PDA

View Full Version : Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin

Archangel
Mon, 07-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Occult Academy

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5963/45146.jpg

It is the year 1999. In Nagano Matsushiro stands the pyramid of Japan, the private Voltstein Academy.

This place is famous for the repeated occurrences of occult phenomenon within its premises. Hence, it is also called the Occult Academy. The dean is committed to studying the occult, while the students are zealous in their everyday schoolwork.

One day, the dean passes away and his occult-hating daughter, Kumashiro Maya, visits the academy. There, she meets a self-proclaimed spoon-bending "time agent" from the year 2012, Uchida Fumiaki. As the two encounters various bizarre phenomenon within the academy, the reason for Fumiaki's timeslip to 1999 becomes clear.

Horrible subs - 01 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=141755)

Penner
Tue, 07-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I like it, not as much as the explosion of awesome that is "Highschool of the Dead" but i'll definitely keep watching this.

animus
Tue, 07-06-2010, 08:00 PM
The humor was pretty good. Hopefully it'll be a good series. Senkou no Night Raid didn't hold my interested enough, so hopefully this Anime-no-Chikara series delivers.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-07-2010, 06:22 AM
If the art quality is any indication then we can be optimistic. Senkou looked like it was going to hell right from the start.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Zombie-girl losing her glasses was hilarious. I'm so watching this.

PS: The advent of BUNMEI - isn't that just "The dawn of civilisation"?

Well, "coming", but "dawn" sounds better and retains most of its meaning.

Zati
Sat, 07-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Lol, I'm with you, Bill.

I haven't really been watching much animes, but this one caught my eye, due to shinta's lovely avatar and sig.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode of the series. I always enjoy humor mixed in with supernatural elements, so this along with HSOTD this season were just tailor-made for me. But this of course, was a welcome surprise.

Anyway, Maya's entertaining enough to keep me watching.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
HorribleSubs - Episode 02 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143257)

Death BOO Z
Mon, 07-12-2010, 07:20 PM
I came for the girl in Shinta's sig, but I'm going to stay the entire series. it's a really good first episode.

I loled from the introduction of the vice principal, and right up to the shadow gag.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-13-2010, 06:04 AM
While Maya was funny to watch in the first episode, her abusive nature started to tick me off by the second episode. The most likely reason for that is that Abe is risking his life to save the world and all, but ends up at the receiving end of a mood-swinging teenage girl.

She isn't just in denial, she beats people up for it.

She might have a strong voice and a mature body, but leaving your emotions to go out of wack and have others pay for it is rather spoiled behaviour.

On the plus side, the red-head's scene was hilarious.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-13-2010, 10:18 AM
While I dislike the violence as well, you have to keep in mind that Minoru just popped out from nowhere, and started saying really absurd things. Maya probably doesn't see him as a human being, which is why she beats the shit out of him. I doubt she would do the same to other normal people.

I'm looking forward to Minoru's redeeming episode, where we see his PK in action, probably used to save Maya from some threat.

I love how well they do expressions in this show.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/shinta617/mayaexpressions.gif

Yukimura
Tue, 07-13-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm definitely in agreement with you Buff, the way she reacted to Minoru by taking out her stress over the occult things popping up all around her ruined much of the respect she cultivated from me in the first ep. There is no excuse for her behavior if she actually wants to be taken seriously as a mature individual. (Okay there is at least one I can sort of think of but I'm not giving her the benefit of the doubt).

I can see her more clearly now as another posturing, falsely confident female character puffing herself up and pushing everything away to avoid having to accept and integrate certain truths of reality into her life. I can also see what they were hinting at this ep, she seems quite viciously tsundere for the occult. Now that Minoru is around she has someone to be the target of the 'Slap Slap Kiss' tsundere urges that have probably been boiling inside her For quite some time. I suspect we're in for plenty more text book tsundere reactions against any and all things supernatural being taken out of Minoru's hide.

Minoru on the other hand is about as interesting as a sheet of cardboard so far. He did nothing but let Maya walk all over him and for some ungodly reason kept reaching out to her despite her obvious mental instabilities with respect to his area of interest. The only reason he doesn't bother me more than Maya is he so quickly fell into a subservient and inferior role in their hierarchy that he disqualified himself for any of the responsibilities I generally equate with respectability for characters with pride. The promo pic with her sitting atop him seems quite apt after this episode.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 07-13-2010, 02:06 PM
But she's just so hot.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Heh, that she is, but respect and hotness do not always walk hand in hand in my book.

Archangel
Tue, 07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Yuki is a true gentleman, he won't even fap to women he doesn't respect

depthcharge
Wed, 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
I am only interested in finding out what that damn key is. It is killing me.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-14-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm putting money on Maya.

Archangel
Wed, 07-14-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm putting money on Maya.
When she photographed herself all we saw were bones

David75
Wed, 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
When she photographed herself all we saw were bones

Well they explained that you need to think of a question to have an answer.
If you don't, you only get the future state of the thing in the picture.

She did it to herself, didn't know the particularity of the device, so all we know is that she'll be dead in the future.

That doesn't mean she can't be the key. She can die in the process too. She's still in the list of possible keys.

Regarding the show, well, I'll need more eps to get an idea.

Oh, and what's so hot about her shoes and stockings, seemed like we've had lots of scenes. I know it's supposed to show progression, it's easier to animate etc... but seemed a lot here. Or maybe I was just so fixated on that today.

MasterOfMoogles
Wed, 07-14-2010, 11:32 PM
The obvious answer is that she is the key. Even moreso since they showed us her taking a picture of herself. I'll actually be surprised if it isn't.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-15-2010, 05:37 AM
they should have given him a video function of future seeing.
but yeah, I agree, Maya is my first guess for the key.

can he send things to the future? send her to the future so the shit doesn't come down without resorting to killing her.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Bunmei-kuuuuuuuuuuun~~

[HorribleSubs] Occult Academy - 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144896)

-------------------------------

Fumiaki got to show off a little bit in this episode. He got to be quite the ladies man here, though the funniest part was probably when he got his face smashed into the model's breasts during the talent show. That and all the screaming teens. I wonder if it is part of the reason he is a bit of a pervert now?

