View Full Version : The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

Pages : [1] 2

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-10-2010, 01:50 AM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8342/50508.jpg

Alternative titles:
Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu
The Legend of the Heroes of Legend

Plot Summary: Raina Lute is a lazy student of Roland Empire Royal Magician's school. One day, Roland Empire goes to war against a neighboring country Estaboole, and he lost his classmates in the battle. After the war, Lute sets out for a journey to search the relics of a "Legendary Hero" at Emperor Zion Astar's command. And he finds out a deadly curse spreading the continent. -ANN

Links: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11250), Official (http://www.denyuden.jp/)

Commie - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=142630) | 02 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=142631)

Archangel
Sat, 07-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Commie did an impressively shitty job in this one, episode 2 actually had a couple of missing lines

animus
Sat, 07-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Guess I'll wait for a better group.

Kraco
Sat, 07-10-2010, 04:57 PM
I watched Darksoul-Subs's release but it was bad as well. I hope something else appears.

Other than that, it was kind of nice to see and hear Jun "Lelouch" Fukuyama in a lazy guy's role. Though he surely drags along a fierce and cold woman... I'm not sure what exactly Ferris means to him but he greatly suffers from her presence. Doesn't seem like she would look back one if he died.

Archangel
Sat, 07-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Other than that, it was kind of nice to see and hear Jun "Lelouch" Fukuyama in a lazy guy's role. Though he surely drags along a fierce and cold woman... I'm not sure what exactly Ferris means to him but he greatly suffers from her presence. Doesn't seem like she would look back one if he died.

The word you're looking for is bitch, and a violent one at that

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-13-2010, 07:58 PM
The v2's of Commie's first two episodes of were surprisingly watchable.

EnigmaCollective has released the first episode if someone is looking for another group. [EC]The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 01 (1280x720 h264) (http://enigmacollective.fansub-torrents.com/%5BEC%5DThe%20Legend%20of%20the%20Legendary%20Hero es%20-%2001(1280x720%20h264)%5B005046E1%5D.mkv.torrent)

--------------------------------

Even if it is coincidental in that the name of one sounds similar and it is the same VA as the other, Ferris comes off as a combination of Felli and Nina from Chrome Shelled Regios. She's a bitch like Arch said, but you have to admire her martial skill and selfish streak. She's a bad bodyguard, but I suppose she must figure Ryner can handle it.

Furthermore, in the second episode, it seems that the attitude runs in her family. She is devoted to her brother and openly accepts that he will kill her if she disobeys, and her younger sister is just as devoted to her and is a bit of a sadist.

All in all, I enjoyed the politics of this series, and the interactions between Ryner, Ferris, and Sion. The three are "friends" of a sort, but none of them particularly care for the well being of each other. Ferris only protects Sion because she was ordered to do so, and later Sion orders her to "guard" Ryner on their quest. Ryner does nothing to protect Sion, and Sion sends them both off to get killed. Then the two of them both slander him in front of others.

In a way, it reminds of the Slayers movies with Lina and Naga. It might have a good amount of comedy, but it is still a serious fantasy series. A refreshing change from the poor excuse for fantasy (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6546) that has come out lately (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6080) and is more about moe traits (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5635) than anything else.

While a better group would be nice, I'm unquestionably interested in what happens next in the flashback.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Commie - Episode 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144341)

Dark Dragon
Sat, 07-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Wow this show just changed from "kinda ok" to "holy crap that was awesome".

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Im loving this series. The uninterested attitude of Ryner is awesome and fits Jun Fukuyama's voice so well.

I hope we get to see Keifer again in the future. Though I doubt it since she is absent from the opening.

Penner
Sun, 07-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Wow, i was totally expecting something silly from the title of this..

First two eps were kinda average, but the third one was fucking sweeet, good stuff!

Idealistic
Sun, 07-18-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm also enjoying this series.

Though I was wondering.... Why did Kiefer sell them out? So they could run away or what?

Archangel
Sun, 07-18-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm also enjoying this series.

Though I was wondering.... Why did Kiefer sell them out? So they could run away or what?
They were holding her sister hostage, or the idea of her sister to be exact since the actual person was long dead

What i didn't get was why the king awarded Ryner a wish before imprisonment

DarthEnderX
Sun, 07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
That's the stupidest title I've ever heard.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 07-18-2010, 02:34 PM
That's the stupidest title I've ever heard.

At least it's not something totally unrelated like "Bleach".

Archangel
Sun, 07-18-2010, 02:39 PM
At least it's not something totally unrelated like "Bleach".
Bleach is related to Ichigo's hair color who isn't bleached at all but is believed to be so by teachers and classmates

Very simple explanation

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Ryner loves afternoon naps as much as I do.

Awesome.

depthcharge
Fri, 07-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Another series with an eye ability.

Naruto
Lelouch

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Commie - Episode 04 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=146346)

----------------------

I could watch a few more episodes with the sex fiend gag.

Penner
Sun, 07-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Hah that ep was pretty funny with the sex fiend gag and the whole "who's voice is that!?" thing made laugh abit :P

Archangel
Sun, 07-25-2010, 06:11 PM
So is the keeper's daughter the one we saw on episode 1 making a fool of herself?

Kids grow up so fast these days...

Dark Dragon
Sun, 07-25-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't think they are the same person. The daughter is stated to be 3 in this episode and episodes one looks like it was a only a short time in the future.

Archangel
Sun, 07-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Same eye and hair color and both call him by the first name

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Seems like a complete coincidence to me.

Milk (the taboo hunter from the first episode) looks like she is part of the nobility.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-26-2010, 03:28 AM
So is the keeper's daughter the one we saw on episode 1 making a fool of herself?

Kids grow up so fast these days...

Nah, Milk isn't her.

She'd be 5 years old max, though it's more likely that she's still 3, considering the timeline.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:44 AM
[Nipponsei] Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu OP Single - LAMENT ~Yagate Yorokobi wo~ [Yuuki Aira].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Densetsu%20no%20Yuusha%20no%20De nsetsu%20OP%20Single%20-%20LAMENT%20~Yagate%20Yorokobi%20wo~%20%5BYuuki%20 Aira%5D.zip.torrent)

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:54 AM
Do you guys think some sort of romance can develop between Ferris and Le- Ryner? I'm kinda hoping underneath all that tsun is even a little bit of dere.

Archangel
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:57 AM
Hope not, woman's a bitch >_>

I'm sure there's a reason for her bitchiness though, I'll see if i like her after we get the details

Dark Dragon
Thu, 07-29-2010, 05:09 AM
Looks like traumatic childhood all around if the ending is any indication. I think she became the way she is as a sort of defense mechanism against her obviously twisted brother.

Archangel
Thu, 07-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Looks like traumatic childhood all around if the ending is any indication. I think she became the way she is as a sort of defense mechanism against her awesomely twisted brother.
Fixed

I'd be more of a fan if he wasn't such a bishie

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-29-2010, 05:32 AM
Do you guys think some sort of romance can develop between Ferris and Le- Ryner? I'm kinda hoping underneath all that tsun is even a little bit of dere.

Romance? Yeah, I'd definitely be expecting something like that.

Hopefully.

@Ark: She said he's the only person to have gone easy on her besides her brother. That puts Ryner in the same category as her brother - if he's not better than her, than at least her equal.

But the thing is, she doesn't like him.He looks (to her) like a sex fiend.

To have such a person prove first hand to be as good as she is pisses her off.

It also explains why she left him to deal with all those traps in the first episode.

If you're so good, you can handle this yourself. mentality

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Isn't it more of a "I know you're good, so you don't really need my help." trust thing?

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:34 PM
@Ark: She said he's the only person to have gone easy on her besides her brother. That puts Ryner in the same category as her brother - if he's not better than her, than at least her equal.
Contrary to Buff, I absolutely hope not. I'm tired of tsundere's paired with heroes. We get to see them everywhere. I think the easiest way to ruin the good adventure they have going here is to get involved romantically. It would destroy the dynamic the two have.

Ryner has Kiefer anyway. I think as both a possibly but unlikely casual antagonist (you never know, she wasn't all that weak on her own) and as a distant/returning romantic interest, she has a lot more potential. We know she's still out there somewhere, just not within the Roland Empire at this time.

I rather prefer Ferris and Ryner as they are, bickering, playing back and forth insults and on occasion attempting to show each other up. Ferris gets joy from upsetting him, and he gets it back in a similar way.

@Buff: I wouldn't consider that a positive. The reason she respects her brother is because she is all too aware that he can kill her in an instant. She doesn't mind dying by his hand out of loyalty, which is why he persuaded her with the destruction of the dango shop.

And her little sister takes after the brother despite her happy-go-lucky attitude. She's a closet sadist for sure.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-29-2010, 09:16 PM
I rather prefer Ferris and Ryner as they are, bickering, playing back and forth insults and on occasion attempting to show each other up. Ferris gets joy from upsetting him, and he gets it back in a similar way.

I really like this dynamic too. What I'm hoping for is for them to develop an emotional bond while maintaining this. Open and straightforward romance stories are boring.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-30-2010, 02:56 AM
I really like this dynamic too. What I'm hoping for is for them to develop an emotional bond while maintaining this. Open and straightforward romance stories are boring.

I'm not expecting them to go all lovey-dovey, but I do think that something would have to change between them. They can try remaining that way (and for the most part I hope they do), but in that case, I'll be expecting some brief moments where they drop their front entirely.

@Ryll: I don't think it's positive neither, but similarly it's not a bad thing. She doesn't sound like she likes weak people, but at the same time, she'd like someone who's strong to "look" it.

lelouch
Sat, 07-31-2010, 10:05 PM
i vote this series go en fuego. starting episode 3 its been great

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-31-2010, 11:35 PM
i vote this series go en fuego.

I don't, because:

1) One single thread makes it easier possible to bump others about new episodes.

2) There appears to be no cross-episode/topic discussions to use the En Fuego's side-thread functions.

3) I don't see the community split between speedsubbers/HQsubbers who are weeks behind and don't want to be spoiled.

Besides, isn't the En Fuego section still around only because someone hasn't slapped all the FMA threads together?

Kraco
Mon, 08-02-2010, 03:25 AM
There isn't anymore enough community here to support en fuego. This thread has 36 replies after five episodes, which hardly indicates heavy discussion. En fuego is likely to disappear once Bud has merged the FMA threads.

I'm quite undecided yet about the Ferris and Ryner relationship. An adventure anime with a romance subplot would be the very definition of my favorite story, but it also assumes the characters are correct for it. As I see it, it would be a difficult development in this case. For all his peace loving ways, Ryner might fear his own past too much to really get close to anybody - he might live in a constant dread he will kill people around him, friends or foes equally. He showed Kiefer in no unambigious terms that he's not interested in deepening their relationship.

I agree with Dark Dragon on Ferris being damaged goods as well. The family is protectors of the kings but in reality that protection is more like assassinations, it seems. The very kings themselves included. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Lucille killed their old man to become the head of the house. Ferris probably became weird to deal with it all. Under such circumstances I wouldn't think it too strange if she never became intimate with any men and left the continuity of the family to some concubines of Lucille.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 08-02-2010, 05:53 AM
The ending implied that Ryner, Ferris and Shion are the three central characters.

I just feel like Ryner has some sort of relationship going on with Keifer (keifar?) and doesn't really think of anyone else. The relation i see between Ryner and Ferris is closer to friendly hostility than anything else. They will probably end up in some sort of trust-partner relationship but i think romance would be weird. If anything, Ferris seems like she would be a better match with Shion if they were to develop a relationship.

The opening also make it seems like Ryner will end up sacrificing himself to save the world or something. "Ah, i can finally take my longest afternoon nap" or something along that line.

Kraco
Mon, 08-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Actually if you think about it, Lucille should want to pair Ferris and Ryner. If the Alpha Stigma is at all hereditary, even Lucille could be proud of a nephew or niece in whom would be combined the magic eyes and Ferris's fighting abilities. Ryner himself would be hardly a threat to the house due to his laziness and how succumbed he is to Ferris's violent whims.

