PDA

View Full Version : Highschool of the Dead

Pages : [1] 2

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 07-05-2010, 05:14 AM
http://img7.anidb.net/pics/anime/50443.jpg
学園黙示録 HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD

* Based on the manga by Satou Daisuke with illustrations by Satou Shouji

The world is over taken with a very deadly disease that turns humans into zombies. In Japan, several students of Fujimi High School, and the school nurse, band together to survive the present apocalypse. The story follows Takashi Komuro, one of the students who survived in the initial outbreak.~AniDB

Genre: Action, Horror, Ecchi,Post-apocalyptic,

Links: AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7382)

[Coalguys] Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=141608)

--------------

Glad to see it's faithfull to the manga from the start. Jumping right into the action. Pretty intense first episode if you ask me. I'm glad they animated it well. Really like the ED song.

Kraco
Mon, 07-05-2010, 06:07 AM
This show looked like a keeper. Granted, the fanservice is there prominently but on the other hand if you consider zombies at large as an idea, they are rather carnal no matter how you look at them - so why no make the rest of the show just as carnal? It's fitting, so I won't be complaining (not that I'd complain about fanservice anyway as long as the whole show isn't just one big blob of service with nothing in between (aka Queen's Blade)).

I like the level of violence and how the people getting eaten alive were screaming and squirming. Such details factor heavily in a good zombie show. It was also important the karate dude got infected and killed (whoever thought of fighting contagious zombies hand-to-hand and lived to tell the tale?).

Yeah, I'm expecting more amusing episodes from this series.

Penner
Mon, 07-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Oh man, that was just awesome on all levels.

I seriously laughed at Takashi's instant reaction to that guy walking into the school fence, he just went straight to "Some rapist?" lol

I guess their school is prone to rapist attacks?, and from seeing what the girls in that school look like and what they wear, it's like a damn rape magnet lol

Archangel
Mon, 07-05-2010, 10:47 AM
2 words: Fucking Awesome!

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Why the fuck does a group start a series if they are undecided to do it in the first place? CoalGuys say on their site they are leaning towards dropping the show.

HSOTD – 01
Published
by
CoalGuys
on July 5, 2010
in Uncategorized
. 70 Comments

Christ, ATXHD >:|

Sentai’s subs are ok but tler finished the translation before I could even check, so might as well. Then I took another 2 hours fixing the encode b/c atx is being atx.

I’ll have another week to figure out if I should drop this or no (leaning towards yes)

Download : [ Torrent | DDL | ASS ]

P.S. filesize is an accurate representation of how god tier the animation is

Is the other group, Commie, good?

Archangel
Mon, 07-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Oh yeah commie is the golden flag of fansubbing, go for it...

Sapphire
Mon, 07-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh dear god I love this show. I have a nose bleed from all this awesomeness. I will perhaps make a more articulate post when I calm down or just leave it at that.

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I've been dying to see this animated ever since I read the manga. Its fucking brilliant.

Broken friendships... human stampedes... suicide... it was just pure utter chaos.

But damn... Hisashi wanted to die before converting into a zombie and they stood there like idiots... and he changed before their eyes. Ouch.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 07-05-2010, 03:08 PM
I already crave for the next episode.

MFauli
Mon, 07-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Wow, that turned out to be as awesome as I expected it :D
Loved the 28 weeks later-song variation at the end.
Lots of potential here. Though all the panty-shots felt really out of place...wtf :D

Though, I wonder if this series´ depiction of human behavior as really that believable. Im sure there would be a lot of assholes if such thing happened in reallife. But here, basically EVERYONE but the main group turned into mindless assholes. I guess it´s simply easier to follow a small group than having, whatever, 50 people survive and portray them in-depth.

Looking forward to episode 2.

David75
Mon, 07-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm just wondering what tricks they'll use -other than lots of flashbacks- to serialize a zombie show :D

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Hisashi deserved it. The reason why he got bitten was because of his arrogance. Even a karate-ka would use weapons in such situations, especially because too little is known about the enemy.

The girl was funny though. Blaming the MC for killing her boyfriend in the worse possible way, then begging him to stay the next. I kind of wanted to throw her into the zombie pool.

Idealistic
Tue, 07-06-2010, 01:34 AM
OMG... Already a favorite for me.

JaySee
Tue, 07-06-2010, 05:04 AM
Oh yeah commie is the golden flag of fansubbing, go for it...

Commie is definitely the one to watch. Coalguys' translation is horrible. Rubbles? There's a fight in the school. Evacuate. That makes sense...

KrayZ33
Wed, 07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Awesome! it doesn't need the Ecchi scenes to be this good though (makes it harder for me to recommend it for people who are not into such movies/series)

can't wait for more.

btw, are their 2 different versions?
the PV showed how the teacher, who climbed out of the window, fall onto the ground (you could see how his head got smashed).

ForteCross
Fri, 07-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Hisashi deserved it. The reason why he got bitten was because of his arrogance. Even a karate-ka would use weapons in such situations, especially because too little is known about the enemy.

The girl was funny though. Blaming the MC for killing her boyfriend in the worse possible way, then begging him to stay the next. I kind of wanted to throw her into the zombie pool.

yeah i already hate her... hope it wont end with both of them dating or some shit

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 04:15 AM
yeah i already hate her... hope it wont end with both of them dating or some shit
Lol, unless she gets eaten by one of those zombies i'm pretty sure that's what's gonna happen

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-09-2010, 04:17 AM
I certainly hope not. There are other girls, like the twin tailed girl (who seems to like the MC) or the sword chick.

Kraco
Fri, 07-09-2010, 04:33 AM
I wouldn't really leave it to the Japanese if I was looking for a surprising story development but maybe this series will be different. I would be immensely pleased if the stock girl didn't get the guy. I already like the sword girl the most despite her low screentime so far. I hope she will get him (and a real sword).

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-10-2010, 01:45 AM

I disliked it during the moment, but in retrospect it was actually good - like the girls who were "friends". When shit goes chaotic, so does your thoughts.

I still dislike the amount of fanservice this has, but like the above, I would even go as far to say it's "necessary", to pull this show back from being 150% intense. It's distracting, and that's probably the point.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7649/coalguyshighschoolofthe.jpg

C.C.?!

depthcharge
Sun, 07-11-2010, 03:53 AM
The teacher that first got bitten, has less then desired reaction time. If someone is spewing blood, it would have made sense to get the fuck away from him asap.

Anyhow, I like this show.

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-11-2010, 06:18 AM
The teacher that first got bitten, has less then desired reaction time. If someone is spewing blood, it would have made sense to get the fuck away from him asap.Well, from the sound of things, and even the photo in the credits, it looked like the female teacher had a bit of a thing for the P.E. teacher. Romantic, platonic, or just really close professionally, we'll never know, but she was concerned about him more than I would have expected given the situation. She was more or less leaning right over him when he woke and bit her.

Granted, the fanservice is there prominently but on the other hand if you consider zombies at large as an idea, they are rather carnal no matter how you look at them - so why no make the rest of the show just as carnal? It's fitting, so I won't be complaining (not that I'd complain about fanservice anyway as long as the whole show isn't just one big blob of service with nothing in between (aka Queen's Blade)).
I agree with Kraco about the carnality of the series being the reason for the fanservice. Is it unnecessary? Maybe, but they are ripping off clothing and tearing into flesh anyway, so why be shy about anything else? The effect of having both the violence, gore and sexuality makes the show even more raw. It ends up being shocking on a number of levels, even the proportions of the character design.

Still, I'd say my favorite part of the episode is without a doubt the two, "best friends," who betray each other, only for the other one to get grabbed straight away. When the zombies grabbed her around the face, and her expression changed, a chill ran up my spine. It was also a pretty good lesson. She had every opportunity right at the beginning to save her friend. She was only grabbed around the ankle. The two of them might have lived longer if she hadn't been so concerned about saving herself at the expense of someone else. Two sets of eyes are better than one.

The chaos and panic evoked was excellent. It is this caliber of series that the anime industry needs to re-energize itself.

JaySee
Mon, 07-12-2010, 07:25 AM
High School of the Dead Episode 2 [Commie] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=143164)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-12-2010, 08:50 AM
High School of the Dead Episode 2 [Commie] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=143164)

Looks like Coalguys aren't dropping this quite yet: (they're also less censored than HS's version)

Coalguys - Episode 02
(http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143168)

WARNING: SPOILER PICS BELOW

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5999/highschoolofthedead02la.jpg

"Protecting a man's pride is a woman's duty."

If Saeko wasn't already the hottest candidate, she's just stolen the Best Female Character crown now. Damn she's awesome, just look at that OP!
(edit: and PVC figures are already in the works! CONTAINS CHARACTER DESIGN SPOILERS AND NUDITY)
(http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=1426)
Too bad characters like her who are too much in their own league end up alone romantically.

Kouta's rubber sights and all were funny, but do nail guns really have that much power at range? These zombies seem to have an iron grip, but jack all structural integrity. The duct tape, on the other hand, has shockingly good quality.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5999/highschoolofthedead02la.jpg

This shot along with the interaction between the genius and gunner all but seals those two romantic pairings, which leaves poor Saeko and (god I hate her) the school nurse. :(

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Man these episodes are over way too fast. Kohta is like the new MacGyver.

Sentenal
Mon, 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Is Commie or CoalGuys better for this show?

JaySee
Mon, 07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Commie's translation is better. CoalGuys have grammar/spelling errors and put in random stupid stuff like "What's that? A rapist?" However, Commie doesn't sub the opening and only releases 480p. This last episode from Commie had lots of encoding errors too.

Sentenal
Mon, 07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Commie's translation is better. CoalGuys have grammar/spelling errors and put in random stupid stuff like "What's that? A rapist?" However, Commie doesn't sub the opening and only releases 480p. This last episode from Commie had lots of encoding errors too.
Are they the same in terms of censoring?

KrayZ33
Mon, 07-12-2010, 03:24 PM
man, the nurse pretty much destroys the whole feeling

as if the eechi scenes weren't enough, no, they had to implent a totally useless extremely huge breasted blonde chick with a boring, silly and sleepy attitude, great!

however, the zombie smashing and chaos everywhere is still awesome,

The television report at the end confused me a bit. are they "rioting" nationwide already? and the police + SDF seem to know about the zombies already (they wouldn't shoot the people in the body bags otherwise)... which makes me wonder why the reporter got killed. it's not like they are hard to oversee in the middle of a street.
even if the citizen don't know about the truth yet, the police should be able to warn them or shoot the zombies before they reach them.

Death13a
Mon, 07-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I like ecchi in this series as zombie and ecchi go well together, nurse has her own special abilities. As for TV report: zombie react on sound so gunshot will attract all nearby zombies to buffet and more you shoot the more zombies you attract.

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Episode 2 was fantastic. I don't mind the jiggling since I already read the manga, but I can understand why first timers are somewhat annoyed.

It saddened me that every version got censored this time around though.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 07-12-2010, 11:40 PM
man, the nurse pretty much destroys the whole feeling

as if the eechi scenes weren't enough, no, they had to implent a totally useless extremely huge breasted blonde chick with a boring, silly and sleepy attitude, great!

It's not even that so much as the "BOIOIOINNNNGGG" sounds that were played everytime her tits moved.

Archangel
Tue, 07-13-2010, 07:11 AM
I swear i orgasmed when she picked up the chainsaw, it was that damn awesome even if they censored it

Other than that I'm pretty much with Bill on the pairings even though i think even if fatty doesn't get killed along the way he isn't getting no pussy until the very final episode

Also i don't get all the hate for the nurse, i for one am looking forward for the moment when reality comes crashing down on her and she breaks

JaySee
Tue, 07-13-2010, 07:51 AM
I swear i orgasmed when she picked up the chainsaw, it was that damn awesome even if they censored it

Also i don't get all the hate for the nurse, i for one am looking forward for the moment when reality comes crashing down on her and she breaks

If it weren't censored, you would know that it was a drill. The nurse is that annoying character everyone wants to die, but keeps lucking out. Hopefully there will be her epic murder at the end.

