View Full Version : Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-02-2010, 01:42 AM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3594/47165.jpg

Alternative title:
Mr. Wolf and the Seven Friends
Ōkami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi

Genres: Comedy, Romance

Plot Summary: A love comedy parodying fairy tales such as "Little Red Riding Hood," "The Ant and the Grasshopper," etc. Ookami Ryoko (Ookami-san) is a spunky high school girl. She is a member of a "fixer" club so called Otogi High School Bank. She fixes the school's problems with her partner Akai Ringo (Akazukin-chan.) -ANN

Links: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11221), Official (http://www.otogi-bank.com/)

Mazui - Episode 01 (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_01_85C5D887.mkv.torrent)

Archangel
Fri, 07-02-2010, 01:49 AM
I spy with my little eye something beginning with Taiga

Kraco
Fri, 07-02-2010, 02:30 AM
This was a series I was initially interested in but I'm dropping it after this first episode. The main character was beyond annoying. Just like that shot by Bill showed, he's afraid of any human contact to the point of being retarded - and inconsistent of course. I thought he was going to be a cool guy in the very beginning when the rock was thrown but he turned out to be a grand fool. What a disappointment.

The second complaint was Kuroko narrating every single thing happened. A bloody leaf couldn't fall from a tree without being narrated. What the heck was that all about? She must be the highest paid voice actor of the series without even having a character to play...

Archangel
Fri, 07-02-2010, 04:29 AM
I'm surprised Bill didn't mention Kuroko was narrating

I sort of like this, it's so damn retarded and so shamelessly ripping off from ToraDora that it's kind of refreshing. Same deal with the guy, he's so much of a loser that it's somewhat interesting to watch.

depthcharge
Fri, 07-02-2010, 04:44 AM
I dled this because I saw thousands of dloads when I browsed in nyaatorrent.

I'll take my time to watch it.

KrayZ33
Fri, 07-02-2010, 05:20 AM
I spy with my little eye something beginning with Taiga

tits?
where

anime sounds good though, I think I'll watch this to see what its like

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 07-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Think he meant Taiga.

Watched the first episode and have to say that it didn't really grab my attention. But I think I'll watch it just for the sake of watching a new anime this season.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-02-2010, 08:28 AM
KrayZ33 and NeoCybercoin: You guys fail <__<. It was another kind of T... I can 'signature' this.

Anyway... episode 1 wasn't anything special and the 4th wall breaking wasn't fun as I expected. It even became annoying.

I'll give this series a chance and watch another episode first. But Im not pleased with episode 1... specially after waiting for this series... the conclusion with the 'Cinderella' was lame as hell.

Yukimura
Fri, 07-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I liked the idea of the show but I was not a fan of the heavy narration, especially the narration that took place over top of people talking. I've got no problem with a DVD commentary style gimmick but I'd prefer the commentary be optional.

I'll keep watching for at least a few more eps though, I read somewhere that each episode will somehow adapt the story of some fairy tale and I'm curious to see what they'll do with other well known stories.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm surprised Bill didn't mention Kuroko was narrating

I forgot about that, though it was the reason to pick this up when I watched the trailers some time ago.

I think I might give another ep a go. The guy was funny to begin with, but it got patheric rather quickly.

There's almost zero attachment to any character in this show however, so dropping this would be real easy.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Mazui - Episode 02 (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_02_568FF795.mkv.torrent)

Yukimura
Fri, 07-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Though the overlapping narration is still very annoying I found this ep much more emotionally stimulating than the first. On the positive side was Ryoshi talking a level in badass and Ookami's taser cat gauntlets which were just too cute to hate on. I also liked the quirky support girls showing their skills in their respective fields and mostly staying out of the way of the front like characters.

On the negative side for me was Ookami's tsuntsun personality rearing its ugly head. Not only did she not bother to thank, or even openly acknowledge Ryoushi for leading the charge to save her precious virginity but she went and cast level drain on him with her vicious attacks. I suppose I could have more sympathy for her as she was nearly a rape victim but reacting with anger at one's rescuer is a major buzzkill for my compassion. I suspect I'll have very little sympathy for her as long as she continues to wear that 'wolf's cloak' of false pride to protect herself from the fact that she's just as human as everyone else.

