PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 500

Marik
Thu, 07-01-2010, 12:12 AM
mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wvhmjjmt2zz) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/7xhrvt) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/87110441/2)

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Do they really have to ask who the face behind the mask is? Makes me think that it isnt Madara.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Hmmm. The chapter was okay. I love seeing Minato and Kushina's back story... and we got to see several few new characters. But I was expecting something... monumental... for chapter 500.

Archangel
Thu, 07-01-2010, 12:38 AM
What's with the cliffhanger? Are we supposed to be worried for baby naruto's life? Is madara so damn powerful that he may cause a paradox where this manga never existed?

Carnage
Thu, 07-01-2010, 12:51 AM
What's with the cliffhanger? Are we supposed to be worried for baby naruto's life? Is madara so damn powerful that he may cause a paradox where this manga never existed?

It is actually Kubo behind the mask. Anything is possible.

Archangel
Thu, 07-01-2010, 01:09 AM
It is actually Kubo behind the mask. Anything is possible.
The Kubo behind the mask is obviously being controlled by Aizen, just as Oda planned

Minor
Thu, 07-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Hmmm. The chapter was okay. I love seeing Minato and Kushina's back story... and we got to see several few new characters. But I was expecting something... monumental... for chapter 500.

I dunno, it is the birth of Naruto.

Sam98034
Thu, 07-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Holy crap! What a freaking cliffhanger ending!!! Is Naruto going to be okay?!?!!?! Who is this mysterious masked man that defeated the ANBU guards?!?!

Tofu #2
Thu, 07-01-2010, 02:32 AM
exactly what happens when a beast is released? shoots out in a beam of light like a pokeball?

einbreaker
Thu, 07-01-2010, 02:40 AM
its obviously gumby, did you see him walk through the wall.

Psyke
Thu, 07-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Interesting chapter.

I've always thought Naruto's fox whiskers was due to him being the Jinchuuriki, but apparently it's not, and instead it's due to him being the son of a Jinchuuriki mother.

depthcharge
Thu, 07-01-2010, 04:58 AM
At least now we dont have to worry that Naruto getting pregnant and the subsequent parturition weakening his Kyubi seal.

Wait.... what nonsense is that? My bad.

Now, if I am not getting it wrong, half the kyubi is already in the possession of Madara since that time.

Asakura50
Thu, 07-01-2010, 09:18 AM
This was a cool chapter. Some cool reveals...Naruto ancestors are an uber sealing clan and also explains Madara's ranting before kage summit saying Naruto has Senju blood. Ok so I had a family tree question ... So if Kushina's mother was married to the first hokage does that make her his daughter.? and if that's the case kushina relationship with Tsunade is a sibling one; that would make her Naruto's blood relative auntie. I think. So much to think about

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm actually liking these developments. It's like finding out the real deal about our founding fathers (for those of us who are american) for the first time after years of indoctrination. Just one more veil of virtue lifted from the Konoha disguise of righteousness. Even the so called goodie two shoes Sandaime had his hand in the sealing of a demon inside a child. It's amazing that these motherfuckers had the nerve to be so judgemental towards Orochimaru. Oh wait, his experiments weren't state sanctioned, nevermind the morality of it. Good stuff.

Naruto's mom had chakra that made her perfect for being a jinchuruuki? I so called this years ago, but with respect to Naruto, not his mom. I wouldn't be surprised if the same held true for Naruto.

animus
Thu, 07-01-2010, 09:43 AM
This was a cool chapter. Some cool reveals...Naruto ancestors are an uber sealing clan and also explains Madara's ranting before kage summit saying Naruto has Senju blood. Ok so I had a family tree question ... So if Kushina's mother was married to the first hokage does that make her his daughter.? and if that's the case kushina relationship with Tsunade is a sibling one; that would make her Naruto's blood relative auntie. I think. So much to think about

The previous Jinchuuriki before Kushina wasn't her mother I think? It just said her predecessor. But maybe she is her mother and that's how she became a Jinchuuriki. But the way I saw it was, it was just transferred to Kushina because of her chakra abilities.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-01-2010, 09:59 AM
The first Jinchuuriki looked too old to be Kushina's mother.
Besides... that woman married the 1st Hokage... who is Tsunade's grandfather... and Tsunade if over 50. So... no.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 07-01-2010, 10:36 AM
After reading this I just thought, Aizen would own Madara so badly in anything. Madara's plans are crap, having to threaten to kill babies.