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-13-2010, 08:43 AM

A chainsaw on a highschool... right :rolleyes:

Archangel
Tue, 07-13-2010, 08:44 AM
It was still awesome :(

JaySee
Tue, 07-13-2010, 09:57 AM
A chainsaw on a highschool... right :rolleyes:

Chainsaws aren't used in wood shop, they're for cutting off branches and trees. A band saw and reciprocating saw are. OH! Using either of those in a scene would be nice! Shove a zombie into a band saw or reciprocating saw to the neck. :D

depthcharge
Tue, 07-13-2010, 10:40 AM
It was a drill. At least it sounded like one of those that a dentist would use.

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
It's a drill. See this page from the manga (http://www.1000manga.com/Highschool_of_the_Dead/2/27/) should you desire. That said, the sound effect was completely off.

I thought Takagi was probably one of the most dynamic characters so far, and not just because of her breakdown into tears. Compared to Rei and Busujima, she's fairly helpless, but she still had a very strong desire to survive. She finds the first person she sees that might be able to help her, knowing he's some sort of gun/technology otaku, and drags him to the woodshop and lays out everything on the table. She bosses him around, and then waits for him to McGuyver something. Sure, she comes off as a bit of a princess, but she's got the smarts to back up her claims about being a genius.

She stayed away from the staff room knowing that it would be the first place panicky (and probably bitten) students would go. Sure enough, she was right and Hirano and she were safe. Most importantly, she decided that figuring out how the zombies work was the right approach for the two of them.

Again, she's not Busujima, she's not Rei, and she's not Komuro. She can't fight on her own. She figured out a way to dodge them, and went about it somewhat scientifically. No one else we've seen so far has bothered, Busujima didn't. Busujima is a cool, calm, and experienced fighter, and she merely uses the minimal effort. Takagi can't do that, and when her smarts couldn't save her, she overreacted with the drill. It gives her a depth we haven't seen in the other characters so far.

I really liked the trichotomy in approaches the three girls used in getting themselves to safety. Takagi was all leadership and brains, Busujima pure skill, and Rei was primarily brute force (the hose and using the spear so forcefully that it takes her time to extract it). I'm sure the nurse will display something useful sooner or later...or maybe she's only their driver?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-13-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm sure the nurse will display something useful sooner or later...or maybe she's only their driver?

Her boobs will fit behind the wheel? :eek:

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Her boobs will fit behind the wheel? :eek:

She's already equipped with airbags, she's ideal for a getaway driver in this kind of dangerous situation.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
I just don't wanna see the part where it deflates a while after the impact.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I just don't wanna see the part where it deflates a while after the impact.

Reading that with shinta's current avatar is the best.

MFauli
Wed, 07-14-2010, 08:45 AM
I´ll jump on the hate-bandwagon concerning the nurse. Really annoying. What´s super annoying is how that sword-bitch came JUST IN TIME FOR THE GUY TO GET BITTEN. Awesome...not. Brave, couragous guy dies, stupid boob-chick survives...sigh.

I also dont really like the sword-girl. Feels out of place, how easily and confidently she´s killing zombies.

Rest of the episode was great, though. I´d have preferred for them to stay in smaller groups for longer. The big group kind of kills all the potential between fat guy and genius girl, and the existence of sword girl makes it all feel to safe now.

Ryllharu
Wed, 07-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I´d have preferred for them to stay in smaller groups for longer. The big group kind of kills all the potential between fat guy and genius girl, and the existence of sword girl makes it all feel to safe now.I get the feeling that if they left the school and went out in pairs into the city that they would all die. Now they are a nice Dawn of the Dead sized group (original or remake).

Busujima and Shizuka (the nurse) probably would have been the only ones to get out safely if they hadn't all joined together. She's the only one who knows how to drive. Takagi (pink twintails) brought on a large group of zombies when she started screaming as she lost it and when she used the drill. Those two would have been goners. Komuro and Rei don't come off as all that bright or resourceful on their own.

depthcharge
Wed, 07-14-2010, 11:11 PM
I reckon that under this particular situation, I would not want to move around anywhere. I would stock up on provision and just hide.

If sound will lure the zombies away, the perimeter can be secured with sound traps that lead away from the hiding spot.

MFauli
Thu, 07-15-2010, 07:06 AM
I get the feeling that if they left the school and went out in pairs into the city that they would all die. Now they are a nice Dawn of the Dead sized group (original or remake).

Busujima and Shizuka (the nurse) probably would have been the only ones to get out safely if they hadn't all joined together. She's the only one who knows how to drive. Takagi (pink twintails) brought on a large group of zombies when she started screaming as she lost it and when she used the drill. Those two would have been goners. Komuro and Rei don't come off as all that bright or resourceful on their own.

Could have fleshed out their being at school a bit longer, then.

Well, whatever. I just hope that Busujima sees her limit soon, though I have no idea how. Maybe by seeing her dead or zombie parents or something like that. She´s just too confident for the situation.

Penner
Thu, 07-15-2010, 10:29 AM
This show is sooo badass, i just wish they would up the picture quality a bit..

It saddened me that every version got censored this time around though.

They did? Is there an uncensored version somewhere or did they just not air one at all?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
They want to sell the DVDs/BDs.

Archangel
Thu, 07-15-2010, 12:30 PM
They want to sell the DVDs/BDs.
She drilled a motherfucking zombie skull, sometimes you have to see it from their side too and not be such a cynic Shinta >_>

poopdeville
Thu, 07-15-2010, 09:09 PM
My lady friend recommended this show for all the fan service. (I guess she knows what I like...) I hope that wasn't censored too.

Rikudo
Fri, 07-16-2010, 01:52 AM
My lady friend recommended this show for all the fan service. (I guess she knows what I like...) I hope that wasn't censored too.

You know what they say, "mother's knows best."

poopdeville
Fri, 07-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Ya ya, she's a mom, but not mine. ;-)

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 07-19-2010, 04:34 AM
[Commie] High School of the Dead - 03 MKV (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144783)

[gg]HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD - 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144772)
Coalguys dropped the show.

And yes her boobs DID fit behind the wheel!

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-19-2010, 06:30 AM
Man was Tagaki annoying. While some of her criticism was helpful (such as about the car rolling over), a good deal of it was much more demoralising than it needed to be. Add that to the fact that she's acting kinda all high 'n mighty because she's a genius with no combat ability who keeps yapping and standing only to have her ass saved, she can be one hell of an eyesore pain in the ass to listen to. (she IS still somewhat visually appealing after all)

Given all of the above, it says a lot when she pales in comparison to the sly teacher. He's a type that I love to hate. He's a complete asshole who should die a horrible death, but a tiny part of me wishes to keep him alive all the same because they really spice up the politics (as he just did). Still, I wish that Saeko and all the original crew would leave him and his followers soon. His "survival of the fittest" remark was simply ironic.

So much is my hate for him that Rei climbed right up the ladder for ditching him on the spot (as well as completely shafting the guy who challenged Takashi.) I don't even care that she was being a bitch anymore.

Make no mistake though, I'm still very much a Busujima Saeko fan.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7309/85529267.jpg (http://img836.imageshack.us/i/minitokyofemalescanshig.jpg/)

Yukimura
Mon, 07-19-2010, 10:52 AM
This episode felt like it went by quite quickly. I pretty much echo Buff's sentiments on it though. I was not pleased to see Takagi reverting to her old whiny, constantly berating, overly loud personality. I suppose it's better than her going competely catatonic and being dead weight though. It is especially irksome that she continues to spout off about being the most 'intelligent' and 'superior' member of the group yet she is apparently unable to control her impulsive screaming at people despite being surrounded by sound hunting zombies.

Busujima had another understated but awesome performance though, offering to risk herself for the group and beating up zombies with even more passion and flare than before. She is quite the cool player though I am interested to see if somewhere down the road she actually manages to get flustered about something and has to deal with it.

depthcharge
Mon, 07-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Electric motorbikes and electric cars would be one of the quietest transportation that these guys can find. A gasoline crossroad bike with its sharp engine sound would be a zombie magnet. Then again, you can probably be on a bike and attract and trap those zombie for incineration.

Archangel
Mon, 07-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Maybe I'm over analyzing this but a couple of events didn't set well with me with this one

- First, if the zombies are only moved by sound why aren't they going after each other? Also for blinds they don't seem to trip or walk into objects all that much

- How exactly did a situation develop where a bus full of zombies was speeding through the highway? Transformation takes time, we've seen it, so even if one of them was infected and later transformed i don't see how it would have escalated to the situation we witnessed.

- Why are Rei's spear thrusts suddenly effective against the zombies? I don't think i saw her gunning for their heads even once.

These are just nitpicks since i still thought the episode was buckets of awesome, we even have a bad guy to hate now.

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-19-2010, 02:27 PM
[Commie] High School of the Dead - 03 MKV (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144783)

[gg]HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD - 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144772)
Coalguys dropped the show.

And yes her boobs DID fit behind the wheel!

Ugh... I knew I shouldn't trust a group that was born from GG...

I'll have to get Commie now.

Archangel
Mon, 07-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Ugh... I knew I shouldn't trust a group that was born from GG...

I'll have to get Commie now.
They're using Eclipse's translator you know?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-20-2010, 03:07 AM
Maybe I'm over analyzing this but a couple of events didn't set well with me with this one

- First, if the zombies are only moved by sound why aren't they going after each other? Also for blinds they don't seem to trip or walk into objects all that much

You have to take the sound trigger thing very loosely. For example, if you screamed, then stepped sideways, would the zombies only lung at the spot you were standing previously?

I thought about this too, and this is what I settled with:

ZOMBIES don't make sense. Enough of sense-making ;)

- How exactly did a situation develop where a bus full of zombies was speeding through the highway? Transformation takes time, we've seen it, so even if one of them was infected and later transformed i don't see how it would have escalated to the situation we witnessed.

This one's easy. It was a bus ignorantly rescuing all these injured people. Solved! :p

- Why are Rei's spear thrusts suddenly effective against the zombies? I don't think i saw her gunning for their heads even once..

Yeah.. this one's... difficult. I understood that they wanted to make the point earlier on, and they could have easily drawn Rei gunning for the heads. Besides censoring, I can't think of any other reason.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Yeah.. this one's... difficult. I understood that they wanted to make the point earlier on, and they could have easily drawn Rei gunning for the heads. Besides censoring, I can't think of any other reason.

They leveled up after beating a few zombies. Even with resistance, if the damage is high enough it will still kill it.

Seriously, the point they were trying to make last time was that the spear won't kill the zombies if you just thrust or smash at the body. This time, they were running and beating them away (not killing them, just like Busujima was doing before), so hitting the head is not necessary.

depthcharge
Tue, 07-20-2010, 05:51 AM
Burning seems to work very well for those passengers zombies. Next stop: Please blow your cigarette smoke at zombies to keep them at bay.(where there is smoke there is fire and zombies dont like fire)

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 07-20-2010, 06:41 AM
They didn't seem to mind being on fire though.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Burning seems to work very well for those passengers zombies. Next stop: Please blow your cigarette smoke at zombies to keep them at bay.(where there is smoke there is fire and zombies dont like fire)

Only problem is that burning takes some time to kill, and also causes collateral damage. It's ill advised to use it in close quarters, or in an environment you don't want to burn (eg your home/base).

One useful side effect of using fire is that you can light up the battle field using corpses and save up on batteries.

A firewall would make an awesome barrier, but it's use is limited since it consumes resources.

What these guys need is a good old castle. I wonder if you can drown a zombie.

depthcharge
Wed, 07-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Seriously, flame thrower should be part of every arsenal in preparation for doomsday, zombie or alien invasion.

