PDA

View Full Version : The World God Only Knows

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Main title: Kami nomi zo Shiru Seka

http://i.imgur.com/a0miB.jpg

* Based on a manga series written and illustrated by Wakaki Tamiki, serialised in Weekly Shounen Sunday.

Katsuragi Keima, a second-year high school student, is an avid dating sim gamer. He is known on the Internet as "The Capturing God" for his legendary skills to be able to "capture" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-"glasses").

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "capture" girls. He accepts what is thought to be a challenge, and a demon from Hell nicknamed Elsee appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching the runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the girls' heart, and Elsee suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "capturing" their hearts—making them fall in love. Appalled by the idea, Keima refuses after clarifying to Elsee that he is only interested in "capturing" 2D girls and that he detests reality. Nevertheless, with the contract already accepted, Keima would have to help Elsee no matter what; if they fail, both Elsee and Keima would lose their heads.

Genres: Comedy, Romance, Shounen, Harem

Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB8Z0zt41zc)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Ark was talking about the manga in such an approving manner that I was going to check out it. Now, it looks like there's no need.

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Keep in mind there's still a while for it to be released, i just made the thread to present the trailer

vejita613
Fri, 07-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Hiro Shimono as Keima Katsuragi. This is already disappointing to me. No disrespect to Hiro, but I was hoping for Jun Fukuyama or at the very least Hiroshi Kamiya. I'll still watch it nonetheless.

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Hiro Shimono as Keima Katsuragi. This is already disappointing to me. No disrespect to Hiro, but I was hoping for Jun Fukuyama or at the very least Hiroshi Kamiya. I'll still watch it nonetheless.

http://i.imgur.com/Lxx7Y.jpg

Archangel
Wed, 07-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Something fun i found online

http://i.imgur.com/6Dnpg.jpg

Archangel
Fri, 08-27-2010, 09:16 AM
VAs in action (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMoyaQYmYLw&)

Not as bad as i thought it would be, i may get used to it

shinta|hikari
Fri, 08-27-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm not impressed with Keima's VA. The arroganceXhysteria just isn't there.

Archangel
Fri, 08-27-2010, 09:39 AM
The character page in the official website worries me

http://a.imageshack.us/img401/2953/82083664.jpg

I know they'll only have 12 episodes but i was hoping that they could feature at least 3 girls without cutting content

Edit: Well they featured more girls in the trailer... maybe too many girls...

... fuck assumptions, i'm just gonna play this one by ear >_>

Kraco
Fri, 08-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Keima's VA sounded like somebody trying to sound cooler and more composed than he's naturally suited for. But I guess it will have to do for 12 eps.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-27-2010, 03:38 PM
In all honesty, this much whining about Keima's VA for this long coming from shinta and Arch is really starting to turn me off from watching the series at all. One or twice, fine. But both threads in addition to a host of other sites that Arch has spammed the topic to is a bit much.

If we have to hear about how Fukuyama Jun would have been so much better at this part or that part, I'm just not going to bother.

I think the both of you have made your opinions quite clear. Between the two threads, the channel, and AniDB, I'm sick of hearing it. I'm sorry the image the two of you had in your heads got betrayed. It happens to all of us (many, many times), but we don't go on and on about it.

edit: And you're apparently starting to allude to it in the Upcoming Anime thread too. Wonderful.

Archangel
Fri, 08-27-2010, 03:49 PM
In all honesty, this much whining about Keima's VA for this long coming from shinta and Arch is really starting to turn me off from watching the series at all. One or twice, fine. But both threads in addition to a host of other sites that Arch has spammed the topic to is a bit much.
Awww, you gonna cry? Need a hug? :(

Deal with it, it's my opinion on the matter and i'm free to speak it across any form the media i choose to, just as much as you are free to ignore it and move on.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 08-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Hey, hey. I'm just saying what I think. I haven't heard how Keima was be gonna played, and when I did, I just stated my opinion.

I didn't even mention this topic again until I heard the VA in action. Frankly, I'm surprised I'm getting blamed for it.

Archangel
Fri, 10-01-2010, 09:38 PM
New artwork

http://i.imgur.com/Tkh0J.jpg

Marik
Tue, 10-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Second season announced before the first one even starts.

Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai's 2nd Season Listed for April 2011 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-10-05/kami-nomi-zo-shiru-sekai-2nd-season-listed-for-april-2011)

Archangel
Tue, 10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
/me dry humps Marik

I love you man, no homo ( a lil homo )

RyougaZell
Tue, 10-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Awesome!!!

Zati
Wed, 10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
[CrunchySubs] - Episode 1 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=163290)
[HorribleSubs] - Episode 1 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=163293)
[HorribleSubs] - Episode 1 - 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=163292)

Archangel
Wed, 10-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Lol fuck me, why did i have to visit my sister today of all days...

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM
I think Shimono Hiro nailed it as Keima. He had the mix of arrogance, otaku, and lady-killer well throughout this episode that exemplifies Keima's character. He had to hit all three aspects, and there was a definite distinction between the three. Itou Kanae as Elci (using the CR spelling) didn't fit as well as I hoped. She sounded a bit more mature and refined than I pictured Elci. It's still early though. I really liked Taketatsu Ayana (Azusa from K-ON) as Ayumi, a pity she's already out of the picture since they're jumping onto a rich girl next episode. Lastly on the seiyuu front, Tanaka Atsuko (Caster, Motoko Kusanagi) as the teacher was a very pleasant surprise. Perfect fit.

If I was going into this series cold, I'd have to say the first episode was very rushed. There was a ton of information crammed into those 20 minutes. Elci appearing, Ayumi's entire capture, and the introduction of Keima himself. A bit weak on it's own, but as a far of the manga it was very well done.

Great animation, good soundtrack, but totally meh OP.

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I liked Keima's voice actor too. Elsee (I hated the CR spelling) was so-so.

I agree it felt rushed. Seeing it was based on a 60+ pages chapter they could have easily done it in two episodes.

I disliked the small changes done from the manga though. Making Ayumi look like a wall-crashing ditz for instance... but most importantly how the significance of the last scene changed. Ayumi herself should have boasted her win at Keima only to wonder a second later why she was doing it.

Ah yes... I hate the 'dweeb' name instead of Otomegane. I know the word doesn't exist in english... but dweeb sucks. I expect a decent group to pick this up and fixes 'dweeb' and 'Elci'...if so I'll redownload.

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Making Ayumi look like a wall-crashing ditz for instance... ...Except she does crash into the support beam in chapter 1. Page 11, fourth panel. The scans are bad, but you can tell just the same.