Yukimura
Thu, 07-01-2010, 11:35 AM
The first Jinchuuriki looked too old to be Kushina's mother.
Besides... that woman married the 1st Hokage... who is Tsunade's grandfather... and Tsunade if over 50. So... no.

Not that I saw anything indicating that the Mito was Kushina's mother either but age based arguments don't necessarily hold since a point was made to state that...

The people of the Eddy Village were all blessed with astonishingly long lives
If the village members life spans were extended who's to say their child bearing years weren't also extended making it possible for them to have kids longer than normal. Mito apparently lived from the time of the founding until at least the time the Fourth was a kid.

That said from the way things were described it seems like Kushina knew of Mito as a respected elder but wasn't related to her by anything other than whatever distant bond related the members of their clan.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I thought the Eddy Village stuff was good. It is cool to see where the symbol on Naruto's back comes from after all these years.

Archangel
Thu, 07-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I felt there was too much information in this week's chapter, Kishi needs to learn how to pace these things better.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-01-2010, 11:50 AM
well, so Naruto is the heir of all ninjas!

I really hate this shit. it's nice to see Naruto's family, but dammit, Naruto used to be peter parker, now he's jesus and superman combined.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
I dont think its really madara for some reason.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 07-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Bet it's Kabuto's dad or something

Assertn
Thu, 07-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Its Uzumaki Mito. She returned to reclaim what was once hers.

With love.

Edit: So I suppose after this ordeal, someone's going to find Yondaime dead and Naruto lying around with the seal, and nobody will put one and one together that he came from the very pregnant what's-her-name since the birth was kept secret, and therefore everyone in the village will hate him.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-01-2010, 01:07 PM
If the village members life spans were extended who's to say their child bearing years weren't also extended making it possible for them to have kids longer than normal. Mito apparently lived from the time of the founding until at least the time the Fourth was a kid.

Fair point. I forgot that information.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
My money's on Danzo being behind the mask. The fight between him and sasuke was all an elaborate genjutsu.

Started as a joke but it makes about as much sense as Madara's fuckass still being alive.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 07-01-2010, 03:07 PM
OK so what happened is that Minato in a moment of paternal weakness agreed to let Madara have Kyuubi in exchange for Naruto's life. This led to Madara being able to attack the village.

Burdened by guilt, Minato decides emotionally to atone for leading to such loss of life in Konoha by both sacrificing himself and in doing so leaving Naruto with the power to exact true revenge upon Madara one day for he did. However, the rest of the village just see Naruto as being responsible for the deaths of so many in the village, as to save his one life so many had to die, so they hate him.

Madara's plan was to destroy the village with the Kyuubi, however his backup plan was in case of failure there would be at least a huge loss of life and the Uchiha would be blamed, as they would be suspected of controlling the Kyuubi. As a result the village would move against them, making things difficult and eventually leading the Uchiha to take drastic action, such as they coup they tried. The result of this would be that either the Uchiha would kill off the Senju or the Senju would kill of the Uchiha (which is what happened and he helped with).

Naruto now realises his true destiny and moves to face off with Madara and plans to expose this dastardly devil to Sasuke, thus hoping to bring Sasuke back from the dark side. Together the will then fight Madara and try to finish him once and for all, showing that together the Senju and Uchiha, as Konoha shinboi, are far more powerful than they are if they fight alone.

unandpw
Thu, 07-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Are some of you really debating who's behind the mask? :confused:

Here's the mask Madara wore when he met Itachi:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/400/08/

Latest reference:
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/87110441/18

They're the same...

Archangel
Thu, 07-01-2010, 03:47 PM

Latest reference:

They're the same...

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/576/76759654.th.png (http://img248.imageshack.us/i/76759654.png/)

No hair! :eek: :eek:

unandpw
Thu, 07-01-2010, 04:13 PM

That's not conclusive at all. He had long hair when he was young, and short hair now. People get haircuts. It could even be tied back. And the time frame between those two images is around 7 to 8 years. It stands to reason that his style has changed. Besides, it's not like he's a Saiyan with their everlasting perms.

Archangel
Thu, 07-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I pity you and your denial to see the truth :(

UChessmaster
Thu, 07-01-2010, 05:40 PM
I pity you and your denial to see the truth :(

You`re being sarcastic? is hard to tell on the internet.

Assertn
Thu, 07-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Archangel is always serious.

Archangel
Thu, 07-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Because the Internet is serious business

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 07-01-2010, 10:17 PM
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/576/76759654.th.png (http://img248.imageshack.us/i/76759654.png/)

Everyone is bald when they wear a hood. That clearly explains the no hair thing. Or mayybe that was just as Oda planned...