Burn baby, burn!

KrayZ33
Wed, 07-21-2010, 09:16 AM
i prefer sentry guns

Penner
Wed, 07-21-2010, 09:32 AM
I want more of this, NOW!

I really think they kinda NEED a second season because i can't see how they can properly end a whole "zombie apocalypse" show in only 13 episodes without rushing it abit, and i hate it when they do that.

Archangel
Wed, 07-21-2010, 01:18 PM
I want more of this, NOW!

I really think they kinda NEED a second season because i can't see how they can properly end a whole "zombie apocalypse" show in only 13 episodes without rushing it abit, and i hate it when they do that.

Well yeah, being a zombie apocalypse they can end it at any moment they want, i just hope they keep some breathing room for an hypothetical second season

ForteCross
Wed, 07-21-2010, 03:08 PM
both chapter 1 and chapter 2 had more than 60 pages, and they still managed to make it into 2 episodes, as far as i saw (which isnt much) the rest of the chapters had only 30~ pages, they could get like 25 chapters in 13 episodes if they rush it abit...

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-21-2010, 09:19 PM
both chapter 1 and chapter 2 had more than 60 pages, and they still managed to make it into 2 episodes, as far as i saw (which isnt much) the rest of the chapters had only 30~ pages, they could get like 25 chapters in 13 episodes if they rush it abit...

But the manga isn't finished yet, right?

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 07-22-2010, 05:05 AM
No but it's going really...really slow. Thought they were only at chapter 26 now.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Seriously, the point they were trying to make last time was that the spear won't kill the zombies if you just thrust or smash at the body. This time, they were running and beating them away (not killing them, just like Busujima was doing before), so hitting the head is not necessary.Busujima made mention to Shizuka-sensei that it was much easier to simply knock them away. It is easy to just assume that she gave Rei a few pointers (or reminded her of how she should be fighting). Rei was knocking over a fair share of them, rather than going for a kill. She was yelling and freaking out in the first episode, she was much calmer here.

I have a soft spot for Takagi, besides Komuro she really is the most "normal" of the main cast. She's not particularly good at fighting, nor is she immune to panic. While she somewhat undermined their own efforts in the courtyard, she was certainly no worse than the other groups they joined up with. She might end up looking like a victim most of the time, but she serves to balance out the others. It would be kind of silly to have a group that can all fight with martial weapons or has extensive knowledge of guns this early into the outbreak.

As for that controlling, manipulative asshole of a teacher, I wonder what exactly it was that he did to Rei to make her hate him so much. I'm sure she's well justified, but she comes off as being terrified of him as much as she is angry at him. He is super easy to hate character, even if I don't really like Rei that much. That said, you have to give him a little credit. He was well aware that they might not make it to the bus, and when the perfect opportunity to create a distraction presented itself, he took it.

MFauli
Thu, 07-22-2010, 07:16 PM
The only thing that grants that much hatred and the way she´s totally terrified by the teacher´s mere presence, would be having been raped by him some time in the past. Seriously, if it´s not that, she´s acting completely dumb.

Just watched episode 3, and I REALLY disliked how strong the group is now. Especially Rei, who looks like some Soul Calibur-fighter, lol.

Things I look forward to:

- Asshole-Teacher doing something awesomely cruel
- Boob-woman breast-feeding the whole group because they cant find food
- Rei being killed

I´m sure one of these will happen, maybe two... :D

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-22-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm fine with that asshat teacher taking advantage of an opportunity. What I dislike is how he relished what he did. Normally, one is forced to do such a thing, or maybe even not care all that much, but he enjoyed it. He deserves to die a horrible death.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-26-2010, 03:45 AM
gg - Episode 04 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=146555)

---------------------------------

This episode didn't turn out to be as suspenseful as I was anticipating. I was actually expecting Takashi to turn up at a gas station FULL of camping thugs and be completely surrounded. What actually happened was a random groping Rei. (Mind you, I was expecting a lot less groping. I'm pleasantly surprised).

Add this to like 7 minutes of recap, and you get a pretty uneventful episode with a little, but good, highlight.

I gave Takashi too much credit by thinking he threw the bat loudly on purpose to gather zombies. Perhaps the gun was plan B because the zombies didn't rock up in time, but he made no hint that it was the case.

Archangel
Mon, 07-26-2010, 10:05 AM
What an uneventful episode... all those recaps were total bulshit

MFauli
Mon, 07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
The recap at the beginning was ridiculous.

oh, and Rei is now officially a super-bitch. If Takashi hadn´t stopped, what would she have done? Killed the guy for...touching her tits? Fuck you, bitch. Hope she gets it back at her soon, sigh.

Archangel
Mon, 07-26-2010, 12:16 PM

oh, and Rei is now officially a super-bitch. If Takashi hadn´t stopped, what would she have done? Killed the guy for...touching her tits? Fuck you, bitch. Hope she gets it back at her soon, sigh.
Yeah because if some huge fairy started raping the shit out of you you'd just become best friends right?

Penner
Mon, 07-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah, he didn't just "touch her tits", the dude fucking held her hostage with a knife to her throat AND groped her, he had it coming.

MFauli
Mon, 07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
That still doesnt warrant freaking death. And you could tell from her expression that she simply wanted revenge for having been touched. sick bitch

Archangel
Mon, 07-26-2010, 02:36 PM
That still doesnt warrant freaking death. And you could tell from her expression that she simply wanted revenge for having been touched. sick bitch
Yeah attempted rape should just warrant a slap on the wrists, the same with attempted murder since it didn't succeed anyway amirite?

Kraco
Mon, 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
At least the molester granted them the most valuable lesson: Even in a land filled with zombies your most dangerous enemy is still another living human. I'm somewhat pleased they learned that so early and easily as it would have bothered me a lot if the story had made a bigger event out of such an elementary thing.

That also explains why, in my opinion, Rei's reaction was understandable. They had been fleeing zombies, watching them kill their fellow students and friends, and then when they suddenly met another survivor, he attacked them and worse. It was rage, disappointment, humiliation, fear, desperation, and other negativity mixed together. Not just being a vengeful bitch.

MFauli
Mon, 07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Yeah attempted rape should just warrant a slap on the wrists, the same with attempted murder since it didn't succeed anyway amirite?

Attempted rape != rape
Oh come on, it was just a bitchy move wanting to kill him. Again, imo, you could see it from Rei´s expression that she really simply wanted to get revenge for this guy touching her tits. Nothing else.

Hope, she´ll see a bad end in the near future.

Archangel
Mon, 07-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Attempted rape != rape
You cannot be this fucking retarded so i'm going to choose to believe you're trolling me and ignore the matter

Lucifus
Mon, 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Seriously?

I'm not even gonna make an argument, because if you think she was in the wrong; then I doubt any argument I come up with is gonna change your way of thinking.

(Talking to MFauli)

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-26-2010, 07:08 PM
At least the molester granted them the most valuable lesson: Even in a land filled with zombies your most dangerous enemy is still another living human. I'm somewhat pleased they learned that so early and easily as it would have bothered me a lot if the story had made a bigger event out of such an elementary thing.

That also explains why, in my opinion, Rei's reaction was understandable. They had been fleeing zombies, watching them kill their fellow students and friends, and then when they suddenly met another survivor, he attacked them and worse. It was rage, disappointment, humiliation, fear, desperation, and other negativity mixed together. Not just being a vengeful bitch.That's one thing I really liked about this episode. Komuro's narration and Rei's absolute look of disgust as they drive off taught the two of them a lot. The world they knew was over.

I think this episode redeemed Rei in a number of ways. She used her knowledge of her father's work to get them a gun and extra bullets, didn't balk or cry at the deed either. Komuro certainly did. Hell, I loved the look on her face right before they drove off. Rei saw nothing but a waste of life in him. You have to feel bad for they guy, he probably went a bit out of his mind killing his entire family when they turned, but those kind of selfish acts both have and don't have their place in this new world.

Rei and Komuro used him, plain and simple. They got to escape without any difficultly after leaving him there bleeding and crying. In some ways, the two of them are as bad as he became. To survive you have to turn cold-hearted. They too only thought of themselves at that point.

But that's the world they now live in.

Yukimura
Mon, 07-26-2010, 10:48 PM
In my view beating (especially to death) people who are no immediate threat to you because they did something bad to you or someone you care about is morally wrong even if you really want to and they seem like they deserve it. I find it quite understandable that she wanted to make him suffer for what he put her through but revenge for the sake of revenge isn't justifiable as far as I'm concerned.

If she had actually gone through with it I wouldn't have shed many tears for the guy but I wouldn't see her as much better than him either. We're supposed to be past patting people on the back for taking the 'an eye for an eye' mentality to the extreme. I think the guy tried to rape her because she was hot and he wanted to and he thought he could get away with it (mental instability probably helped too). That's a bullshit reason to harm someone. I think she wanted to beat his ass even after he was rendered a non-threat because he made her feel scared and weak and embarrassed and because she thought she could get away with it. That is also a bullshit reason to harm someone.

P.S. For what it's worth I do think he got what was coming to him in the end.

depthcharge
Tue, 07-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Anarchy! At that stage, thinking about being moral and sane will put you in more danger. I think the guideline is, if I call 911 and no body picks up, i wait 15minutes and do the same for 2 more times. After that I operate in anarchy mode for 24hours and try to return to sanity again by calling 911 for help.

Anyone, who messes up in those 24hr, can't blame me for being anything other than insane. (btw being the cruel person that I am, I am probably not going to insta-kill the person after I initially disable him, i will let him die a slow painful death)

MasterOfMoogles
Tue, 07-27-2010, 02:31 AM
It was probably actually worse to just leave him there without finishing him off.

Archangel
Tue, 07-27-2010, 02:33 AM
It was probably actually worse to just leave him there without finishing him off.
Lol, true

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-27-2010, 02:33 AM

He was going to make her his sex slave.

If someone wanted to make me their sex slave, I

... probably won't kill them neither.

What irked me was how Takashi waited so long before acting. Was he going to stand and look if that guy just decided to rape Rei on the spot? He was close enough to the guy anyway to worry about missing. Just point it at him and scare the shit through him.

If this is how he's going to use a gun, he should just stick with the bat.

Archangel
Tue, 07-27-2010, 02:38 AM

If someone wanted to make me their sex slave, I

... probably won't kill them neither.
Clever how you purposely omitted the sexuality of your imaginary assaulter

depthcharge
Tue, 07-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Maybe he doesn't mind?

Beggar cant be choosers!

MFauli
Tue, 07-27-2010, 06:02 AM
I simply refuse to accept that what the guy did was enough to grant him death. Even moreso when it was clear that Rei just wanted to get revenge on him. Had she kicked him in the stomache while he was laying on the ground, that would have been reasonable. But charging a baseball bat, probably aiming for his head? Yeah, not okay. For me, this scene really hurt Rei´s character, and I´m not routing for her anymore.

Which would have been incredibly hot if the anime-producers had shown that :p

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-27-2010, 06:39 AM
What irked me was how Takashi waited so long before acting. Was he going to stand and look if that guy just decided to rape Rei on the spot? He was close enough to the guy anyway to worry about missing. Just point it at him and scare the shit through him.

If this is how he's going to use a gun, he should just stick with the bat.

I disagree. I think he handled the situation very well. Handling a gun is not as easy as it seems, and with the guy holding Rei so close, there is a decent chance of hitting her if he shoots from a distance.

The reason why he didn't act immediately was because the guy had the knife near Rei's throat, and was prepared to kill her if he had moved suddenly. Pointing the gun at him is also a bad idea, since it will only make him go nuts (especially if he gets scared) and he might just hurt/kill Rei in the process.

In the scene when Takashi was slowly moving towards the guy, he managed to piss the guy off enough for him to point his hostility (and knife) towards Takashi. He managed to use this chance well too.