Marik
Tue, 08-03-2010, 08:17 PM
[Commie] The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 05 [27A879A4].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=148629)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-04-2010, 03:37 AM
I wonder what took Commie so long. (I see they were inactive for a while).

I watched a speedsubs some time ago that was pretty bad so I didn't bother posting about it.

I can't quite remember what happened, but I remember thinking that it wouldn't have been too bad if we dwelled on Roland's takeover a bit more and went back to treasure hunting a bit later.

I find Ferris' "Because I'm beautiful" lines pretty funny.

They're funny cuz they're true.

Idealistic
Sun, 08-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Saw a stream of ep 6.... Tsundere!!!

Kraco
Sun, 08-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I find Ferris' "Because I'm beautiful" lines pretty funny.

They're funny cuz they're true.

Yeah, I find her character design really successful, too. Her personality is anything but beautiful, though.

Episode 6v2 - Derp (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=149764)

- - - - - --

The politics are starting to get really dirty in this show. And I love it! Kind of reminds me of Guin. Too bad we didn't actually learn whether Shion also wanted Toaru dead. In any case an especially funny was how Froaude ended up fighting Ryner and Ferris. Good thing his ring's significance was revealed already because I was getting sick of the scenes purposefully showing him blinking it.

Ryner is too good a fellow for not claiming a little payback when Ferris fell unconscious in his arms. You'd think after all that abuse he would bear even a tiny grudge.

Archangel
Sun, 08-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Ferris is turning out be too much of an annoying cunt for me to bear, i hope they redeem her character soon

Marik
Sun, 08-08-2010, 06:32 PM
[Commie] The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 06 [4965EEFD].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=149839)

---

Ryner is too good a fellow for not claiming a little payback when Ferris fell unconscious in his arms. You'd think after all that abuse he would bear even a tiny grudge.

It's just too troublesome for him. He wanted to get some sleep as soon as possible.

Ferris is one tough broad. I thought she was gonna be down for a while with that back wound, but she was back up in no time. I was hoping to see Ryner and Froaude go at it one on one while she was down, but it didn't happen. I would love to see Ryner snap and kill him with the Alpha Stigma.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 08-08-2010, 07:57 PM
What makes you so sure that Ryner didn't do anything when he was treating her wound?

Kraco
Mon, 08-09-2010, 01:54 AM
What makes you so sure that Ryner didn't do anything when he was treating her wound?

Because we didn't see anything, nothing was suggested, and everything was as usual afterwards.

Unless a doujin depicting the whole treatment is released, it's safer to assume nothing happened. Like Marik said, it would have been too troublesome for him. The first instance his laziness annoyed me, haha.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I find her character design really successful, too. Her personality is anything but beautiful, though.

For the sole reason that I'm enjoying Ferris' appearance and receiving zero punishment from her personality, I love watching her, particularly the scenes where she appears slimmer with her armour off.

I thought it was exceptionally funny how the first thing she did after she got back up was punch Ryner in the face.

I agree with you about the politics and the Guin comparison - and this time we don't have to start with a pussy of a prince.

It seemed a tad strange that Alpha Stigma would hurt when Froaude was casting, but didn't hurt later when he was simply observing. One would expect the effect to be consistent.

Sion might really turn out to be the antagonist of this series if he keeps up his "I can't be wrong" mentality. Not that I'd mind it too much.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-09-2010, 03:34 AM
His eyes were probably just not used to it the first time.

I wasn't serious about Ryner doing anything to Ferris.

Yukimura
Mon, 08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Ferris is mad hot but I'm have trouble taking her seriously with the way her 'personality' has been displayed. All I've seen her show any passion for is dumplings, screwing with Ryner, and obeying her brother. She goes well out of her way with respect to the first two which makes me wonder if she's compensating for something or if she's just that vapid and uncaring by nature.

This episode had a glimmer of hope for me near the end when Ferris looked like she might possibly intimate that she somewhat appreciated Ryner not leaving her to bleed to death in the middle of that field. But Ryner, being the ultimate ladies man that he is, seemed to perceive this, acknowledge it with a look of his own, and diffuse the tension of the situation effortlessly. I think this left the proud and stubborn Ferris little cause to reflect on the way she behaves and perhaps develop some more normal social skills with him. While I applaud Ryner for deftly handling the situation without inflicting any overt harm to her ego I didn't like how it strengthened the image of Ferris as being too emotionally weak to openly admit gratitude or give any respect to Ryner despite him earning at least some. That said I suppose it would be somewhat different if she really did have little to no development over the course of the story and continued to simply be self-absorbed and violent for no reason beyond a lack of empathy or compassion.

Marik
Wed, 08-11-2010, 05:31 PM
[Nipponsei] Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu ED Single - Truth Of My Destiny [Ceui].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Densetsu%20no%20Yuusha%20no%20De nsetsu%20ED%20Single%20-%20Truth%20Of%20My%20Destiny%20%5BCeui%5D.zip.torr ent)

Kraco
Sat, 08-14-2010, 02:37 AM
Episode 7 - Derp (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=151014)

- - - - - -- -

A somewhat comedic episode, all in all. Though naturally mixing bloodier elements in as is this show's nature. The whole hunt for the legendary artefact has so far been so... unimpressive that it's hard to view it as a major part of this show. Sion's politics and troubles with the country seem much more meaningful. Especially with Ryner being so lazy he wouldn't want to do anything at all and Ferris being so sadistic she wouldn't want to do anything but torment Ryner.

Hard to see where this show is going if it continues like this for too long.

Marik
Tue, 08-17-2010, 01:01 PM
[Commie] The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 07 [42658D2C].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=152025)

---

Edit: Taka is doing this show now.

[Taka] Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu 01 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=152183) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=152184)

Kraco
Sun, 08-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Episode 8 - Derp (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=153288)

If Taka is indeed doing the series, then it means there's at last a version worth archiving. Derp is barely good enough for watching.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-22-2010, 09:13 PM
1 Skewer Dango: (4pcs)

Weight:70g

Calories:141kcal

Please don't get fat Ferris. :(

Kraco
Mon, 08-23-2010, 02:58 AM
No worries. That much energy is spent quickly in beating Ryner. I'd be more worried about Ryner's finances: He owns nothing but the clothes he's wearing yet he's supposed to pay for a truckload of dango?

This episode also verified (as if it needed such) that Iris is just as crazy as her older sister and brother. The family must have accumulated some really bad genes as well in addition to the good ones that allow them to fight like devils.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-23-2010, 03:24 AM
No worries. That much energy is spent quickly in beating Ryner. I'd be more worried about Ryner's finances: He owns nothing but the clothes he's wearing yet he's supposed to pay for a truckload of dango?

This episode also verified (as if it needed such) that Iris is just as crazy as her older sister and brother. The family must have accumulated some really bad genes as well in addition to the good ones that allow them to fight like devils.

The entire time they were calling Lucile "scary", he was probably watching (and smiling.. always smiling).

I was under the impression that Ryner's expenses were coming from Sion. There's no way someone liked him worked up any savings.

Kraco
Mon, 08-23-2010, 04:58 AM
I was under the impression that Ryner's expenses were coming from Sion. There's no way someone liked him worked up any savings.

I'd be tempted to wonder how long Sion is going to be financing the lazy escapades of those two, but I guess when he received the dagger report, he thought they might still be worth it. Even if he needs to tell them to actually go and secure the dagger, not just throw it away and escape.

The foolishness and comedy surrounding everything Ryner and Ferris do is truly in stark contrast with all the morbid politics going on elsewhere. Maybe that's actually why Sion keeps funding them: Reading their reports (drawn by Iris) must be a real breather compared to the oft vile decisions he must otherwise endure all the time.

Marik
Fri, 08-27-2010, 07:51 PM
[Derp] Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 09 (1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=154402)

Kraco
Sat, 08-28-2010, 04:37 AM
It seemed to me like the audio and video were a little desynced in the episode.

Otherwise it was certainly interesting. Those pink siblings were quite mofos after all, already possessing relics and looking for more, plus knowing full well how to use them. But of course they were entirely unprepared for the power of Ryner's apocalypse mode.

Now I'm looking forward to the next episode to see if Ferris starts to treat Ryner any differently after witnessing first hand how dangerous he can become. To be entirely honest Ferris's fighting skills against the relic wielding chick disappointed me. She seemed quite powerful based on the earlier fights but clearly she needs a relic weapon of her own to power up.

Archangel
Sat, 08-28-2010, 07:09 AM
It seemed to me like the audio and video were a little desynced in the episode.

Otherwise it was certainly interesting. Those pink siblings were quite mofos after all, already possessing relics and looking for more, plus knowing full well how to use them. But of course they were entirely unprepared for the power of Ryner's apocalypse mode.

Now I'm looking forward to the next episode to see if Ferris starts to treat Ryner any differently after witnessing first hand how dangerous he can become. To be entirely honest Ferris's fighting skills against the relic wielding chick disappointed me. She seemed quite powerful based on the earlier fights but clearly she needs a relic weapon of her own to power up.

Same here with the video and audio, derps sucks ass

Agreed, even among the rare group of Alpha Stigma holders Ryner is apparently something special

Yeah... that ain't happening >_>

As for Ferris' power we had already seen that she doesn't have what it takes to take on relic holders, Ryner himself has a tough enough job with them when he isn't in Omega mode

Kraco
Sat, 08-28-2010, 09:31 AM
As for Ferris' power we had already seen that she doesn't have what it takes to take on relic holders, Ryner himself has a tough enough job with them when he isn't in Omega mode

Aye, after thinking about it, for the relics to really be worth looking for, I suppose they indeed need to be so powerful than to face even a semi-skilled user, you either need to have one yourself or be a monster like Ryner. So, to be fair, I probably shouldn't hold it against Ferris.

What comes to be earlier comment about how Ferris might change her view of Ryner, I actually hope she won't change too much, because it would make Ryner feel like even she now considers him a mosnter. The dude certainly doesn't deserve that emotionally even if objectively it's very true. So, I'm half hoping Ferris will simply tell him to buy her a whole load of dango to compensate for all the trouble he caused her in omega mode.

One thing I forget to mention is that it made me glad Ryner didn't allow Iris to hit him but rather snatched her from the air. He allows Ferris to do that (and even seems almost enjoy it), but a man has to retain some dignity.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 08-28-2010, 02:58 PM
So, I'm half hoping Ferris will simply tell him to buy her a whole load of dango to compensate for all the trouble he caused her in omega mode.

That would be really unfair though. In that fight alone (and in the previous battles) Ryner has been saving her ass all the time. She even admitted it in a tsundere way this episode.

Kraco
Sat, 08-28-2010, 03:26 PM
That would be really unfair though. In that fight alone (and in the previous battles) Ryner has been saving her ass all the time. She even admitted it in a tsundere way this episode.

Yeah. I wouldn't object either if she was uncharacteristically nice to him for a little while. I'm only hoping she won't turn genuinely cold (not tsundere cold) or forcibly cordial or agreeable so that Ryner would immediately feel alienated. Although considering Ferris (and the whole family) is made of weirdos, my worry is probably completely baseless.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Oh boy.

I can not put into words the ecstasy I was in upon hearing Fukuyama Jun's deep, depreciating, crazy (Lelouch) voice again.

"Mere insects, Die Disappear!! Mwahahahahahaha!"

/me faints

-------------

Ferris would definitely become one of his "true friends" circle. I don't see her changing in any regard except becoming closer to him. (and that is why next week can not come too soon)

The thing with Ferris too, is that she's an exceptional, but "mere" swords(wo)man. That scythe gave the pink girl the following:

Strength +9000
Opponent speed -10% (20m radius)
Opponent speed/attack -5% per contact

It's like turning on hacks against a skilled FPS player. You'd have to be a dumbass to lose.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Hmm, I can't seem to find any episodes of this not on torrents, or from any of the groups I had been watching.

For the short term, I sadly have to drop this show. I'll pick it up again later when/if the episodes are available.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Hmm, I can't seem to find any episodes of this not on torrents, or from any of the groups I had been watching.