Mikaze-san uses the heel-and-toe technique at 16:29!

Yukimura
Tue, 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM
This episode really underwhelmed me. I don't have much interest in Bunmei now that he's established himself as a doormat so an episode focused on him left little for me to care about. I was somewhat fascinated with the waitress and wondered what sequence of events lead to her driving around a Porshe in Japan but it was never addressed and the 'crazy driver scares passenger white' shtick felt a bit tired.

The next ep looks like it might have some potential for action and maybe even plot development which I would welcome as I'm finding it hard to get engaged with just the characters of this show.

David75
Tue, 07-20-2010, 01:48 PM
I also would like to know how you get a Porsche at a young age when you are a waitress in a restaurant with no customers. Rich familly trying to work so that boredom do not kill them? lottery?

Also, that Porscher is a bit occult too, because it's both manual and automatic, as an automatic with a manual shift and clutch... said shift being the automatic one and we even get the automatic readings on the dashboard... Oh, and piloting with flipflops or the likes is a definite "noway!". But I digress.
Now speaking about the episode... what episode? No, something really happened?
Not much actually, and the art was a tad disturbing at times. Getting an almost a full filler ep at only episode 3 in a series isn't a good thing.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Bunmei-kuuuuuuuuuuun~~

[HorribleSubs] Occult Academy - 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144896)

-------------------------------

Fumiaki got to show off a little bit in this episode. He got to be quite the ladies man here, though the funniest part was probably when he got his face smashed into the model's breasts during the talent show. That and all the screaming teens. I wonder if it is part of the reason he is a bit of a pervert now?

I didn't think he was any more perverted than the average male.

While it was a flat episode, I felt for Fumiaki. Last episode showed him living a lavish lifestyle, but it's hinted here that none of that is what he really wanted.

Is a simple curry and someone who gets his name right too much to ask? /tear

In light of that, I felt it was right for Bunmei to enjoy himself a bit.

Spiegel
Wed, 07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
You want it?

GotWoot has it.

EP 01 - GotWoot Fansubs (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_01_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5BA598C0B4%5D.mkv.torrent)

Board of Command
Wed, 07-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Ep 2 and 3 to follow shortly. First ep got delayed quite a bit due to administrative overhead.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:10 AM
I thought the best scene was him taking the picture of the vice principal and seeing his future.

gotwoot subs? are you planning on doing a SD version as well?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:35 AM
I thought the best scene was him taking the picture of the vice principal and seeing his future.

Yeah, that was great. His face was going Oh, hell no..

Board of Command
Thu, 07-22-2010, 09:59 AM
gotwoot subs? are you planning on doing a SD version as well?
No we're not.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Episode 2 by GotWoot (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_02_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5B6CC57151%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-25-2010, 03:00 AM
[Nipponsei] Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin ED Single - Kimi ga Iru Basho [Takagaki Ayahi].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Seikimatsu%20Occult%20Gakuin%20E D%20Single%20-%20Kimi%20ga%20Iru%20Basho%20%5BTakagaki%20Ayahi%5 D.zip.torrent)

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Didn't notice that no one linked up episode 3.

Episode 2v2 GotWoot (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_02_v2_%5B72 0p_H264%5D%5B73E6109E%5D.mkv.torrent)

Episode 3 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_03_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5B40225861%5D.mkv.torrent)

Sapphire
Fri, 07-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Episode 4 GotWoot (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_04_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5B6E943224%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 07-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm dropping this series. I'd like to watch Gotwoot subbed series, but I simply can't stand Fumiaki. Four episodes of chances to redeem himself and he's only getting worse. I love to hate villains and but I absolutely hate to hate main characters.

Penner
Fri, 07-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Even tho i feel like punching Fumiaki in the face for being so incredibly annoying i'll keep watching this as the rest of the cast easily makes up for it :P

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-30-2010, 05:50 PM
After he turned into a complete wuss, I have no good feelings for him anymore. Maya can beat him up all she wants.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM
@Kraco - Please give the show a chance. Part of what makes a show worth doing is seeing people you know (even online) enjoy it. While I hate Fumiaki as much as you do (I think the word I used to describe him after TLCing this episode was disgusting), there is always the possibility he will change for the better. They did hint at that with his comments in the preview.

There are a lot of other interesting stuff that you shouldn't miss in the show, particularly the occult references. Check the TL notes for interesting trivia.

Archangel
Fri, 07-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Fumiaki can go ahead and suck my cock, this show is all Maya anyway

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 07-30-2010, 07:58 PM
@Kraco - Please give the show a chance. Part of what makes a show worth doing is seeing people you know (even online) enjoy it. While I hate Fumiaki as much as you do (I think the word I used to describe him after TLCing this episode was disgusting), there is always the possibility he will change for the better. They did hint at that with his comments in the preview.

There are a lot of other interesting stuff that you shouldn't miss in the show, particularly the occult references. Check the TL notes for interesting trivia.

Translation: Give it a chance, because Maya is hot.

She's not even as hot as Lil Mayer and that was the only reason I watched Ergo Proxy. Maya does remind me of her in a way though.

I haven't watched this episode yet but this series pretty much bores me to death.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-30-2010, 08:52 PM
It has flattened out a bit, yes.

The first episode was supercharged with occult, ghosts and zombies that I was expecting the pacing to be quicker.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-31-2010, 06:30 PM
dare I say it was a crappy episode? and that Fumiaki is a shithead?
actually, do moths actually poop that much? I didn't know moths even pooped (although they probably do, I think it depends on the diet and the digestive system...), let alone let out something their own size (south park Bono?).

to say it shortly, I suspected a bigger monster down at the moth lair.

as for Fumiaki, he's a despicable coward, but I guess him being a loser in the future makes it acceptable, as he didn't want any part of this, and they just sent him from his horrible poverty stricken life to one of unavoidable death.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-31-2010, 06:43 PM
What I want to know is why someone like Fumiaki is Agent #6.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-31-2010, 06:46 PM
maybe you need psychic abilities (or potential) to operate the future phone. which would imply that Maya also has hidden abilities (didn't she already use a spell?).

if this was standard shonen, I'd guess that Fumi lost his powers when his mother died, and that he'd get them back with power of love. For now, I'd stick to the first half of the statement.