@Mfauli - As expected.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-27-2010, 06:48 AM
I disagree. I think he handled the situation very well. Handling a gun is not as easy as it seems, and with the guy holding Rei so close, there is a decent chance of hitting her if he shoots from a distance.

The reason why he didn't act immediately was because the guy had the knife near Rei's throat, and was prepared to kill her if he had moved suddenly. Pointing the gun at him is also a bad idea, since it will only make him go nuts (especially if he gets scared) and he might just hurt/kill Rei in the process.

In the scene when Takashi was slowly moving towards the guy, he managed to piss the guy off enough for him to point his hostility (and knife) towards Takashi. He managed to use this chance well too.

@Mfauli - As expected.

Was that the only instance where the dude's knife moved away from Rei? I thought there were earlier opportunities, though not necessarily directing the knife away, but pulling away.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-27-2010, 07:33 AM
While physical distance is quite important, what is even more important is the target of the person holding the knife. If he just suddenly dashed in and startled the maniac, chances are he would have slashed Rei's throat because that is what his mind is focused on. Moving his hand a foot or two is still much faster than Takashi running more than 10 feet.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-27-2010, 08:00 AM
While physical distance is quite important, what is even more important is the target of the person holding the knife. If he just suddenly dashed in and startled the maniac, chances are he would have slashed Rei's throat because that is what his mind is focused on. Moving his hand a foot or two is still much faster than Takashi running more than 10 feet.

He shouldn't have to rush in. My idea is that since the knifer is giving Takashi the freedom to move, he could have used it to his advantage.

The scenario in my head is that he just finds a suitable time where he can blend the action of placing his hand on the gun into whatever he was doing at the time. The knifer's already let his guard down since he threw away the bat and is a distance away from him, not to mention he was rather preoccupied with something else half the time.

All you have to do is then draw, aim, and tell HIM to freeze. The air of confidence is what's required, not the actual chance of hitting the knifer. Verbally nailing the idea that bullets are faster than his hand into the knifer's head while casually walking forwards will then distract and freeze him while you close in on a distance where you can reliably take him out.

You first move in to disable him mentally.

Then physically.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-27-2010, 08:15 AM
I get the idea, but it's a very risky plan. The guy was admittedly crazy, so yelling freeze and pointing a gun at him can cause him to behave in a number of irrational ways. Takashi's plan was more straightforward and reliable, although I admit it did involve a lot more patience.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-27-2010, 08:20 AM
I get the idea, but it's a very risky plan. The guy was admittedly crazy, so yelling freeze and pointing a gun at him can cause him to behave in a number of irrational ways. Takashi's plan was more straightforward and reliable, although I admit it did involve a lot more patience.

I guess his was a proven method.

I just had to watch Rei get abused in the meanwhile.

(Why the hell am I feeling upset about that anyway.. :confused: )

depthcharge
Tue, 07-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Would it help if you watch a woman groping a man's chest?

The ending scene had the thug transformed into a zombie, now that would be a force to be reckon with.(yeah, a zombie that is also a hentai)

KrayZ33
Tue, 07-27-2010, 10:24 AM

ya man!

she could have touched his penis and call it a fair game!

Kraco
Tue, 07-27-2010, 11:19 AM
I have to agree with Shinta on Takashi's plan being the best one around. He obediently threw away the bat and started to refuel the bike letting the molester believe he's perfectly in charge. He also kept the gun hidden which was of utmost importance. Because otherwise the bastard would have told him to throw it away as well or he would slash Rei's throat. I somehow doubt Takashi would have had the guts to disobey considering he was aware of how difficult a weapon a pistol is the moment he held one in his hand.

So, in short, he needed a perfect moment to use the gun under circumstances where the crazed molester would have no chances anymore and where he, as a n00b, wouldn't fail.

Sentenal
Tue, 07-27-2010, 11:28 AM
I simply refuse to accept that what the guy did was enough to grant him death. Even moreso when it was clear that Rei just wanted to get revenge on him. Had she kicked him in the stomache while he was laying on the ground, that would have been reasonable. But charging a baseball bat, probably aiming for his head? Yeah, not okay. For me, this scene really hurt Rei´s character, and I´m not routing for her anymore.

Which would have been incredibly hot if the anime-producers had shown that :p
Because clearly, we knew Rei was going to savagely beat him to death with a baseball bat, because she glared at him and seemingly wanted physical retribution against someone who tried to rape her.

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 07-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Considering the messed up situation they were in, I can't blame Takashi for shooting the guy. For one, the guy already established that he was a threat to Rei and Takashi, cynically speaking, wounding him insures that he won't pounce on them the minute their back is turned or when they're getting on the bike to leave. A crazy, semi-rational human is more dangerous than a zombie. Besides it gives zombies live bait to distract them from their escape.

He could have told the guy to freeze let Rei go and skedaddle, but Takashi was making his choice instinctively in the heat of the moment, with no police training or firearms training, and he just saw his childhood friend being threatened with rape, the only thing going through his head was prlly "take the crazy guy down"

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Considering the messed up situation they were in, I can't blame Takashi for shooting the guy.

Oh, no one's blaming him for that.

MFauli
Wed, 07-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Noone´s blaming Takashi for anything, he didnt do anything wrong.

Sentenal
Wed, 07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Noone´s blaming Takashi for anything, he didnt do anything wrong.
haha, okay, so you get mad at Rei for wanting to kill the guy, even though she didn't do anything. But then Takashi was the one who shot the guy, which according to your logic was completely out of line, since all he did was tough Rei's breast. I mean, he was groping Rei, and not groping Takashi, so why should Takashi have gotten involved lol?!? Not to mention, Takashi shooting the guy results in the guy getting mauled to death by zombies. So Takashi pretty much killed the guy for touching Rei's breast. But in all of this, Takashi did nothing wrong, and Rei (who did nothing) is the bitch.

MFauli
Wed, 07-28-2010, 12:43 PM
haha, okay, so you get mad at Rei for wanting to kill the guy, even though she didn't do anything. But then Takashi was the one who shot the guy, which according to your logic was completely out of line, since all he did was tough Rei's breast. I mean, he was groping Rei, and not groping Takashi, so why should Takashi have gotten involved lol?!? Not to mention, Takashi shooting the guy results in the guy getting mauled to death by zombies. So Takashi pretty much killed the guy for touching Rei's breast. But in all of this, Takashi did nothing wrong, and Rei (who did nothing) is the bitch.

Yeah.
But it is totally easy to understand imo: Takashi acted violently when Rei was in immediate danger. The guy left Takashi no other choice but to shoot. Meanwhile, Rei wanted to act violently AFTER the situation had been cleared.

Not that hard to understand, eh?

Sentenal
Wed, 07-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah.
But it is totally easy to understand imo: Takashi acted violently when Rei was in immediate danger. The guy left Takashi no other choice but to shoot. Meanwhile, Rei wanted to act violently AFTER the situation had been cleared.

Not that hard to understand, eh?
Earlier, you said that touching Rei's breast shouldn't warrant death. But, Takashi acted violently because Rei's breast was touched, resulting in death. Plus, Takashi didn't HAVE to shoot the guy, once he got the gun to point blank range, but who cares. He didn't do anything wrong. But then Rei had the nerve to glare at someone who tried to rape her. What a bitch.

hahaha I agree with what whoever said earlier in the topic, I think you are trolling

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-28-2010, 09:36 PM
hahaha I agree with what whoever said earlier in the topic, I think you are trolling

I don't think he is doing it intentionally though. He is something like a natural troll.

The1LittleMchale
Thu, 07-29-2010, 01:12 AM
I think this series is going to continually repeat the situation of him killing people over her in some manner or another.

MFauli
Thu, 07-29-2010, 01:58 AM
Earlier, you said that touching Rei's breast shouldn't warrant death. But, Takashi acted violently because Rei's breast was touched, resulting in death. Plus, Takashi didn't HAVE to shoot the guy, once he got the gun to point blank range, but who cares. He didn't do anything wrong. But then Rei had the nerve to glare at someone who tried to rape her. What a bitch.

wow, is it really that hard to get? Takashi acted when someone´s life was in danger. Rei wanted to act when everything was over. Clear difference.

Sentenal
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:29 AM
wow, is it really that hard to get? Takashi acted when someone´s life was in danger. Rei wanted to act when everything was over. Clear difference.
Yeah, you are right, there is a clear difference. Takashi actually killed someone. Rei gave someone a mean look. WHAT A BITCH.

MFauli
Thu, 07-29-2010, 04:08 AM
Yeah, you are right, there is a clear difference. Takashi actually killed someone. Rei gave someone a mean look. WHAT A BITCH.

Takashi shot a guy in the shoulder to save someone, Rei wanted to smash his head out of revenge. sigh

oyabun
Thu, 07-29-2010, 04:31 AM
Oh please, Takashi shot that guy with revenge on mind. He didn't really have to shoot him, he can just order the guy to release Rei. And how could you even know what Rei thought at that time? But then again my post would be irrelevant to your natural trolling capabilities.

Kraco
Thu, 07-29-2010, 06:08 AM
In my judgement you are wrong, Oyabun. Partially because moments before Takashi had obeyed the molester without a question - to create himself the chance to use the gun he was quite unfamiliar with - and on the other hand because the molester was quite crazed. You can't first be meek and obedient and then suddenly assume to be taken deadly seriously the next moment. If he had not shot, the molester would have again threatened to kill Rei unless Takashi throws the gun away.

You can't really expect to deal gentlemanly with somebody who is so hostile against the other few survivors under such circumstances. The molester had thrown away his humanity already and was little better than the zombies. So, he had to be dealt with just like with the zombies; with appropriate and direct force.

Keep in mind that Takashi only had one chance to save Rei, the bike, and himself.

depthcharge
Thu, 07-29-2010, 07:45 AM
I think they meant to say, Takashi could have demanded " I have a gun to your chest, give up, drop the knife and let the beauty go" /leave without ever shooting a gun close range.

Then again, if you like hostage situation, you gotta look at this.

Policewoman shoots to kill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsPaqWTLUN4)

Notice: How the policewoman shows the robber mercy by giving him a clean kill? With the level of calmness that Takashi showed, you can safely say that he shot the guy with the intention of revenge?(IMHO, he shot the hentai for insurance, to make sure they don't get entangled with the sorry ass again.)
To further analyze, Takashi was more then just calm, he is probably better then a pro, in the sense that a normal fodder police would have drawn the gun immediately, but he played possum and pretended to discard his "only" weapon(bat).

Penner
Thu, 07-29-2010, 09:35 AM
I would have killed that jackass without hesitation the moment i saw an opening because it's a god damn apocalypse with the dead rising and eating people, you seriously don't have time to fuck around with crazy people.

MFauli
Thu, 07-29-2010, 10:29 AM
I would have killed that jackass without hesitation the moment i saw an opening because it's a god damn apocalypse with the dead rising and eating people, you seriously don't have time to fuck around with crazy people.

But if you argue like that, you´d have to say (before even meeting such a freak):

"I would have fucked that hot bitch without hesitation the moment i saw an opening, because its a goddam apocalypse with the dead rising and eating people, you seriously dont have time to fuck around with crazy people, but the hot girl that´s alone with you."

see how I did that :P

Kraco
Thu, 07-29-2010, 10:40 AM
It's true he might have been able to solve the situation without shooting, but then again, what if it hadn't worked? What if the crazed molester had decided that Takashi doesn't have what it takes to shoot? Or maybe he would have guessed the gun is just a model? Lots of uncertainties to count on while being slowly surrounded by zombies, whereas shooting was a 99% effective choice. Not to mention it made sure the scumbag doesn't just go looking for easier victims - an obvious option for him.

depthcharge
Thu, 07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
But if you argue like that, you´d have to say (before even meeting such a freak):

"I would have fucked that hot bitch without hesitation the moment i saw an opening, because its a goddam apocalypse with the dead rising and eating people, you seriously dont have time to fuck around with crazy people, but the hot girl that´s alone with you."

see how I did that :P

And risk her impaling you after you rape her? Ain't that a bitch.