With few exceptions, this episode was key frame for panel.

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-06-2010, 07:42 PM
...Except she does crash into the support beam in chapter 1. Page 11, fourth panel. The scans are bad, but you can tell just the same.

She did indeed. But after being sent flying due to the crash with Keima. The 2nd and 3rd crashes on her own weren't necessary. And breaking the wall wasn't necessary either.

Archangel
Wed, 10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
The only thing i didn't enjoy as i watched that was how crunchyroll changed some of the phrasing, everything else was pretty much spot on so fuck yeah

I especially enjoyed how they were so faithful to the manga, hope that keeps up till the end

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Chihiro Episode 1 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=163364)
Commie Episode 1 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=163569)

So I downloaded Chihiro's version to compare to HorribleSubs. They used 'Four Eyed Geek' for Otamega... It fits tons better than crapptastic 'dweeb' on Horriblesubs. Though I didn't like they used 'Elci' as well.

Im currently downloading the version from Commie to compare and decide which version to follow. As of now Chihiro is tons better.

Anyway... I was re-watching the 2nd trailer, the one that featured more girls. I think they already were preparing Season 2, so those girls were shown there.

Though something catched my eye. The kiss with Ayumi. How come the trailer shows them clearly kissing whereas the anime didn't clearly show the kiss? (though the scene was like that in the manga)

Marik
Thu, 10-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I watched them both as they came out.

Commie uses dweeb and Elsee. Elsea when she uses her full name at the end.
Chihiro uses Four-eyed Geek and Elci. They use Elci on the full name as well.

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-07-2010, 10:20 PM
I watched them both as they came out.

Commie uses dweeb and Elsee.
Chihiro uses Four-eyed Geek and Elci.

Damn it...

I definitely prefer 'Four-eyed Geek' than 'dweeb'... but I hate 'Elci' instead of 'Elsee'

Lets see if another group appears and makes it right... though if someone simply used 'Otamega' would be better...

I didn't notice the opening song was in engrish until I saw Chihiro

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm seeing this from a cold start, and I didn't really find the first episode rushed. I'm not sure if I'd have felt better if I had a more informative exposition, but I didn't feel like I was thrown in the deep end with this one neither.

Otherwise, it's a fun watch.

Marik
Sun, 10-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Lets see if another group appears and makes it right... though if someone simply used 'Otamega' would be better...

Some group named ExSSubs (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=164099) released episode 1 and they used Elsee and Otamegane. No karaoke though.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Now I know what group Im going to archieve. Though according to their wordpress, its a group compromised of only 3 people... and I don't think I'll have the patience to wait for them and will end up seeing the rest. Oh well.

Downloading.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-10-2010, 06:51 AM
I understand getting upset about the spelling of characters names, but "otamegane"?

The word has plenty of English analogs (four-eyed freak, four-eyed nerd, glasses dork, etc), and leaving it untranslated is on par with leaving "nakama" and "gomenasai" untranslated.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-10-2010, 07:01 AM
I initially thought otamegane would work best, but after some thought I definitely agree with Ryll. Four-eyed geek/nerd/otaku would capture it more than enough.

Sapphire
Sun, 10-10-2010, 08:11 AM
WTF is an otamegane? Why the hell would they leave that untranslated?

Just as keikaku.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Otaku (~"nerd/geek") + megane ("glasses"), I believe.

It's just some made up insult they use at Keima.

Sapphire
Sun, 10-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I gleaned that from this thread. I was just saying what would run through my mind if I was watching it.

They should just use four eyes (or, the more lengthy eyed nerd/geek). It's practically a direct translation into a common american idiom, and flows.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I understand getting upset about the spelling of characters names, but "otamegane"?

The word has plenty of English analogs (four-eyed freak, four-eyed nerd, glasses dork, etc), and leaving it untranslated is on par with leaving "nakama" and "gomenasai" untranslated.

Ryll... my problem isn't Otamegane, I've already said I liked 'Four Eyed Geek'. True, I did say it would be good if someone left it untranslated, but I already had accepted 'Four Eyed Geek'

My problem is the use of 'Elci' instead of 'Elsee' or the 'dweeb' translation.

I won't ented the 'nakama' war here... but its a word you can't really translate seeing as the same show uses it as 'friend' or 'comrade' or 'shipmate' regarding the context and who says it.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-10-2010, 10:51 AM
I won't ented the 'nakama' war here... but its a word you can't really translate seeing as the same show uses it as 'friend' or 'comrade' or 'shipmate' regarding the context and who says it.

I believe "nakama" is comrade. Depending on the situation, there just might be a better word in English than "comrade" but it's not inappropriate to use.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I believe "nakama" is comrade. Depending on the situation, there just might be a better word in English than "comrade" but it's not inappropriate to use.

Funimation translates it as 'friend' changing whole scenes in One Piece.

Otamegane (invented word as Ryll already explained) doesn't suffer from this as several translations work. But dweeb doesn't.

Its like the Naruto 'dattebayo' that was translated as 'Believe it' for America. It ruins the context (regarding several future events) and even breaks his speach pattern (where he ends the phrases with -ttebayo).

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Funimation translates it as 'friend' changing whole scenes in One Piece.

Otamegane (invented word as Ryll already explained) doesn't suffer from this as several translations work. But dweeb doesn't.

Its like the Naruto 'dattebayo' that was translated as 'Believe it' for America. It ruins the context (regarding several future events) and even breaks his speach pattern (where he ends the phrases with -ttebayo).

I agree about dweeb. It sounds so awkward.

Kraco
Sun, 10-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I have to confess I'm so out of the contemporary English language teen culture that I'd have needed to google or urban dweeb to even know what it means. Luckily the sub I downloaded didn't use it. It kind of crumbles the effectiveness of an insult if you don't know what it means...

Archangel
Sun, 10-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I have to confess I'm so out of the contemporary English language teen culture that I'd have needed to google or urban dweeb to even know what it means. Luckily the sub I downloaded didn't use it. It kind of crumbles the effectiveness of an insult if you don't know what it means...
Or makes it twice as effective assuming there's an audience

Sapphire
Sun, 10-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't worry Kraco, dweeb is cheesy enough to only be used in specific children/pre-teen TV shows, anyway.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-10-2010, 02:44 PM
@RZ

I don't see the problem with dweeb really. For American English speakers, it isn't a completely unheard of word like Saph pointed out. It just isn't common. Neither is a made up combo word, so I think it fits at least somewhat. Is it less than ideal (a more literal but still suitable insult), yes, but it doesn't destroy the context like you're making it out to be.

fireheart
Sun, 10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Well I'm not a American English speaker though I did know what dweeb meant. The only reason I'm against the usage of dweeb is really because I'm so used to the manga that it just feels weird, also felt this way with what they used to translate kami-sama (Don't remember what they used) though it's just a pet peeve. Though I have to agree when you know what the word is suppose to mean four eyed geek is a better alternative.