On an unrelated note I found the comment about 'even women can fight with them' with respect to the taser gauntlets impressively sexist even for anime. I have no problem with combat aids but I weep for all the truly strong female characters of anime seasons past who were capable of holding their own in fights through dedication and training to hone their skills to the edge without requiring combat aids to be effective.

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
On an unrelated note I found the comment about 'even women can fight with them' with respect to the taser gauntlets impressively sexist even for anime. I have no problem with combat aids but I weep for all the truly strong female characters of anime seasons past who were capable of holding their own in fights through dedication and training to hone their skills to the edge without requiring combat aids to be effective.

http://i.imgur.com/OOgBt.jpg

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Thunder punch is a bit inconsistent. Sometimes it works through clothing, other times it doesn't.

Otherwise, pretty alright episode. Too bad we won't be seeing anything more lethal. (What's Ringo's role anyway... carry Ookami's kitten-gloves in her basket? - all she ever gets is "Stand back!")

Archangel
Sat, 07-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Thunder punch is a bit inconsistent. Sometimes it works through clothing, other times it doesn't.

Otherwise, pretty alright episode. Too bad we won't be seeing anything more lethal. (What's Ringo's role anyway... carry Ookami's kitten-gloves in her basket? - all she ever gets is "Stand back!")
Red Riding Hood's role is simply to carry the food to her grandma, she's to be protected by the hunter from the wolf

Though the wolf here is a nice one so... shit be confusing

Kraco
Sat, 07-10-2010, 06:43 AM
She seems to be a whole lot more perceptive than Ookami. Maybe that's her role. It's not like the Bank was any army special forces anyway so even if she was nothing but Ookami's friend who tagged along, it would be plausible.

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-11-2010, 06:16 PM
After watching two episodes, I rather enjoy this series. For some reason, it really reminds me of Into the Woods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Woods). It takes a spin on both the various Eastern and Western fairy tales, as well as the format itself.

The Big Bad Wolf is strong, but is mostly blowing a lot of hot air (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Little_Pigs) while befriending on of her typically prey. She's an amalgam of a lot of the wolf tales, but strangely enough most of her gear is cat related (the gloves and the clasp on her tie). The "wolf's clothing" is a fun variation of the wolf in sheep's clothing. It was especially fitting in the second episode, with her reputation/appearance getting her in trouble, just like in the original fable, only as a wolf rather than a sheep. Her rough cut clothing is nice too.

Morino and the Hunter role is nicely done too. He's invincible as long as no one knows he's there, more like a real hunter. He can't do too much if his targets know where he is (by looking at him). The line about only he can be the one to capture Ookami ('s heart) was cute too.

While we don't know too much about most of the others, the Urashima and Otohime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urashima_Tarō) part was pretty funny. Having Urashima's life still being controlled by Otohime after he's returned to land (only 1 year later) is pretty amusing, especially given how...rough she treats him.

As for the Narrator, I'm not that annoyed by it because she is a particularly shitty narrator. Rather than explaining things, most of the time she ends up as a Commentator, in addition to talking over the dialogue rather than in between it. The characters get angry at her, she gets distracted by things in the scenes (the box exploding "into" the screen), and she never really gives any detail that the audience wouldn't be able to figure out on their own. All in all, I've been enjoying her being such a bad narrator due to how unconventional it comes off.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Mazui - Episode 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=143970)

----------------------------------

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3475/ookamisantoshichininnon.jpg

Maddest. Shit. Ever.

That was a really sweet episode. :o

Archangel
Mon, 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
I'd like to recommend coalgirls to anyone who's annoyed by the narrator

http://coalgirls.nyaatorrents.org/?p=911

They use a better raw and restyled subs, but more importantly have the text for the narrator presented above and the one for the characters below

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-20-2010, 03:08 AM
I'd like to recommend coalgirls to anyone who's annoyed by the narrator

http://coalgirls.nyaatorrents.org/?p=911

They use a better raw and restyled subs, but more importantly have the text for the narrator presented above and the one for the characters below

Are they fast?

Archangel
Tue, 07-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Are they fast?
No, they use Mazui's subs and Tokyo's raw that comes out later

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Mazui - Episode 04 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=145591)

------------------------------------

-Ryoushi's rock must have carried a crazy (read: unrealistic) amount of momentum to pull that off.

-The way things turned out, you have to wonder if it's what Ringo had in mind the entire time. She did hint that Ryoushi will get to see Ryouko as a maid after all.

-And her purpose in this story (since I asked last time)? Manipulating Ryouko.