Archangel
Sat, 07-31-2010, 06:47 PM
What I want to know is why someone like Fumiaki is Agent #6.
True, a regular Joe with a handgun would probably be more useful than a pussy with psy-impotence

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-01-2010, 04:00 AM
i actually like Fumiaki better now that we know he's just some one-time child star. seeing him in the future, trying to doop people into giving him handouts, now THAT's the character we've been seeing! I was furious when he was supposedly some kind of hot-shot time cop emasculated by Maya, but I can stand him a good deal better now.

also, how fucking obvious is it that the Chinese food restaurant girl is going to turn out to be either a bad guy or The Key?

i'll be honest, i would not be watching this show either if it wasn't a GotWoot product

Sapphire
Wed, 08-04-2010, 02:24 PM
GotWoot - 05 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_05_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5B9463038B%5D.mkv.torrent)

Penner
Wed, 08-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Did he just down a whole loaf of bread in like 5 seconds?

Death BOO Z
Wed, 08-04-2010, 06:16 PM
he comes from a future where food is scarce. he developed a hungry hungry hippo mentality (not really a real thing).
more important, did the school just kill one of the students?
I thought that the occult shit was just extra curricular stuff. didn't believe they were crazy enough to put a person into deep-freeze shabang.

Bummei,,, I figured that he was familiar with the post of begging for forgiveness so he had no problems transferring the 'approved' mark. his love life really shouldn't be the focus of the story, it's just... not interesting.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-04-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't think it was a whole loaf, but just a relatively large piece of bread.

The girl walked away, so she didn't really die technically.

I'm pretty sure there is a reason for all the scenes that depict Fumiaki and boob girl. It's probably tied into the key somehow, but I won't discuss it because very little information is available.

Sapphire
Sun, 08-08-2010, 12:38 AM
There's something about this anime that speaks refreshing originality to me. Perhaps it's because some aspects of it feel unpredictable... but yet, at the same time, I feel that I'm able to sympathize with the characters.

Bunmei-kun is a pretty irredeemable character in our eyes. He's a coward, he lies for a variety of reasons, and he selfishly pursues love when he should instead be out saving the world.

But, at the same time, none of it is justified. We can openly see his vulnerabilities and weaknesses and his faults, but no one makes excuses for it. He doesn't have some unrealistic sense of empowerment that we tend to see from male main characters. He is not self confident. He hides his real self because to show it and to have it rejected would hurt.

Maya is multidimensional. She grew up in a shattered family and we can still see the effects of that. She, too, can't show her true self. She turned her back on her father and everything her father loved because of a sense of betrayal. She doesn't let the pain shine through, but we see it nonetheless when she denies the occult and forsakes her father. There could be a variety of reasons why she doesn't completely turn her back on Bunmei-kun. I think that she is telling herself that it is pure obligation towards the future, but unconsciously has learned that totally forsaking someone without giving them a chance of forgiveness could cause more harm than good later on. Maybe Maya's experience with her dad is teaching her the art of forgiveness.

Maya is still suffering from the pain from being betrayed, but I think that her continued interaction with Bunmei-kun will give him a chance to redeem itself. I am rooting for him and his search for a pair of balls! I liked seeing what sort of girl Maya -could- have been, on top of the school.

Mikaze is the most mysterious character to me by far. I think she's too good to be true. At first I thought she was immortal because she cares so much about old things, but now I'm not sure. I'm going to be shocked if she starts talking like Revy or Maya though. At the moment I see her being a damsel in distress and forcing Bunmei into badass mode. I'm sure there's going to be some sincere romance... -somewhere- ...

This was by far my favorite episode. I nearly cried at the scene on top of the school. I loved the music and I felt myself rooting for Kozue. I wanted her to find what was most important to her! It's sort of heart wrenching that she did, and sadly ironic that she doesn't remember. It seems she left part of her “soul” or “essense” in the afterlife, and that was sort of creepy. I don't know what will happen to her now that she doesn't believe in the occult, but I liked the character exploration.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-12-2010, 06:50 AM
I think my main issue with this show is how slow it's gotten (an a lot of it has got to do with Fumiaki's romance being the focus).

The best thing about the first episode was the momentum and energy of that entire zombie chase scene and ghost-decapitation.

Right now, the occult has taken a backseat (relatively) in favour of character development. I would rather like the occult superstition stuff to take the lead, and have character development ride on top of that.

The guy on the phone said it the best. This story's supposed to be about finding the key, but what have they done?

Death BOO Z
Thu, 08-12-2010, 06:04 PM
episode six... the quest begins?

the glasses part was kind of a let down, not taking the scene into a conclusion but just going for comedy effect...

Fumi's mom wearing glasses was the first sign about other stuff. probably that was the trigger that made him lose his powers. He did have sweet finger dexterity, you'd think someone like that would be more agile on his feet (and not fall flat on his face twice an episode).

last thing, I'm really annoyed by the other two guys - JC and Smile (freaky fat goth and mechanic man), they don't do much in terms of taking the story forward, and because they mostly interact with each other, we don't really get to know them as characters.. It feels like they are the 'sonic screwdriver' for the show.

last thing, they said the NDE sometimes cures from diseases. wouldn't Bummei's lack of spoon bending count as a disease that can be cured?

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 08-13-2010, 11:55 PM
This episode touched on something that really freakin' peeves me. These ghost chasing assholes who show you poorly taken photographs and tell you it's evidence of the supernatural. No it's not, it's evidence that you're a crappy photographer.

