PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 168

Marik
Thu, 07-15-2010, 06:13 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 168 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143881) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143879)

Patriot
Thu, 07-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Really great episode. Fantastic conversation with the Fourth Hokage and confirming what we always thought. I agree with Lunatic Cat. Five seconds can seem like hours in Anime, one only needs to refer to the un-referable anime to know about that. (heheh)

The fight was simple and to the point assuming its over, but its great to see Naruto with confidence. The line, "I'm the son of the fourth hokage, so I can handle it" 20 seconds after he finds out is epic.

Also, it makes what Neiji said all those years back true. He was just talking to the wrong kid. A random scrub will almost always be a random scrub. Neiji just didn't know he was talking to the son of the Hokage.

LunaticCat
Thu, 07-15-2010, 07:02 AM
The way he defeated Pain was very Naruto-like, wasn't it?
But did you ever notice that 5 secs are pretty long in animes and movies? ;)

In the Preview he activated Kyuubi-Power... If that means he is now able to control it, I hope he won't stop using Sage-Mode. Would be a shame.

ASSpirine
Thu, 07-15-2010, 07:39 AM
I really expected Naruto to throw the rasenshuriken to the treetop where Nagato was when he used the smoke bombs. Still, nice of Naruto. We got to see a Taiju kage bunshin again, have a feeling that has been a while already

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-15-2010, 09:14 AM
HINATA!!! :o

Mugen
Thu, 07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
HINATA!!! :o

lol my reaction too when we found out her injuries weren't fatal

this was a great episode, no complaints

Penner
Thu, 07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
this was a great episode, no complaints

That pretty much sums it up ^_^

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Awesome episode. Everything inside Naruto was great stuff. Very moving.

I just realized how much Rasenshuriken is basically a Destructo Disk. Naruto's next upgrade needs to be to learn how to control it in midflight. I'm sure a 4th clone will be required.

Anway, looks like Madara WAS lying when he told Sasuke that the Kyuubi attacking Konoha was just a natural disaster. Which means it IS Madara's fault that the Uchiha got wiped out since Konoha suspected(rightfully) that an Uchiha was controlling the Kyuubi.

Also, not sure I follow the Sage mode math used in this episode. Previously, Naruto summons his first clone, then proceeds to use a Rasenshuriken and Rasengan Barrage against Pain. He then loses Sage mode. Then he goes Kyuubi. And when he comes out of Kyuubi, he's in Sage mode?

He said he lost his other clone due to the Kyuubi disrupting his chakra, so where did that Sage chakra come from?

Or....did the sage chakra from his clone return to him when it was destroyed even though it was far away?

...I guess that would make sense...

lol my reaction too when we found out her injuries weren't fatalThey showed that she was alive in the previous episode.

As expected, since only Naruto's teachers die. *sage nod*

Also, it makes what Neiji said all those years back true. He was just talking to the wrong kid. A random scrub will almost always be a random scrub. Neiji just didn't know he was talking to the son of the Hokage.Huh...now that you mention it, that is kind of a broken Aesop...

Nobody tell Neji, he might go back to being an ass.

LunaticCat
Thu, 07-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Huh...now that you mention it, that is kind of a broken Aesop...

Nobody tell Neji, he might go back to being an ass.
but still - "a dropout can beat a genius with training".
Naruto is the son of the 4th but he was an outsider, so it doesn't matter. Thats what I think ;) It's the message that count's

Azonalanthious
Thu, 07-15-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm suprised no one mentioned the line "I sealed HALF the nine-tail's chakra inside you" Makes me think and wonder about a number of things, most notably when we are going to see naruto's half fight the other half cuz you know its gonna happen. And just how tough the fox was if we've still only seen a portion of half of his power.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-15-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm suprised no one mentioned the line "I sealed HALF the nine-tail's chakra inside you" Makes me think and wonder about a number of things, most notably when we are going to see naruto's half fight the other half cuz you know its gonna happen. And just how tough the fox was if we've still only seen a portion of half of his power.I don't think the other half is inside Naruto. Wouldn't that be the part the 4th took with him to hell?

I dunno....they need to explain that technique better...

redcat
Thu, 07-15-2010, 07:02 PM
being nailed into the ground is no problem, but a normal rasengan is just too much to bear apparently

Azonalanthious
Thu, 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
I don't think the other half is inside Naruto. Wouldn't that be the part the 4th took with him to hell?

I dunno....they need to explain that technique better...

No, I don't think its in him either. But I'm not certain its in hell either (or even if it is, that it will stay there).

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-15-2010, 08:14 PM
No, I don't think its in him either. But I'm not certain its in hell either (or even if it is, that it will stay there).

Money's on Madara having the other half.

Talking about Neji, didn't he just go "Hinata.. sama?!"

UChessmaster
Thu, 07-15-2010, 08:38 PM
The other half is inside Sasuke ;)

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-15-2010, 10:06 PM
The other half was eaten by the Death God along with the 4th's soul....don't you guys pay attention.

That was the big question when the 3rd used the technique on Oro and said it was the same one used to seal the Kyuubi. If the technique sends the user and his target to the death god, how did the Kyuubi get sealed inside Naruto?

Now it's obvious the 4th sealed half inside Naruto and took the other half with him into death.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 07-15-2010, 10:30 PM
The other half was eaten by the Death God along with the 4th's soul....don't you guys pay attention.

And Orochimaru's arms. Hell must be getting crowded.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 07-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Still one of my favorite lines:

"I'm the son...of the Fourth Hokage...so I can handle it."

He just now realizes this and his reaction goes from mad, to "hell yeah". Classic.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-16-2010, 01:42 AM

He just now realizes this and his reaction goes from mad, to "hell yeah". Classic.

He sounded a bit embarrassed. I thought it was sweet-ish. Naruto has never had a chance to act like this before.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 07-16-2010, 01:56 AM
He sounded a bit embarrassed. I thought it was sweet-ish. Naruto has never had a chance to act like this before.

See and I took it as being rather 'smug' more so than embarrassed.

depthcharge
Fri, 07-16-2010, 03:30 AM
Lets see the last person who publicly got dissed for saying something similar.

"I am a British I can take it"(might be paraphrased)

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-16-2010, 05:05 AM

He just now realizes this and his reaction goes from mad, to "hell yeah". Classic.It IS pretty goddamn awesome.

Archangel
Sat, 07-17-2010, 03:46 PM
- Hey dad!

*punch to the stomach*

- That's for messing my life up!

Lol, well deserved