-Lizst may have trolled us last time by cross-dressing as the Mysterious Beauty, but I'm willing to bet that the true Mysterious Beauty is Majo. She's almost completely unrecognisable, and I seriously wonder how the Lizst would have gotten past last year's bathing suit round anyway.

-I really like the OP. You simply can't feel depressed listening to it.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-22-2010, 05:24 PM
If you weren't familiar with what fable this episode takes after (I was not), it is Tsuru no Ongaeshi (http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/folk/tsuru/tsuru01.html).

The similarities are pretty obvious once you know which one it is. Much more so than previous episodes like the twisted Tortoise and Hare race to the bottom, the S&M Cinderella (episode 1), and whatever episode 2 was supposed to be.

I also love the OP, it is so upbeat. The more series May'n gets to sing for, the better.

Kraco
Mon, 07-26-2010, 03:04 AM
After starting to get used to Kuroko's narration I can even begin to enjoy the really nice atmosphere where everybody is more or less pushing Ryoushi and Ryouko together, much to Ryouko's (superficial) dismay, of course.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-26-2010, 03:33 AM
Kuroko's Narration is awesome.

"Mukashi mukashi....."

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-29-2010, 03:43 AM
[Nipponsei] Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi OP Single - Ready Go! [May'n].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Ookami-san%20to%20Shichinin%20no%20Nakama-tachi%20OP%20Single%20-%20Ready%20Go!%20%5BMay%27n%5D.zip.torrent)

Marik
Thu, 07-29-2010, 05:39 AM
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 05 [33ACB0A5].mkv (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_05_33ACB0A5.mkv.torrent)

Archangel
Thu, 07-29-2010, 05:47 AM
When otohime-san extracts his essences, Urashima-san becomes a true gentelman!

Lolwut? .

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-29-2010, 09:25 AM
When otohime-san extracts his essences, Urashima-san becomes a true gentelman!

Happens to all males.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-29-2010, 09:31 AM
That is indeed what Kuroko said.

Kraco
Thu, 07-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Ryoushi isn't yet quite far enough for Ryouko to extract his essences, but based on this episode, he's slowly getting there.

The other school was a strange place.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-29-2010, 10:47 AM
I think he is already neck deep but just doesn't know it yet.

Ryllharu
Thu, 07-29-2010, 05:12 PM
I find it somewhat refreshing that Ryouko and Ryoushi already both have a mutual crush (less so in her case) on each other, and that everyone knows it and tries to push them closer together. Often for their own amusement.

His lines are pretty manly too, usually those are the sort of things that are said near the climax episodes.

The way they abused the Momotarou story was well done. Especially with the millet dumplings. That was a rather clever way to make Momotarou into a Momohime.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-29-2010, 09:10 PM
I really like how early the wolf has shown honesty. I was worried Ryoushi was going to get abused until the last parts of this series. It's great that his efforts are bearing fruit so early.

I also like how they keep hiding his eyes/eye even if he doesn't have an eye power. Makes him look different.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-30-2010, 02:48 AM
The other school's president resembles a wolf the most. Ryouko pales in comparison.

I also like how they keep hiding his eyes/eye even if he doesn't have an eye power. Makes him look different.

I brings out the effect that he doesn't look us in the eye (because we can't see his).

Archangel
Fri, 07-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Next episode spoiler:

- Ryoushi reveals his sharingan :O

Marik
Thu, 08-05-2010, 01:57 AM
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 06 [4A1AB63B].mkv (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_06_4A1AB63B.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Hahahaha, they always loop the best scenes in that little ending part. :D

I thought Ryoushi was going to ask Ryouko to train him up or something, but hey, that works too.

I enjoyed the yet another twist on fairy tales; this time being Little Red Riding Hood discovering a girl in wolf's clothing (as opposed to a wolf in grandmother's clothing). While not relating to any fairy tales I know of, Ryoushi was pretty much playing the hunter part 100% by observing his surroundings, stalking his prey and finding out its weakness (only for him to fall in love with it).

The biggest appeal spike was Ringo though. She's pretty cute all round, and I can completely come to terms with her "smiling to hide what I'm really thinking" mentality. It's the best way of apparently acknowledging someone or something without actually doing so.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 08-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Everyone does what Ringo accuses herself of most of the time. At least she knows it.