I must say though, I am really impressed with how much Maya hentai I've found given the short life of this show.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-14-2010, 06:05 AM
I must say though, I am really impressed with how much Maya hentai I've found given the short life of this show.

You noticed that too?

Arukas
Sat, 08-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Err so nobody noticed this...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3492/fingerm.jpg (http://img525.imageshack.us/i/fingerm.jpg/)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-14-2010, 10:19 AM

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3492/fingerm.jpg (http://img525.imageshack.us/i/fingerm.jpg/)

We all did, I'm sure.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-14-2010, 11:00 AM

I loled from the introduction of the vice principal, and right up to the shadow gag.

I guess it's my fault, for not posting a giant picture of a penis in the thread.

Sapphire
Sat, 08-14-2010, 11:07 AM
GotWoot - 06 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=151078)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Much, MUCH better episode than I was expecting.

Fumiaki's still a wuss, but somehow seeing his past makes it justified in a sense. Maybe my sympathy is balancing out my previous feelings of annoyance rather than justifying it, or perhaps his lack of genuine emotional support as a kid who experienced superficial fame also made him into a guy who has no inner substance, but likes to put on a show due to his former self.

Not only was the slap-on-the-face directly comparable with Maya's experiences, but also how both their parents walked down, and became consumed by whatever they were doing. Fumiaki's mum was initially treating his fame like adding a bit of spice to their lives, but became so entrenched in it that she treated their success as their "whole", just as Maya's dad became consumed by his passion for the occult.

I'm guessing Fumiaki began to despise his powers, and somehow later lost it.(it may not necessarily be a result of his disowning it). His earlier comments about how people leave you when you've lost your power would be referring to his mum. Their mother/son relationship was overwritten by their manager/artist one, and when that collapsed due to Fumiaki no longer being able to perform, she had abandoned their family connection too long to regain it again.

To top it all off, that sunset shot of Maya was gorgeous.

Sapphire
Sun, 08-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I loved the music during the alien invasion shot, and the Kozue scenes. Hell, I love all of the music.

Sapphire
Fri, 08-20-2010, 12:19 AM
GotWoot - 07 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_07_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5B919152B8%5D.mkv.torrent)

Archangel
Sat, 08-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Why does this keep happening on episode 5?

http://a.imageshack.us/img836/5089/gotwootseikimatsuoccult.jpg

David75
Sat, 08-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Why does this keep happening on episode 5?

http://a.imageshack.us/img836/5089/gotwootseikimatsuoccult.jpg

It's like a frame interpolation problem, to adapt from a frame rate to another. Maybe it's in the raw?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-22-2010, 01:18 AM
GotWoot - 07 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_07_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5B919152B8%5D.mkv.torrent)

Chibi Maya was adorable.

Otherwise, I'm as peeved that they pranked us (because they used up an entire episode on it) as Maya was, though I can completely appreciate the old man for what he did.

Who doesn't want to see a chibi Maya smile?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-23-2010, 05:04 AM
The adult one would look awesome too, and that is probably the dad's true motive.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-23-2010, 05:52 AM
The adult one would look looked awesome too, and that is probably the dad's true motive.
http://a.imageshack.us/img101/6645/seikimatsuoccultgakuin0.jpg

Archangel
Mon, 08-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Sapphi should have used that one for the release post

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Looks like a different person doesn't she.

Archangel
Mon, 08-23-2010, 08:12 AM
This anime is amazing at animating facial expressions

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-23-2010, 08:16 AM
More like they actually use it as a selling point intentionally.

It adds a lot of humour too.

mage
Mon, 08-23-2010, 05:59 PM
*Sigh* Another monster of the week episode. This series is enjoyable just because of the dialogue but is seriously lacking in plot progression. Nothing significant has happened at all.

The music was great this episode. Felt like it was straight out of a JRPG.

Board of Command
Mon, 08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
It's like a frame interpolation problem, to adapt from a frame rate to another. Maybe it's in the raw?
It was in the source. I noticed it too and thought I was doing something wrong at first, but I checked the source and it's in there as well.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-24-2010, 01:13 AM
*Sigh* Another monster of the week episode. This series is enjoyable just because of the dialogue but is seriously lacking in plot progression. Nothing significant has happened at all.

The music was great this episode. Felt like it was straight out of a JRPG.

I'm wondering if this show is going in the same direction as Sora no Woto and leaving all thr plot-related content till the end.

I don't particularly like that approach.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-24-2010, 02:50 AM
It probably will, but just like Sora No Woto, it has probably dropped a lot of hints or foreshadowed a lot of stuff related to the final plot climax already.

I don't dislike this approach, as long as something actually happens. Sometimes, they just introduce characters then the show ends with nothing satisfying.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-24-2010, 03:35 AM
It probably will, but just like Sora No Woto, it has probably dropped a lot of hints or foreshadowed a lot of stuff related to the final plot climax already.

I don't dislike this approach, as long as something actually happens. Sometimes, they just introduce characters then the show ends with nothing satisfying.

I tend to dislike this approach because it seems like so much potential is wasted, and that the story could have been so much more in depth if all 12/13/14 episodes went towards padding it.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-24-2010, 03:59 AM
I think it's reversed. The reason why they do this style in the first place is because they don't have a good story, so they focus on the characters instead. I think that is easier and is more successful as of recent (K-ON!).

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-24-2010, 04:05 AM
I think it's reversed. The reason why they do this style in the first place is because they don't have a good story,

Exactly. It's almost like this style is providing an excuse to animate a shallow story, instead of bouncing them back to the think tank.

K-ON is a bit different in my books because the first episode didn't explode with a grand premise or plot like Sora no Woto and Occult did. That show only really picked up at episode 2, and the entire show is about the characters more so than the overall plot anyway.

