the little old frog said that only Jiraya and Naruto could endure the Sage training because they had a mass amount of Chakra, maybe he was only saying that because the 4th died before he could even start the training.

Tofu #2
Fri, 07-16-2010, 02:58 AM
It's nice to finally see a hit land on Madara.

Maybe we will see Naruto do the same thing when/if he kills him.

well, there was danzo's bodyguard with the virus thing.

I think if the 4th was sent to that universe, he wouldn't have been able to teleport out, and wouldn't have been able to interfere with Madara.

FireEmblem
Fri, 07-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Actually I would think that Minato's space/time jutsu would make achieving sage mode EASIER. He could just teleport away, gather chakra, and teleport back to a fight. Not every opponent can chase after him, after-all. However, I did not expect him to know Sage Mode anyway. =p

Good chapter anyway! Though the encounter felt like it was missing a little flair to me. Good to know that the 2nd hokage knew space/time ninjutsu as well though. Basically proving that Orochimaru's little dolls were shit compared to their real counterparts. Or that Kishi can be pretty dumb.

Archangel
Fri, 07-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Minato must be japanese for whitebeard

That was just unbelievably awesome, but i can't shake the feeling the Tobi will find a way out of it somehow

darkshadow
Fri, 07-16-2010, 05:09 AM
And another attack from the games makes it into the manga ( Minato teleport rasengan), this just solidifies even more that kishi is a consultant for them.

But yeah awesome chapter, it seems minato has a pretty large chakra pool himself, that or the space time jutsu's require little chakra.

Archangel
Fri, 07-16-2010, 05:18 AM
And another attack from the games makes it into the manga ( Minato teleport rasengan), this just solidifies even more that kishi is a consultant for them.

Meh, it was a pretty obvious application of both jutsus though

Also didn't ultimate ninja cheat a bit? I recall that he didn't really teleport towards a seal, just automatically behind them

Carnage
Fri, 07-16-2010, 05:38 AM
Meh, it was a pretty obvious application of both jutsus though

Also didn't ultimate ninja cheat a bit? I recall that he didn't really teleport towards a seal, just automatically behind them

There was a seal on the kunai he threw.

Archangel
Fri, 07-16-2010, 05:41 AM
On one special yeah, i'm talking about his rasengan where he just popped up behind you if you charged it to the max

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-16-2010, 07:01 AM
sorry. I can't resist.
I also can't directly link to 1:39 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1bCXFLKdY).

so yeah.

darkshadow
Fri, 07-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Yes a tiny bit, but this could be overseen as in the specials he plants a seal on the opponent. You could just see it as the opponent having one of those seals on them the whole fight.

I guess throwing a kunai before hand would just make the move inescapable/overpowered, and for gameplay purposes they just made it easier to dodge.

But yeah I just mentioned that because in an interview for ultimate ninja 2 I think it was, CC2 mentioned they consult with kishi for every move they want to put in it.

Archangel
Fri, 07-16-2010, 07:08 AM
sorry. I can't resist.
I also can't directly link to 1:39 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1bCXFLKdY).

so yeah.

Goku was much more awesome though, he teleported right in front of him and blasted his face off

darkshadow
Fri, 07-16-2010, 07:18 AM
more awesome guile theme version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nul6-0VxGw&hd=1#t=01m03s)

>_>

rockmanj
Fri, 07-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Actually I would think that Minato's space/time jutsu would make achieving sage mode EASIER. He could just teleport away, gather chakra, and teleport back to a fight. Not every opponent can chase after him, after-all. However, I did not expect him to know Sage Mode anyway. =p

I don't know if teleporting away to gather sage chakra would be a good idea, since it seems to take some time to do. I think the Nightcrawler-esque style he uses is just fine; ridiculous even, but in a good way. I really like how his style contrasts with Naruto, even though they have a few similarities. Naruto with access to crazy teleporting powers would be absolute overkill, although I do agree that something should be done to increase his speed.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-16-2010, 09:04 AM
There's nothing stopping frogs from fusing with Minato to gather sage chakra while he fights.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 07-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah but you don't want clones from generation to generation. It's good if Minato doesn't know the Sage arts, it means he has his own unique style of fighting. Remember he developed the Rasengan himself so he must have done it to add to his armoury and hence his own fighting style.

I think what would be cool is if Naruto learnt some sealing techniques, as that would def take him on to another level. If he could learn how to seal up say the tailed beasts or some bloodline limit (Sharingan pehaps) then he would def be a legendary fighter in his own right.

Archangel
Sun, 07-18-2010, 07:03 PM
About this page

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/18388702/12

Were we ever told that the second hokage was good with space-time jutsus?

UChessmaster
Sun, 07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
About this page

Where we ever told that the second hokage was good with space-time jutsus?

OMG tobi = 2nd Hokage!

poopdeville
Sun, 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM
About this page

Where we ever told that the second hokage was good with space-time jutsus?

Kakashi Gaiden?

Sidnne
Mon, 07-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Kakashi Gaiden?

Remember what I told you about reading other people's posts over and over again before you comment on them?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 07-19-2010, 12:28 PM
The rivalry continues.

Isn't it implied since he can, ya know, teleport. That hes a space time master?

poopdeville
Mon, 07-19-2010, 01:07 PM
I put him on ignore. He can talk at himself all he wants.

Jman
Wed, 07-21-2010, 05:14 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tyj5wiygzngo54g) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/hlnd8k) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/18388702/2)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5861/greatchapter.jpg

Assertn
Wed, 07-21-2010, 12:25 PM
dude. can of worms.

animus
Wed, 07-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Whats with all this shit that Kishimoto is giving the 2nd Hokage. First he was this super Water user which is awesome by itself, but then he gave him the death revival jutsu's and shit, and now he's randomly giving him these space time jutsu's as well? Wtf?