PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Sites

Sapphire
Thu, 06-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Did anyone notice that all of the major anime torrent sites are down, or is it just me?

(Ah, Apparently there's a major power outage affecting all servers in Sweden)

Marik
Thu, 06-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Indeed. They all seem to share the same host or something. Eclipse, Nyaa, & TT are all down.

Edit: They're back up now.

itadakimasu
Mon, 06-28-2010, 04:23 PM
On the topic of torrent sites...

I should have some demonoid invites. Let me know if you want one and I'll pm you the code.

Lucifus
Thu, 07-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Oo OOo ooo O~

Me!

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 07-03-2010, 12:19 AM
On the topic of torrent sites...

I should have some demonoid invites. Let me know if you want one and I'll pm you the code.

What is this demonoid you speak of? Someone school me.

David75
Sat, 07-03-2010, 12:38 AM
What is this demonoid you speak of? Someone school me.

It's a place where you can get lots of oldschool or difficult to get torrents with peers. But it's a very closed community until recently.
I had been waiting for so long for an invite that I did not even check the site anymore.
Now that I got an invite, I remarked that registration is now fully open, so the invite is useless. Life's a bitch, as they say ;)

itadakimasu
Fri, 12-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Just logged in and it looks like invites are open.

They moved the site to www.demonoid.me

Archangel
Wed, 12-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Demonoid is pretty shitty these days

itadakimasu
Wed, 12-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Demonoid is pretty shitty these days

I don't dl very much stuff nowadays. can you recommend another site?

Sapphire
Wed, 12-22-2010, 11:07 AM
http://torrentz.eu/

Is great. They have all the trackers in one place as well.

Archangel
Wed, 12-22-2010, 01:20 PM
I usually use piratebay or isohunt. And when everything else fails there's always google

David75
Wed, 12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
I might switch to newsgroup+vpn in the next 6 months.
I'm moving, changing ISP because the ADSL is too slow at my new location... and I have to switch to a cable+fiber ISP to have nice dl speeds. But that ISP isn't as nice as the one I have now. So I need some privacy.

Torrent is really a clever protocol, it's just that it's not stealth enough.

itadakimasu
Thu, 12-23-2010, 01:42 AM
I usually use piratebay or isohunt. And when everything else fails there's always google

I used to love isohunt but after mininova got shut down and stuff i stopped going there. Same with piratebay... stopped going there after they were having all their legal issues going on.

Googling for torrent sites is dangerous too. There's much more fake malware infested sites than there are legit torrent sites.

Kraco
Thu, 12-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I used to love isohunt but after mininova got shut down and stuff i stopped going there. Same with piratebay... stopped going there after they were having all their legal issues going on.

I stopped going to Piratebay after the legal troubles. It hits a bit too close since PB is/was in Sweden... Isohunt is who knows where, so I reckoned I'm safe with it for now. Although maybe even more importantly I used Piratebay for programs, which are along with western music and movies/tv series the most hunted category (by copyright enforcers), whereas I use Isohunt for anime/manga. I have never heard of anybody who would have got into trouble because of anime/manga over here.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-24-2010, 10:26 AM
http://torrentz.eu/

Is great. They have all the trackers in one place as well.

Thanks!. Bookmarked.

Same, though minus PirateBay.

I'm moving, changing ISP because the ADSL is too slow at my new location... and I have to switch to a cable+fiber ISP to have nice dl speeds. But that ISP isn't as nice as the one I have now. So I need some privacy.

Torrent is really a clever protocol, it's just that it's not stealth enough.

I've yet to work out how that all works yet. I'm still relying on private trackers and hoping for those decentralised P2P programs that spawned from Winny to take hold somehow.

Googling for torrent sites is dangerous too. There's much more fake malware infested sites than there are legit torrent sites.

I stopped going to Piratebay after the legal troubles. It hits a bit too close since PB is/was in Sweden... Isohunt is who knows where, so I reckoned I'm safe with it for now.

Pirate Bay and Isohunt are a bit different in that one's a tracker and another's an index. Isohunt's still alright for me. Pirate Bay's pretty much dead to me, and anything that can be found on there will most likely turn up on isohunt's index anyway.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 09-09-2012, 07:03 PM
So now that Demonoid.me is down for the count, where is everyone going for torrents these days? :P

Carnage
Sun, 09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Ive tried using speed.cd, its pretty good.

Kickasstorrents is probably the closest to demonoid.es

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 09-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks Carnage! Looks like speed.cd is closed for members right now though. kickasstorrents isn't too bad.

Xelbair
Mon, 09-24-2012, 07:44 AM
check kat.ph <- great alternative to mininova/isohunt

Edit.
someone mentioned it - it is kickasstorrents.

Animeniax
Mon, 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Can anyone say how secure private trackers are from DCMA/MPAA/RIAA detection? Or does the client you use matter more for privacy?

Xelbair
Mon, 09-24-2012, 02:19 PM
torrent? secure? lol.
you want security? get decent offshore VPN access.

private trackers are obviously more secure, but it is still pretty lax.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-24-2012, 09:16 PM
I've never gotten a letter for anything I've downloaded via private trackers. On the other hand though, I use it relatively infrequently compared to anime I get from public trackers.. and I've only gotten one or two of them from FUNI and others.

Statistically speaking, the lack of letter from private trackers would be insignificant when you look at it like that, but you can argue that the differing materials are not protected under equal aggression.

Carnage
Fri, 09-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Private trackers are more secure so long as the the torrent hasnt originated from a public tracker. If you really want to avoid the bullshit, then use ddl sites like rapid-search-engine for more popular/recent stuff.

rockmanj
Mon, 10-01-2012, 05:00 PM
It looks like Piratebay is down...not sure for how long (http://www.geekosystem.com/pirate-bay-not-down-power-failure/).