I'd speak a bit differently if the filling episodes were are/will be of much more significance to the endgame like Ga-Rei Zero.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-24-2010, 04:12 AM
K-ON had a grand premise. I remember it was about playing in the Budokan and music. Now, it is all about cakes and moe. Don't get me wrong, I like K-ON (particularly the 2nd season), but it is in the same category if not worse than the 2 you mentioned because everything is practically filler.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-24-2010, 04:17 AM
K-ON had a grand premise. I remember it was about playing in the Budokan and music. Now, it is all about cakes and moe. Don't get me wrong, I like K-ON (particularly the 2nd season), but it is in the same category if not worse than the 2 you mentioned because everything is practically filler.

Fair enough.

I suppose I simply have a much higher expectation for these two shows as far as plot is concerned, while K-ON had always been more about cute characters doing cute things.

(I totally buy that too, given the right dose and frequency ie S2.)

Death BOO Z
Tue, 08-24-2010, 07:49 PM
episodes seven and eight....

first of all, the monster aspect.
Are we expected to believe that the chubacabra migrated to Japan from South america, despite looking like this? did he sneak on a plane or something? I could accept seeing Tengu's and japanese monsters without explanations, but a foreign monster deserves some back story for it to be here... well, maybe the evil guys are behind it?
also, blood loss doesn't work that way. why was Ami kidnapped while the cows weren't? the bite marks indicated that the big monster ate the cows, so why didn't he eat her on the spot?
and not to mention how they (well, Bummei) forgot about Kouzue falling and disappearing.

characters...
JC and Smile are still not getting any real attention, there was a moment where I thought we were going to see how they differ from each other, but then it combined into the alien plot.
Bummei finally did something to protect another person. Kudoz to him, and congratulations on growing that pair.

Kozue... totally milking the "my glasses" line, also, being completely stupid, she suspects her friends are about to fight, so she leaves them alone to get them sodas.

Ami... well, I can see how she turned out to be that way, considering her father. in some ways, she's similar to Maya, only her father was an 'out' (extrovert?) person, rather than a shut-in. the part in the shrine is also well done, she's disappointed that Maya didn't come, not because maya's afraid of the challenge, but because she thinks maya didn't forgive her yet.

I guess there past 4 episodes were done to both build up the support girls and Bummei, so they aren't a waste, I just wish we saw some more plot, rather than just the last two lines of the episode.

is this planned to be 13 eps or 26?

Archangel
Wed, 08-25-2010, 05:26 AM
13 episodes Boo

Marik
Thu, 08-26-2010, 09:38 PM
[GotWoot] Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin 08 [720p H264] [9BD2FE54].mkv (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_08_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5B9BD2FE54%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Kozue... totally milking the "my glasses" line, also, being completely stupid, she suspects her friends are about to fight, so she leaves them alone to get them sodas.

I laughed when everybody else was preparing a weapon while Kozue shined her glasses. She should either wear contacts or have those things that let your glasses hang from your neck (however unfashionable it may seem).

I liked how Smile's swing was animated, with him sliding to accommodate with the weight of the wrench. Much better than the typical solid-foundation superstrength blows we tend to see a lot of.

Sapphire
Fri, 09-03-2010, 12:46 PM
GotWoot - 09 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_09_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5B8935B5A5%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-06-2010, 01:59 AM
I'm starting to find Mikaze annoying now.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-06-2010, 02:43 AM
I think (or rather hope) that is intentional on the writer's part.

Why does Maya even like Bunmei? He isn't as bad as before, but he is still pretty much a useless jerk.

Archangel
Mon, 09-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Who says she likes him? I haven't seen any embarrassing blushes, just annoyed faces for a professor flirting with some chick in school grounds while he should be saving the world

I think she just relates to him a bit ever since she saw his mom bitch slapping him as a kid

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-06-2010, 04:28 AM
That episode was filled with hints of jealousy, especially the phone conversation. She had no other reason to get irritated at him at that point. She even said to Bunmei that he didn't need to come over and help, negating the possibility that she is irritated because he is slacking off.

Archangel
Mon, 09-06-2010, 04:48 AM
What jealousy? She hung up because she was tired if his bulshit, i honestly don't see where you're picking on romance

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-06-2010, 05:15 AM
What jealousy? She hung up because she was tired if his bulshit, i honestly don't see where you're picking on romance

I do. If she doesn't like him, she wouldn't give a damn about his private life, no matter how bullshit he his.

Yukimura
Tue, 09-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I would agree there is some sort of something going on with Maya towards Bunmei. However I could see it being general spite just as easily as I could see it being attraction based jealousy. She seems to find him pretty disgusting, at least a part of her, and I have no trouble believing she is petty enough to be annoyed simply by being confronted with the fact that he is not considered disgusting by everyone else.

He may disgust her but I think she still sees him as 'hers' and is jealous of her 'property' being creeped upon. Mikaze's amorousness towards him and hold on his attention could be generating girl to girl jealousy that gets channeled into Bunmei since Maya can't confront Mikaze without tacitly acknowledging some claim, and thus stake, in him.

Sapphire
Thu, 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM
GotWoot - 10 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_10_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5BB15D18F0%5D.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I find great enjoyment in watching Fumiaki's Hero-mode get destroyed by the almighty Abe-sensei~ <3

Other than that, off we go as we dive from slice-of-life all the way down to the depths of WTF-plot development (or I hope we would).

That was one scary look on Mikaze, and it didn't look like the Vice Principal has anything to do with her.

As for what happened this episode specifically, I think Maya's "It was in fact me who didn't look at him" was taken way too seriously. Just because her dad was spending his life building the present for her doesn't mean he had to completely neglect her in the meanwhile. His spending tons of time researching the Occult, fine - maybe he wanted to keep it a surprise when it was finally built. But lashing out at her was uncalled for. It's definitely his fault shit turned out this way.

It's different from the working-parent neglect scenario because they're trying to feed a family.

Sapphire
Thu, 09-16-2010, 01:09 AM
GotWoot - 11 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_11_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5B4EBB3502%5D.mkv.torrent)

mage
Thu, 09-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Wow, did anyone else have a huge WTF moment at the end of this episode?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-16-2010, 09:49 PM
I was going WTF from the very beginning.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Damn... now if they could have done this from beginning to end and spent more time brainstorming instead of animating 4 episodes' worth of material into 12/13. :(

Chihiro looks awesome though.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I really hope Bunmei uses his psychokinesis in the remaining episodes, and that it is pretty bad ass. They can just use the excuse that the power increases as one matures, or maybe that he has been repressing it all this time so energy has built up.