I found it hilarious how informal and cool sounding Ryoushi is on the phone. It seems that he does not speak in keigo if no one is looking at him. All the "-su" suffixes in his sentences make him sound like a nerd in face to face conversations.

Archangel
Fri, 08-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Ryoushi's stalking skills are Hokage level

Marik
Thu, 08-12-2010, 01:13 PM
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 07 [C5217F7D].mkv (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_07_C5217F7D.mkv.torrent)

shinta|hikari
Thu, 08-12-2010, 08:20 PM
"I will definitely hunt you down."

Damn, Ryoushi is probably the coolest and most likable male protagonist in ages.

The sweet Ryouko is definitely sweet. This Ryouko makes a nice pair with the manly Ryoushi, while the -su Ryoushi pairs up better with the tsundere. The relationship types mentioned were hilarious, particularly the S and M one, even if I know the hunter is no M.

I hope that Shepherd bastard gets mutilated, skinned, gutted, cooked, then fed to the fools who actually believed him over Ryouko. Only then will Ryoushi's hunt be considered complete for me.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-13-2010, 06:33 AM
A lot of people were annoyed that Kuroko is narrating this, but this show would be so much less funny without her.

I really want to know what happened to the other pair while this was all happening, but if all I'd get was a underwhelming story, then I guess this way is more fun. I can always assume something awesomely sweet happened.

Kraco
Fri, 08-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Ryoushi should take better care of his weapon. It's no good if it breaks like that at the most critical moment. Of course this wasn't a critical moment to begin with (considering physical fighting capabilities) being all talk but if it breaks at such a moment, how will it endure during situations when actual shooting is required?

Anyway, this was a good ep. Ryouko was remarkably cute, underlining how much she's been trying to change herself after the incidence.

Shepherd sounded quite pitiful, in fact, in the light of his words in this episode: That he followed Ryouko to this new town.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Ryoushi should take better care of his weapon. It's no good if it breaks like that at the most critical moment. Of course this wasn't a critical moment to begin with (considering physical fighting capabilities) being all talk but if it breaks at such a moment, how will it endure during situations when actual shooting is required?

I thought Shepherd severed his slingshot. There was a distinctive cutting sound.

Kraco
Fri, 08-13-2010, 08:38 AM
That's indeed how it appeared based on his pose as well, but if the slingshot was that easily severed, it still changes nothing. It's not too sturdy if one swipe with a bare hand can break it.

KrayZ33
Fri, 08-13-2010, 09:52 AM
pretty obvious that he has claws like a wolf or something

I can't see him as a "shepherd" anyway, he's much more a wolf in sheep's clothing.

same goes for ryouko, not a wolf at all imho, more like a cat or something like that.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-13-2010, 10:11 AM
pretty obvious that he has claws like a wolf or something

I can't see him as a "shepherd" anyway, he's much more a wolf in sheep's clothing.

same goes for ryouko, not a wolf at all imho, more like a cat or something like that.

I started calling him Shepherd because someone else was.

(Guess that makes me the sheep)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 08-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Hitsujikai means shepherd in Japanese.

Archangel
Fri, 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM
A wolf raping shepherd? From what crazy fairy tale did that one come from?

KrayZ33
Fri, 08-13-2010, 04:47 PM
ye i don't get that either

another thing which is very weird is that he keeps saying how delicious ryouko is..
its a typical sentence for a wolf if you ask me.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Ringo comes off really mature for most loli characters, particularly in this episode.

It's so wrong, yet so right.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 08-13-2010, 06:45 PM
It's so wrong, yet so right.

This.

Not sure if there is any specific fairytale, but shepherds are generally a wolf's archenemy. Shepherds kill wolves to protect their sheep.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-13-2010, 08:19 PM
A wolf raping shepherd? From what crazy fairy tale did that one come from?

Since Ryouko is a "sheep in wolf's clothing", then it'd make him a sheep-raping shepherd.

Like he said, he still sees the "sheep" in Ryouko.

Marik
Sat, 08-14-2010, 09:40 AM
[Nipponsei] Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi ED Single - Akazukin-chan Goyoujin [OToGi8].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Ookami-san%20to%20Shichinin%20no%20Nakama-tachi%20ED%20Single%20-%20Akazukin-chan%20Goyoujin%20%5BOToGi8%5D.zip.torrent)

Marik
Thu, 08-19-2010, 04:31 AM
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 08 [9DDF2F74].mkv (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_08_9DDF2F74.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Thu, 08-19-2010, 10:17 AM
They entirely missed a chance to make Ryoushi proclaim he won't hand Ryouko over to anybody.