Archangel
Sun, 10-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Ok seriously, someone discuss something relating to the episode that doesn't have anything to do with the translation

Kraco
Sun, 10-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Who is stupid enough to strike a deal with the devil yet have no reward at all? Usually it's two kinds of fools who do it willingly: Those genuinely so stupid they think they are getting something awesome out of it, despite selling their soul, and those stupid enough to think they can beat the devil in the devil's own game. And then there are of course those who do it out of desperation, but they are their own class.

But this guy is called a God yet made the deal and everything he gets out of it is his own life - if he's lucky - after toiling like a slave. Yeah, a real genius.

Archangel
Sun, 10-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Who is stupid enough to strike a deal with the devil yet have no reward at all? Usually it's two kinds of fools who do it willingly: Those genuinely so stupid they think they are getting something awesome out of it, despite selling their soul, and those stupid enough to think they can beat the devil in the devil's own game. And then there are of course those who do it out of desperation, but they are their own class.

But this guy is called a God yet made the deal and everything he gets out of it is his own life - if he's lucky - after toiling like a slave. Yeah, a real genius.
He just got stuck with a raw deal and can't get a layer to help him because none of them would want to mess with the place they'll all end up in eventually, har har har.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-10-2010, 04:04 PM
He did sort of get tricked into doing it. It came as an email and appealed to his ego as the king of capturing girls. He didn't think about it enough to realize it might not mean a galge.

Archangel
Sun, 10-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Long story short, only his ego is wider than his genius

It sort of helps his character development throughout the series, what you see now is the Keima that has 0 attachments to the real world. Most importantly, he's completely fine with it.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 10-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Keima accepting that message isn't that ridiculous if you think about it.

From the looks of things, most of the email he gets are from people asking for help with galge game. He really has no reason to assume that message might not be related to Galge games. It's also doesn't looks anything like some sort of contract, it simply has a very vague warning that sound more like a taunt than anything else.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Its not like prior to this development Keima would have had an idea that hell existed and that his own life could be in danger for replying an email that was challenging him...

Kraco
Mon, 10-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Its not like prior to this development Keima would have had an idea that hell existed and that his own life could be in danger for replying an email that was challenging him...

Then it shouldn't be either. It really was only when he accepted the fact, and that was also when he really signed a nonprofit deal with the devil. It has certain philosophical (or theological) properties to it. If he signed a deal to catch 2D girls' hearts, the other party can't kill him for not catching 3D girls' hearts. That's not how such deals work. But unfortunately for Keima, he changed his own views the moment Elsee told him to and thus sealed his fate. Like the biggest fool ever.

Note that I'm only talking hypothetically here, assuming he indeed wasn't stupid enough to sign a clear deal to begin with. I can't remember the exact wording of the contract anymore.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 10-11-2010, 02:27 AM
You're looking way too hard into it.

The email said and i paraphrase

"I heard you can capture any girl, but i don't really believe it. If you really can do then please help me with some girls. PS: If you can't do it, don't press the button."

He accepted what he thought was a challenge and then find out that he will die if he back out of it in anyway. It's more like they tricked him into a "do this or die" situation rather than any "deal" going on.

I don't think the context of what he accepted really matters here. All that matter to hell is that he accepted their very vague contract, so he dies if he doesn't go through with it.

Don't think about it like a devil contract you see in other shows. It's more like being tricked by a company into signing a contract or deals that screw you over.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Indeed. Keima was tricked because they challeged his status as 'Capture God'. And even if the mail was made more clear about their true intentions, Keima would still think of it as a challenge, not knowing about the existance of Hell prior to it.

He got tricked and screwed. Nothing much he can do buy comply at this moment.

Kraco
Mon, 10-11-2010, 08:35 AM
He could always visit a local metal workshop to get rid of the ring, but I guess he's too proud to solve the situation in any other way than by fulfilling the request.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-11-2010, 08:41 AM
He could always visit a local metal workshop to get rid of the ring, but I guess he's too proud to solve the situation in any other way than by fulfilling the request.

I think you're greatly underestimating the gods there Kraco. A bind that mere humans can break? :p

I'm against the usage of dweeb is really because I'm so used to the manga that it just feels weird, also felt this way with what they used to translate kami-sama (Don't remember what they used) though it's just a pet peeve.

I thought Divine One was rather appropriate. 'God' by itself strongly suggests the Almighty One. Divine One is more easily thought of as 'a divine one', like 'young one'.

Kraco
Mon, 10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I think you're greatly underestimating the gods there Kraco. A bind that mere humans can break? :p

One look at Elsee and I couldn't possibly be underestimating them quite enough.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-11-2010, 10:40 AM
One look at Elsee and I couldn't possibly be underestimating them quite enough.

I was going to answer this... but I can't since the anime skipped a scene from the manga that could have explained this, from the very first chapter. I hope episode 2 covers this.

Archangel
Wed, 10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
[HorribleSubs] - 02 [720p] - [ Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=165097) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/FEdprEX/) ]
[HorribleSubs] - 02 [480p] - [ Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=165096) | DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/X4ZbaRb/) ]

vejita613
Wed, 10-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Two episodes in, and I have to say Hiro Shimono isnt doing too bad as Keima. Truthfully though, Elsee (as well as the animation) is really whats keeping me watching. Kanae Itou is doing a fantastic job.

Archangel
Thu, 10-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Crunchyroll Ranks Fall 2010 Simulcasts by Popularity (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-10-12/crunchyroll-ranks-fall-2010-simulcasts-by-popularity)

:)

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Chihiro Episode 2 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=165173) is using Elsee now :)

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-15-2010, 03:50 AM
You skipped it no doubt, but the CR translation is now "Elsie."

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-15-2010, 08:24 AM
You skipped it no doubt, but the CR translation is now "Elsie."

Inconsistency FTW. (I expect a V2 for Chihiro... if not... I'll try to remux the episode to fix it)

Indeed. I usually skip all Horriblesubs and Crunchysubs files when I find a fansub I like and that doesn't take ages to release.

Regarding the episode:

The first half had me laughing hard. I honestly had forgotten about this part of the manga and thought we would go straight towards the 2nd girl. Keima's reactions are gold.

Wasn't his PSP PFP suppossed to have been wrapped in a plastic bag (in the manga) when he was using it in the bath? (before Elsee 'cleaned' it)

I really liked the ending as well, both visually and audio.