For the short term, I sadly have to drop this show. I'll pick it up again later when/if the episodes are available.

You can use the megaupload DDL links here.

http://www.cyber12.com/page-Densetsu.html

They're all HorribleSubs.

edit: More options available here:

http://www.animetake.com/anime/densetsu-no-yuusha-no-densetsu/

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Well, thanks to Bill and others, I'm caught up again.

I very much enjoy that Ryner and Ferris have a pair of rivals. A series like this isn't complete without some. It is particularly nice that they are not comic relief (I guess that is what Milk is for), and are in many ways more capable than Ferris or standard Ryner. What makes them the most dangerous is that they actually seem to know quite a bit more than Ryner does with the notable exception of what he actually is, and the girl is on par if not better than Ferris thanks to the relic she uses. It also wouldn't surprise me if they had more than the three relics the brother mentioned.

Also, Noa Ehn is hot, we need more of her. I was kind of hoping she would end up being one of Sion's wife(ves), but if they're going to go anywhere romantically with her, I guess it will be with Claugh the White Knight.

Penner
Tue, 08-31-2010, 06:25 PM
Are there any subbers besides Derp still doing this show? or are the other groups just really slow?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Are there any subbers besides Derp still doing this show? or are the other groups just really slow?

They're just slow.

Kraco
Wed, 09-01-2010, 01:07 AM
It also wouldn't surprise me if they had more than the three relics the brother mentioned.

Now they have one less in any case after Ryner annihilated the anti-magic one, along with the dude's hand. That was a great scene.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 09-01-2010, 01:34 AM
I really like how realistically weak the human body is despite the absurd magical elements in this show.

Ferris admitted that if Ryner hadn't stopped her flight after clashing with the scythe girl, she would have died (as any human should). Ferris' previous wound was also handled quite well. The guy who used the dragon relic also had to burn his arm so that he wouldn't die from blood loss after Ryner deleted it. Even with all the powers and whatnot, people still die fairly easily in this series.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Now they have one less in any case after Ryner annihilated the anti-magic one, along with the dude's hand. That was a great scene.

The way Awakened Ryner talked down the comb's hero suggested to me that the entity in Ryner's eye probably lived during, or before the same time as that person as the original Alpha Stigma bearer.

Marik
Sat, 09-04-2010, 07:04 AM
[Derp]​ Legend​ of​ the​ Legendary​ Heroes​ -​ 10​ (1280x720​ x264​ AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=156109)

Kraco
Sat, 09-04-2010, 07:38 AM
I think it was handled quite nicely. I liked Ferris's line that she won't dodge anymore and it's up to Ryner how it all will end. Considering his general level of power, I think she made the right call by deciding he would have killed her a long time ago if he really wanted. Whether that was counting on the Ryner side of the dual personality to actually be able to make decisions or perhaps believing the Alpha Stigma wouldn't want to kill her either, is another question.

In any case Ferris managed to show a considerably gentler side of herself to balance all those whacking scenes. I also got the feeling she didn't do what she did only for the sake of the job at hand but she genuinely appreciates Ryner's company. Good for him.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 09-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Whether that was counting on the Ryner side of the dual personality to actually be able to make decisions or perhaps believing the Alpha Stigma wouldn't want to kill her either, is another question.

I'm sure she was counting on the former.

The Ryner X Ferris pairing reminds me a lot of the Code Geass Lelouch X C.C. pairing. FukuJun's voice greatly emphasizes this impression too.

After seeing the last part of the Ryner rescue scene with Ferris comforting Ryner, I am definitely rooting for further development in their relationship.

Ferris was really bad ass being all calm (like she always is, though I'm not sure if it's all an act or if she naturally has nerves of steel) while facing Ryner in god mode. Ryner could have killed her at any time, considering he can cause giant explosions to happen anywhere at a whim. I also liked the fact that she actually read Ryner's research. While she acted like she didn't give a damn, she knew, and maybe even genuinely believed Ryner's goal and method. It really gave depth to her as a character.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Ferris was really bad ass being all calm (like she always is, though I'm not sure if it's all an act or if she naturally has nerves of steel)

I think she's calm because of her personality, though whether that itself is nature or nurture hasn't been revealed. I honestly think that scene couldn't have been handled any better. It was awesome.

And in a slightly different sense, so was the "other" scene. Claugh's a weird one. You'd think traveling by carriage would be faster than on foot.

The more I watch Froaude, the more I appreciate having him in this story. He's using people left, right and center - even Sion himself to a degree. Sion's integrity checks every time are pretty tense moments, as you have to wonder at what point he'd snap.

Just as Ryner has his Alpha Stigma, Sion has his own double-edged sword to deal with.

The Ryner X Ferris pairing reminds me a lot of the Code Geass Lelouch X C.C. pairing. FukuJun's voice greatly emphasizes this impression too.

That's so true. Complete with Dango Obsession.

Kraco
Sat, 09-04-2010, 09:32 AM
The more I watch Froaude, the more I appreciate having him in this story. He's using people left, right and center - even Sion himself to a degree. Sion's integrity checks every time are pretty tense moments, as you have to wonder at what point he'd snap.

The story definitely needs him. Also Sion needs him, and Sion knows it himself, no matter how much he also hates it. He's too good to do what needs to be done. I'm not sure yet whether Froaude has ambitions of his own or if he has simply concluded he can't be a figurehead himself and thus needs to rise alongside somebody more presentable. Although of course Sion isn't doing what he's doing simply to become a king of an even more powerful nation.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-04-2010, 09:39 AM
The story definitely needs him. Also Sion needs him, and Sion knows it himself, no matter how much he also hates it. He's too good to do what needs to be done. I'm not sure yet whether Froaude has ambitions of his own or if he has simply concluded he can't be a figurehead himself and thus needs to rise alongside somebody more presentable.

I'd say that's definitely the case. He needs continental unification to get what he wants, and one such as himself would never get the support of the people, no matter how able he is. Only Sion can do that, and he's around to accelerate his plans.

I'm hoping to see both sides of this story come together in the grand finale, perhaps having Sion screw up and get one-upped by Froaude, to have Ryner/Ferris lay down the iron hammer with all their relics.

It's funny - what if Froaude is trying to achieve the same thing as Sion (world unification, then maintaining world peace via relics), and he's the one backing the pink siblings' quest.

PS: I loved how Ferris slipped in "manservant" to that list.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 09-04-2010, 10:01 AM
(Depressed+drunk post, so take it with a tbsp of salt)

Ferris X Ryner romantic scene = satisfaction

Sion is a hypocrite. He knows what needs to be done and what he allows Froaude to do. He is just too much of a coward to do it himself. He can do it then just cover it up if he really wants a mint clean image when becoming king. He is certainly capable enough to realize Froaude's plans, so coming up and enacting them himself instead of feigning innocence should be easy enough.

Marik
Sat, 09-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Damn, it seems that the other duo got away. I was hoping Ryner had slaughtered them while he was in berserk mode..

Archangel
Sat, 09-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Damn, it seems that the other duo got away. I was hoping that Ryner had slaughtered them while he was in berserk mode..
Why? They're entertaining, i want to see more of them

Marik
Sat, 09-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Because they are after the same thing, the Hero Relics. Those two didn't have a problem with taking out other people that saw the dragon, or with trying to take out Ryner and Ferris to accomplish their goal. Ryner should be the same way, instead of being a lazy, timid, manservant. Eliminate all opposition.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 09-04-2010, 11:02 AM
But Ryner wouldn't be Ryner if he wasn't a lazy timid manservant. I'd imagine that it's only possible to bring him back from God Mode simply because his personality is that way.

Kraco
Sat, 09-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Sion is a hypocrite. He knows what needs to be done and what he allows Froaude to do. He is just too much of a coward to do it himself. He can do it then just cover it up if he really wants a mint clean image when becoming king. He is certainly capable enough to realize Froaude's plans, so coming up and enacting them himself instead of feigning innocence should be easy enough.

It could be he indeed is afraid to do it himself. But if that's the case, he also knows it himself. And that means he's no hypocrite. Besides, from what we have seen, he's always at work. When would he even have time to go around enacting fell deeds like Froaude is doing? I reckon it's enough he knows full well Froaude is wicked and he knowingly allows it and it's on his conscience. A hypocrite would try to convince himself he has no idea what's going on.

Ryner should be the same way, instead of being a lazy, timid, manservant. Eliminate all opposition.

Sion would have never hired him in that case and we wouldn't have a story to watch.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 09-04-2010, 06:49 PM
I guess the rest of my earlier post was saying something else. My comments about him did not support him being a hypocrite, but rather just a coward.

Still, simply acting in contradiction to your stated beliefs or feelings (it doesn't have to be your actual feelings) already makes you a hypocrite.

Sion makes people believe he is a nice guy (including most of his subordinates and friends, maybe even himself to a lesser degree) but he knowingly lets Froaude do his dirty work. He criticizes the underhanded tactics of the other nobles, but forgives Froaude if such acts were done for his goal.

Kraco
Sun, 09-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Sion's goal is not to appear as a nice guy but to build a strong nation free of the current oppression by the nobles. However, he must appear as a much better man than the nobles for that to happen. But it's still a tool, nothing more. I'd say his true self was best shown by how he reacted to the assistant's murder.

Marik
Fri, 09-10-2010, 06:10 PM
[Derp] Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 11 (1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=157583)

Kraco
Sat, 09-11-2010, 04:13 AM
Sion having locked his plans was the only concrete thing in this episode. I'm not sure what the whole escapade of Ryner wanting to save the kid brings to the story. It's not like we didn't already know he strongly sympathises with the ordinary folk and their suffering. Unless this somehow ends up developing the Alpha stigma lore, it's a bit wasted time. Their travels should be about finding artefacts, after all. And eating dango.

David75
Sat, 09-11-2010, 04:54 AM
Sion having locked his plans was the only concrete thing in this episode. I'm not sure what the whole escapade of Ryner wanting to save the kid brings to the story. It's not like we didn't already know he strongly sympathises with the ordinary folk and their suffering. Unless this somehow ends up developing the Alpha stigma lore, it's a bit wasted time. Their travels should be about finding artefacts, after all. And eating dango.

Ryner is in an initiatic journey. And his Alfa Stigma might very well be the ultimate Hero relic, that is when he fully controls it, hence the journey. After all, the hero relics found up to know can't really compete with his Godmode.
And Sion probably sent him on that path because he intuitively felt it. He also probably knows that Ryner could be the one ruling his utopian world freed of war and misconduct.

It's just that it does not work well with the tough world we've been shown, filled with death and violence everyone uses so easily, even the "good ones". So I guess my manichean idea can't happen.

Kraco
Sat, 09-11-2010, 06:09 AM
I suppose if they really sideline the relics and make it into a half spiritual journey to develop Ryner, then it would make a whole lot of sense. I'm not sure what Sion intended, but for now I'm quite sure he really wanted to find relics and also probably wanted to keep Ryner sharp enough to be of any use, should the need arise. Maybe he even foresaw Ferris tough and fit enough to stick with Ryner through all the troubles. It would have ended pretty badly for Ryner if his companion had abandoned him.

However, I doubt Sion thought Ryner would lead the country. He might have written a nice book but otherwise his hardly suitable. Too lazy and people would be afraid of him.

David75
Sat, 09-11-2010, 07:58 AM
To me the relics and the journey to find them is only an excuse for something else. Because when in action they were not that amazing, even if useful. Also, their screen time and explanations around them are scarce. Last but not least, Ferris and Ryner do not seem that dedicated to finding and understanding them as were the two ones they had a fight with. So the replacement for the relics that is readily available is Ryner or another Alpha Stigma even more powerful and totally controllable.
Last part was weak I know, Ryner isn't cut to be a leader.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Ryner isn't cut to be a leader, but Sion recognised his usefulness from the get go. Upon reading his book, it confirms that Ryner has the head, wits and vision for a peaceful world - only problem is that he doesn't carry it out, but instead takes on the "if everyone does nothing, we'd be well off" mentality instead due to his laziness (or his belief that one person can not make a difference).