Well, it wasn't such a great episode, apart from the scene where they fast forwarded through the girls in the school...

KrayZ33
Thu, 08-19-2010, 11:07 AM
i liked the scene where the butler proclaimed that big boobs are the best, and then came up with the whole gravity part...

epic win, epic VA

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I still enjoyed this episode, it had plenty of cameos, even discounting the rapid-fire scene.

- Mahoro references
- Main character and Banana-chan from Kage Kara Mamoru (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4112)

Not to mention the girls from previous episodes. The Tarou and Otohime scene was great as always, and the narration was in prime form.

It was a fluff episode to be sure, but it was an enjoyable one. I'd say the only thing that really got to me was the mouse kid's hair. I wanted to reach into the screen and rip those out with all my strength...very, very slowly.

Archangel
Thu, 08-19-2010, 04:54 PM
That fool didn't go for Mikoto?? Off with his mousy head!

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-21-2010, 12:39 AM
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 08 [9DDF2F74].mkv (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_08_9DDF2F74.mkv.torrent)

That was pure gold.

Best Character Design: Otohime/Twin Dumplings
Best Overall Character: Ringo

Marik
Thu, 08-26-2010, 08:27 AM
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 09v2 [D4F05F8E].mkv (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_09v2_D4F05F8E.mkv.torrent)
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 09 [XviD] [AF2FD941].avi (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_09_XviDAF2FD941.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Thu, 08-26-2010, 04:10 PM
It was a necessary episode centering around Ringo. Very good background information explaining quite a few things about her. Although it did nothing to explain why she's driving Ryouko and Ryoushi together. Perhaps it's simply her willingness to help them both. I guess it's good her views of couples weren't shadowed by what her mom achieved. Although I don't really know if her mom even was evil.

Good swimsuit shots as well.

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Looks like they smashed the two separate Snow White fairy tales together and have Akai Ringo playing a double role as well (as Rose Red).

Her mother is as "evil" as Ringo is. She uses everything to her own advantage, likely using Ringo in the negotiations. They were in a upper-lower class housing before moving into the mansion. It was abundantly clear that Ringo's mother is the kind of mistress who forces the wife out.

Thankfully the episode had a happy ending.

Two small things that were notable was that Alice does indeed love her cousin, and Majo has a thin body and very large breasts (proportionally). Someone speculated earlier that Majo might be the real Mysterious Beauty, and they just may be correct.

Archangel
Fri, 08-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Two small things that were notable was that Alice does indeed love her cousin, and Majo has a thin body and very large breasts (proportionally). Someone speculated earlier that Majo might be the real Mysterious Beauty, and they just may be correct.
Because she blushed a little? I think it was only because she considered the possibility and blushed for a second, none of those 2 seems very interested in the opposite sex >_>

And yeah Majo is very bonable, she needs her own ep before this series ends

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-27-2010, 03:24 AM
Because she blushed a little? I think it was only because she considered the possibility and blushed for a second, none of those 2 seems very interested in the opposite sex >_>Uh...did you miss the part where the two girls speculated that that what Alice really meant was that she says he's always hanging around her despite her lack of interest but she just won't leave on her own (which she certainly could do). That resulted in her blushing with a verbal denial (tsundere), confirming that she is the one deliberately continuing to hang around Liszt, which for some reason that would be embarrassing to her. This goes along with the initial question the girls had about the two of them going out, and the concluding remark that he will, "keep pushing back the wedding date."

And the accuracy of two girls' intuition is confirmed by our Narrator.

Archangel
Fri, 08-27-2010, 03:27 AM
I still don't buy it, felt more like what i described than anything else

Marik
Thu, 09-02-2010, 04:08 AM
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 10 [FC2054F8].mkv (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_10_FC2054F8.mkv.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Normally one would think that Mr Nyan was there to distract Ryoushi from everything that's going on, but then there wouldn't be a reason to train him in the meanwhile. He'd better give an explanation for why Ryoushi is getting free training lessons. Ryoushi doesn't look like he'll be able to learn anything else in time aside from dodging, but even that should help him out heaps against the likes of Shepherd.