Sam98034
Fri, 07-02-2010, 02:43 AM

Latest reference:

They're the same...

Dude, what the hell? Way to spoil it for me! Can you please stop!?!? I was really interested in seeing who it could possibly be behind the mask. Just don't tell me what happens to Naruto, the 4th, and Kushina next week, ok?

unandpw
Fri, 07-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Dude, what the hell? Way to spoil it for me! Can you please stop!?!? I was really interested in seeing who it could possibly be behind the mask. Just don't tell me what happens to Naruto, the 4th, and Kushina next week, ok?

I'm preaching to the Madara = Obito crowd. :p

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 07-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Its obitio. Im calling it. Serious.

Sidnne
Fri, 07-02-2010, 04:44 PM

How would what you linked be of any relevance to the Madara = Obito theory?

David Craft
Fri, 07-02-2010, 07:11 PM
After reading this I just thought, Aizen would own Madara so badly in anything. Madara's plans are crap, having to threaten to kill babies.

Its ALL according to Aizen's plan!!

unandpw
Fri, 07-02-2010, 08:17 PM
How would what you linked be of any relevance to the Madara = Obito theory?

It's a general observance. Conspiracy theorists will believe anything.

Sidnne
Fri, 07-02-2010, 08:37 PM
It's a general observance. Conspiracy theorists will believe anything.

It's a very general observance... But I fail to see what it has to do with any conspiracy theory? It neither supports nor disputes "Madara = Obito."

unandpw
Sat, 07-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm saying that if there are people willing to believe Madara = Obito, then there are some who will believe that the latest Madara isn't the one behind the mask. Don't over-think this. We'll probably find out next week. :cool:

Sidnne
Sat, 07-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm saying that if there are people willing to believe Madara = Obito, then there are some who will believe that the latest Madara isn't the one behind the mask. Don't over-think this. We'll probably find out next week. :cool:

OK... but you still have yet to explain how two pictures of this mask has anything at all to do with Madara = Obito...

And I think it's pretty clear that Madara is not the person behind the Tobi mask at any point. We have already seen Madara's face plenty of times, so we know what he looks like. There is no reason to go through such great lengths to hide a face that we have already seen, especially if he is telling people that he is Madara. If Tobi = Madara, then Kishi is a much worse writer than any of us ever imagined.
EDIT: Then there's also the interesting fact that both Minato and Kushina refer to him as "The one in the mask" and not "Madara."

poopdeville
Sat, 07-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Everybody in Konoha thought Madara was dead. Jiraiya and Itachi the only ones (we know of) who had doubts about the story. So there's no reason for Minato and Kuina to think it was him.

Sidnne
Sat, 07-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Everybody in Konoha thought Madara was dead. Jiraiya and Itachi the only ones (we know of) who had doubts about the story. So there's no reason for Minato and Kuina to think it was him.

Good :rolleyes:. Now try to think about this in the context of this being a story, written by a human author, being read by a human audience, which already has knowledge and awareness of the situation.

RyougaZell
Sat, 07-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Didn't Kuina die by falling from the stairs, making Zoro want to wish to become the best swordsman? Oh wait... its just as Aizen planned.

unandpw
Sat, 07-03-2010, 11:20 PM
OK... but you still have yet to explain how two pictures of this mask has anything at all to do with Madara = Obito...

I used "Madara = Obito" as an example of the type of people who would believe this. It wasn't meant link the two theories. I could have just as well said "magic bullet people." Like I said earlier, I was referring to conspiracy theorists in general.

poopdeville
Sat, 07-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Good :rolleyes:. Now try to think about this in the context of this being a story, written by a human author, being read by a human audience, which already has knowledge and awareness of the situation.

It would be a plothole if Minato and Kushina knew it was Madara. That's the context.

So your complaint amounts to "It might MAYBE be somebody other than Madara, despite the fact that they can't have known he is the number one suspect, and they are acting exactly how they should have even if it was Madara."

Fine, it COULD be somebody else. The rest of the manga doesn't support the theory, especially since Jiraiya and Itachi went out of their way to confirm, in a narrative sense, that he is Madara.

Let's not forget that you were whining at me for thinking Madara COULD have been Danzou, about this time last year. I had a stronger argument for it then than you do now.

Sam98034
Sun, 07-04-2010, 01:54 AM

Oh yeah, I was just kidding. I thought the last part gave it away since we all know what happend to Naruto, the 4th, and Kushina. Sorry I started a Madara = Obito mess as well, unintentionally.