I'm not sure if Sion sent him on this journey to simply gather these relics, or if there was a deeper meaning like David suggested. I think somehow Sion thinks Ryner will play a bigger part in this.

The only problem is that Ryner's God-Mode is different from regular Alpha Stigmas, and it shouldn't be something Sion would know about. It pretty much took an Alpha Stigma Hunter to figure that out, and we just saw this episode that so-called "researchers" aren't that great neither.

It irks me to see Ryner use his spells so inefficiently. His speed-booster wore off and never came back on, (unless they simply dropped the visual effects) while he didn't even try to surprise anybody with a variety of spells. It's not like they can learn anything from you.

Ferris' insults have been much kinder lately. Her voice, expression, the way she observes him to make sure he's alright (aka worrying/caring), everything. The horse slave driving scene in the preview suggests otherwise though :p

btw, are the OP/ED of Derp's releases playing funny for you all? It skips for me.

Kraco
Sun, 09-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Ferris' insults have been much kinder lately. Her voice, expression, the way she observes him to make sure he's alright (aka worrying/caring), everything. The horse slave driving scene in the preview suggests otherwise though

It seems to me she's now more friendly and considerate most of the time but still goes back to her old ways whenever Ryner happens to show higher laziness or absent-mindedness, or when the mood of the situation otherwise calls for it. Since I consider the violent and abusive state to be her natural one, I suppose she's keeping herself in check more than before, for his sake. Maybe she can even change. Who knows.

btw, are the OP/ED of Derp's releases playing funny for you all? It skips for me.

I didn't notice anything with DXVA.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-12-2010, 05:09 AM
It seems to me she's now more friendly and considerate most of the time but still goes back to her old ways whenever Ryner happens to show higher laziness or absent-mindedness, or when the mood of the situation otherwise calls for it.

Yeah, that's a better way of putting it.

It's almost as if she feels a bit of pity for him and hold back, but whenever his laziness counterbalances that enough, she'll lash out. (Even then though, it looks like she's taking it all into consideration. The horse driving scene though.. she's enjoying it from the bottom of her heart!)

Kraco
Sun, 09-12-2010, 06:23 AM
It would be pretty sad if she changed totally, I'd say. After all, it's evident she enjoyed abusing Ryner and Ryner didn't seem to mind too much (keeping in mind this is anime and even grotesque slapstick never leaves anybody damaged). It might have been the most honest companionship Ryner ever experienced. I said it already before but if she had completely changed and started to be wary in his (mostrous) company, Ryner would have definitely felt he lost something.

But it's jolly good there's some gentleness in her behavior now, even if it was derived from pity like you said.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Rather than pity, it might be possible that she sees some part of herself in Ryner, which causes her to act nicer now.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Rather than pity, it might be possible that she sees some part of herself in Ryner, which causes her to act nicer now.

Pity was too strong a word, definitely, but I can't think of an appropriate substitute. Even sympathy doesn't quite do it. The word I was looking for was along the lines of "He's had it tough so I want to cut him some slack" - without the objective judgement but an emotional response.

I can certainly see your "see herself in him" point. Ferris' personality and combat/status superiority could very potentially cause her to be alienated from anyone during childhood.(in any sense, her childhood can't be too happy judging from that ED). She's rather lucky to have Iris worshipping her.

Kraco
Thu, 09-16-2010, 03:32 PM
After watching the first three Taka subs, I'm of the opinion they are no better at all than Derp. They have badly lacking QC and also otherwise fail to impress me. I'll watch EC's ep 4 and judge whether to stick to them after all, now that they are again releasing. Their releases are 576p instead of 720p, though.

EC's video quality was dull and lustless so I'm not getting them either. Maybe their subs and nicely encoded 720p video would be nice. But I'm far too damn lazy to make such muxs for every damn episode. I'll just keep Derps with all their faults, I guess.

A good series cursed by mediocre subs.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Derp does an alright job, and I'm happy to watch them on a weekly basis. I won't bother updating them with anything better unless there is a considerable improvement to justify it. That said, I'd be very glad for such a sub to appear. Maybe Gotwoot may consider it. (wink wink)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Someone put HorribleSubs' subs onto a 720p source.

Episode 12 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=159253)

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 09-18-2010, 01:36 PM
I am looking forward to the next episode. Looks like this guy also has some serious relics.

Marik
Sat, 09-18-2010, 02:31 PM
[Derp] Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 12 (1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=159349)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-18-2010, 10:34 PM
I am looking forward to the next episode. Looks like this guy also has some serious relics.

It seems that ice scythe relic not only freezes your opponents, but also your personality, no matter how bubbly you originally were. That said, it's great that there's some dynamics going on between our pink duo besides the fake-smile/badass modes.

Lucile is hax, which I'm totally cool with.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 09-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Commie subs are out but nobody has posted them. I would but my posted links never work. :(

Quality looks awesome from Commie. :D

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Commie subs are out but nobody has posted them. I would but my posted links never work. :(

If only they can pump stuff out a little bit faster and be less prone to delays.

This is arguably my most anticipated show on a weekly basis at the moment.

@Shadowskill: You can either copy the direct torrent link as is, and just label it separately, or attach it to its label as a hyper link.

Marik
Sun, 09-19-2010, 10:21 AM

Legend of the Legendary Heroes 08 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=158319)
Legend of the Legendary Heroes 09
(http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=158515)Legend of the Legendary Heroes 10
(http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=158646)Legend of the Legendary Heroes 11 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=158988)

Archangel
Mon, 09-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Anyone else felt that there were some weird father/son dynamics going on in there? Me thinks the old guy was into bishies >_>

Also i found the last 2 episodes pretty boring, i want more of Omega Ryner

Kraco
Mon, 09-20-2010, 12:41 PM
When I watched this episode, it seemed to me like Ferris has gone back to her earlier personality of mercilessly torturing Ryner without a second thought. I find that somewhat sad because it didn't anymore look funny at all, after having already entertained myself with the idea of their relationship having developed a bit after the Omega incident. It was like a reset now.

Yes, Archie. I'm happy that old lecher died. It was most certainly weird, even if you take into account they are living in a more old-fashioned world.

Marik
Sat, 09-25-2010, 06:36 PM
[Derp] Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 13 (1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=160792)

[Commie] The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 12 [46366A6B].​mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=160537)

Kraco
Sun, 09-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Sion seems to have a troublesome final(?) opponent but on the other hand, there might be nothing left of him by the time they meet. It seemed like the sword was powerful also normally but the price to pay for the bigger attack was quite heavy. No wonder the king is looking for other sources of power if the goofy couple indeed was working for him (as I understood it, but then again, I have hard time remembering all the nation names of this series).

I found it quite annoying the scythe wielding girl was able to match Ryner's haste powered movements. But I guess Ferris got pretty close to that as well, back then. In any case Ryner needs more spells. It doesn't look like he can put up much of a fight with his current repertoire.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-26-2010, 03:13 AM
He is way too lazy, With his sharingan, he'd be broken if he really tried learning all the spells he could in his travels.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Sion seems to have a troublesome final(?) opponent but on the other hand, there might be nothing left of him by the time they meet. It seemed like the sword was powerful also normally but the price to pay for the bigger attack was quite heavy. No wonder the king is looking for other sources of power if the goofy couple indeed was working for him (as I understood it, but then again, I have hard time remembering all the nation names of this series).

Same. I'd like to see a map of everything actually, since the politics are a bit hard to understand (or see the significance of) without knowing where each country is and how Gastark's invasion is going. (So far I've got Roland, Stohl, Estabul, Luna and Gastark)

There's also the fact that Roland is having a civil war, and different parties are co-operating with other parties from various nations which may or may not represent the view/stance of that entire nation.

And it seems every Hero King has golden armour and a sword of astronomical power.

Quick wiki tells me that this series of light novels (and its sequels) have all been wrapped up. That's awesome news for me, since it'd be really nice to have a long run of this series.

edit: Really digging Ferris' red outfit.

animus
Sun, 09-26-2010, 03:29 PM
So how far is the anime currently in the general timeline of the series?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-26-2010, 08:12 PM
So how far is the anime currently in the general timeline of the series?

(If it was directed at me) I really don't know.

Archangel
Mon, 09-27-2010, 05:12 AM
The new opening is pretty horrible, their budget must be failing them by now

This whole situation is pretty stupid, both kings of Roland and Gastark hate war and strive for peace and yet are each other's enemies? Someone needs to introduce diplomacy to both these kingdoms

Part of me want Kiefer and Ryner to meet up again so she can see how he traded up :P

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-27-2010, 06:17 AM
The new opening is pretty horrible, their budget must be failing them by now

This whole situation is pretty stupid, both kings of Roland and Gastark hate war and strive for peace and yet are each other's enemies? Someone needs to introduce diplomacy to both these kingdoms

Well, diplomacy can fail as well. I really can't say what's easier to break out - war or civil war. At least with one of them the parties, resources and armies aren't conveniently lined up for you.

So far Gastark's recruting countries with fear, but I'm not sure exactly what Roland is doing. They've only managed to take in Estabul, and that was originally one of their "underling" countries in the first place.

Archangel
Mon, 09-27-2010, 06:46 AM
What they need is a few nukes AKA Hero's Relics evenly divided with each country so peace can be achieved

Humanity is a selfish and greedy cunt, if you want peace fear of reprisal is the only way to do it

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-27-2010, 06:52 AM
What they need is a few nukes AKA Hero's Relics evenly divided with each country so peace can be achieved

Humanity is a selfish and greedy cunt, if you want peace fear of reprisal is the only way to do it

And that's pretty much what's happening now, except rather than "evenly dividing", it's more like "gotta catch'em all"

Come to think of it, Sion better not have put much hope in Ryner sticking to his mission.

Kraco
Mon, 09-27-2010, 06:59 AM
The world certainly seems to have too many tiny countries ruled by scumbag nobles with hereditary succession. There's little to do to make the masses feel better without removing such a huge burden. Sion's first priority isn't to remove wars but to allow the people to live happy lives - though removing wars is naturally completely necessary for that goal.

We have yet to see the subtle differences between Sion and Gastark's king's approaches. Fortunately for the believability of the story neither seems naive and thus both employ shady methods and questionable servants to further their goals as fast as possible.

Marik
Sat, 10-02-2010, 07:32 AM
[Derp] Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 14 (1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=162158)

Kraco
Sat, 10-02-2010, 10:25 AM
As I suspected, it's of great importance to Ryner that Ferris acknowledges him by continuously bullying him. Although you'd think looking at the brat getting hugged by the rescued girl would make him wish Ferris recognized his worth in a less painful way.

Archangel
Sat, 10-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Maybe Ryner has a bit of a M side to him?

Anyone else laughed when the pink brother lost HIS OTHER arm? How's he gonna fight now, will he tire his enemies down by being obnoxious?

Kraco
Sat, 10-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah, but apparently he realised already himself his time is over as he asked his sister to escape alone and leave him behind. But I have to admit the damage was deliciously ironic.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-03-2010, 12:26 AM
I didn't laugh, but I did now. XD (I had totally forgotten that e lost his other arm before).

As I suspected, it's of great importance to Ryner that Ferris acknowledges him by continuously bullying him. Although you'd think looking at the brat getting hugged by the rescued girl would make him wish Ferris recognized his worth in a less painful way.

Ferris hugged him when he returned from Berserk Mode, however brief it was.

It'll be interesting to see Ryner's reaction when he learns that Furoade's working for(with?) Sion. His methods were exactly the same as what Edia's doing. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Gastark King kept these black ops from being common knowledge even amongst his officials.

Kuu's expressions were a bit inconsistent this episode. I had thought that the ice scythe strictly disallowed any emotions to show on her face.

Archangel
Sun, 10-03-2010, 03:12 AM
Ferris hugged him when he returned from Berserk Mode, however brief it was.

Kuu's expressions were a bit inconsistent this episode. I had thought that the ice scythe strictly disallowed any emotions to show on her face.