Kraco
Fri, 10-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Elsee tries really hard to be a good little sister. Keima needs at least Buddha's if not a god's nerves to retain his sanity between her well meaning but disastrous actions and the unreasonable terms of the contract. No wonder Elsee was kept in the broom squad and not designated to any real jobs.

Archangel
Fri, 10-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Both the OP and ED are so original and great, Manglobe knows its stuff

I'll mention it again, the level of faithfulness to the manga is uncanny

Archangel
Wed, 10-20-2010, 02:54 PM
[HorribleSubs] - 03 [720p].mkv - [ Torrent ] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=166895)
[HorribleSubs] - 03 [480p].mkv - [ Torrent ] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=166893)

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 10-21-2010, 04:08 AM
What a pimp xD

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-22-2010, 12:30 AM
This went better than I remembered

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-22-2010, 05:25 PM
I never liked this arc. The rich girl really being poor is such an overused trope, the best thing about the whole arc was when Keima declared that winning her over would be super easy. That and Elsee in a completely out of place maid outfit.

Worse is that the rich girl's VA really annoys me. She's great when she plays quiet girls like Noel (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=11835) and Korone (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=13362), or bratty little elementary schoolers like Murasaki (Kurenai) or Marika (Ai Baby), but when she starts to get all emotional like here or Mina Tepes, her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard. She still sounds like an elementary schooler, but at least you know she's supposed to sound like a little brat.

Archangel
Fri, 10-22-2010, 06:34 PM
It's never been one of my favorite arcs either. Mio's love for Keima builds up too quickly and with hardly any setbacks, for one to truly appreciate the abilities of the capturing God there needs to be a couple of twists to both the character and the setting before the ending can be seen.

Next episode should be a good one, can't wait to see the capturing God's true form animated :p

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-22-2010, 08:24 PM
but when she starts to get all emotional like here or Mina Tepes

So that's the missing piece of the puzzle. He blond twintails weren't enough to trigger my memory.

Archangel
Fri, 10-22-2010, 08:30 PM
So that's the missing piece of the puzzle. He blond twintails weren't enough to trigger my memory.
Loli blonde twintails with a stuckup attitude

You suck at puzzles

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Im surprised no one posted this yet

Chihiro 04 720 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=168707)
HorribleSubs 04 720 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=168650)
Horrible Subs 04 480 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=168648)

An awesome and funny episode

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-28-2010, 01:46 AM
Poor Elsi <3

Archangel
Thu, 10-28-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm surprised such an amount of attention was given to this particular chapter and even more so that they managed to make such a good episode out of it

Also, Hakua art on the preview! <3

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-28-2010, 09:53 AM
I loved that art at the end.

During the loop I was laughing very hard thanks to the context of the episode. Any other series would have annoyed me with a scene being repeated so much.

Kraco
Thu, 10-28-2010, 03:30 PM
I hope that game never gets a fantranslation. I might try to play it accidentally.

Marik
Tue, 11-02-2010, 05:53 AM
[Ritsuka] Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai OP Single - God Only Knows [Oratorio The World God Only Knows].rar (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=170200)

Vocals by ELISA.

[Nipponsei] Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai OP Single - God only knows ~ Shuuseki Kairo no Yume Tabibito [ELISA].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Kami%20Nomi%20zo%20Shiru%20Sekai %20OP%20Single%20-%20God%20only%20knows%20%7E%20Shuuseki%20Kairo%20n o%20Yume%20Tabibito%20%5BELISA%5D.zip.torrent)

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I really like that song. I'll get it later. I really need to organize all the songs I've downloaded... I think I have several GB of unorganized stuff still in need to upload to the ipod... bleh

Archangel
Tue, 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM
The single is 8 fucking minutes long???

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-03-2010, 08:06 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 05 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=170617)

Archangel
Wed, 11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Ignore above post

[Chihiro] - h.264 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=170682)

Marik
Wed, 11-03-2010, 08:45 PM
[Chihiro] The World God Only Knows - 05v2 [1280x720 H.264 AAC] [01A4106F].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=170690)

Old file was corrupted, so here’s a quick v2. Nobody got the first file anyways.

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I love Kanon-chan.

I can't wait for the single that includes her songs

On a side note... I experienced a few slow downs with Chihiro's V2... can anyone who didn't have problems share their configurations for Media Player Classic, ffdshow and haali media splitter please

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-04-2010, 12:00 AM
I love Kanon-chan.

I love it even more when Elsi tries to imitate her. She's fit in completely with (what's left of) the family, watching idol TV and fighting at the dinner table. I wonder what excuse she came up with for using Kami-nii-sama up until now. Their mum must surely have caught onto it.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-06-2010, 07:37 AM
I love it even more when Elsi tries to imitate her. She's fit in completely with (what's left of) the family, watching idol TV and fighting at the dinner table. I wonder what excuse she came up with for using Kami-nii-sama up until now. Their mum must surely have caught onto it.I think she ignores it. She's still too angry at her husband, and she definitely likes that she has a "normal" daughter in comparison to her oddball son. Does it really matter that the sister idolizes her brother? As angry as she was at the situation of having to care for her husband's illegitimate child, she really likes Elsie because she's a cute, normal "daughter" (ignoring the fact that Elsie is at least 260 years older than her).

I really like Kanon's voice. There is a distinct freshness to it, and not just because this appears to be her debut role. She sounds like a cross between Itou Kanae (Elsie), Yui Horie, and Houko Kawashima. I agree with RZ, the sooner a single comes out, the better.

Keima vindictively ignoring her, heh. It's clear from the last scene that she has attention need issues. Likely some minor past trauma. Keima could not have possibly insulted her more. I don't think she is an attention whore though, she seems nicer than that.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=172374)

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Another song by Kanon-chan... right?

Chihiro 06 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=172427)

Archangel
Fri, 11-12-2010, 01:44 AM
What she lacked in musical novelty she made up for in moe and just general cuteness

That was even more adorable than in the manga, i had a kawaiigasm

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-12-2010, 02:28 AM
What she lacked in musical novelty she made up for in moe and just general cuteness

That was even more adorable than in the manga, i had a kawaiigasm

I don't quite get her appeal.

Elsie just keeps stealing the show for me. Maybe it's something to do with Kanon's attention-hogging, broken mentality. Even if it's different, the whole "You Must Recognise Me!" attitude ticks me off the same way it does when a rich girl (with followers A and B) says it.

