PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 501

Marik
Wed, 07-07-2010, 08:44 PM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xlnjz2tkm4m) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/undlz2) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/16120179/2)

animus
Wed, 07-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Decent chapter. Not much to say. Minato just seems so out of his league. I hope he does manage to kick Tobi/whatever around a bit before killing himself to seal the Kyuubi.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Short, sweet, interesting, enlightening and best of all I'm excited about the next chapter. This is some good stuff right here.

Just as Aizen Planned.

rockmanj
Wed, 07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Wow, solid chapter. It makes Minato seem a bit more relatable as well. All we heard was that he is this invincible superman, but its good to see his more 'human' side, as it were.

Carnage
Wed, 07-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Wait wait I just realized...the man behind the mask....is Gerard.

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Wait wait I just realized...the man behind the mask....is Gerard.

No. Its Aizen. Just as he planned.

Anyway... I love Minato and Kushina's backstory more than the current manga events... or most of the manga... I liked Kakashi's Gaiden as well. I think its the fact that they are real ninjas, not wannabe ninjas putting friendship over national security. Okay... Kakashi and Minato do look after their friends and all... but we haven't seen them place a whole village in danger to protect a Missing Nin.

Sidnne
Wed, 07-07-2010, 10:21 PM
I think the cool thing about this flashback is that we have been hearing about this moment since the beginning of the manga and I'm sure we've all kind of had presumptions/images in our heads regarding how it all went down. Now we finally get to see it be told in the manga.

Assertn
Wed, 07-07-2010, 10:50 PM
It feels like so little actually progressed in the chapter. Madara separates Minato and Kushina, then removes Kyubi.

That's basically it.

Also, I find it strange that the key frog expressed the prevalent sentiment that Kyubi was believed to be a "natural disaster" that struck Konoha 15 years ago, despite the fact that everyone up until 15 years ago thought the Kyubi was sealed by the Uzumaki clan.

Yukimura
Wed, 07-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Okay... Kakashi and Minato do look after their friends and all... but we haven't seen them place a whole village in danger to protect a Missing Nin.

Yet...

Anyway cool chapter, Minato's technique is always interesting to see in action. We got dropped another factoid that will probably trickle down to Naruto. Kushina not dying after having the kyubii extricated clears the way for Naruto to eventually be rid of it and survive so he can participate in some later final battle (Sasuke) without relying on it. My first guess would be down the road somewhere Tobi will suck the Kyubii out of Naruto and make his doom creature and then gattai with it. Then Sasuke and Naruto (thanks to Itachis big black cock) withstand the mass hypnosis and join forces to fight the monster/Tobi.

Sidnne
Wed, 07-07-2010, 11:26 PM
My first guess would be down the road somewhere Tobi will suck the Kyubii out of Naruto

After Naruto gives birth? :p

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-08-2010, 02:04 AM
Maybe Naruto will now learn how to use the yellow flash. He would be just plain broken if that happens.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-08-2010, 02:29 AM
yeah, I'm not going to able to come up with fancy excuses for the kyuubi this time, I'm gonna put the "the kyuubi is a misundertood angel!" thing aside for a while.

Madare, however, is an ass. planting explosives on a baby.that's not nice.

Archangel
Thu, 07-08-2010, 03:18 AM
yeah, I'm not going to able to come up with fancy excuses for the kyuubi this time, I'm gonna put the "the kyuubi is a misundertood angel!" thing aside for a while.

Madare, however, is an ass. planting explosives on a baby.that's not nice.
If Naruto has taught us anything is that nobody is inherently evil, they're all slaves to their own circunstances

I'm sure he'll give both characters redemption in form of flashbacks eventually

DB_Hunter
Thu, 07-08-2010, 08:13 AM
What, Madara was told by daddy that he was not good enough to be an Uchiha and Kyuubi was abused as a little cub?

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Are you kidding me? Did you see how the Kyuubi was sealed inside of Kushina? He wasn't so much sealed as he was crucified. Through every limb and tail. And his belly. Konoha is about to get what it deserves.

depthcharge
Thu, 07-08-2010, 10:38 AM
If only Minato has Sage mode and kagebunshin, that would have worked out. Look after Kushina and Naruto at the same time.

Its a good chapter.