That's an awful little amount of dere for so much tsun

The whole episode's animation was inconsistent and weird

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-03-2010, 08:35 AM
The whole episode's animation was inconsistent and weird

Example?

Archangel
Sun, 10-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Sorry, already deleted the episode

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Sorry, already deleted the episode

Fair enough.

I'd like to add too that I enjoy all of Sion's scenes, as "out of place" as they may seem when we're focusing on Ryner's side of things. Ever since Furoade's introduction I've been eager to see Sion's degradation (or lack thereof) as time goes by, and if he will ever finally crack under the pressure and openly go back on his ideals. It doesn't help that Lucile is on his back.

Talking about Lucile, if the sword family's role is to dispatch crappy kings, you have to wonder why Roland turned into a shithole in the first place.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-03-2010, 10:03 AM
As I suspected, it's of great importance to Ryner that Ferris acknowledges him by continuously bullying him. Although you'd think looking at the brat getting hugged by the rescued girl would make him wish Ferris recognized his worth in a less painful way.I think the key part of that relationship is that Ferris doesn't fear him. She bullies him, and is never afraid of him lashing back at her with his power. Even when he does lose it, she still is confident that he will not hurt her. That's what makes Ferris' attention precious to him the same way that Sion and Kiefer's was. He should probably realize that Milk is the same way. She wants to save him from himself, she's just a bit too stupid to understand what is really going on around her. But her heart is in the right place.

I think the difference between the two kings is that Sion uses force as a last option, he's constantly rebuking Froade and using his plans last because they always involve a purge. Gastark's king doesn't hesitate to use force, and merely claims that he tries to minimize the losses on both sides. Sion wants peace, but knows that force will be required and uses it regretfully and when everything else fails. Gastark's king doesn't seem to ponder that a non-hostile option is a choice.

The whole episode's animation was inconsistent and weirdI didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, the episode was overly dark, like 80% of the episodes in this series so far.

I prefer Milk over Kiefer. One is naive and good natured to a fault, the other is a perpetual traitor. Kiefer will latch onto anyone.

Archangel
Sun, 10-03-2010, 12:02 PM
With Kiefer coming back i wonder if we can classify this as a harem anime

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-03-2010, 08:40 PM
With Kiefer coming back i wonder if we can classify this as a harem anime

Only if she sticks around.

Milk keeps getting ditched. It's not harem unless they're:

a) All over Ryner, AND
b) Are within close proximity of Ryner, AND
c) Alternate amongst each other in getting Ryner's attention.

Archangel
Mon, 10-04-2010, 03:53 AM
In that case Index isn't a harem since the only only one consistently on Touma's reach are Index and Misaka

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-04-2010, 04:10 AM
In that case Index isn't a harem since the only only one consistently on Touma's reach are Index and Misaka

That makes two.

In Touma's case, he's not moving around various countries. The girls can find him relatively easily, and hence their reach is easily extended. And it's not about whether they're in Touma's reach, it's if Touma's within their reach. These girls all live in the same city as Touma. Kiefer's in another country, while Milk's probably days' travel away.

But to put it into perspective, Index is less of a harem series than a lot of others, yes.

Marik
Sat, 10-09-2010, 07:21 PM
[Derp] Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 15 (1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=164094)

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Approximately 19:36: Oh hell no. The potential for yaoi in this series has now reached Kyou Kara Maou levels.

Anytime they set up Ferris messing with Milk is great fun. This was no exception.

So Frouade's next plan is to push Ryner away and make Sion more self-reliant. But in order to do that, he needs to thwart Milk's task of keeping tabs on Ryner, which apparently keeps Ryner nearby Roland. I'm not sure if Frouade still wants to see Ryner dead, or if he's trying to force the two of them away to get more relics or serve as a more direct distraction for Gastark.

I wonder if Frouade's plans will soon run afoul of Ferris' brother's plans. For how clever and resourceful Frouade is, he'd have no chance against Ferris' brother.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
The word I think (just from memory, so if it's wrong ignore the rest of this sentence) Frouade used, "torinozoku", implies that he will get rid of Ryner permanently. Still, he can just be his usual dark and brooding self and said it in such a manner even if he doesn't really want to kill him.

For some strange reason, I didn't mind the Yaoi in this episode. I usually shudder at it, but it was pretty well done (and drawn) this time, so I'm okay with it. It even led to great comedy, which is always a plus. I really like the relationship between Ryner and Sion. While it borders on Yaoi, I'm not worried since this isn't (or will not become) a Yaoi show.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-10-2010, 02:06 AM
For some strange reason, I didn't mind the Yaoi in this episode. I usually shudder at it, but it was pretty well done (and drawn) this time, so I'm okay with it. It even led to great comedy, which is always a plus. I really like the relationship between Ryner and Sion. While it borders on Yaoi, I'm not worried since this isn't (or will not become) a Yaoi show.

Ferris is here to make sure Ryner gets no gratification whatsoever, so it's all good.

As for Furoade vs Lucile, does that encounter (either directly or indirectly) ever have to happen? I'm under the impression that Lucile doesn't have any actual "plans" at all, and just watches over a king's safety until they break. He doesn't try to prevent the breaking from happening and just lets it run its course. Rather, one of the previous conversations revealed that he sees Sion as a true king if he can use Furoade's abilities for his own good.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-10-2010, 04:30 AM
If Sion proves to be someone unfit of his protection, Lucile will kill him. He said so himself, and Sion affirmed it in a scene a few episodes ago when he was faced with a choice (which I can't remember).

Kraco
Sun, 10-10-2010, 04:54 AM
A somewhat empty episode in my opinion. I'm getting worried this series doesn't really have the kind of drive that would distinguish it from the myriad bulk shows out there. It even knows where it wants to go but somehow we still get episodes like this that are only filled with nonsensical dialogue that we have already heard many times over - and nothing else, more or less. I wouldn't mind if these jokes were running on the side of actual story development but they can't really support an episode of their own.

Trying to get something out of this ep, it seems to me like Ferris might have got corrupted by Ryner. Corrupted in the sense she has forgotten her fear of her brother. Lucile would have killed them both if they hadn't embarked on their journey after Sion instructed them to do so and would be happy to slay anybody threatening Sion. Yet now they are back without any real reason and were joyously talking about killing the king. Though Lucile's absence in this episode could easily be explained by foreseeing how meeting Ryner could recharge Sion's depleted batteries.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Trying to get something out of this ep, it seems to me like Ferris might have got corrupted by Ryner. Corrupted in the sense she has forgotten her fear of her brother. Lucile would have killed them both if they hadn't embarked on their journey after Sion instructed them to do so and would be happy to slay anybody threatening Sion. Yet now they are back without any real reason and were joyously talking about killing the king. Though Lucile's absence in this episode could easily be explained by foreseeing how meeting Ryner could recharge Sion's depleted batteries.

Lucile's death threat was at Ryner (who really couldn't care less).

To Ferris, he promised to flatten Wango Dango House.

Kraco
Sun, 10-10-2010, 06:34 AM
To Ferris, he promised to flatten Wango Dango House.

But isn't that the same thing as far as Ferris is concerned..?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-10-2010, 07:19 AM
But isn't that the same thing as far as Ferris is concerned..?

Heh, yeah.

Archangel
Sun, 10-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Funny, having finished Berserk recently only now can i see the parallels between it and LLH

Also is it just me or were the yaoi levels off the charts on this one? Again, more Berserk parallels...

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-10-2010, 09:59 PM
What's a lynchpin anyway? And what did Froade meant with Milk being Ryner's lynchpin?

fireheart
Tue, 10-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Isn't a lynchpin kinda like the pin in a fan holding/supporting things?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Isn't a lynchpin kinda like the pin in a fan holding/supporting things?

A linchpin, also spelled linch pin, lynchpin, or lynch pin, is a fastener used to prevent a wheel or other rotating part from sliding off the axle it is riding on. The word is first attested in the 14th century and derives from Middle English elements meaning "axletree pin"

A lynchpin is synonymous with someone/something being indispensable or important, especially for maintaining stability.

RyougaZell
Tue, 10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't understand how Milk can be indispensable for Ryner's stability. I would understand Ferris... or even Kiefer. But Milk?

Kraco
Tue, 10-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah, it's indeed pretty hard to see why it would be like that. Because Milk was a person Ryner managed to save? There are others, though. Because she's not afraid of Ryner and even likes him? That could be, though there are others.

However, we also need to remember Froade only knows what he knows. He could be interpreting the situation incorrectly just as well.

Archangel
Tue, 10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I don't understand how Milk can be indispensable for Ryner's stability. I would understand Ferris... or even Kiefer. But Milk?
I think it's because should she die in the line of duty Ryner would feel her death was on him yet again

A guy can only take so much guilt until he explodes, literally in his case

RyougaZell
Tue, 10-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Well, thats indeed plausible... guilt plus the information Froade has.

At this moment Froade looks more like the final boss than Gastark.

Archangel
Tue, 10-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Well final boss in the sense of the anime maybe, but overall Gastark seems to be the Big Bad of this tale

RyougaZell
Tue, 10-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Well final boss in the sense of the anime maybe, but overall Gastark seems to be the Big Bad of this tale

Ah yes... thinks will definitely end in an epic battle with Gastark... but Froade's methods seem more ruthless at times. Maybe because we've seen more of him.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Ah yes... thinks will definitely end in an epic battle with Gastark... but Froade's methods seem more ruthless at times. Maybe because we've seen more of him.

Probably. The pink dudes going around the various countries are doing more or less the same thing (eliminating people).

Furoade visibly indulges in it.

RyougaZell
Tue, 10-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Indeed. But the dude (whatever his name is) already lost both arms, so I don't expect much battle from him in the future.

Kraco
Tue, 10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Indeed. But the dude (whatever his name is) already lost both arms, so I don't expect much battle from him in the future.

Somebody should have told that to Deidara the Armless ninja...

Archangel
Tue, 10-12-2010, 11:15 AM
He never lost both of them though

Edit to below: Oh right, i forgot all about that. Zabuza would have been a better example though.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-12-2010, 11:25 AM
He never lost both of them though

What? He fought off Team Guy with an kunai in his mouth..

David75
Tue, 10-12-2010, 12:07 PM
The sudden importance of Milk might be an anime effect?
Maybe in the novels it was clearer from the start how important she is.

I like "Froide" (Cold, feminine genre, in French), not so much for his gay vibes, but for his overall stature, way of dealing with things and his life.

Kraco
Tue, 10-12-2010, 01:17 PM
I like "Froide" (Cold, feminine genre, in French), not so much for his gay vibes, but for his overall stature, way of dealing with things and his life.

One excellent quality of Froade was revealed a few eps back when he was about to die after the Gastarkian assassin with the light ring and the gem of blue flames spoiled his bloody party. Unlike many stock villains that act all tough as long as everything's going according to their plans but turn into miserable losers the moment something irregular happens, Froade clearly accepted the fact that all who draw the sword will die by the sword. I like this manner of villains the most.

Kraco
Fri, 10-15-2010, 05:13 PM
A most useless episode:

Episode 15.5 - Derp (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=165554)

A recap with narration by Iris (in her most exceedingly insufferable voice). A few minutes of new material at most and that new material was completely inconsequential.

If this episode actually succeeded in anything, it's to verify Ryner being hard M. Nothing else would explain why he still sticks to the present company and puts up with all the inhumane treatment he's subjected to.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-15-2010, 08:21 PM
He's voiced by FukuJun. Of course he is hard M.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Doesn't Sion have a country to run?

What is he doing listening to a child's report?

The take-away point of this episode was that Ferris was actually on a diet during her trip. I no longer have to worry about her destroying herself. :D

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Hot Kuuderes cannot overeat or gain weight. Remember C.C. and A Certain Opportunistic Pizza Chain?

Archangel
Fri, 10-22-2010, 06:31 PM
If she's a Kuudere where the fuck are my Dere Dere moments? So far it's been 100% bitch :/

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Hot Kuuderes cannot overeat or gain weight. Remember C.C. and A Certain Opportunistic Pizza Chain?