Sentenal
Thu, 07-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Takashi shot a guy in the shoulder to save someone, Rei wanted to smash his head out of revenge. sigh
Again, Rei did nothing but glare at the guy. Nothing. She gave him a mean look. She was mad at someone who tried to rape her.

Takashi shot the guy, and that resulted in his death.

And in all of this, Rei, who did absolutely nothing wrong at all, other than glare at someone who tried to rape her, is the bad guy. If you can't understand something this simple, I'm giving up, since its not worth it lol

MFauli
Thu, 07-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Again, Rei did nothing but glare at the guy. Nothing. She gave him a mean look. She was mad at someone who tried to rape her.

Takashi shot the guy, and that resulted in his death.

And in all of this, Rei, who did absolutely nothing wrong at all, other than glare at someone who tried to rape her, is the bad guy. If you can't understand something this simple, I'm giving up, since its not worth it lol

LOL seriously, did you even watch the episode? Rei took the baseball bat and walked towards the guy with an expression CLEARLY showing that she wants to kill him. If any further evidence was needed, Takashi also said "Don´t do it" to her, which after Rei barely could get herself to let it go.

Takashi may have caused the guy´s death, but he did so to rescue Rei´s life. Rei instead wouldn´t have done anything positive by killing the guy. It´d would have just been revenge of a "dumb bitch".

Jessper
Thu, 07-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Asserting that her intent was clear is a bit silly. Most people don't have it in them to beat a person to death, I figure. Would you really blame her if she just hit him a few times with the bat, injuring but not killing? Additionally, you talk big but if you were in a similar situation do you know how you would react? Would you just walk away? Throwing the first stone and all that.

oyabun
Thu, 07-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Unless getting almost raped is not much for MFauli, he wont even think of slapping the guy. Having grudges or ill feelings for the person who tried to rape you is only though of by a "dumb bitch" anyway.

Sentenal
Thu, 07-29-2010, 09:53 PM
LOL seriously, did you even watch the episode? Rei took the baseball bat and walked towards the guy with an expression CLEARLY showing that she wants to kill him. If any further evidence was needed, Takashi also said "Don´t do it" to her, which after Rei barely could get herself to let it go.

Takashi may have caused the guy´s death, but he did so to rescue Rei´s life. Rei instead wouldn´t have done anything positive by killing the guy. It´d would have just been revenge of a "dumb bitch".
She glared at him! She didn't do shit! Stop being so retarded, and making up actions that she might have done in an alternate universe fairy land and blaming Rei for them.

Also, apparently you didn't watch the episode, since it wasn't the bat she picked up, but her sharpened stick. IMO you should quit trolling.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 07-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Jesus christ this is a boring fucking argument.

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 07-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Jesus christ this is a boring fucking argument.

Agreed

Just watched the first 4 eps. I gotta say this is my favorite anime of the year already. It just sucks that the episodes are over as quickly as they began.

Also anyone notice that they ripped the 28 Days theme? I thought it was cool. Wasn't better than the original though.

Marik
Mon, 08-02-2010, 08:51 AM
[gg] HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD - 05 [B44B25EE].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=148275)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-02-2010, 09:30 AM
-Group leaves bus = check
-Saeko undershot = check
-Zombie action = check

Enjoyment factor? = CHECK

(Okay, I might be over-reacting a bit there since this would be the best episode yet, but we got some soft-spoken Busujima scenes, so wadda you expect?!)

I had a chuckle when they threw Saya into the same category as big-boob sensei standing around during the fight.

KrayZ33
Mon, 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM

I wonder what makes you think she wants to KILL him and not just beat the fuck out of him.

I mean if some gay asshole is threatening me with a knife implying he wants to fuck my brains out I would do the same even after I got free... I would run up to him and kick into his stomach again.. and again.. and again.

hell, whats wrong with having your revenge? if someone steals your stuff you'd want it back, and after that, you'd want to see that guy who stole ur stuff walking into jail. And surely you'd want that NOT because he might do it again and other people might suffer too, you'd want it because HE FUCKN DESERVED IT

Penner
Mon, 08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Aoweeeeeeeeee this ep was gooooood, but that "reunion" battle scene was oozing with awesome!

Fucking kickass!

Kraco
Mon, 08-02-2010, 11:28 AM
"If you don't mind, I could massage them." This guy has a winner's attitude. No wonder he's still alive.

Yeah, it was a good episode. I'm glad they left the male teacher behind already. It was annoying to watch him have his way with the noname students.

MFauli
Mon, 08-02-2010, 12:13 PM
meh, i REALLY dislike the way they fight. it´s totally over-the-top. I would have preferred a more realistic reaction to such a happening, but oh well. episode felt super short again, too.

HE FUCKN DESERVED IT

noone deserves death, much less someone who just attemptet rape.

depthcharge
Mon, 08-02-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree, attempted rape does not deserves death. Preferred punishment is, torture till your natural life span is over.

Caning and allow the wound to fester, then treat it till it recover. Repeat the caning and allow the wound to fester, then treat it again.

(Yeah, it would not be a deterrent and is barbaric./not)

darkmetal505
Mon, 08-02-2010, 01:37 PM
noone deserves death, much less someone who just attemptet rape.

It's a freakin zombie apocalypse dude, time for judgement on morals goes out the window.

fireheart
Mon, 08-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Also, apparently you didn't watch the episode, since it wasn't the bat she picked up, but her sharpened stick. IMO you should quit trolling.

Not entirely sure what they're called but pretty sure what she was holding wasn't the bat and it wasn't her sharpened stick either but a nightstick that she picked up from the police.

The only thing I can say is that we don't know that she would have beaten him to death since we don't know if she would or wouldn't if given the chance, all we know is that she didn't in the end and left pretty quick. We can speculate and guess as much as we want but we probably won't find out if she'd just hit him or kill him since those two are quite different.

Archangel
Mon, 08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Will you stop feeding the fucking troll already? Discuss the current episode ffs...

Well that was just... awesome, there's no other word. In order:

- The sniper was pretty sexy and i liked her attitude, hopefully we'll see more of her soon seeing as they're currently bunking on her apartment

- Anyone else laughed their ass off when those annoying teens got their asses hosed down?

- Hirano was pretty cool when standing up to that bitch ass professor, loved the fear in his eyes when he had the nail gun pointed to his head

- Komuro is the pimp of the dead. Long gone are the days when he was going all emo for 1 girl, now he has a harem wanting him and a teacher grabbing his crotch as he rides into the sunset

The preview looks fanservilicious, can't wait

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
The teacher has the stench of death marked on him, hopefully it is a painful one. That guy just pisses me off. Maybe it was because he stole Lelouch's exaggerated hand gestures during his speech. I don't think even Lelouch twisted so much during his grand speeches.

I have no sympathy for the other classmates who stayed behind with the guy, the girls practically looked like they were begging to join the teacher's personal harem. Good on Hirano, saving the nurse.

"You're such a man, Hirano"

God Busujima is so awesome XD. Can we add her name amongst 'whitebeard"

I also love how Hirano just 'powers up' whenever someone puts a gun in his hand rofl.

Archangel
Mon, 08-02-2010, 07:52 PM
God Busujima is so awesome XD. Can we add her name amongst 'whitebeard"

She's yet to earn that right, maybe after a couple more zombie apocalypses

Fun fact, that awesome fighting scene wasn't even on the manga. Makes you wonder why they didn't come up with something like that instead of last week's 10 minutes of recaps >_>

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-02-2010, 08:26 PM
It was probably because of those 10 minutes worth of recaps that we got this action scene. They work on a limited budget, afterall.

KrayZ33
Tue, 08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
in my opinion that "bike throw" was a bit over the top in terms of "realism" (ya I know zombies are not realistic either etc. etc. but thats not what I meant), would have been much better if he started smashing zombie heads with a baseball bat or a crowbar while driving past them

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Or picking Saeko up then she starts smashing zombie heads while riding behind Takashi. I honestly thought that would happen.

fireheart
Wed, 08-04-2010, 06:43 AM
I wonder if we'll get any variation in zombies like animals since we've only seen human zombies so far.

MFauli
Wed, 08-04-2010, 07:47 AM
there wont be animal zombies...at least...that´d be like instant-death. i mean, you just can defend yourself against all those smaller animals, can you.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-04-2010, 07:50 AM
there wont be animal zombies...at least...that´d be like instant-death. i mean, you just can defend yourself against all those smaller animals, can you.

Yeah..

The other reason is that I believe animal instincts are pretty good at protecting them from this sort of stuff.

Only dumb humans go "wtf is this suspicious man doing at my gate? Let's touch him!"

Sentenal
Wed, 08-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah..

The other reason is that I believe animal instincts are pretty good at protecting them from this sort of stuff.

Only dumb humans go "wtf is this suspicious man doing at my gate? Let's touch him!"
Who knows, you might have Vultures see a zombie, and try to eat it.

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 08-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Only dumb humans go "wtf is this suspicious man doing at my gate? Let's touch him!

Perhaps they may visit a zoo? No matter how good animal instincts are, it won't help if they are locked in a cage with zombies.

I'm also wondering, will this virus evolve the zombies as time passes like in other movies? Grant them the intelligence to communicate/use weapons (land of the dead) or perhaps mutate them into crazier, runner zombies ala resident evil? Bashing slow (abeit super strong) zombies does eventually get stale.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Just thought that I would point out this fun fact.

The VA for the sexy sniper, Takeuchi Junko, is better known for her role as Naruto.

/Ryllharu's mind blown

vejita613
Sun, 08-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Oiroke no Jutsu...

Harima Kenji
Sun, 08-08-2010, 07:13 AM
You probably already mentioned this, but:

The fat guy with the nail gun (Hirano Kouta) = Madarame Ikkaku

Komuro = Grimmjow

depthcharge
Sun, 08-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Just thought that I would point out this fun fact.

The VA for the sexy sniper, Takeuchi Junko, is better known for her role as Naruto.

/Ryllharu's mind blown

VA= voice actor.... I just got that and /mind blown

Marik
Mon, 08-09-2010, 05:13 AM
[gg] HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD - 06 [9B3D11E8].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=149903)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-09-2010, 08:00 AM
[gg] HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD - 06 [9B3D11E8].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=149903)

Whose STUPID idea was it to italicise every instance of sempai?

It annoyed the fuck out of me when gg freelance-subbed K-ON, but I thought it was [minor K-ON spoiler] to put emphasis of Azy-nyan's Yui-senpai, to highlight that Yui doesn't act much like a senior most of the time, but here it's clear that they simply thought it was a good idea. They did it with onii-chan in the preview as well.

Simply Stupid.

I'll watch them (or Horrible or something), but I'm going to archive Tomodachi's from now on (after I watch one of their solo works).

One more thing for the QC-less gg, a gun otaku would never confuse a clip (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_%28ammunition%29) with a magazine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_%28firearms%29).

Good work.

--------------------------------

So who didn't get a boner from this? You need to see a doctor

I can't find an explanation for what happened to Rei or the teacher besides being drunk (which probably wasn't the case). Shower heat doesn't do that to you.

By far my favourite bits in this episode were (surprise, surprise) all the Saeko scenes. Fanservice was good and all, but it doesn't quite match up to the interaction between her and Takashi. The whole mutual respect thing that goes on between them just shouts "perfect match", which made Rei's beckoning all the more annoying. They're the most likeminded pair in this entire group, but there's this thorn called Rei that's getting stuck between them and keeping them apart.

If you like Hisashi so much go join him. Geez.

The police guy had the right idea, and he might have gotten somewhere with his authority. Now that you've killed yourself, you're telling all your officers that it was a bad thing to do - so what, you want them to regret it and kill themselves too?