That was some hole in the plan to let Ringo and Majo alert everyone (more so Ringo, less so Majo since no one knows what she can do anyway). You might as well get everybody instead of letting the loose ones regroup. They should have staked some delinquents outside Snow White's house at least.

Kraco
Fri, 09-03-2010, 01:22 AM
The first thing that visited my mind was that wouldn't you normally be contacting the police already at this point? If you look at the Bank at large, it even has a somewhat sensible idea for a club based on the services they have offered - mostly. But now we are talking about kidnapping people, which is a pretty serious crime.

Well, other than that, I'm mostly interested in that cat dude's motives as well. Ookami getting kidnapped is old material already, after all. The cat dude looks extremely shady suggesting he is working for the major villain, but on the other hand that could be on purpose. In reality a villain's worst enemies are other villains, after all.

Archangel
Fri, 09-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Haven't you learned Kraco? They NEVER call the cops, NEVER!

Ryllharu
Fri, 09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Normally one would think that Mr Nyan was there to distract Ryoushi from everything that's going on, but then there wouldn't be a reason to train him in the meanwhile. He'd better give an explanation for why Ryoushi is getting free training lessons.
The cat dude looks extremely shady suggesting he is working for the major villain, but on the other hand that could be on purpose.
It took me a few minutes for the role to click (confirmed by the steel-toed boots), but he's pretty clearly Puss in Boots. He is generally considered a good character, and that goes along with his lines about how he does good deeds for free. Then again, Puss in Boots is also well known for being a trickster, and also tends to be loyal to his master. Which would be...who?

This series has been good at adapting a lot of fairy tails into humorous twists and unique variations, but I viewed this situation as merely extremely poor timing rather than anything insidious. Ryoushi and Ryouko are each relatively helpless on their own against this group, but have proven to be invincible when teamed together. The cat kid just enabling Ryoushi with the ability to help himself save her.

Kraco
Sat, 09-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Hah. After ten eps, I still regularly fail to remember the characters in the series are normally hauled over from fairy tails... But yeah, even knowing that, which must be true for the cat dude, doesn't really reveal to whom he's connected. I'd also say that his introduction was really abrupt and weak if he's connected to nobody, in the sense that he would simply appear out of nowhere right before the major battles (assuming such are coming).

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Hah. After ten eps, I still regularly fail to remember the characters in the series are normally hauled over from fairy tails... But yeah, even knowing that, which must be true for the cat dude, doesn't really reveal to whom he's connected. I'd also say that his introduction was really abrupt and weak if he's connected to nobody, in the sense that he would simply appear out of nowhere right before the major battles (assuming such are coming).

It'd be really really cool if he was actually returning a favour to Otagi Bank, and was under the command of the president.

Poker Face!

Kraco
Sat, 09-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Haha, yeah. That would actually be a nice plot twist!

Marik
Thu, 09-09-2010, 03:01 AM
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 11 [A26657BB].mkv (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_11_A26657BB.mkv.torrent)

Archangel
Thu, 09-09-2010, 07:20 AM
That episode looked strangely like a finale

Anyway, Ryoushi is teh awesome

Kraco
Thu, 09-09-2010, 08:32 AM
... until somebody looks at him.

At least he can bear Ryouko looking at him. That's the most important thing, of course.

I can't help but question the wisdom of Ryoushi telling her repeatedly that he's going to always protect her. The girl has used her free time to get better at fighting and is by no means poor at it, so what exactly does it gain to tell her that she needs protecting? Shouldn't he rather tell her that he's going to fight alongside her, no matter againt who? Even if this current form isn't what Ryouko exactly is like and would really want to be, I don't think it would do her much good to suddenly drop the boxing practice and become a meek ordinary little girl. She can't just turn back the clock, nor can he for her.

KrayZ33
Thu, 09-09-2010, 02:50 PM
I can't help but question the wisdom of Ryoushi telling her repeatedly that he's going to always protect her. The girl has used her free time to get better at fighting and is by no means poor at it, so what exactly does it gain to tell her that she needs protecting?

I don't get it either, I'd prefer him saying something like "I got ur back (so keep looking forward)" or something like that

"I'll always protect you"sounds so cocky, especially when he says it over and over again.
can't say I like that sentence coming from his mouth especially when he says it to someone like Ryōko
and I really *hate* his "weakness".. destroys the whole atmosphere :(

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Ryouko wants to be protected. That's the kind of girl she is, not was. She is just pretending to be strong and independent. Just because she has grown strong by putting effort does not mean her nature has suddenly changed. That's the whole twist on the wolf in sheep's clothing thing. Ryoushi understands this, and that (along with his extreme persistence) is what made him able to get close and make Ryouko like him.