A certain CD drama episode would indicate otherwise ;)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-22-2010, 09:24 PM
@Buff - off topic - I chalked that up as her ass being simply too bootylicious.

@Arch - You're right, but I'm hopeful. I do consider the scene where Ferris brings Ryner back from god mode slightly dere, because Ferris would never embrace or say such things to anyone except Ryner IMO.

Marik
Mon, 10-25-2010, 05:52 PM
[Derp] Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 16 (1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=168212)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-26-2010, 07:34 AM
[Derp] Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 16 (1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=168212)

Wow. I'm very tempted to look up spoilers at the moment after such a content-filled episode.

-Incestuous siblings tried to perform more incest on their daughter? That's one screwed up mind of theirs - why couldn't the mother pop another one out? She was rather fit.

More than anything at the moment, I just don't want Milk to die. :(

She's the only pure person in a show full of hidden agendas and secrets.

Kraco
Tue, 10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I have to admit this more than made up for last week's miserable excuse for an episode. Ferris's childhood was indeed miserable just like I expected. Though that's of course a no-brainer considering her current twisted personality.

Lucile's grand weakness to balance his great power was naturally much needed even though I hadn't foreseen it. No wonder he's worried about Ferris since he couldn't follow her even if he really wanted to. I was left wondering if he was "happy" with Ryner escorting her because he deemed him harmless or because he saw potential in him, even if he considered Ryner's current state contemptible.

Milk dying would be sad, I admit. It would kind of waste her whole company as well.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I doubt Milk will die. She is still necessary for some comic relief, and her death would make the story too tragic since she is a well developed character.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I have to admit this more than made up for last week's miserable excuse for an episode. Ferris's childhood was indeed miserable just like I expected. Though that's of course a no-brainer considering her current twisted personality.

It's funny how her she's the one happily abusing people now.

I did feel that having the incident "unlock" Ferris's potential lacking in reason however. Either that or I just didn't quite understand it.

Lucile's grand weakness to balance his great power was naturally much needed even though I hadn't foreseen it. No wonder he's worried about Ferris since he couldn't follow her even if he really wanted to. I was left wondering if he was "happy" with Ryner escorting her because he deemed him harmless or because he saw potential in him, even if he considered Ryner's current state contemptible.

I feel that Lucile is happy because Ferris is happy. However, at the same time he doesn't wish for Ferris to get romantically close to anybody.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Siscon again. It takes a really sick individual to prioritize his/her sister's chastity (be it emotional or physical) over her overall safety. Letting Ferris hang around a time bomb (which almost killed Ferris before) out of "concern" isn't very logical.

Archangel
Wed, 10-27-2010, 01:06 PM
What is it with this season and incest? Did it become the new moe and nobody told me?

Kraco
Wed, 10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
What is it with this season and incest? Did it become the new moe and nobody told me?

It was supposed to create disgust in this episode, which hardly supports its moefication.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
It was supposed to create disgust in this episode, which hardly supports its moefication.

It's funny how that works.

It's hot when both parties have genuine feelings for each other, but a one-sided incestuous thought/action is considered otherwise.

edit: or when they're doing it for anything other than pure love, like continuing a pure bloodline.

Archangel
Wed, 10-27-2010, 08:45 PM
It's funny how that works.

It's hot when both parties have genuine feelings for each other, but a one-sided incestuous thought/action is considered otherwise.

edit: or when they're doing it for anything other than pure love, like continuing a pure bloodline.
Call me old fashioned but i can only approve of it when it's dealt with humor, oreimo style.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 10-27-2010, 11:08 PM
You're old fashioned.

As long as it's consensual and safe (in terms of pregnancy, since risk of abnormality is high with incest) I'm fine with it.

Any form of rape deserves a horribly painful and slow death to me.

animus
Thu, 10-28-2010, 10:25 AM
There's a reason they call it wincest.

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I skipped the re-cap episode 15.5 but I heard it had a new scene thrown in there... is it worth downloading?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-28-2010, 10:45 AM
I skipped the re-cap episode 15.5 but I heard it had a new scene thrown in there... is it worth downloading?

I don't remember any new scenes.

So, no?

edit: I actually deleted 15.5 from my archives.

Kraco
Thu, 10-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Sure, it had a bunch of new scenes but they were more annoying than usefull and certainly didn't contribute anything to the story.

Marik
Fri, 10-29-2010, 01:56 PM
[Derp] Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 17 (1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=169270)

[Nipponsei] Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu OP2 Single - Last Inferno [Ceui].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Densetsu%20no%20Yuusha%20no%20De nsetsu%20OP2%20Single%20-%20Last%20Inferno%20%5BCeui%5D.zip.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-30-2010, 12:52 AM
This episode was awesome from start to finish.

After that decree, I was starting to doubt whether Sion really saw Ryner as as much of a friend as he appears to. It seems that's the case, and ordering to have Ryner executed if he goes berserk was for the good of everyone should it happen, including Ryner himself. Needless to say Ferris being angry that Ryner broke his promise was sweet.

I'm not too fond of the Iino Dwoe guy, but I'll live with it for now. I seriously thought Claugh would die in that encounter after he lost his arm, and am sure as hell glad he's alive. I don't want to imagine now Noa would act if he died..

And Luke.. holy shit. I thought he may be Lucile for a sec. But then I remembered that Luke is a Milk-con and not a Ferris one.

This show ending at episode 25 just feels too short.

RyougaZell
Sat, 10-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah. There's so much to see... and so many powerful characters... 8 episodes don't seem enough.

Kraco
Sat, 10-30-2010, 06:19 AM
This new special eye dude sure earned the right to be called a monster. I wonder how Sion is going to solve the issue. Based on this episode, nothing short of Lucille or berserk Ryner would have a chance against him. Unless Sion manages to trick and trap him somehow.

Ferris getting so angry was a good sign because obviously it indicates she cares.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-30-2010, 06:31 AM
Ferris can kill him. He is only as strong as the part/magic he absorbs, so if he can't absorb anything, he can be killed. Ferris only uses her sword, so it should work.

Ferris is heading towards the Dere.

Kraco
Sat, 10-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Umm... Did you miss the scenes where he absorbed humans? As long as he's not totally depleted when facing Ferris, he could, based on this episode, keep up with Ferris's speed and jumps. Then it would be merely a matter of touching her to suck her essence in. After that he would be even tougher for a while.

And I don't see him ever being empty since he seemingly wanders from settlement to settlement consuming people like some plague or natural disaster.

Archangel
Sun, 10-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Let there be fail. Gotta love how what's his face handed Froade's ass to him o a silver platter

The whole episode was full of win, new cursed eyes, new omega mode and borderline dere from Ferris

And yes 25 episodes is too short, if you check the wiki you'll see that the amount of material is ridiculous.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-31-2010, 08:42 AM
@Kraco - I was hypothesizing an ideal situation where the sucker was low on gas. With fuel, even Ferris will be easily beaten, but without fuel and without a source during the battle, Ferris should be able to defeat him. This scenario can be accomplished by baiting him to use his current supply (similar to how he was forced to dodge the arm guy's attacks this episode until he was able to absorb more magic) by maybe getting fodder troops to attack and get killed by him. It's not the best situation, but it is a solution.

EDIT: What is the name of the Dango shop Ferris frequents? I watch the raws, and I hear it as Winit, but maybe there is an actual translation or correct spelling that I should know about.

Marik
Sun, 10-31-2010, 09:27 AM
What is the name of the Dango shop Ferris frequents?

It's Wynnit. That's how Funimation spells it.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-31-2010, 10:38 AM
EDIT: What is the name of the Dango shop Ferris frequents? I watch the raws, and I hear it as Winit, but maybe there is an actual translation or correct spelling that I should know about.

What does your sig and tag say Shinta?

Kraco
Sun, 10-31-2010, 10:45 AM
This scenario can be accomplished by baiting him to use his current supply (similar to how he was forced to dodge the arm guy's attacks this episode until he was able to absorb more magic) by maybe getting fodder troops to attack and get killed by him. It's not the best situation, but it is a solution.

The only problem is that he sucks in spells as fuel and if you switch to weapons, you risk getting consumed yourself. Archers might work, assuming they catch him empty enough so that he won't just jump too close or flee. I doubt he can eat arrows...

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Can he absorb from a distance or does he need to grab the body part to absorb it? If it is the latter, Ferris can manage I think.

@Buff - Text in the sig image says "Can I eat them!?" Text beneath the image says "...Of course you can't."

Marik
Fri, 11-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Derp - Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 18 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=171106)

Kraco
Sat, 11-06-2010, 04:55 AM
The battle went as I expected it to go. This guy was no n00b, after all, so it's unlikely to catch him unprepared. And when he's prepared, even archers won't do because they can't flee from him fast enough to avoid getting consumed. They should have brought siege weapons to deal so much damage the dude simply would have been destroyed beyond any self-healing.

Quite a sad episode otherwise. It underlined like never before the pressure and reality Sion faces as a king as opposed to any idealism. While the people cheer him for liberating them from the oppression by petty nobles, they still look up to him for protection from anybody different they consider a monster. And Sion can't do anything about it. I'm sure we didn't get the whole story behind the letter but I doubt Sion was completely without fault there, as demonstrared by how he himself erred to call the enemy a monster.

Ferris's gross personality is naturally partly nothing but fan service for those enjoying violent bitches in anime but ironically enough it makes it also very natural, nonetheless, that she would fail at convincing Ryner to stay. It's hard to genuinely convince anybody over the tip of a sword. I hope she can change during her journey to find Ryner. Someone living in a constant fear of being singled out as a monster needs something else than daily beatings and insults. If Ferris is too stupid or immature to understand that, she has no business to be anywhere near Ryner.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-06-2010, 11:52 AM
The battle went as I expected it to go. This guy was no n00b, after all, so it's unlikely to catch him unprepared. And when he's prepared, even archers won't do because they can't flee from him fast enough to avoid getting consumed. They should have brought siege weapons to deal so much damage the dude simply would have been destroyed beyond any self-healing.

His teleport/wind-run was never explained, and it better not be left like that. Those eyes consume life and magic - that's pretty hax already. I only take the term "not human" as a figure of speech, and not actually referencing to the guy's species. It shouldn't give him superpowers. He doesn't look like he's using a spell neither.

Quite a sad episode otherwise. It underlined like never before the pressure and reality Sion faces as a king as opposed to any idealism. While the people cheer him for liberating them from the oppression by petty nobles, they still look up to him for protection from anybody different they consider a monster. And Sion can't do anything about it. I'm sure we didn't get the whole story behind the letter but I doubt Sion was completely without fault there, as demonstrared by how he himself erred to call the enemy a monster.

I can't deny that Sion sees Ryner as a friend, but he became interested in Ryner because he sees him as a monster in the first place. There's nothing that he can work out in this situation. The only thing is for Ryner to accept that and embrace it for what it is.

It was probably the wrong reaction the writers were going for, but Fukuyama Jun's seamless transition into crazy laughter when he woke up cracked me up pretty good.

Ferris's gross personality is naturally partly nothing but fan service for those enjoying violent bitches in anime but ironically enough it makes it also very natural, nonetheless, that she would fail at convincing Ryner to stay. It's hard to genuinely convince anybody over the tip of a sword. I hope she can change during her journey to find Ryner. Someone living in a constant fear of being singled out as a monster needs something else than daily beatings and insults. If Ferris is too stupid or immature to understand that, she has no business to be anywhere near Ryner.

That makes sense and all...

.. But I still love Ferris all the same.

When that girl brought Ferris the message of Ryner's whereabouts, I interpreted her laugh at punishing Ryner as being happy at the thought that she'd finally find him. The scene at the dango shop however, suggests she's more a hard S [see edit1] (not that it matters in the slightest).

And I'm greatly anticipating the new costume. :3

-------------

edit1: It could still be interpreted as being happy at the thought of finding Ryner, since she has to do it again now.