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Kanon doesn't have a 'you must recognize me' attitude because she enjoys people seeing her. She's got a complex caused by being ignored most of her life, as shown on the flashback. Its quite different from the point of view of a 'rich girl' as you put it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Kanon doesn't have a 'you must recognize me' attitude because she enjoys people seeing her. She's got a complex caused by being ignored most of her life, as shown on the flashback. Its quite different from the point of view of a 'rich girl' as you put it.

Indeed it's different. Yet it gives to same effect (on me).

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-12-2010, 04:35 PM
She generally doesn't do that much for me to be honest, but for some reason I like her more than anyone so far aside from Ayumi.

Maybe it's something to do with Kanon's attention-hogging, broken mentality. Even if it's different, the whole "You Must Recognise Me!" attitude ticks me off the same way it does when a rich girl (with followers A and B) says it.
I think Zell hits on it, but it seems much deeper than that. She was ignored most of her life, and to garner attention, she put a lot of effort into becoming a popular, likable idol. When someone ignores her, it's like all that effort was for nothing and she's back to being a mousy, invisible girl. She's not demanding attention, she's throwing herself out there.

The problem Keima caught on while he was playing the galge with the idol in it is that Kanon doesn't act like one (at least from his viewpoint). The game idol was singing for the protagonist/player at the ending, yet Kanon is singing to be noticed. She isn't singing for anyone but herself.

It's kind between what RZ and Bill were stating. All that changed when she started focusing on Keima not knowing who she is. Then, she started singing for him. The strange part is that actually made her problem worse, not better. If Kanon was like the cookie-cutter idol from the game, she'd have gotten better with just that. She became even more obsessed with being noticed, despite already having so much attention.

I think her enthusiasm is genuine, but at the same time her motivation is all wrong. Then she flips again when Keima becomes her confidant. However, she starts obsessing about having all of his attention, but at the same time having no confidence in her own actions.

She craves attention, but doesn't seem to have any focus with what to do with that attention.

tl;dr
Kanon is a confusing character. She seems to be very simple, but the harder you look at her, the more complicated she becomes.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-17-2010, 06:31 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 07 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=174214)

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Chihiro Ep07 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=174268)
Chihiro Ep07 400p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=174288)

Kanon-chan T__T

More songs. Heck... I want her songs... now.

Archangel
Thu, 11-18-2010, 12:00 AM
They did a good job in incorporating the material from the side-chapters in the episode

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Despite my feelings towards Kanon's episodes before, I rather enjoyed this one. It must have been the lack of tasers.

KrayZ33
Wed, 11-24-2010, 06:28 PM
is there something wrong with chihiros subs?
picked this show up today and sometimes it seems like they forgot to sub a few sentences

(happened om ep6 and now ep7)

btw I just realized: isnt' "Happy Crescent" the song which Takako in Kannagi sings during the Karaoke-episode?

edit: hmm nm, I wonder why I recognize this song though

Archangel
Wed, 11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Can you point out those examples more accurately? I never found any unsubbed sentences even though I'm archiving them

KrayZ33
Thu, 11-25-2010, 12:28 PM
seems like something with my computer/player went wrong when I watched them...

Episode 6 11:39 -> showed no subs when I watched it the first time
however its fine now, so no problems here anymore

well, I have to say I'm really impressed by this show so far... I didn't want to watch it at first because the story sounded so weird, but the animation is really nice and I like the cuteness-factor in this show (chibi-design etc)

Kanon is my favorite so far, but why didn't she lose her memories?
I'm not saying I don't like it, but I can't see why

Archangel
Thu, 11-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Delicious Milf is delicious

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Chihiro Ep 08 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=175889)

Awesome episode. I miss my Kanon-chan though.

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Chihiro Ep 09 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=177193)

Shiori is so cute. And awesome to see Kanon at least for a few seconds.

Archangel
Thu, 12-02-2010, 09:02 AM
I felt this was an all around amazing episode; the animation was fresh and fun, the soundtrack was fitting and Hanazawa Kana ( now officially my favorite female VA ) is playing Shiori

I honestly feel like an asshole for ever doubting the anime, this is turning out better than i could ever have hoped for.

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Keima himself said that 'games' are competing creating the 'best librarian girl'. I think the series itself made a great one. Ryllharu pointed out before, as an example, Nodoka of Negima. If I had to choose between this two... Shiori would win by light years.

KrayZ33
Thu, 12-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Awww... that was cute, I enjoyed every second of this

shinta|hikari
Thu, 12-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I think the reason the KamiNomi versions of the girls seem "better" than similar characters of their type is because they were designed from such a mold with an intentional (usually very extreme) increase in a certain distinguishing characteristic for that archetype. The rich girl is super snobby, the athletic girl is extremely hyper, the idol wants too much attention, and this time the librarian is almost inexplicably shy.

The show itself is aware that it is handling with common female character types (since that is the point of the show anyway) so it really goes out of its way to give additional flare to each girl, with some resulting in more success than others.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I was an episode behind.

Episode 8:
Ending eyecatch: Sano Toshihide drawing Keima's mom... Holy. Shit. I can't imagine a more ideal galge artist-TWGOK character combination. I recognized it instantly, even without the signature at the bottom.

Episode 9:

Elsie and her newfound love for fire trucks. All else is secondary.

Like RZ said, Shiori is a very focused kind of librarian girl. They are indeed very common. Shiori gets bonus points for being so shy and introverted that the majority of her "dialogue" is internal. She puts all other shy librarian types to shame.

Archangel
Thu, 12-09-2010, 06:50 AM
The World God Only Knows 10

h.264: Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=178731)

XviD: Torrent (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=178742)

DDL: A wild DDL appears! (http://www.animetake.com/the-world-god-only-knows-episode-10/)

This is seriously the best show of the season.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 12-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Baka~
Aho~

Moe death.

KrayZ33
Thu, 12-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Baka~
Aho~

Moe death.

lol, true... very fun to watch that over and over again
this show is truely enjoyable, I wish it would air 2 times a week or something like that.

btw does someone know when Kanon's songs and the ED are going to be released? I can only find character editions of the ED but not the "original"

edit: huh just found the ED @ Nipponsei (together with Kanons version of it) btw who sings the original used in the Anime?
still no Kanon songs though :(

KrayZ33
Sat, 12-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Guys?

http://www.chihiro-subs.com/2010/12/16/the-world-god-only-knows-11-released/

you asleep?

Oh man, she is so cute when she is shocked/embarrassed

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-29-2010, 02:35 PM
so EP12 was realeased a while ago, really weird but funny stuff :D

April -> second season
I want it so bad.. new demon character. yay

I hope you guys didn't abandon the best show this season

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Nah. I was just lazy to post the link since no one else had been posting. Episode 12 was hilarious with the God Mode and all the console jokes and everything. A very enjoyable episode.