Stupid cop.

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-09-2010, 08:31 AM
I'll watch them (or Horrible or something), but I'm going to archive Tomodachi's from now on (after I watch one of their solo works).

Can you link Tomodachi's torrents? Since Commie jumped the ship I was watching the fa-GG-ots. Archie seems to love them, but I, like you, can't stand their trolling decisions.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Can you link Tomodachi's torrents? Since Commie jumped the ship I was watching the fa-GG-ots. Archie seems to love them, but I, like you, can't stand their trolling decisions.

"HD" releases: TMD - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=142370) |02 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143386) | 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=145421) | 04 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=147254) | 05 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=148744)
SD releases: TMD - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=142374) | 02 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143447) | 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=145420) | 04 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=147255) | 05 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=148743)

TMD usually releases 2 days behind all the other speedsubs.

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-09-2010, 09:16 AM
"HD" releases: TMD - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=142370) |02 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143386) | 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=145421) | 04 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=147254) | 05 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=148744)
SD releases: TMD - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=142374) | 02 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143447) | 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=145420) | 04 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=147255) | 05 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=148743)

TMD usually releases 2 days behind all the other speedsubs.

Thank you. I'll download this later at home. How are they quality wise? I've never download from them.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Thank you. I'll download this later at home. How are they quality wise? I've never download from them.

My first opportunity to watch one would be in 17hrs or so. I'll tell you when I get around to it.

Kraco
Mon, 08-09-2010, 09:58 AM
It was a hot episode for sure. I don't know why Bill thought they can't be drunk. If I have ever seen an anime depiction of a drunken person then those two would be it. No doubt they found the sniper woman's stash of booze. Stash brought into my mind how ridiculous the weapons locker was; anybody who has had a look at the real things at a hardware store will know nothing short of special equipment or explosives will open them. Well, for the plot purposes it was of course essential they could rob the lady's treasures.

But yeah, Saeko was the hottest of the lot with the naked apron approach.

I might as well have a look at Tomodachi's releases. I think I've gotten something from them before. GG isn't what it used to be ever since they prioritized trolling higher than subbing.

depthcharge
Mon, 08-09-2010, 10:06 AM
wow, gun otaku. I didnt know the difference between a clip and a magazine.

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-09-2010, 10:11 AM
A comparison between all groups. Some of the best looking ones dropped the show because of GG... blegh

http://www.ji-hi.net/hotd/index.html

mage
Mon, 08-09-2010, 02:30 PM
What's wrong with GG?

Archangel
Mon, 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM
What's wrong with GG?
They're liberal and prone to the occasional screw up

I still archive them though

Kraco
Tue, 08-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Based on that comparison page RZ posted, Tomodachi isn't exactly the most fluent and natural looking of them. I might not, after all, consider of getting them instead.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-10-2010, 03:14 AM
What's wrong with GG?

They do things that piss me off.

Thanks for the comparisons link Zell. I think the best looking one atm is aRK, though Darksouls isn't on the list.

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Yeah... Tomodachi didn't convince me at the end... none of them did actually... DarkSouls must have started late, so its not on the site.

CoalGuys was doing a good job... and Commie wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. Both jumped ship.

Anyway... I think I'll keep seeing GG for now, hoping they stop their trolling... if I find a better group I'll let you guys know.

Yukimura
Tue, 08-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I already made up my mind to stick with TMD a few weeks ago. GG's trolling and blatant Americanizations have burned their last bridge with me and I'm going with TMD mostly because I'm familiar with them from the FMA brohood days, I'll take my chances.

Penner
Tue, 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
*Nosebleed*

Archangel
Tue, 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I came teh buckets

I wonder if they'll make it even worse in the Blurays

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm bothered by the lack of realism in this anime, I mean, everyone's tits are too big. This show is in serious need of some loli.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-10-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm bothered by the lack of realism in this anime, I mean, everyone's tits are too big. This show is in serious need of some loli.

Stay tuned for the next episode. You will have your loli.

Archangel
Wed, 08-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Yay, spoilers? >_>

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-11-2010, 04:50 AM
It was in the preview.

Also,

Those posts and/or comments that would be regarded as spoilers are: ...A remark or quote that identifies/confirms a member's post as a spoiler. You may take this to our private message system and inform the user and/or a moderator that he/she is spoiling. Bringing this information forward on the thread in question will grant you the same warning as the person doing the spoiling.

I've done this before too, though, so I can't really complain.

MFauli
Wed, 08-11-2010, 07:40 AM
I have to agree that the lack of realism is kind of disappointing. Not that what we get is "that" bad, but I´d love to see a zombie-anime in the vein of Magnitude 8.0. (which wasnt about zombies, lol, but featured a believable world)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
I have to agree that the lack of realism is kind of disappointing. Not that what we get is "that" bad, but I´d love to see a zombie-anime in the vein of Magnitude 8.0. (which wasnt about zombies, lol, but featured a believable world)

What other unrealistic things are there besides bust sizes? (btw, I think Saeko has hers just right ;) )

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-11-2010, 08:47 AM
I think he means the over-the-top action.

Archangel
Wed, 08-11-2010, 08:48 AM
It was in the preview.

Thus, the question mark.

And the boobs aren't THAT farfetched except for the nurse's, considering this is anime and all

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I've been reading this manga for years... so none of the things people are complaining here really bother me. The plot is good enough, so yeah.

KrayZ33
Wed, 08-11-2010, 04:18 PM
damn, great episode...really hot stuff and the stuff after the credits was even better.
takashi sure is one kind of a lucky guy.

I'm really looking forward to see more of this anime

Marik
Mon, 08-16-2010, 02:31 AM
[gg] HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD - 07 [916B984D].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=151554)

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 08-16-2010, 04:16 AM
To me this episode was about Saeko's ass.....great episode indeed.

MFauli
Mon, 08-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Okay, this show is still kind of entertaining, but come on, it´s getting ridiculous:

- Busujima is the worst anime-character ever. She has absolutely no fear of zombies, wears that tiny piece of clothing and then acts as if there never was an emancipation, "The man has spoken". At this point, she just comes off as the author´s dream girl, not a believable character.

- Sensei freaking forgot to put on clothes WTF?! Her brainless attitude was annoying from ep1/2 on, but this is beyond ludicrous.

- "We found out that we´re still human!", Rei happily shouts. Yeah, bitch, you´re the last person of them all to claim that.

Favourite part of the episode were all Hirano-related scenes. And I hope he´ll get to fuck one or two of the girls over the course of the series, lol. Also, lol @Komuro saying "i guess things dont work out like in an anime", right after he did typical anime-action stuff.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-16-2010, 06:07 AM
Okay, this show is still kind of entertaining, but come on, it´s getting ridiculous:

It was pretty ridiculous, so much that I had to laugh out loud when the Humvee arrived featuring Saeko. But ridiculous in a very fun way.

- Busujima is the worst anime-character ever. She has absolutely no fear of zombies, wears that tiny piece of clothing and then acts as if there never was an emancipation, "The man has spoken". At this point, she just comes off as the author´s dream girl, not a believable character.

Nuh Uh. Dream girl FTW.

- Sensei freaking forgot to put on clothes WTF?! Her brainless attitude was annoying from ep1/2 on, but this is beyond ludicrous.

I think I'm pretty used to it now. It's finally hit me that she's useless and nothing's going to be done about it, so I'll have to make do with her non-existent brain and gigantic tits.

- "We found out that we´re still human!", Rei happily shouts. Yeah, bitch, you´re the last person of them all to claim that.

Yeah.. well, to me Rei's pretty human. Maybe not a role model, but definitely human. I guess learning that they haven't fallen as low as they thought they may have given this chaos can be pretty uplifting. I know I would feel that way.

Hirano scenes were indeed fun. I could only watch and smile as his shoulder took on all that recoil without a problem while every zombie in a 5m arc went flying. (Though, he did have top quality shock absorbers that grant you Hardened +1 )

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-16-2010, 08:41 AM
The gg translation was pretty horrible. What makes it so bad is that the mistakes aren't blatant enough to be obvious (so viewers assume they are correct), but greatly affect the perception of the characters' personalities.

An example is the time when Saeko was informing Komuro that they had no choice in such dire times. She was actually saying something like, "I am just stating the facts. That does not mean I want it that way." They translated this as "Whether you like it or not, I am merely stating the truth."

There is a big difference between the two, especially because it is a line that reflects Saeko's personality. The gg version makes her sound like a jerk, while she was actually saying something that should give the opposite impression (that of a strong and kind onee-san that she is).

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-16-2010, 09:01 AM
The gg translation was pretty horrible. What makes it so bad is that the mistakes aren't blatant enough to be obvious (so viewers assume they are correct), but greatly affect the perception of the characters' personalities.

An example is the time when Saeko was informing Komuro that they had no choice in such dire times. She was actually saying something like, "I am just stating the facts. That does not mean I want it that way." They translated this as "Whether you like it or not, I am merely stating the truth."

There is a big difference between the two, especially because it is a line that reflects Saeko's personality. The gg version makes her sound like a jerk, while she was actually saying something that should give the opposite impression (that of a strong and kind onee-san that she is).

Thanks for clearing that up Shinta. I was utterly confused when I watched that; it was as if Saeko suddenly changed her personality. She never spoke harshly to Takashi before.

Kraco
Mon, 08-16-2010, 09:37 AM
gg's errors notwithstanding, I loved this episode. It was just the kind of noncircumspect, honest, and also full of funny theatrics kind of action I can appreciate. The action felt like it was taken from a computer game where the player enjoys doing straight-forward shooting of everything that moves and bike driving like there's no tomorrow.

The fanservice is so over the top that it's actually starting to feel natural for this series. At least it's more refreshing than the usual guy wandering into a bathroom while a girl is there scenes. There's simply no need to find excuses for showing some skin in this series.

I'm also happing the little girl joined the crew. I hope she stick around. So far all female characters have been full of fanservice, so it's nice to get one who's not all about that. I just hope she won't end up as someone who needs saving regularly. Hard to see what a kid could be useful for, but on the other hand the cast has hardly been all utilitarian even so far. Even the nurse is completely useless for anything but having a driver's license (and an awesome friend)...

KrayZ33
Mon, 08-16-2010, 09:48 AM
"I am just stating the facts. That does not mean I want it that way." They translated this as "Whether you like it or not, I am merely stating the truth."

actually they translated it as "don't get the wrong idea, im just stating the truth"
which means: "It's not that I don't want to help them/her...." etc

I can't see the problem there

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-16-2010, 09:53 AM
actually they translated it as "don't get the wrong idea, im just stating the truth"
I don't see a problem there

---- starting from 4:21-----

Do not get the wrong idea, Komuro.

Whether you like it or not, I am merely stating the truth.

-------end transcript------

I'm with Shinta here.

Shinta's version comes off as "I don't like it either, but this is what reality is."

gg's version comes off as "That's reality. Go suck it."

KrayZ33
Mon, 08-16-2010, 10:00 AM
so you leave out the meaning of the "do not get the wrong idea" part and totally ignore it?
not to mention the kind face she made when she said that.

nah, come on, it was fine, I don't know about other parts though, for example that "MMO" speech

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-16-2010, 10:11 AM
so you leave out the meaning of the "do not get the wrong idea" part and totally ignore it?
not to mention the kind face she made when she said that.

"Don't get the wrong idea" buffered it a little bit, but it still put everything back on Komuro. It's like how people go "No offense, but "

(By not mentioning herself when Komuro indirectly asked for her opinion, she basically made it come off as "It's not [I]my fault you can't hack it little man."

As for her face, she had a slight (and kind, or even sad) smile when you look at it one way, but when you take her words into account, it could almost be a smirk as well.

(I'm exaggerating stuff a little bit here, but I think it's generally true)

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-16-2010, 10:52 AM
The translation was wrong, and could be easily misunderstood.