Kraco
Sat, 11-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Lucille already gave us a pretty big (if obvious) hint that Ferris (and likely the whole family) is emotionally stunted. You can hardly call Iris normal either. Looking at them now, Ferris might even be the one closest to regaining a normal human spectrum of emotions. She seemed to realise she misses Ryner's presence. But with no pressure, like was the situation when she entered the inn, her old bad habits overpowered any feeble new feelings she might have developed and she took steps backwards.

However, now that she's going to be alone looking for Ryner, I hope she will use the time to ponder things and listen to those new feelings she's having hard time understanding.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 11-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Ferris now on the way to full Dere = awesome.

I think going out on a journey to find a guy indicates that she has grown a lot already. Even Lucille admits that Ryner has given her new emotions, which I believe to be attraction and concern. She doesn't just miss Ryner. It really seemed as if she now needs him by her side. She is just way too Kuu to display it on her face.

I love how Ryner ran away with the other monster. This development alone sets the story apart from the usual mediocre stories with this kind of theme. The main character is clearly weak, and for valid reasons.

The problem now becomes the indirect responsibility Ryner will bear in all the deaths the monster (I call him this for his actions and character, not his power) will cause. I think that Sion could have killed him at that point, and that he really needed Ryner's help to escape. His "excuse" of saying he did not want Ryner to go berserk was actually a brilliant plan to bring attention to Ryner and make the soldier's shun him, and distract them all at the same time. Now, because Ryner helped him, he has technically willingly helped a mass murderer that eats people, and will surely eat people from now on. Ryner may have killed thousands already, but he did so unwillingly. This may prove to be a very big mistake if he is really trying to avoid causing deaths in general.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-06-2010, 10:14 PM
However, now that she's going to be alone looking for Ryner, I hope she will use the time to ponder things and listen to those new feelings she's having hard time understanding. .

She has understood one thing though: Ryner > Dango.

She's also bearing guilt at the moment, as she clearly states Sion's not at fault as King for protecting his countrymen (imply she's the one at fault for not protecting Ryner).

David75
Sun, 11-07-2010, 03:02 AM
Ryner going from a mass Dango eater to a mass People eater is a tad disturbing. Some yaoi feelings vibes were floating around too. I wonder how they will unfold that story as they always let you think they'll follow traditional paths, just to destroy everything and take a 90 degrees turn.
That's sure entertaining and fun, but they really need to give proper and nice conclusion to their nice ideas.

Kraco
Sun, 11-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Now, because Ryner helped him, he has technically willingly helped a mass murderer that eats people, and will surely eat people from now on. Ryner may have killed thousands already, but he did so unwillingly. This may prove to be a very big mistake if he is really trying to avoid causing deaths in general.

The army already classified Ryner as another monster and shunned him just like they did the real one in front of them. Under those circumstances it would be, in my opinion, quite arrogant and unreasonable to assume Ryner would still rather help them and not just hit the road. Objectively speaking they got exactly what they ordered, as the saying goes.

The recent events have also proven quite nicely how psychologically when you call and treat somebody like a monster long enough, the person may start to believe it himself. At that point it's a valid question who's fault it's going to be if he starts to act like one as well.

However, I don't see Ryner becoming a mass murderer or even a regular murderer any time soon, no matter if he's in the company of one (or even more if the dude really has friends waiting for him back home).

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-07-2010, 03:26 AM
I meant that by helping the monster, the blood that the monster will spill from then on will be on his hands as well, at least partly. If he let the guy die, further victims could be avoided.

I don't think Ryner will ever willingly kill people for shallow reasons.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-07-2010, 03:50 AM
I meant that by helping the monster, the blood that the monster will spill from then on will be on his hands as well, at least partly. If he let the guy die, further victims could be avoided.

According to the guy, he could kill Sion almost immediately should he wish to. This seemed like an elaborate set-up just to persuade Ryner over. In a sense, by following the guy, Ryner also prevented a mass murder occurring right then. There was also no telling that he could be stopped.

At the same time, Ryner considered himself a threat to others. He killed his mum and dad, and envisioned himself killing Sion and Ferris in a similar manner. I believe "Don't you have something you want to protect" struck a cord there, aside from all the monster-shunning that's going on.

David75
Sun, 11-07-2010, 03:51 AM
All alpha stigma going berserk die. It has been explained twice. Of course they could always make an exception... but I'm fairly confident Ryner is no exception to the rule.
That implies the people killed when he was in ASmode, are his responsability since he was not berserk at the time, only he wasn't strong enough, or willing strong enough, to control his dark side and prevent it from killing.

There's no mistake, he's really a monster by design. His abilities include mass killing of people through a wide range sort of beam and other hard to describe things that are not accessible to normal humans, killing friends and foes indiscriminately.

Now how about Klaugh? well he does not kill everyone around. Only enemies, and always in control. So I guess he's viewed as a brother in arms, rather than a monster.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-07-2010, 04:20 AM
@Buff - I'm more inclined to believe that Sion had the upper hand in that situation. As I mentioned earlier, I think the reason the monster mentioned the Alpha Stigma is to cause panic and show Ryner how the people of Roland also shun him. What's the point of asking Ryner to shoot magic if he had the power left to simply go and directly escape with Ryner?

@Dav - How can you be so sure he wasn't berserk? Berserk Ryner already came back twice in the short span of time we have been witnessing his travels. He could have gone berserk and returned just like he did those two times in the long period before he met Sion. Do you mean that when God mode comes on that he is not really going berserk? It was pretty obvious that he was not in control then. Also, it was made quite obvious that Ryner does not have a normal alpha stigma. In fact it was explicitly stated when he erased the hero relic before.

Kraco
Sun, 11-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Btw, based on this episode it's reasonable to assume Ryner doesn't even know what manner of a man Tiir Rumibul really is. He never witnessed him emptying villages or massacring indiscriminately. All he actually has seen is the dude fighting against soldiers attacking him and not even killing too many of them.

There's a distinct difference between his own level of aggression and Tiir's, only a blind man would fail to notice that, but that's just a personality quirk. Since he's himself faced persecution, it would be natural for him to assume Tiir might have faced even worse, thus explaining some of his actions (that Ryner knows of).

So, saying he would take the side of a monster by joining him is now still highly premature. Right now he just took the side of somebody just like him: one called a monster by the normal humans. You can hardly blame him either for desiring company that isn't suspecting him all the time and from which he doesn't need to hide his true self.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-07-2010, 05:14 AM
I never said that Ryner will become a permanent ally of Tiir. I just wanted to say that the action of saving Tiir at that point would lead to many more deaths, something Ryner obviously is not going to like.

However, you have a point about Ryner not knowing how many people Tiir has killed (and for what reasons) or will kill in the future. I guess it really isn't his responsibility if Tiir goes on a killing spree again, but knowing Ryner, he will probably feel guilty all the same when he finds out what kind of being he saved.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-07-2010, 06:41 AM
All alpha stigma going berserk die. It has been explained twice. Of course they could always make an exception... but I'm fairly confident Ryner is no exception to the rule.
That implies the people killed when he was in ASmode, are his responsability since he was not berserk at the time, only he wasn't strong enough, or willing strong enough, to control his dark side and prevent it from killing.

I don't consider Ryner as a normal Alpha Stigma holder. There's been too much evidence that suggests otherwise.

There's no mistake, he's really a monster by design. His abilities include mass killing of people through a wide range sort of beam and other hard to describe things that are not accessible to normal humans, killing friends and foes indiscriminately.

Well yeah. The only difference between Ryner and Claugh that sets them apart is that one's got an inner psychopathic personality.

I'm more inclined to believe that Sion had the upper hand in that situation. As I mentioned earlier, I think the reason the monster mentioned the Alpha Stigma is to cause panic and show Ryner how the people of Roland also shun him. What's the point of asking Ryner to shoot magic if he had the power left to simply go and directly escape with Ryner?

He didn't have the power to escape with Ryner, but he did say he had the power of going up to Sion and making short work of him, dealing a fatal blow to the troops' morale, before absorbing more shit and/or leaving.

He definitely favours the option of having Ryner escape with him since finding Ryner was the whole point of this journey thus far anyway, but given the above reasoning, I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could have gotten out of that situation relatively unharmed had Ryner considered otherwise.

Konohamaru!
Sat, 11-13-2010, 04:08 PM
All of you have valid points. I'm not sure how quickly Tiir goes through the power he saves up. In this world, we're not even completely sure where the power to perform magic comes from, otherwise what would stop Tiir from just learning magic to shoot himself with to heal...

It's my gut feeling that Tiir certainly had enough juice left in the tank to get outta there on his own, even with Ryner possibly. The emphasis on the whole exchange was more that of diving a little deeper into the emotional connections that exist between the 3 main characters, Ryner's fear of hurting the ones he cares for, and creating an exit strategy for the situation that leads to where the the anime must head for the sake of the story.

We started off the series with character development, and the two main points of the series being about hero relics, and recreating Roland into a prosperous good-natured kingdom. Though I'm sure they will come into play more, just focusing on hero relics would get repetitive, so I think to the series credit, they used the relics as a strong bolster point that can always be re-inserted, but are now moving into the more serious aspects of the story which are further character development, including their relationships, and a more formidable obstical for them all to individually and together overcome.

Ryner knows just how Sion feels. He understands completely why the decree to have him killed if necessary was made. It is inescapable for the humans to not fear the berserk power of an AS holder, and deep down Ryner knows he'd rather be killed then harm or kill his friends, or innocent loving people for that matter.

Ryner has had to deal with fear of himself far more than anyone else has had to deal with fear of him. Lucile talking with Ryner just helped re-emphasize the level of acceptance Ryner would gain from life, though Ferris has already started to fall for him. Realizing his own care for Ferris, Sion, Milk, and whomever else, he forced himself away so as to not hurt those he cares for, and in doing so was able to use that to end up saving Sion and hundreds of men on the battlefield. Ofcourse they could have duked it out, but for a man who hates the berserk himself, that was the only option for him to choose.

I was really happy to see Ferris get ready to set out after him. The bond between Ryner and her is a special one, and I want nothing more than for it to grow. They both deserve it.

I haven't read the manga, but this series seems like it could have FAR more than 26 episodes worth of content. Though if it's limited to the 26, then all the more reason why Ryner had to leave, so that we can be introduced, or lead to the real antagonist of the series. I certainly can't wait for the next episodes... This is currently my favorite series out I think.

*edit* was informed that it's a light novel series. ty! =) now fighting back the urge to go and read them... hehe

Marik
Sun, 11-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Derp - Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 19 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=173321)

Samu-tan finally came on and did some work.

Kraco
Sun, 11-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed to me, based on the preview, that we could finally be meeting berserk Ryner again in the next ep!

Archangel
Sun, 11-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Roland's strongest magician? When he's on omega mode yeah but regular Ryner is a loser, he gets his ass handed to him constantly.

This show makes it hard to root for anyone, they're all assholes

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 11-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I didn't realize it until later but those nice "jewels" they were looking at were the crystallized form of the magic eyes. Lots of those were taken from kids.

For a king that hates wars and wants a peaceful world, his country sure is doing some nasty shit. Can't say I disagree with Tyr when he asks who the monsters really are.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Roland's strongest magician? When he's on omega mode yeah but regular Ryner is a loser, he gets his ass handed to him constantly.

I've settled with two ideas about Ryner and magic as a whole in this world:

1) Ryner actually knows a whole heap of spells and is very good with them. For the sake of simplicity and making things easier for the author, he didn't really expand this to make him a Magical Index. I'm more so inclined to believe the idea below though, that -

2) Magic is actually really difficult to use, and that all the magicians we've crossed paths with to date are all elites. Having the story span across an entire continent may have made them seem more common than they really are. At the same time, half of these people are wielding Relics that transcend any modern power in the first place. I would actually make less sense of such artefacts can not defeat Roland's strongest magician.

Being the strongest magician isn't synonymous with being the best killer.

I wonder what happened to Froade. I would have liked to keep in in the picture a little longer so we can learn what his entire agenda was, but knowing Luke's Milk-crush, he wouldn't have forgiven Froade neither.