Shiori's ending (ep 11) was a bit slow. Slower than I remember actually.

I hope Season 2 has at least 24 episodes... its sad to see such small material from a 100+ chapter manga.

oyabun
Wed, 12-29-2010, 08:22 PM
It's pretty wierd that he was still playing old consoles, unless new eroge came out for SNES.

KrayZ33
Thu, 12-30-2010, 01:31 PM
didn't he do it to replay the games to compare it to the new ones?

Archangel
Thu, 12-30-2010, 04:28 PM
He was just feeling retro at the time

shinta|hikari
Thu, 12-30-2010, 07:34 PM
He replayed old releases of that Derby game.

I LOLd really hard when the "derby" turned into a shooter.

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-31-2010, 03:05 PM
And we complained of Final Fantasy re-releases. That Derby game is probably a favorite of Keima's... since he got the re-release for every damn console.

I LOLd hard at Keima playing at the Wii.

Xelbair
Fri, 12-31-2010, 09:21 PM
I lol'd hard when he used wiimote to play Touhou like game.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
The final librarian arc and God-Mode episode salvaged the series for me. The previous three girls bored me to death. Even the constant Elsi appearances couldn't quite even up the balance.

The new Hell Girl looks pretty cool though. I wonder if she'll replace, be beaten by, or simply compliment Elsi (assuming she is also Keima's assistant).

I'm not enjoying the prospect that she could be a competitor with her own Divine One at this point.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-20-2011, 10:09 AM
btw does someone know when Kanon's songs and the ED are going to be released? I can only find character editions of the ED but not the "original"

edit: huh just found the ED @ Nipponsei (together with Kanons version of it) btw who sings the original used in the Anime?
still no Kanon songs though :(

I can't check at the moment (office = torrent sites blocked) but... Did Kanon's songs get released?

Marik
Wed, 03-02-2011, 10:35 PM
[Shin-S] Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai Insert Song Album - Birth [Toyama Nao].zip: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=197490) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YG36L0DO)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bOLO3auVkZc/TW8D5BfPoMI/AAAAAAAAAeA/kdqjD-F0MKA/s320/Kami+Nomi+zo+Shiru+Sekai+Insert+Song+Album+-+Birth.jpg

Tracklist:
1. Date of Birth
2. LOVE KANON
3. YES-TODAY
4. ALL 4 YOU
5. Uraha Love
6. Happy Crescent
7. Omoi wa Rain Rain
8. Love Call
9. Darling Baby
10. Birth

320kbps.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-11-2011, 08:31 PM
HorribleSubs - S2 Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=205540)

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-11-2011, 08:59 PM
I refuse to watch HorribleSubs. Anyone know which groups plan to pick up Season 2?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-11-2011, 10:07 PM
What's wrong with Horriblesubs? Are you against them because they rip subs? Other than that, the translation is fine.

I know I said that a faster pacing is better, but why did it have to happen to one of my favorite girls? The Kusunoki arc seems like it will end in just 2 episodes.

Marik
Mon, 04-11-2011, 10:48 PM
I refuse to watch HorribleSubs. Anyone know which groups plan to pick up Season 2?

[Chihiro] The World God Only Knows II - 01v2 [1280x720 H.264 AAC] [ED0D1110].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=206149)

Changes from v1:
1. Encoded from .ts
2. OP lyrics updated to be semi-official (except a couple of lines not available)
3. QC errors (hopefully) removed
We also seem to want to go with Elsie now. >.<

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-11-2011, 11:03 PM
What's wrong with Horriblesubs? Are you against them because they rip subs? Other than that, the translation is fine.

I know I said that a faster pacing is better, but why did it have to happen to one of my favorite girls? The Kusunoki arc seems like it will end in just 2 episodes.

Im not against them riping the subs. My problem is that whenever I get a 'sub' from them, I always get out of sync subs. Bad luck? Probably.

[Chihiro] The World God Only Knows II - 01 [1280x720_H.264_AAC] [75B63FC9].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=205648)

Thank you!

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-12-2011, 12:37 AM

So far she's my favourite girl too, though the librarian arc developed a better atmosphere overall.

HS never gives me out-of-sync subs. Only encoding errors that result in horrible blocking at times. It only emerged a few months ago, and has gone dormant until this ep.

Archangel
Tue, 04-12-2011, 05:11 AM
This show has some God-tier openings... shit be awesome. The animation quality remained fantastic as well, the punching scene was especially impressive.

The pacing felt fine to me, this arc was only 4 chapters long to begin with. I'm thinking they'll fillerize the date a bit and conclude it with the second part.

What surprised me though was that she wasn't the first girl to make an appearance, after the ending of the last season i thought they were gonna switch the order a bit.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-18-2011, 07:21 PM
HorribleSubs - S2 Episode 02 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=207315)

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Chihiro Ep 02 (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BChihiro%5D_The_World_God_Only_Knows_II_-_02_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5BCA959B27%5D.mkv.tor rent)

EDIT upon watching:

Im surprised they wrapped Kusunoki's arc so fast.

Though on 2nd thought... I just checked the manga and it was even shorter there =P

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-20-2011, 09:25 AM
It was short. While I liked it, it probably didn't last long enough to leave a deep impression in my though. On the other hand, the four-episode librarian arc was pretty good, even though moe-types like her aren't usually my favourite (though extremely likable all the same).

I actually paid attention to the ED animation this time, and the 3rd girl's hair is nice too. Back to this episode though, there's always something about long hair reaching just past the skirt that's darn right alluring.

I'm also starting to hope that an overarcing plot kicks in soon.

Archangel
Wed, 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm also starting to hope that an overarcing plot kicks in soon.

There is one, but i'm not expecting to see more than subtle alluring to it in this season. That is assuming that it's only 12 episodes long.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-25-2011, 03:52 PM
HorribleSubs - S2 Episode 03 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=209169)

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Chihiro S2 Ep 03 (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BChihiro%5D_The_World_God_Only_Knows_II_-_03_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5B75645511%5D.mkv.tor rent)

HA-QU-A!! HA-QU-A!!

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 04-27-2011, 12:59 AM
^ What he said!

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-27-2011, 08:48 AM
"I-I-It's not like I'm rotating for you or anything.." I had a nice little chuckle at that one.

Haqua didn't turn out to be an instant hit for me like I thought she would. Perhaps it's that constant blush that stops her cold exterior from settling in too much.

Archangel
Wed, 04-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Duh? She hasn't gone full dere yet.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Duh? She hasn't gone full dere yet.