Sidnne
Sun, 07-04-2010, 01:29 PM
It would be a plothole if Minato and Kushina knew it was Madara. That's the context.

So your complaint amounts to "It might MAYBE be somebody other than Madara, despite the fact that they can't have known he is the number one suspect, and they are acting exactly how they should have even if it was Madara."

Fine, it COULD be somebody else. The rest of the manga doesn't support the theory, especially since Jiraiya and Itachi went out of their way to confirm, in a narrative sense, that he is Madara.

Let's not forget that you were whining at me for thinking Madara COULD have been Danzou, about this time last year. I had a stronger argument for it then than you do now.

It's no more a plothole for Minato and Kushina to know its Madara than it is for Jiraiya and Itachi. You say Jiraiya and Itachi confirmed it. How? Did they do DNA testing on him? Minato at least, and likely Kushina as well, FOUGHT him, which is certainly more than Jiraiya did. Let us also not forget that Minato was aware of many thing, including Akatsuki and Jiraiya's death, because he was "watching from inside Naruto." Naruto was told that the guy in the mask was Madara, so if Minato was watching from inside Naruto, wouldn't he have then been aware that the guy in the mask was called Madara? Yet, he still chose to call him "the one in the mask" and not Madara. If Minato fought this guy and was watching from within Naruto, then it wouldn't be much of a plothole for him to know it was Madara, would it?

But, you're still not looking at it in the proper context, as usual. You are trying to view it as if you are a character living the story, not as a reader reading a written story for an audience; that has always been your problem and why you are always wrong.

You're really bringing up something from last year? Really? I did no whining, I simply told you that you were wrong, which you were. You had no argument last year and you have no argument now. You were an idiot a year ago, just like you're an idiot today. I guess not much changes in a year.

poopdeville
Sun, 07-04-2010, 02:26 PM
The reason I brought something from last year up is because your argument now is weaker than mine was then. If you don't like my old argument, you shouldn't like yours now. It is too easy to hold other people to a higher standard than you hold yourself. Hypocrisy.

Let's compare. I said there were some things in common between Madara and Danzou, including:

1) Their training methods. Madara made the Uchiha kill each other off as a training method. Madara made the Land of Mist kill each other off as a training method. Danzou made Roots kill each other off as a training method.
2) Their politics, including the manipulation of Pein, which they both took part in. Also includes the building of personal armies with the backing of the Hidden Villages (Roots, as compared to the Land of Mist coup)
3) Their ages, similar looks, and conveniently placed mask/eye hole.

All of this can plausibly be understood as foreshadowing. Yeah, I was wrong. It was still a stronger argument than yours.

Your argument: Madara is somebody else because characters acting AS THEY SHOULD "means" that he is somebody else. Really? That logic is weak.

Sidnne
Sun, 07-04-2010, 05:09 PM
The reason I brought something from last year up is because your argument now is weaker than mine was then. If you don't like my old argument, you shouldn't like yours now. It is too easy to hold other people to a higher standard than you hold yourself. Hypocrisy.

Let's compare. I said there were some things in common between Madara and Danzou, including:

1) Their training methods. Madara made the Uchiha kill each other off as a training method. Madara made the Land of Mist kill each other off as a training method. Danzou made Roots kill each other off as a training method.
2) Their politics, including the manipulation of Pein, which they both took part in. Also includes the building of personal armies with the backing of the Hidden Villages (Roots, as compared to the Land of Mist coup)
3) Their ages, similar looks, and conveniently placed mask/eye hole.

All of this can plausibly be understood as foreshadowing. Yeah, I was wrong. It was still a stronger argument than yours.

Your argument: Madara is somebody else because characters acting AS THEY SHOULD "means" that he is somebody else. Really? That logic is weak.

As I told you a year ago, your #1 and 2 arguments were incorrect. So you're argument was essentially "Danzou's eye is bandaged."

And if you think my argument on this matter is really "Madara is somebody else because characters acting AS THEY SHOULD "means" that he is somebody else," then you only prove once again that your reading comprehension is abysmal at best. And as I've suggested to you over and over on these threads, go read the posts again and again, 100 times each if need be, until you understand what is being said, because it's clear that you don't.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 07-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Get a room you two... it's gonna be Orochimaru.

Yukimura
Mon, 07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Indeed, at this point the Madara debate seems pretty trivial. People can eternally cling to one idea or another by selectively labeling certain pieces of expository information as misinformation in order to make their theory true.