Riphal's end should be interesting. We've already seen that he's nice and all, but won't hesitate to use cruel methods to get the job done if he believes it's in the interest of Gastark (and extrapolates to being the interest of the greater good). So now that Kiefer's revealed to have ties with their biggest obstacle(1), how will he deal with her?

Ferris's new attire is yummy. Particularly the upper chest area. :D Admittedly, the colour doesn't match her scabbard as well as the other one did.

(1) With Claugh and Froade out of commission, Roland's really only got Lucile and Luke, but Gastark doesn't know about them.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Ryner being the strongest magician makes sense. He has never been beaten in a magic battle yet. Hero relics are a different story.

Also, it is possible that he earned that title because he went berserk and killed an army at some point in his career.

anime nomad
Mon, 11-15-2010, 05:12 PM
This show makes it hard to root for anyone, they're all assholes

thats one of the things that you either love or hate about this series, is how it tries to show both sides of most of the main characters. A hero of one country who earned his accolades by destroying an enemy army, can be labeled as a Butcher or Monster in the losing country!
This was really evident in this episode where Tiir went from Human consuming monster to a caring big brother, and how the the brother sister team, Sui and Kuu, are seen in such a different light @ home in Gastark.
Its my feeling that Gastark will eventually turn out to be the ultimate Villain of this show (as much as terms such as hero's and villains can apply in this series)
Poor Ryner is so emotionally scarred - he didn't even bat an eyelid when Tiir shared that he had consumed his own mother.
Man, i am so looking forward to next weeks ep. I would love to see Omega-Ryner again.

Marik
Sat, 11-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Derp - Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 20 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=174979)

Nipponsei - Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu ED2 Single - Hikari no Firmento
(http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Densetsu%20no%20Yuusha%20no%20De nsetsu%20ED2%20Single%20-%20Hikari%20no%20Firmento%20%5BTakagi%20Ayahi%5D.z ip.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Such a mix of directness and indirectness (You were there, Ryner?) is great to watch. :D

I guess the title finally makes sense. We'll be talking about not only hero's relics, but reincarnation of heroes.

The legend of the heroes of legend.

Archangel
Sun, 11-21-2010, 01:10 AM
I guess the title finally makes sense. We'll be talking about not only hero's relics, but reincarnation of heroes.

The legend of the heroes of legend.
No, the title is still redundant

This episode was frustrating to watch, people being killed left and right and Ryner couldn't do a damn thing through all of it. Not only did he suck through the first fight, he still couldn't beat Gastark even though they had him outnumbered

And when i finally think i'll get to see Omega Ryner once again, the fucker pulls a naruto on me and cancels it out. FUCK!

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-21-2010, 01:27 AM
The stupid part about this episode is how Ryner asked the absorb guy to take the kids and run. With him, they could have killed the enemy quite easily. Ryner can just turbo charge him with magic so he can go hyperspeed and kill the enemy.

I like the fact that the string weapon is a hero relic. I thought it was far too powerful for a normal weapon.

Archangel
Sun, 11-21-2010, 01:33 AM
I like the fact that the string weapon is a hero relic. I thought it was far too powerful for a normal weapon.
I dislike the fact that it stresses Ryner's idiocy even more, the fucker keeps stumbling upon these things and leaving them behind

If he can't use them himself at least he should hoard them so they don't get used against him

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-21-2010, 01:40 AM
I find it rather funny how the Hero's Relic thing was his idea in the first place.

anime nomad
Mon, 11-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Finally got around to watching the episode :(
excellent episode, but this show really needs to start answering some questions instead of just piling more on every episode :confused:

there is some mentions of Heroes in this episode. I almost got the feeling that Luciele is trying to "create" a Hero in Sion, and that reyner is some kind of natural hero (although not complete? :confused:)
Perhaps Luciele is a failed Hero and he is trying to use Sion to complete himself in some manner?

these guys that work for gastark are real bastards. 2 kids and 2 defenseless young people slain, but they seem to know alot about reyner and the other eye powers. He referred to Ryner as the 'solver of all equations', an apt description of omega-ryner.
AniDB lists this show as 26 episodes - with only 6 episodes left, i really hope the show doesn't end like Regios did and leave us hanging.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
It most likely will. There is too much content to fit I think, and there won't be enough of a budget for a next season due to the lack of fanservice and moe.

I'm just hoping that the anime will get enough fans to drive a translation for the novels, like with Regios.

Marik
Sat, 11-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Derp - Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 21 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=176280)

Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 21 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=176229)

---

Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 12 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=160537)
Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 13 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=166288)
Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 14 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=166394)
Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 15 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=169154)
Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 16 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=171372)
Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 17 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=173748)
Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 18 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=174271)
Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 19 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=174272)
Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 20 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=176118)

David75
Sat, 11-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Erased for now, will post a comment whenever I have time/will to watch the ep.

Kraco
Sat, 11-27-2010, 01:27 PM
I have no idea where this series is going and I'm beginning to doubt the author knows either. Moreover, we have only five episodes left and this one was mostly wasted on bloody paperwork and dango (and I'm getting sick of the dango jokes already).

The most confusing thing was Sion, though. Is he controlled by some other entity or what's going on?

This series is losing its shine in my eyes.

David75
Sat, 11-27-2010, 05:12 PM
I have no idea where this series is going and I'm beginning to doubt the author knows either. Moreover, we have only five episodes left and this one was mostly wasted on bloody paperwork and dango (and I'm getting sick of the dango jokes already).

The most confusing thing was Sion, though. Is he controlled by some other entity or what's going on?

Sure, Sion seems to be the biggest monster there is in the show...

And why stab Ryner now?
We can assume it isn't a fatal blow, but I wonder what purpose it will bear to the story.

Also, the red hair guy getting a fully functionnal arm is a little too convenient compared to what we've seen up to now in the show. I really hope he does not have his power anymore, or that would just be bending the facts the story has painfully set till now.
Anyone could always argue that since that world is so far away from ours, we just never got the chance to see such a marvelous prothesis up till now, but I feel it was still cheating. Might be an arm from a dead body, instilled with magic, I know it the most logical answer that fits with the story values.

And yes, the story developments might be steep from now, since they never really have been fast up till now, and they continue to add more questions, when there are only 5 eps to prepare a conclusion... unless they plan on finishing it in OVAs?

lelouch
Sat, 11-27-2010, 10:34 PM
This series has to go into a second season.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 11-28-2010, 12:33 AM
This series has to go into a second season.

I would hope so but I highly doubt it as things are getting rushed. This should have been a 52 episode series as the amount of stuff shown in the first few episodes was way too much to conclude in the 26 episodes given to this show. Hopefully this show doesn't bomb as it is my favorite show of the year.

Xelbair
Sun, 11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Did you notice similarity between 'father' or something that was shown few eps back and the one who stabbed Ryner?
And why there was not enough of Keifer? I'm really interested what will happen to her.

Archangel
Mon, 11-29-2010, 01:19 PM

Kagami began the original light novel in 2002, and has since published 17 out of 21 planned full-length volumes and 15 out of 25 planned short story collections.
With all that material out you expected them to compress all of it in 24 episodes? Of course you have no idea what is going on, overall the plot is still in its first steps.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a second season either, the DVD sales were apparently pretty abysmal.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-29-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't see how Keifer would join Gastark (as the opening seems to point) after the scene of her chained with her dress all ripped. It seemed to imply torture as well.

Kraco
Mon, 11-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah, it would take quite a revelation to make her join Gastark after getting imprisoned and subjected to some level of torture or at least humiliation. Or brainwashing... It's quite ironic, though, that it seems to be her fate set in stone to be a spy for the rest of her life, no matter if she intends to or not.

Archangel
Mon, 11-29-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't see how Keifer would join Gastark (as the opening seems to point) after the scene of her chained with her dress all ripped. It seemed to imply rape as well.

Fixed

And i don't think the opening implied she would join them, just that she'd spend some time on their side.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Well... the intro did show her saluting the King of Gastark and then running in front of the troups. It seems that guy is the only decent one in that country... or at least we haven't seen his dark side as well.

As the chances of a 2nd season seem very unlikely... I just hope Ryner manages to form his harem of Ferris, Keifer and Milk before the series end.

Marik
Fri, 12-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Derp - Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 22 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=177564)

Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 22 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=178300)

Kraco
Fri, 12-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Quite a nice ep compared to the past ones. Although there are still unexplained things, like who the heck the stabber dude (or duke) is, at least we now know what's going on with Sion. That's a lot already. There are still bits and pieces missing in Ryner's story but his power's ultimate background is getting revealed as well, I suppose.

Ferris was pretty cute for a change. I almost like her again. She has a lot of work to do to make Ryner fall in love with her, though, especially with her barely budding sense of love.

Kiefer was easily brainwashed, haha! I guess she was enjoying prison food and the scarce nutrients went to the upkeep of her boobs, not brain.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Kiefer has always been an idiot. She is a lot like Milk, but a lot more selfish and capable of evil.

I think Ferris is way ahead of the pack in getting Ryner's affection though. Even if it is currently not romantic, it is not an exaggeration to say that she is Ryner's most important person, above his yaoi buddy Sion.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Kiefer was easily brainwashed, haha! I guess she was enjoying prison food and the scarce nutrients went to the upkeep of her boobs, not brain.

Ah, so that's what confused me. I was assuming all of what Gastark's King said was true, along with everything else this episode. (or they still are, and I just yet to comprehend it all). He was pretty dead on about Sion killing Ryner though.

Just off the top of my head, there are:

1. Eye powers are given sometimes to decendents of heroes.
2. That thing in Ryner's subconscious is called Alpha.
3. There's a Solver of All Equations.
4. There's a Weaver of All Equations.
5. The Black Fallen Hero is likely one of the above two.

Did you notice similarity between 'father' or something that was shown few eps back and the one who stabbed Ryner?

I thought that was the whole point of the flashback - the two that appeared were Ryner's mum and dad.

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Dunno... either Gastark's King is really a great manipulator or he is indeed the only good guy on that rotten country. Either way... it works on Kiefer's benefit to be released by going to Ryner. She can turn her back against Gastark along the way as well.

I really want a harem ending with Ferris, Milk and Kiefer now.

Kraco
Sat, 12-04-2010, 03:06 AM
From a tactical point of view, keeping Kiefer imprisoned doesn't much help Gastark - or it even works against them since if the king is indeed in love with Kiefer, it would bother him to no end to keep his love rotting in a prison. By releasing her with the knowledge she now has (whether it's all or partially true doesn't matter, as long as Kiefer believed it) there is a slight chance she might cause a disturbance in Roland, which would directly work for Gastark.

Considering how the king was playing with those eye crystals I don't think he's any overly good guy. He's surely doing anything for his country and countrymen, all the way to sacrificing himself, but that doesn't automatically make him a good guy. I'm inclined to think this series has very few good guys as such. Suits me fine because it underlines the fact the more power you have, the harder the decisions you have to make, the heavier the burden you have to carry.

fireheart
Sat, 12-04-2010, 04:42 AM
I thought it was somewhat funny how he told her to hurry to Roland but didn't give her a horse so she have to run the whole way.

Though didn't get the whole thing with Sion.

Archangel
Sun, 12-05-2010, 07:41 AM
The preview makes it look like next week's episode will be the last one but this is slated for 24 episodes right?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-05-2010, 08:03 AM
The preview makes it look like next week's episode will be the last one but this is slated for 24 episodes right?

lelouch
Sat, 12-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah it's virtually impossible for this series not to go into a second season.

Archangel
Sat, 12-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah it's virtually impossible for this series not to go into a second season.
You realize the DVD/BD sales were disastrous right? Second seasons don't get approved on hopes and dreams alone.

Marik
Sat, 12-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Derp - Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 23 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=179291)

Commie - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - 23 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=179200)
(http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=179291)

lelouch
Sat, 12-11-2010, 01:21 PM
You realize the DVD/BD sales were disastrous right? Second seasons don't get approved on hopes and dreams alone.

I meant that as an expression to say that if this story wants to be concluded successfully it needs a second season. On that note, someone needs to send the producers of this show a large donation to continue the series, it is definitely one of my favorites this year.