What I was saying was that she was too dere to start with.

Marik
Thu, 04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
[Nipponsei] Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Kami%20Nomi%20zo%20Shiru%20Sekai %20Original%20Soundtrack.zip.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-02-2011, 06:10 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 04 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=211110)

vejita613
Mon, 05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Ah well...it was nice to see her while it lasted.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-09-2011, 07:53 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 05 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=212758)

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-09-2011, 10:11 PM
LOL... Dragon Ball... Snoopy... Cameos... and Ayumi?

Awesome.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-16-2011, 09:06 PM
HorribleSubs - S2 Episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=214403)

Marik
Tue, 05-17-2011, 05:10 AM
[Shin-S] Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai II OP Single - A Whole New World God Only Knows: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=214504) | DDL (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3YXNSZ2)

---

[Shin-S] Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai Insert Song Single - Koi, Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu!: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=214520) | DDL (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YMM811N3)

Only available with the limited edition of ROUTE 4.0 of the DVD/Blu-Ray releases.

vejita613
Tue, 05-17-2011, 02:14 PM
I remember reading this arc and not liking it. But, I dont remember why.

miyama_ryu
Tue, 05-17-2011, 05:19 PM
This arc is the best so far. Keima woos weird girl was getting a little boring. Too bad loose souls have a tendency to target weird girls. I hope Keima sticks to more normal girls like Chihiro from now on.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-17-2011, 06:20 PM
I find it to be one of the weakest arcs by far. Chihiro is a background character, just like Keima says. There isn't anything that really makes her stand out, nor does she really have any deeply rooted goal or problem. She's just normal and far and away the least interesting character in the series so far.

In fact, the only really interesting thing all episode was Ayumi approaching Keima and getting overly aware and embarrassed about it. She's forgotten everything, yet somehow she still can't stand her best friend and him hating each other.

Chihiro is just too bland, and too blasé about life.

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Indeed. Only good part of this arc was Ayumi.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Chihiro is just too bland, and too blasé about life

That's exactly why I'm enjoying this arc. It's refreshing in that it's not about any odd stereotype, but just a normal person with no real goal or flair about them. Perhaps I'm just empathising with Chihiro or something..

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-18-2011, 09:42 AM
I like the arc because it focuses a bit more on Keima, and it has to, with such a normal heroine.

KrayZ33
Wed, 05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
That's exactly why I'm enjoying this arc. It's refreshing in that it's not about any odd stereotype, but just a normal person with no real goal or flair about them.

I think so too, this arc is "deeper" than the others so far in my opinion.
the good thing about this arc is that it shows how Keima involves himself with the "real world" more and more now.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-18-2011, 04:22 PM
It seems the divide between the Real and the Game is evident even in this thread.

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-18-2011, 04:44 PM
It seems the divide between the Real and the Game is evident even in this thread.
More like, I dislike Chihiro and think she is boring because she is apathetic about life and doesn't invest herself in or toward anything. I find that attitude/outlook particularly unlikable.

Keima called her out on giving up too easily and daring to call her shallow attraction toward one guy as easily as the next, "love."

edit:
To clarify, Ayumi cares about track, Kusunoki cares about being strong or protecting the weak, Kanon cared about being noticed and bringing people happiness, Shiori cares deeply about books, Haqua cared about living up to expectations, Mio cared about her father's memory. Chihiro cares deeply about nothing. That is what makes her a weak heroine.

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-18-2011, 05:11 PM
I agree with Ryll. While the episode was indeed cute and the like... Chihiro is indeed a background character with zero motivation. The arc itself is interesting due to the problems Keima is facing due to Chihiro's lack of motivation... whereas Chihiro is bland and unnoticeable.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-18-2011, 05:44 PM
I think that a person who does not care deeply about anything (except themselves) is pretty realistic. Most real people are like that. Chihiro is normal. Keima emphasized that more than enough.

All the other characters care about something so much and that is what makes them special (and is also partially responsible for creating the gaps in their heart), and as Keima put it, worthy of being a game heroine.

That is what I meant when I said it is a divide between the Real and the Game. Some like the normal girl arc, while some like the special girls arcs. Nothing more than that.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-23-2011, 08:06 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 07 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=216062)

Marik
Tue, 05-24-2011, 05:01 AM
[Shin-S] Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai II ED Single - Ai no Yokan: Torrent (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=216126) | DDL (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e9omo9goffey9c0)

RyougaZell
Sat, 05-28-2011, 09:24 PM
The music made this episode shine.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Horriblesubs - S2 Episode 08 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=217749)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-06-2011, 10:35 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=219358)

Marik
Fri, 06-10-2011, 09:38 AM
The World Only God Knows Manga Gets New Video Anime (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-10/the-world-only-god-knows-manga-gets-new-video-anime)

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-10-2011, 12:14 PM
The World Only God Knows Manga Gets New Video Anime (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-10/the-world-only-god-knows-manga-gets-new-video-anime)

An OAV? Hmmm. I wonder if they will animate the Novel Storylines here.

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-10-2011, 03:46 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=219358)

I love Toyosaki Aki, I think she is a great VA and that her frequently cutesy roles undermine how skilled she really is (seriously, listen to one of her test reels sometime), but even she can't save Nagase Jun.

Chihiro's arc was able to around in the final segment, and really gets to the root of her problem. In retrospect, Chihiro's arc is a pretty good one because it dealt with a realistic problem (hardcore apathy) in a realistic way.

But Nagase Jun is stunningly more boring. She's kind of like the worst dating sim teacher arc ever. Keima got into why teachers are bad in dating sims, and Jun is already turning his plans over on him. That's all well and good, but she lacks everything that would make a teacher arc good...and that is an air of adult sexiness.

Jun is idealistic, immature, and old fashioned, all at once. Nikaidou-sensei, their normal teacher, would be a much better conquest. Nikaidou's kind of the complete opposite of Jun. Jun breaks a stereotype that throws Keima off a bit, but that isn't a good thing here. She feels in every way like a lazy-writing heroine.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-11-2011, 04:40 AM
What you said may be valid, Ryll - so call me inexperienced in dating teachers (irl or not) as that's true, but I'm already looking forward to more of this arc. Perhaps I'm simply swallowed by her hairstyle and energy. I find the fact that she's throwing Keima off to be a good thing. I was getting a little tired of him knocking (up?) down all the girls one at a time with the same general pattern.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 06-14-2011, 07:37 AM
They should have made the conquest about Nikaidou.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-14-2011, 10:04 AM
HorribleSubs - Episode 10 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=220855)

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Horrible Subs - Episode 11 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=222470)
Horrible Subs - Episode 12 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=224083)

i couldn't wait anymore and watched HS. Sue me.