He just keeps fucking up, and from the sound of the preview, he is still hesitating to kill Mikaze despite her new deformed appearance.

Board of Command
Thu, 09-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I was going WTF...THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME AND ROCKED MY WORLD

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-17-2010, 01:41 AM
I really hope Bunmei uses his psychokinesis in the remaining episodes, and that it is pretty bad ass. They can just use the excuse that the power increases as one matures, or maybe that he has been repressing it all this time so energy has built up.

Well that's just about the only way to pull him out of Uselessness wouldn't it?

I've been wondering whether there's really been the need for Chihiro to "fake" liking Bunmei, if it is indeed fake at all.

I did. I thought this felt fairly out of of character with the rest of the show so far (which we unfortunately predicted would happen).

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-17-2010, 03:52 AM
It wasn't fake. Chihiro was honest when she asked Bunmei if she isn't good enough to replace the "dead" Maya. Her complaint towards the guy in the suit when he asked her why she was trying to seduce Bunmei is also indicative of this.

f00b4r
Fri, 09-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Damn... now if they could have done this from beginning to end and spent more time brainstorming instead of animating 4 episodes' worth of material into 12/13. :(

Seconded. I wonder if there was a planning issue with this series...
The end has yet to come, but I'm under the impression I might be disappointed. That's the first show from A-1 Pictures I watch tho, dunno if that's how they do things :p

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much how they do things recently. All the anime no chikara projects have had this kind of pacing, Sora no woto got away with it, senkou no night raid bled and died in it, and I think this show will end up average because of it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much how they do things recently. All the anime no chikara projects have had this kind of pacing, Sora no woto got away with it, senkou no night raid bled and died in it, and I think this show will end up average because of it.

It certainly doesn't help their cause. I can only hope that the next show (and this one) manages to surprise me.

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-18-2010, 06:49 AM
It was kind of obvious that either that the vice-principal or Mikaze was evil this whole time. The only question was which was which**. Both had been involved or had knowledge of every incident. Mikaze was hanging around the moth cave while the principal discussed it with that SP guy, just for one example.

So I can't say I'm particularly surprised by this. Mikaze has been suspicious the whole time with her car and always being around at strange times. More so lately since it seemed she was deliberately driving a wedge between Fumiaki and Maya. The vice-principal has always been suspicious.

It was a nice twist, but it certainly didn't come out of nowhere for me. Though I did think Mikaze was government or one of the aliens or something and not supernatural.

**(or which witch was which, heh).

Xelbair
Sat, 09-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Instead of full transformation scene of Mikaze they could leave her appearance intact and just give her some kind of black dress or something - it would look way better, and be more stylish.

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Instead of full transformation scene of Mikaze they could leave her appearance intact and just give her some kind of black dress or something - it would look way better, and be more stylish.Personally, I thought she was more threatening as is, just with the personality shift.

The way she floated into the window creeped me out.

Board of Command
Sat, 09-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Instead of full transformation scene of Mikaze they could leave her appearance intact and just give her some kind of black dress or something - it would look way better, and be more stylish.
I don't like the new hair and makeup. The rest is all good.

Xelbair
Sat, 09-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Her normal, cute look would be the creepiest with her 'real' personality.

Board of Command
Sat, 09-18-2010, 05:26 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1411/36087948.png

Xelbair
Sat, 09-18-2010, 07:19 PM
I mean creepiest, and that is not achieved by having naked ass(unless male does this) - still I'm a goddamn face guy and she is ugly after she transformed

Board of Command
Sun, 09-19-2010, 02:06 AM
We already had that in Katanagatari.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-19-2010, 02:24 AM
We already had that in Katanagatari.

Had what?

masamuneehs
Sun, 09-19-2010, 05:30 AM
well, it was a better episode than some of the previous ones, but still not spectacular.

it was always incredibly obvious that Mikaze was going to end up being some sort of bad guy, and while i didn't expect the whole "we're magicians in disguise!" twist with her and the Vice Principal, i was pretty undrewowed by it. black mage and white mage. complete with transformation and cookie-cutter personalities.

that this show's big "twist" is turning into some kind of run of the mill "good magic v. bad magic" anime is not going to redeem it too much in my eyes. in fact, i liked it much better when Mikaze was just being creepily nice and the action was crossbows and big wrenches...

also, the music they played during the whole dramatic scene where the villagers and Mikaze are coming after them... ugh...

Sapphire
Sun, 09-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Go me for half-anticipating Mikaze's immortality, voice change, and general too good to be trueness!

I think we all knew that Mikaze could be the evil one, but the surprising part is how it all went down. I was pretty darn shell-shocked. I was also VERY annoyed that Bunmei decided to be all limp and helpless when Mikaze was FINALLY putting the moves on him!

I want to see more of VP being badass.

I liked the pacing; the fact that Mikaze suddenly made her move. Anyone who didn't suspect her could go back and see the clues. I agree with Haru... the way she floated into the window was VERY creepy! This episode had great animation too.

I am expecting an epic battle and an epic appearance from all of Maya's friends like from Soul Eater or something.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-19-2010, 08:56 AM
I liked the pacing; the fact that Mikaze suddenly made her move. Anyone who didn't suspect her could go back and see the clues.

I think what everybody (including myself) found shocking was not the fact that Mikaze played more of a part than a love interest, but the actual moves she made.

I certainly didn't expect this show to go from occult to full-blown magic though. I'm sure we didn't even hear the word "witch" until this episode.

I was also VERY annoyed that Bunmei decided to be all limp and helpless when Mikaze was FINALLY putting the moves on him!

I'd go limp. That was intimidating.