Ryouko doesn't have to drop anything if she doesn't want to. Ryoushi will try and protect her regardless of her being capable of protecting herself (which isn't really true considering all the trouble she has been having).

Ryoushi is cocky, but he always pulls through, so that makes it cool.

Kraco
Fri, 09-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, well, that sounds something suiting a fairy tale, alright. I guess living in a country where both the president and the prime minister are women, I don't really think any woman capable of protecting herself and even others (most of the time), would want to repeatedly hear somebody has taken over the job for her.

Archangel
Fri, 09-10-2010, 07:05 AM
True, you can't get any more traditional than with fairy tales

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Ah, this show is just so much fun to watch.

Just when Ryoushi became our fully developed hero and I thought he had overcome all of his previous weaknesses...
... he cowers to kids. :D

I was so happy that they followed through with Alice's hinted relationship before, and how all but announcing it with Rikkun/Alice-chan. The "badass who opens his eyes" card was well played.

And I'm with shinta on the whole protecting thing. I thought the idea behind it was clear enough.

On the contrary, the story involving Ryouko and Neko isn't all that transparent. Judging from the story, it seems Neko was attacked by delinquents and Ryouko jumped in to help them. I gather that means Ryouko was already in tough-mode and probably wasted those gangs anyway.

If that was the case, there really isn't much to be ashamed of if he couldn't do anything about it in the first place. How many times have we seen a strong character rescue a weaker one, only for the strong one to die protecting the other because they didn't run away like they were told?

It's catch 22 for the fellow isn't it? Do you run away, or do you not?

edit: nvm, it was covered after all. (http://randomc.net/2010/08/04/ookami-san-to-shichinin-no-nakama-tachi-06/)

But they never explained why Majo changed glasses?!?!

Marik
Thu, 09-16-2010, 02:30 AM
[Mazui] Ookami-san - 12 [F8E1E04A].mkv (http://mazuisubs.com/torrents/Mazui_Ookami-san_-_12_F8E1E04A.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Thu, 09-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Ryouko's smile was so nice and promising that I ended up liking this final episode, despite the fact the plot came out of nowhere. Of course it also helped Ryuoshi kicked ass and even managed to act as if he was a cool guy on top of the situation when he made those phone calls.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Tasukete hoshii ka?

Yeah, Ryoushi made this series good.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-16-2010, 09:18 PM
I rather liked the the new girl. It's about time someone put pressure on Ryouko since Ryoushi is putting all the effort.

My favourite part of this ep was how she kept up the Darling regardless of whether she knows he likes Ryouko or not.

Archangel
Mon, 09-20-2010, 01:28 AM
It's pretty refreshing, instead of leading a bunch of other girls on while it's obvious who he's going to end up with the man knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to seize it

Ryoushi for best male lead of 2010

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-20-2010, 02:00 AM
It's pretty refreshing, instead of leading a bunch of other girls on while it's obvious who he's going to end up with the man knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to seize it

Ryoushi for best male lead of 2010

Try handing him that on stage :D

Marik
Sat, 11-13-2010, 09:57 AM
[Nipponsei] Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Ookami-san%20to%20Shichinin%20no%20Nakama-tachi%20Original%20Soundtrack.zip.torrent)

Archangel
Sat, 11-13-2010, 10:01 AM
This show was fun but the OST was something out of a disney movie

Now that's not to say it wasn't fitting, just that it's not something most people would want to hear on its own.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-13-2010, 10:19 AM
This show was fun but the OST was something out of a disney movie

Now that's not to say it wasn't fitting, just that it's not something most people would want to hear on its own.

I'm doing that right now.

Marik
Sat, 11-13-2010, 10:25 AM
it's not something most people would want to hear on its own.

The keyword there is, most.

I'm doing that right now.

Word.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-13-2010, 10:31 AM
I'd say the Shana OSTs were pretty bad as an OST set. They weren't bad pieces. but outside the show I found they didn't have much effect on the listener.

I think this set makes for an awesome lullaby at the very least, unless you want to dream about kicking tons of ass. In that case, I recommend the Fairy Tail one (providing you can get to sleep with your blood rushing like that).