Jun's arc was very enjoyable. Between Jun, Chihiro and Haqua this was a very good season.

Last episode was great because of the other character cameos, specially Kanon singing Uraha Love.

The Season 3 teasing at the end was evil. I want that season NOW

Archangel
Tue, 06-28-2011, 04:43 AM
Fun fact, yokkyun was voiced by Sakura from CCS

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Fun fact, yokkyun was voiced by Sakura from CCS

I knew I recognized the voice from somewhere. I hadn't heard Tange Sakura in years.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-29-2011, 09:54 AM
The Gundam parody made me laugh the most.

In the end though, my favourite girl is Elsie.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
OMG, they plagiarized gundam. That was definitely Amuro and Char in that fencing scene.

vejita613
Wed, 06-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Plagiarize? Wasn't it more of a parody?

edit: er, nvm. you were probably joking...

Archangel
Wed, 06-29-2011, 02:14 PM
The Gundam parody made me laugh the most.

In the end though, my favourite girl is Elsie.

You're in good company, she won the latest popularity poll too

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-29-2011, 08:23 PM
You're in good company, she won the latest popularity poll too

The only thing holding her back is that all of her scenes make her out to be either useless, child-like or ditzy. Those qualities are fine, but if that's all she gets, you really can't expand on her too much. Give her one serious arc, and she'll win hands down. (looks like she's already getting there anyway).

Archangel
Fri, 07-01-2011, 07:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oiM7P.gif

I have the most pressing urge to pixelate that hotdog...

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Kanon Nakagawa to Sing "The World God Only Knows" OVA Opening Theme

The official website for The World God Only Knows (aka Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai) has announced that idol Kanon Nakagawa starring Nao Touyama will be singing the opening theme to the OVA "The World God Only Knows: Four People and an Idol" (Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Yonnin to Aidoru).

The opening theme is called "Natsuiro Surprise" and will be released on Kanon's new single (GNCA-0210 LE/GNCA-0211 RE) of the same name on September 14th.

The OVA will be included with the limited edition of volume 14 of the manga, to be released on September 16th. This will be the first CD for the idol since her album "Birth" was released in March.

Sources:
Crunchyroll (http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/06/25-1/kanon-nakagawa-to-sing-the-world-god-only-knows-ova-opening-theme)
Kaminomi.jp (http://kaminomi.jp/kanon/index.html#NewSingle)

----------

So the OAV is titled 'Four People and an Idol' ? I expect Kanon to be featured then. Which would mean its an original plot? More Kanon songs is a win.

Archangel
Thu, 07-21-2011, 09:18 AM
I expect tutoring

stella01
Mon, 07-25-2011, 06:42 AM
Its music is awesome..

Archangel
Sun, 07-31-2011, 02:15 PM
HNNNNNNG (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/08/01/cutesy-elsie-nendoroid/)

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Is it so hard to link to a non-porn site?

I'm buying this two. I just hope they do more characters. I want Ayumi and Kanon for starters.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7246/354164641edit550x.jpg
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/2498/354165170edit550x.jpg

Archangel
Sun, 07-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Is it so hard to link to a non-porn site?

Is it so hard to stop being a whiny little bitch? :(

Marik
Mon, 08-08-2011, 03:15 PM
[Nipponsei] Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai II Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Kami%20Nomi%20zo%20Shiru%20Sekai %20II%20Original%20Soundtrack.zip.torrent)

Archangel
Sun, 08-21-2011, 08:53 AM
GOD DAMMIT CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibJdh9CHuQY

DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ DORO DORO DORO DORO UNTZ

Marik
Wed, 08-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Newly animated music video for Kanae Itō, Saori Hayami's song previewed online

Greetings from special agents Elysia de Lute Ima and Haqua d'rot Herminium — the full music album under the name of two popular characters from The World God Only Knows anime — will ship on September 21 in a limited edition with a newly animated music video. The DVD bundled with the album's limited first edition will include a special music video for the song "Nonstop!! Hunters" by Kaketama-tai (Runaway Spirit Team), or Kanae Itō and Saori Hayami.

The official website for the anime began streaming a preview of the music video on Wednesday.

Nonstop!! Hunters: Music Video Preview (http://kaminomi.jp/cd/index.html#full_album)

Protip: You need Quicktime or QT Lite to view it.

Archangel
Wed, 08-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Argh... quicktime

I uploaded it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRolfSiWgug

Marik
Wed, 09-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai ~Yonnin to Idol~ OVA OP Single - Natsuiro Surprise
Artist: Toyama Nao

Tracklist:
1. Natsuiro Surprise
2. Summer Boy
3. Love Call Orchestra ver.
4. Natsuiro Surprise (Instrumental)
5. Summer Boy (Instrumental)
6. Love Call Orchestra ver. (Instrumental)

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tctt6uaktly30yz) | MegaUpload
(http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJ5GK0ZW)

[Nipponsei] Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai OVA OP Single - Natsu iro Surprise [Toyama Nao].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Kami%20Nomi%20zo%20Shiru%20Sekai %20OVA%20OP%20Single%20-%20Natsu%20iro%20Surprise%20%5BToyama%20Nao%5D.zip .torrent)

RyougaZell
Mon, 09-19-2011, 10:49 PM
I bought that cd. Its on transit so I'll refrain from downloading. Thanks for sharing though Marik.

Anyone knows which groups, if any, plan to sub the OAV? Its been out for a few days already but there no sub in sight.

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Muxed-Subs Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai OAV (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=246978)

Kanon-chan!! T___T

Archangel
Wed, 09-21-2011, 05:46 PM
There was an essential scene missing from the manga... but other than that, not bad.

Still no third season announcement...

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-21-2011, 08:01 PM
There was an essential scene missing from the manga... but other than that, not bad.

Still no third season announcement...

Those two things annoyed me. A lot.
The Limited Edition Cd of the single Marik posted above apparently has the extended version of the opening song with an extended video as a bonus. Will confirm when I get my disc. Probably on friday.

RyougaZell
Tue, 10-04-2011, 10:38 PM
"Nakagawa Kanon - Natsuiro Surprise" + "Haqua & Elsie - Nonstop Hunters" (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=250368)

Archangel
Wed, 10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Where can i buy one of those jars in the ending?

Archangel
Fri, 12-07-2012, 05:57 AM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-07/the-world-god-only-knows-gets-3rd-season-and-spinoff-ova

Fuck yeah bitch~

Shadow Skill
Sat, 12-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Nice, I can't wait. :D