Board of Command
Sun, 09-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Had what?
The dude's sister.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-19-2010, 09:03 PM
The dude's sister.

Yeah.. well... she didn't stick thumbs down people's mouths then lick it...

Board of Command
Sun, 09-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah.. well... she didn't stick thumbs down people's mouths then lick it...
That's not creepy though. That's just kinky.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-19-2010, 11:53 PM
That's not creepy though. That's just kinky.

I thought it was creepy, along with everything else she did (besides transform).

Otherwise, what's the creepy part?

Board of Command
Mon, 09-20-2010, 01:50 AM
I thought there was no creepy part. Only kink.

Sapphire
Mon, 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM
How is transforming not creepy?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-20-2010, 05:38 PM
How is transforming not creepy?

Cuz it went from "wtf is wrong with Mikaze" to "oh, she's a witch"

The fear of darkness is the fear of the unknown.

Yukimura
Tue, 09-21-2010, 12:32 AM
Just finished 12 from HorribleSubs and while I'm liking the turn the series has taken in the last couple eps I'm also glad to see that this is soon to be over. The last two eps have been great but I wish they had gotten to the light vs dark magical battle elements earlier rather than focusing so much on team building and romantic angst for the middle part of the show.

Also, Unless he does something major in the final ep I think Bunmei's role in the series and the attempts at giving him a personality and back-story will fall rather flat. He could have been pretty much scrubbed down to a standard bishounen potential love interest for Maya without sacrificing much of the core elements that drew me to the show. Maya and her struggles to accept the occult certainly needed some sort of foil but I think Maya and Mikaze could have been pitted against each other more directly without requiring much exploration of the character filling the role Bunmei played. Being stuck between Maya's tsundere charged immature crush and Mikaze's dark and secretly deadly sultriness isn't particularly demanding in the character development department.

Sapphire
Fri, 09-24-2010, 01:38 AM
12 - GotWoot (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_12_%5B720p_ H264%5D%5BAF6469F3%5D.mkv.torrent)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-24-2010, 02:01 AM
I think Bunmei is the key. He was with Mikaze when the picture was taken. That should also explain why the future has not changed for the better.

f00b4r
Fri, 09-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Yeah, Bunmei being the key is also what I'm thinking of. It would make all sense, with a nice time-travel paradox on top of things...

Sapphire
Fri, 09-24-2010, 10:14 AM
She wasn't thinking about destroying Bunmei though. Also, are VP and her minion alive?! They're in the preview.

I love how everyone has been freaking out over the last few eps in the comment section.

f00b4r
Sat, 09-25-2010, 12:18 PM
She was thinking about destroying "her target". I'd take it "whatever was on the frame"...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-25-2010, 09:50 PM
She was thinking about destroying "her target". I'd take it "whatever was on the frame"...

Perhaps..

I was thinking that the future simply can't be changed. Maya might experience the peaceful future, but not Bunmei's timeline.

I think if we got more of a story in the middle parts, Chihiro's death might actually mean something. But right now, I just can't really give a damn.

And Mikaze should have just stabbed Bunmei instead of wacking him. Even a non-fatal wound would have made that a notch more dramatic (though it wouldn't have given Bunmei the chance to do his "compared to maya-" speech)

I really dig the soundtrack though.

Yukimura
Tue, 09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
It's finally over. I suppose I should have expected what they did in the ending. I don't really like how the future managed to get changed without changing the memories of the people who initiated the alteration but I suppose we can chalk that up to magic somehow.

Bunmei managed to be awesome as many hypothesized he would but I was surprised at how powerful he actually turned out to be. It's probably a good thing he lost his powers as a child; he could have been a force to reckon with if they'd continued to develop as he grew.

More commentary when people have actually seen the ep.

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Maya is a cradle robber!

I was deeply disappointed we never saw Maya 13 years later. In fact, I felt cheated.

Bunmei turned out to be pretty awesome like Yuki said. I didn't have so much of a problem with her father knowing, but there isn't conclusive evidence that Maya really remembered it all in the end, since we never see her and she doesn't say anything. In fact, I could see her slowly forgetting all that, the same way the bunker turned into a tea shop.

So 2 for 3 Anime no Chikara projects were successes so far. Occult Academy certainly had weaker middle episodes than Sora no Woto, and the world itself was slightly less compelling (to me anyway), but where Occult Academy blew the others away in terms of characterization. Maya and Bunmei (young and older) were fully fleshed out characters. Maya had a lot of depth, various motivations, etc. Every personality quirk as well as her slowly beginning to love occult stuff again had a reason. They managed to give Bunmei the same treatment. The side characters got a bit neglected to varying degrees, but the series was never about them anyway. Only two of the girls (maybe three) got equal treatment in Sora no Woto. Maya and Bunmei got enough to feel like legitimate people.

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
i thought the final episode was one of the better ones in the show. a few last twists, some nice interaction, and the humor that is this show's real strength in my eyes.

the backgrounds were great in this show, and the humor sometimes made up for the disjointed story telling and rather weak plot. the characters were enjoyable, but i don't think i'd categorize any of them as 'unforgettable'. thought the musical score was largely garbage. all in all, i was never really excited or drawn into this show, and it's probably not better than lower-tier on my all-time list. at least it was decent enough to keep me watching to the end.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 09-29-2010, 03:00 AM
I really liked the ending because it showed how everything that was crappy so far actually had a point. I really enjoy it when things that were shown in very early episodes are tied up well in the conclusion. It seems the story was in fact Bunmei's story, a tale of how he changed as a person, and as a result changed history.

Bunmei was really cool at the end. I really like the Railgun-like final battle scene, but I liked how he calmly he approached his past self more. His advice will probably change his younger self for the better much earlier on, making sure his mistakes (as he tried to make sure with his students) will not be repeated.

I'm fine with the future Maya not being shown. I can't say I'm not curious how she looks, but she looked more than adult enough in her teenage days so I guess that's enough for me.