The "Don't get the wrong idea" part is translated directly, so it should of course be there and imply the correct meaning. The "whether you like it or not" part was not in the original Japanese text at all, and implies the opposite meaning. They mistranslated "Sore wo kononde nado inai." (Direct TL: I do not want/like that at all) probably because the subject was omitted.

About her face, it is only natural that she would make an expression that supports what she actually meant, but that does not make the translation correct. If anything, it makes it weird because what she said (in the subs) does not match her expression.

Also, there were other errors or bad word choices. That is just one example.

Sapphire
Mon, 08-16-2010, 11:51 AM
It's just a little weird for people who know Japanese, because they say one thing, but the nuances of the implication of the translation are sort of "bent" rather than "extended". So hearing it and reading it is a little jarring. I don't know if I could call it westernized or more modern, it just feels like it's the translator's voice rather than the authors. This is what I would call a "liberal" translation. By definition I think a literal translation would still use slang, but they would stay true to the nuances of the character and the slang/implications they used.

I preferred Coalguys.

Your post made me laugh MFauli. I totally agree that Busujima is probably the authors ideal woman LOL

I was a little bit :o at the fanservice but I resolved that the author was just a genius at ero and action and left it at that. The little girl is like loli on crack, so of course I immediately hate her. Part of what helps me like or at least accept every character are their percievable flaws: it helps me see them as more than one dimensional. Loli Girl is like a cardboard cut out of every helpless then cute/mildly-helpful-mostly-hindering mega loli in existence. I hope I am wrong.

I was a little shocked that the dad got stabbed in the heart. Sad. :( My suspension of disbelief has now failed with the teacher, but oddly enough came back with the motercycle fighting. I was a little disturbed at Glasses blushing at a little girl landing on his crotch. (or maybe the fact that it was written)

I want more purple haired chick!

Kraco
Mon, 08-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I took that "The man has spoken" more like a joke or otherwise a comment simply meant to convey that the course of action has been decided. She might also be from some dojo family prone to old-fashioned speech, who knows. But one such comment hardly means she has never heard of emancipation. It might even have been a sort of jab at Komuro, suggesting that he thinks he's the leader simply because he's a man.

MFauli
Mon, 08-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Well, I cant remember what exactly, but Busujima made a comment like that ago, so I dont think she meant it as a joke. Oh well, we´ll find out, I guess...

Penner
Mon, 08-16-2010, 02:49 PM
This is pure entertainment!

Archangel
Mon, 08-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Ok, first of all lol at this scene

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2428/gghighschoolofthedead07.jpg

That's one horny bitch

Second, fuck all Saeko haters

Third, am i the only one thinking that taking a barking dog along for the ride is unbelievably retarded? Sound = bad

And fourth, where can i download the OST?

Penner
Mon, 08-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Why didn't the zombies attack that dog when it was just standing in the street barking at them, they seemed to simply walk right past it..

But when the little girl started crying they immediately went for her..

Archangel
Mon, 08-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Maybe dogs don't taste good?

KrayZ33
Mon, 08-16-2010, 05:38 PM
the most annoying thing about the dog is that its a fucking ugly and small one!

would love to see a german shepard dog biting some zombie-necks

*remembers "I am Legend"*

Archangel
Mon, 08-16-2010, 05:40 PM

Yeah, because things turned out so well for him didn't they?

KrayZ33
Mon, 08-16-2010, 05:43 PM
so... what? i don't get the context.
he died the most heroic way possible for a dog btw ^^

Archangel
Mon, 08-16-2010, 05:46 PM
He tried to bite his master's head off and got a bullet to the head >_>

Yeah, a regular Lassie

KrayZ33
Mon, 08-16-2010, 05:55 PM
nah, she was already dead when she got bitten in my eyes, protecting his master,
and if I'm not mistaken her master suffocated her, which was even more dramatic ^^

MFauli
Mon, 08-16-2010, 06:00 PM
the most annoying thing about the dog is that its a fucking ugly and small one!

if it was a german shepard, im pretty sure that´d lead to some really nasty beastiality-scenes, considering the last two episodes :/

So, cute, small dog ftw

Archangel
Mon, 08-16-2010, 06:06 PM
nah, she was already dead when she got bitten in my eyes, protecting his master,
and if I'm not mistaken her master suffocated her, which was even more dramatic ^^
AKA fucked up

if it was a german shepard, im pretty sure that´d lead to some really nasty beastiality-scenes, considering the last two episodes :/

So, cute, small dog ftw
Kind of like MFauli right here

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-16-2010, 11:44 PM
The sole female I can't stand on this series is Saeko. Yes, I even like the brainless nurse.

So anyway... still looking for a decent fansub to substitute GG. Anyone found one? TMD didn't quite convince me last time.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-17-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm surprised at all the Saeko hate. She was extremely popular (#1) even in the manga. What's so bad about her that anyone would choose the nurse over her?

Kraco
Tue, 08-17-2010, 01:19 AM
I don't, at least yet, believe Saeko is nothing but the author's chauvinistic image of a dream girl, so I have no reason whatsoever to hate her. In fact I still like her the best of the females. I suppose the fact she has shown only strength, calmness and logic so far could put off some of the audience as it could indicate lack of personality and character.

Like Sapphi said, flaws often define characters and thus if a character shows no flaws, they will look robotic and suffer from no development. Unless it's a shoujo show, where the male love interest may be perfect at everything, har har.

Anyway, if the new girl turns out not useless and will provide funny scenes, she might become my favorite. As long as she stays away from ecchi (unless it's for hilarious purposes like with Kusano from Sekirei).

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-17-2010, 03:27 AM
Like Sapphi said, flaws often define characters and thus if a character shows no flaws, they will look robotic and suffer from no development. Unless it's a shoujo show, where the male love interest may be perfect at everything, har har.

You could consider the fact that Saeko would bow down at a man a flaw.

I of course, don't consider that so.

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-17-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm surprised at all the Saeko hate. She was extremely popular (#1) even in the manga. What's so bad about her that anyone would choose the nurse over her?

For the record, I don't hate Saeko. I just dislike her attitude. And when I began reading this manga, years ago before the long hiatus, I always had a preference for both Rei and Saya (Takagi). Also the little girl (whose name wasn't revealed yet) is just too cute...

Meh. At least I don't believe that if a character is popular among most of the fanbase it should mean I have to like her.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Meh. At least I don't believe that if a character is popular among most of the fanbase it should mean I have to like her.

Spoken like a true Kallen fan.

Archangel
Tue, 08-17-2010, 09:25 AM

True, you were even a Mikoto fan before you knew what light novel/manga/anime she was from.

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-17-2010, 09:38 AM

True, you were even a Mikoto fan before you knew what light novel/manga/anime she was from.

LOL. You guys should already be aware that sometimes Im weird regarding character preferences. But yes, its true I've liked Mikoto way before even knowing what the Index series was about.

MFauli
Tue, 08-17-2010, 10:09 AM

Whats wrong with liking the hottest Code Geass-character?

Yukimura
Tue, 08-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I would find it interesting to see how Saeko being willing to bow down to a man could be considered a flaw by anyone other than a female supremacist. My take is that she just doesn't see herself as 'leader' material for some reason. I do think she has an idea of what a 'leader' ought to be though and she sees some of that in Kuromo and tends to encourage him to embrace it in her own way. Whatever it is that Saeko is reacting to I certainly don't think it's as simple as him having a penis.

She makes me think of a soldier looking for a worthy commander to follow. She has her own head and her own ideas but lacks (or suppresses) the internal spark needed to take the reins and blaze her own trail pulling everyone along with her. Instead she defers to Kuromo and only offers council and analysis, leaving the final decisions up to him. Considering she could kick his ass or browbeat him into obedience with her seniority and maturity I think it takes a lot of self-discipline for her to behave the way she does towards him.

Archangel
Tue, 08-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Whats wrong with liking the hottest Code Geass-character?
Who said there was anything wrong with it? >_>

Stop looking for conflict, it already seems to find you without much effort on your part

I would find it interesting to see how Saeko being willing to bow down to a man could be considered a flaw by anyone other than a female supremacist. My take is that she just doesn't see herself as 'leader' material for some reason. I do think she has an idea of what a 'leader' ought to be though and she sees some of that in Kuromo and tends to encourage him to embrace it in her own way. Whatever it is that Saeko is reacting to I certainly don't think it's as simple as him having a penis.

She makes me think of a soldier looking for a worthy commander to follow. She has her own head and her own ideas but lacks (or suppresses) the internal spark needed to take the reins and blaze her own trail pulling everyone along with her. Instead she defers to Kuromo and only offers council and analysis, leaving the final decisions up to him. Considering she could kick his ass or browbeat him into obedience with her seniority and maturity I think it takes a lot of self-discipline for her to behave the way she does towards him.

Having someone else to lead also assures you take no responsibility for the consequences

Yukimura
Tue, 08-17-2010, 01:36 PM
As long as you follow orders and don't impede their implementation by others.

On a completely unrelated note, what the hell Saeko. Standing on top of a rapidly moving and blatantly jerking Humvee just seems retarded despite how awesome it looked. I know it's silly amidst all the other liberties this show takes with realism but that one ripped through my suspension of disbelief so jaggedly I couldn't help but address it.

Also, despite the apparent miracle that he understands Japanese and human gestures like nodding the dog needs to go. Ideally it could be used as a decoy to get a heroic sacrifice credit but one way or another it needs to be left on the side of the road.

Marik
Wed, 08-18-2010, 08:20 AM
[Shin-S] HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD OP Single - HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD [Kishida Kyoudan & THE Akeboshi Rockets].zip (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=152204)

Finally.

[Nipponsei] Highschool of the Dead OP Single - HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD [Kishida Kyoudan & The Myoujou Rocket].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Highschool%20of%20the%20Dead%20O P%20Single%20-%20HIGHSCHOOL%20OF%20THE%20DEAD%20%5BKishida%20Kyo udan%20%26%20The%20Myoujou%20Rocket%5D.zip.torrent )

Archangel
Wed, 08-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Any EDs out yet?

Marik
Wed, 08-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Not that I know of.

Edit: September 22nd.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-18-2010, 08:39 AM
[Shin-S] HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD OP Single - HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD [Kishida Kyoudan & THE Akeboshi Rockets].zip (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=152204)

Finally.

God, do I hate that cover.png.

I'm going to crop a nice Saeko or group pic to use later. I just can't watch that.

edit: after listening to both tracks, I like the TV-cut better.

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-19-2010, 08:01 PM
So anyway... still looking for a decent fansub to substitute GG. Anyone found one? TMD didn't quite convince me last time.I stick with TMD. They're worlds above gg, especially considering this thread convo that shinta brought up. In their version, Saeko says, "Don't get me wrong, Komuro-kun. I'm just saying that's how reality is." Which more or less gets the tone shinta pointed out that she should have, pointedly avoiding the mention of "truth," which would be implying an absolute. I'm not certain what you haven't liked about them previously, I haven't seen anything nearly as blatantly wrong as I saw in gg's or a few others. It only took me one episode to know I'd never bother with gg's again, they had a tremendous amount of errors and very liberal translations. TMD is slow, but worth the wait.

Concerning the actual content of the episode, this episode really was mostly fanservice. Saeko riding on the roof was ridiculous, especially given that that they were likely going to be hitting zombies with the Humvee. Good way to get hit by a body part, grabbed by a rolling zombie, or otherwise dislodged when they run over a big pile. Equally stupid was Komuro riding in on the bike in the first place. He absolutely should have snuck in like a ninja. It would have been easy with both the girl and dog making so much noise. Then again, I suppose time was of the essence, given that he barely made it as in on the bike.