Archangel
Thu, 07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
What, Madara was told by daddy that he was not good enough to be an Uchiha and Kyuubi was abused as a little cub?
Probably

I'm not saying it's gonna be believable, but it's gonna happen eventually

Stitch
Thu, 07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
omg Minato is so fucking bad ass i want to have his second baby and i'm not even gay

on a serious note: i would really love more flashbacks to the history of the uzumaki clan so we can find out why even madara was impressed by them, being uchiha and all, since orochimaru obviously wasn't in the know or else he'd have tried to get in that uzumaki genome as well instead of just uchiha. AMIRITE?!

on a more serious note: the last few chapters of the manga have been so especially great that i won't even care if kishimoto eventually ends up writing himself into a corner. i'm a selective reader anyway. i'll just skip the crap chapters

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Are you kidding me? Did you see how the Kyuubi was sealed inside of Kushina? He wasn't so much sealed as he was crucified. Through every limb and tail. And his belly. Konoha is about to get what it deserves.

you're right. I can't give up, I can make this work.

lets take things one by one.
A. Madare takes control over the kyuubi the moment he frees him, so Kyuubi didn't attack the village or Kuhina on his own accord. (ch 500, p08)

B. the crucified kyuubi. it might be just the illusion madare shows him, or maybe it's a temporary thing for the childbirth. they were worried about the kyuubi being born outside, so they put him in an extra strong cage for that night, and they were going to release him back to the natural 'cage' after the night.
a 'maybe' argument: what if Kyuubi is also pregnant? or to make things clearer, he can procreate when his host (female only) gives birth, and that's why they need to pierce it's belly with a giant fork?

petty justifications aside, I suspect Madare to also be an Uzumaki. he did live a frikin' long time, and maybe he's pissed at the 1st hokage for stealing the love of the previous jinchuushinkinsirikshiliki.

other than that, I'm waiting to see Naruto doing minato's pose, like page 17. freakin' badass.

itadakimasu
Fri, 07-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I was thinking for a minute that Naruto's mom had transformed into the kyuubi... Good chapter. It's cool to have charactors like Minato where you could do tons of flashback stories.

12345p
Fri, 07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
If this is Kushina's flashback, how the HE-(Dbl-hockey-stix) does she know exactly know exactly what Itachi's up to at that moment when she's physically cuddling up to Naruto, likely dying?! Does this mean that THIS is when Itachi first meets Madara (assuming still, Madara IS the one behind the mask)?

The origin's of Sasake's name is going to play havoc on Sasuke's mind if Naruto ever tells him (ok, that's in chapter 500 and deserves to be in the other thread, sorry about that folks).

I hope Naruto figures out how to use the Shunshin (teleport) jitsu. He has alot of clan/Eddy history to catch up on that would augment his arse-'nal of techniques greatly (pun intended). As always, lookin forward to the next chapter!

Sam98034
Sat, 07-10-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm pretty sure the author is just taking a little bit of discretion, here. This is a flashback, but I'd rather see the whole thing than just someone's narrow flashback.

And this whole Eddy thing does bring "Madara's" heritage into question...is that really Madara? Unless Tobi is Obito, it seems he(/she?) is just a powerful Eddy.

Yukimura
Wed, 07-14-2010, 09:25 AM
I had some similar concerns about Tobi potentially being related to the Whirlpool village. Perhaps the true Madara's half-breed son by a Whilrpool woman. It's all very circumstantial but looking on the old ninja world Map the Whirlpool Country is right between the Fire Country and the Water country. We know that country was destroyed in one of the Ninja wars and the survivors scattered, and we know that Tobi has been recognized as a former Mizukage. It's plausible that he could have escaped the Whirlpool country and hidden out in Water, rising through the ranks of their Ninja until he was in charge of everything. This theory doesn't explain why he'd bother rising through the ranks of the Mist but it could explain why he's so butthurtt towards Konoha without him being quite as old as he claims he is.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 07-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Tobi is Aizen. And we were all pawns in his game.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 07-14-2010, 05:15 PM
I suspect Aizen is actually BOTH Naruto's and Sasuke's father. He's simply letting them all live his illusion, just as Aizen planned.
Man, Aizen had good choice in women.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 07-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Aizen has a sidekick whose shikai is to extend his 'sword' and withdraw it at rapid speed.

Just as Aizen planned 0_0??

Archangel
Wed, 07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Why is Bleach's shittiness spreading across sub forums?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 07-14-2010, 05:58 PM
My fault, I'll take the blame on this one. I agree all things bleach needs to be locked in a cage. In hell.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 07-14-2010, 06:14 PM

Chapter release are late and we are getting antsy. If bleach had already been released I guarantee we'd be making fun of it there instead of here, just as Aizen planned.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 07-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Aizen should plan you to shut the hell up.

Sidnne
Wed, 07-14-2010, 09:25 PM

Fo' real. Keep this shiz outta here!

depthcharge
Wed, 07-14-2010, 11:07 PM
On a different note, I actually am looking forward to One Piece chapter more then Bleach or Naruto.

Patriot
Thu, 07-15-2010, 06:38 AM
On a different note, I actually am looking forward to One Piece chapter more then Bleach or Naruto.

^ That's just as Aizen planned...

Hahah, I couldn't resist...