I think the future eventually changed the memories of the people involved, like Ryll said. Maya should remember what happened, because her time-line was the one that remained (but her forgetting it as a way of resolving time paradoxes is fine with me as well), but the father should eventually get a new set of memories. I think the house at the end was Fumiaki's house, so that means the father "remembered" where it was, even though he should have no idea of the location at all.

Two thumbs up for the Anime no Chikara project. This final episode makes me proud I worked on this show.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 09-29-2010, 03:13 AM
I really liked the ending because it showed how everything that was crappy so far actually had a point. I really enjoy it when things that were shown in very early episodes are tied up well in the conclusion. It seems the story was in fact Bunmei's story, a tale of how he changed as a person, and as a result changed history.

Yeah... but.. they were still "crappy".

I was never one for time paradoxes like this, but I swallowed this pretty well. To me, you either create a new timeline when you alter the past, with your own future remaining unchanged different-paths theory), or that every action that your future self performed by travelling to the past contributed to that very future you're living in now (linear timeline theory).

I was totally into Bunmei's "body overload" effect. (especially the tiny bit that came out when he yelled at Maya).

I was deeply disappointed we never saw Maya 13 years later. In fact, I felt cheated.

Same. It's in line with that whole thing about not coming with a complete story and all. It works well enough at times, but when you cut corners so many times, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I can't say this was great, but it was pretty enjoyable overall. I just hope Anime no Chikara gets some feedback and understand that this formula is not the way to prove anime's worth as a medium.

Sapphire
Wed, 09-29-2010, 11:01 PM
GotWoot - 13 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_13_%5BFINAL %5D%5B720p_H264%5D%5BFAFE33FF%5D.mkv.torrent)

f00b4r
Thu, 09-30-2010, 06:03 AM
I think that the anime had a good intro with ep01, but then everything until about ep 10 wasn't really worth it. Much too slow compared to the pace of the end which really kicked ass...

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-30-2010, 08:57 AM
I think they could have done the show with six episodes if it was paced better. The side character plots were pretty unnecessary, and only really served comedy purposes and Bunmei's character development.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-30-2010, 09:04 AM
I think they could have done the show with six episodes if it was paced better. The side character plots were pretty unnecessary, and only really served comedy purposes and Bunmei's character development.

I thought the OP animation was really misleading.

The way it was packed with occult stuff made me expect the same thing from the show.

Congratulations on your first completed show guys!

Death BOO Z
Sun, 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
finally watched it all.

big WTF at 11, the witch battle aside, it kinda undermined the idea of 'occult'. what's the point of Maya knowing about myths and various monsters from around the world if it turns out that a witch summoned them? also, I would have appreciated it if evil witch was more lesbian.

the final episode was an improvement, I liked the idea of double feedback messing up the time stream and bringing down shit.
shit still doesn't explain the 'original' time line (how did the disaster happen when there was only one Bummei?) or why does shit involve GANTZ aliens.

I would have liked to see Bummei doing some real psychic shit as part of the plot, him going out with a big blast of Dragon Ball Z KI BLAST looked like they tacked on an ending and called it a day.

actually, to be precise, the entire 3 last episodes seemed like the lost the script and just 'filmed' the first thing that came in mind.

David75
Mon, 10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
My guess is there was no key.
Those aliens just invaded that day, sun high, that place.

The effect thought to overload the space continuum was bullshit, nothing happened, aliens just arrived there and then.

First time, young bunmei was alone, he wasn't able to do anything against the aliens.
First loop, adult Bunmei snatches young Bunmei's power, does a full power release that kills all aliens, closes the passage and he dies in the process. End of the Alien timeline, end of the loop.

What do you think?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Then how does the phone work?

f00b4r
Tue, 10-05-2010, 05:25 AM
also, I would have appreciated it if evil witch was more lesbian.

Seconded :D

shit still doesn't explain the 'original' time line (how did the disaster happen when there was only one Bummei?) or why does shit involve GANTZ aliens.

That's part of the time paradox. What they suggest is that there always were 2 Bunmeis. The aliens appeared because Bunmei travelled past in time because they appeared in the future (loop). It's a loophole time paradox; it goes along the linear time sci-fi theory.

Archangel
Thu, 10-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Finally finished it myself

It was a fun show i guess, the lack of manliness from Bunmei actually had a point in the end which i still found somewhat dissatisfying all things considered... his last burst of GAR helped though. Add that to Maya having enough balls for the both of them and you get a half decent protagonist duo for the show.

Also, though i know what they were going for i still felt that the resolution of it all went by way too fast.

And i'm with Ryll, i can't believe those cunts didn't show us grown up Maya >_>

Sapphire
Thu, 12-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Seikimatsu Special - [GotWoot] 01 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BGotWoot%5D_Seikimatsu_Occult_Gakuin_Special_-_01_%5B720p_H264%5D%5BF91D5FA4%5D.mkv.torrent)

It's so cute!

02 and 03 coming soon.

gandalfaaron
Wed, 09-14-2011, 08:19 AM
does anyone have the traslantion/trivia/ script for the show? the link http://gotwoot-subs.net/?p=799#comment-1906 here seems to be dead......

if have pls reupload

thanks

Sapphire
Wed, 09-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Check on freelance translators.

gandalfaaron
Wed, 09-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Check on freelance translators.

checked all links are dead

Sapphire
Thu, 09-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Go in #gotwoot on irc.rizon.net and ask someone to give you the scripts. They should be on our FTP.

Use MIRC or some IRC client.

gandalfaaron
Fri, 09-16-2011, 09:35 PM
ok will try that

gandalfaaron
Sat, 09-17-2011, 06:53 AM
apparently no one has it

Sapphire
Sat, 09-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Tell them to look in the scripts folder on the FTP. It should be there. D:

If you're willing to wait, I should be getting a laptop in a few days so I can give it to you.

Edit: Link to scripts. (http://www.sendspace.com/file/zegzgq)

gandalfaaron
Sat, 09-17-2011, 06:09 PM
thanks for the script.....appreciate it

Sapphire
Sat, 09-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Do enjoy.