Komuro and his harem aside, I appreciated what they touched on in this episode with the girl, her father, and the other family. It was implied that her mother is already quite dead or possibly still zombified, but we don't know for sure. The only thing we do know is she got to not only witness people getting eaten, she also saw her father stabbed right in front of her. Her father was more than willing to sacrifice himself for his daughter's safety, and was shown only how selfish people can truly become. Sure they had a large group, but that was no reason to just stab the poor guy. Was it practical? I suppose, he was making a lot of noise that would attract them. Was actually stabbing his necessary. No. They could have just pointed it at him and told him to get the hell out.

It set the stage for a good contrast between Komuro's harem and the other group in that other house. They think only of themselves, where Komuro's group think about how much they can accomplish without too much harm to their own chances. The benefits of that kind of behavior haven't backfired on them yet. The other family is likely doomed. Their gate is open, they're too cowardly to defend it, and will likely be overwhelmed in a matter of hours or at most a day or two. Their lack of trust towards outsiders will only mirror on the inside of the home sooner or later.

I suppose the last point I should make concerning the episode is...tits.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Concerning the actual content of the episode, this episode really was mostly fanservice. Saeko riding on the roof was ridiculous, especially given that that they were likely going to be hitting zombies with the Humvee. Good way to get hit by a body part, grabbed by a rolling zombie, or otherwise dislodged when they run over a big pile. Equally stupid was Komuro riding in on the bike in the first place. He absolutely should have snuck in like a ninja. It would have been easy with both the girl and dog making so much noise. Then again, I suppose time was of the essence, given that he barely made it as in on the bike.

Komuro and his harem aside, I appreciated what they touched on in this episode with the girl, her father, and the other family. It was implied that her mother is already quite dead or possibly still zombified, but we don't know for sure. The only thing we do know is she got to not only witness people getting eaten, she also saw her father stabbed right in front of her. Her father was more than willing to sacrifice himself for his daughter's safety, and was shown only how selfish people can truly become. Sure they had a large group, but that was no reason to just stab the poor guy. Was it practical? I suppose, he was making a lot of noise that would attract them. Was actually stabbing his necessary. No. They could have just pointed it at him and told him to get the hell out.

The dad was pretty psycho though. He was going to smash the door down or some shit. Basically he tried forcing their hand, and that's what they came up with.

MFauli
Fri, 08-20-2010, 04:24 AM
How was the "psycho"? He did anything to protect his daughter. Normal behavior, I´d say.

fireheart
Fri, 08-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm guessing he meant psycho as in that the other people found him to be dangerous and might get them all killed after all if he did break the door it would mean the zombies would be able to get in and we all know what would happen after that. Though personally I wouldn't call that psycho but desperate either way it makes him come of as a dangerous person in their eyes since he more or less threatened them.

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-20-2010, 12:06 PM
I stick with TMD. They're worlds above gg, especially considering this thread convo that shinta brought up. In their version, Saeko says, "Don't get me wrong, Komuro-kun. I'm just saying that's how reality is." Which more or less gets the tone shinta pointed out that she should have, pointedly avoiding the mention of "truth," which would be implying an absolute. I'm not certain what you haven't liked about them previously, I haven't seen anything nearly as blatantly wrong as I saw in gg's or a few others. It only took me one episode to know I'd never bother with gg's again, they had a tremendous amount of errors and very liberal translations. TMD is slow, but worth the wait.

The subs comparison I posted a few posts ago didn't quite convince me, but I guess I really need to give them the benefit of the doubt. So I'll get the next episode, skipping GG, from them. If I like them I'll redownload all the episodes from them.

Kraco
Fri, 08-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Post here your impressions, RZ. The comparison shot indeed made them look like the most ungainly of them all, in their choice of expressions and words.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Meh, after 7 episodes i think i`m done with this series, it has more fan service than zombie attacks, the premise is great, but the blatantly shameless fan service per second (fsps from now on), the absolutelly unlikeable characters (except for the main guy) and the all around over the top action scenes killed it for me.

I just wanted a zombie anime. :(

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-20-2010, 03:26 PM
The dad was pretty psycho though. He was going to smash the door down or some shit. Basically he tried forcing their hand, and that's what they came up with.
How was the "psycho"? He did anything to protect his daughter. Normal behavior, I´d say.MFauli pretty much answered this one for me. Her father was just being a good father in a desperate situation. He was panicked about the probable loss of his wife (potentially at his own hand) and was concerned about his daughter's safety. If he wasn't freaking out like that, I'd say he was, "psycho."

He was a normal salary guy. He's not a proficient kendo practitioner, in a sojutsu (spear) club, a gun fanatic, a self-proclaimed genius, an extremely lucky airhead or the main character. He's just a normal guy, same as the people who stabbed him with an improvised spear.

He absolutely wasn't thinking clearly enough to not attract more zombies, he was terrified for his daughter's well being in a horrible situation beyond most imagination.

Penner
Fri, 08-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Zombies, blood, over the top action scenes, tons of hot chicks in little to no clothing.. how can you not like it?

Admit it, you just can't handle the awesome! :D

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Zombies

Good

Blood

Not as gory as you would think from a zombie series tbh.

Over the top action scenes

That doesn`t fits the series *at all*, if i want over the top i would watch Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, etc.

Tons of hot chicks in little to no clothing.

I`m gay.

How can you not like it?

It`s easy trust me, i really really tried to like the series, but the reasons mentioned in my previous post absolutelly ruined it for me.

Let`s put it this way, you go to the movie theater to watch a movie called "Action movie part 14: Blood, testosterone, bullets and explosions, the revenge!", but it turns out to be a comedy, you would be dissapointed yes?

Kraco
Fri, 08-20-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't know. A completely serious zombie story doesn't necessarily sound so good, not after you've seen the old classics already. The over the top action scenes suit this series because it definitely doesn't take itself too seriously - unlike those examples you mentioned.

Not liking the fanservice is an exceptations failure, clearly, because the trailers already left no ambiguity regarding that. I already said in an earlier post why I don't mind that so I won't needless repeat myself here.

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Difference in taste i guess then, as a matter of fact, a completelly serious zombie series sounds so awsome right now. May i ask what are these classics you mention? i`ve never seen a zombie anime.

Kraco
Fri, 08-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry. I meant the old classic zombie movies, not animes.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-20-2010, 09:05 PM
How was the "psycho"? He did anything to protect his daughter. Normal behavior, I´d say.

Fine then. "Psycho" wasn't the best word for what I'm describing, if at all. More like "not thinking straight". Understandably, "not thinking straight" would be considered "normal" behaviour considering those circumstances, but what's "normal" really isn't the point.

Her father was more than willing to sacrifice himself for his daughter's safety, and was shown only how selfish people can truly become.

That applies to both the father and the group who stabbed him. He was selfish for his daughter, but selfish nonetheless. (paradox, but think about it)

Sure they had a large group, but that was no reason to just stab the poor guy. Was it practical? I suppose, he was making a lot of noise that would attract them. Was actually stabbing his necessary. No. They could have just pointed it at him and told him to get the hell out.

He was going to smash the door down. He said he didn't care for his life. The group really couldn't expect that "just pointing it at him and telling him to get the hell out" would have worked, unless they aimed at his daughter instead. (obviously, these guys were pretty "psycho" at the moment too, and didn't think of this, having stabbed the "immediate" threat instead.)

Shadow Skill
Sat, 08-21-2010, 01:07 AM
You're gay? That's the reason you don't like this series. Women women and women, albeit animated. :D

If you stare long enough, you might fall in love, give it a try :D

Harima Kenji
Sun, 08-22-2010, 09:32 AM
I like the series so far, but the fanservice kind of hurts is in my eyes. This series to me should be more 'kicking the shit out of zombies' for me.. the last 2 episodes just go away from that. This series doesn't need this much fanservice to be awesome.
What annoys me the most out of the fanservice is that if one of the women as much as blinks their boobs bounce all over the place..

And before you ask, I'm hetero. I just don't get turned on at all nu animated girls.

Archangel
Sun, 08-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Maybe my soul has been ruined by all the years of anime but i don't even notice the fanservice anymore

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Maybe my soul has been ruined by all the years of anime but i don't even notice the fanservice anymore

The fanservice in this show was pretty jarring at first, but the impact is gone after a single episode since you'll be expecting them thereon after.

Archangel
Sun, 08-22-2010, 10:11 AM
As a precaution you could always just watch an episode of Ladies vs Butlers or Seikon no Qwaser before watching HSOD so the fanservice looks pale in comparison

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 08-22-2010, 10:31 AM

I can't see that as a possibility, I remember the last episode had me laughing when the fanservice was so blatant that they hit a speed bump in the Humvee and a separate camera shot was needed for every girl's tits bouncing as a result.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-23-2010, 06:23 AM

Say that again after this:

gg - Episode 08 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=153393)

Archangel
Mon, 08-23-2010, 06:24 AM
I accepts your challenge!

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-23-2010, 06:34 AM
So.... someone tell me why they didn't crawl UNDER the wire?

Or between? Or over? Or any other way one can navigate their way through a few pieces of string? What's interesting is that those wires don't look improvised at all. The wall they attach to would even suggest they're built for that purpose. (but I see no reason why that should be the case).

Boobs needs to learn how to drive. Seriously.

And someone will have to tell me how a jeep can cross water like that. The water can't be less than 2m deep.

Loli-girl annoyed me plenty as well. The others are trying to make some noisy distraction, but cry your head off why don't you? (The fact that she's a girl and had her dad die makes this behaviour understandable, but no less annoying).

Looks like Komuro will get to spend some quality one-on-one with Saeko. HELL YEAH!!

Kraco
Mon, 08-23-2010, 09:47 AM
There was something seriously wrong with the whole fight. I like the over the top fighting of the previous eps, but this one had major issues. Those that Bill already mentioned (although I guess those wires were barbed even if the studio had decided to draw few of the barbs) plus the general pacing. It felt like it took forever for being such a simple confrontation, and it wasn't just for artistic purposes.

I take back what I said earlier about boobie-nurse. I thought she was good for driving but apparently she manages to fail even at that, despite the streets being empty of all other traffic. Some trudging zombies she didn't even need to avoid considering the car they were using hardly should have mattered. She plainly sucks and that's it.

Oh, well, maybe the next episode will be better with plenty of Saeko service...

Lucifus
Mon, 08-23-2010, 10:10 AM
The fanservice pissed me off the most in this episode; it just killed every bit of suspense/entertainment that had built up.

Was the pantyshot necessary with the bullet, and the bullet passing through tits!??!? What the FUCK?! Was he trying to kill Saeko? >.<

Rofl....series needs to decide wheter its a comedy or something with more substance. -_-

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 08-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Man her boobs must have been moving at such a high speed for the bullet to pass through them. She's not longer human!

MFauli
Mon, 08-23-2010, 10:47 AM
okay, before reading anyone else´s comments:

lolwtf!!!??!

This show has now officially been ruined by fan-service. I can no longer watch this as a zombie-anime. Now, it´s just some tits-anime. THE BULLET FLEW THROUGH BETWEEN HER JIGGLING TITS!!!

Aside from the fan-service, did Komuro try to kill Saeko when he aimed those bullets or what XD

And the whole battle-scene didnt feel right. In previous episodes, they overcame hundreds of zombies. And now they´re like the biggest dumbasses ever. Komuro says "at least we can die together", instead of getting another gun or a bat or doing whatever. Rei cannot stand up anymore for some reason. Takagi decides to leave the jeep, when she could have just shot through an open window or gone up to where Hirano was. And Saeko says "yes I know", when someone says there´s too many of them...well, Saeko never had a problem with that many zombies before.
That becomes even more ridiculous, when suddenly they start running through all of the zombies to get to the other side. Now that´s possible? wtf.And dont even get me started on sensei´s driving. Had she just stopped in a normal way, they could have turned and taken a different path....sigh...

And where´s Hirano super-fantasy-shotgun? He could have killed most of the zombies by himself...

sigh sigh sigh