PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 165

Marik
Thu, 06-17-2010, 06:58 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 165 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=137801) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=137800)

LunaticCat
Thu, 06-17-2010, 07:48 AM
nice episode again.

poor old frog.... :(

arondruiz
Thu, 06-17-2010, 07:59 AM
There's the animation I've been waiting for in the preview :D So smooth and pretty. Can't wait until next week.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 06-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Why didn't he keep collecting natural chakra when the absorbPain turned to stone? Instead of jerking himself about how hard it is to control he should have tried to regain Sage mode.

At any rate it was another amazing episode, the Pain monologue was nicely done so the abrupt halt on the all out action didn't bother me much. When Pa chan got skewered he looked like an old kermit there for a second.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Hmm. now that Pa's gone, I'm putting my money down on Ma taking the highway too. They're going together. /tear

Fat-pain turning into a toad was pretty funny.

I can understand why Konan was worried about Pain using the Nuke Push now. Indeed, from the looks of how Nagato is fairing, he doesn't have much life-force to spare - that or he's just got a wasted body from years of inactivity.

His "Pain control" technique probably came about from initially wanting to revive Yahiko, much like Sasori's case.

Penner
Thu, 06-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Very good episode indeed, totally looking forward to some Hinata screentime next week!

Even if they manage to beat Pain and his puppets, they still have the rest of the Akatsuki crew and Madara to deal with..

Then theres Sasuke and his crew plus that 8tails that he failed to aquire.. alot of stuff going on now :P

ASSpirine
Thu, 06-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Finally we got to see Nagato in an adult form, he seemed even sicker then Kimimaro... Doesn't look like he is able to fight a decent 1 on 1 combat real life.

We have yet to see Zetsu fight, Akatsuki has still some time to live on I think (hope).

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Someone needs to give Nagato a sandwich for real.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 06-17-2010, 02:11 PM
If they kill off Hinata as well, I'm gonna be pissed!
The fact that the next ep is called 'confession' will probably seal her fate.

On the other hand, I think Pain will have tons of trouble if he fights a Hyuuga 1 on 1. I can't remember a non-filler fight with Hinata, so maybe she will surprise me.
Nagato doesn't really look like he has much of a fight left in him, so that can work for Hinata.

If Naruto has even 1 braincell, he'll use this diversion to gather some nature chackra.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 06-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Seems like as long as Pain has that chakra receiver stuck in Naruto he can't control his chakra so he damn sure can't absorb it from nature. I'm sure if he wasn't stuck like that he could move around and take it out but since he's physically trapped while the rinnengan disrupts his... everything else... he looks pretty helpless.

Xyrox
Thu, 06-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Hm, I've been wondering this for a while now. Did Tsunade really die? I got that impression from the last scene with her and Sakura, but on the other hand her summon(s) didn't disappear.
OK, maybe the summons can stay without the summoner, but then why did Pain's summons disappear when Naruto Rasenganed her?

antiravage
Thu, 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Hm, I've been wondering this for a while now. Did Tsunade really die?

I hope not. This show isn't the same without her boobs.

ASSpirine
Thu, 06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Tsunade just became old again. She was too exhausted and her youth gimmick failed.

kmkze04
Thu, 06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah Tsunade definitely didn't die, she just completely exhausted her creation jutsu built up in her forehead...

Everyone's still neglected to mention that Konan is still standing guard over Nagato. Given she's probably not as strong as Pain but against any other Konoha ninjas still standing the only one I see reasonably capable of fighting her is Sakura if she isn't too tired from healing... If Guy's team gets back then Neji/Lee could probably handle her also.
On that note also, if Guy or Lee was there against Shinra Tensei Pain it would've been over pretty quickly since their gate technique would give them more than enough speed to take advantage of the 5 second opening.
And even with Nagato appearing disabled, who's to say that once he's disconnected from a transmitting machine that he won't have uber amounts of techniques to use? I mean, he's capable of controlling six bodies full speed, he has to have an enormous amount of chakra, and probably enough in reserve to match a normal Konoha jounin 1 on 1.

I'm looking really forward to seeing Hinata unsuck since now Naruto is also (finally) at a good level. The most useless couple alive in the show are now turning into a dynamic duo... yay!

Kraco
Thu, 06-17-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't see what Hinata could really achieve against the push, other than buying a moment of time, but perhaps that's enough. She has had so little screentime of late that I don't know how much her death would affect me anymore. I wouldn't like to see her go, being a Nana Mizuki fan, but on the other hand in a good story people must die. Especially after Pain's genuinely nice speech.

Now that there's only one Pain zombie left, it would be tactically wise for more Konoha ninja to start to attack Pain. He can't see anymore everywhere and moreover the five seconds cooldown would prove fatal with multiple attackers.

Xyrox
Thu, 06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh, seems like I got it wrong then. This episode further added to the confusion by showing a flashback of that scene when Naruto yelled what Pain had done. It also felt that her time was over, considering that she's the last Sannin and they seem to be in the mood to kill off characters.

Would have been interesting if she really died, I wonder who would be the next Hokage if that happened.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Haha, Naruto's method of beating absorbing pain was brilliant. The music during the villain monologue was great too. This whole fight has been so awesome so far.

Why didn't he keep collecting natural chakra when the absorbPain turned to stone? Instead of jerking himself about how hard it is to control he should have tried to regain Sage mode.I imagine because once the Pain holding him turned to stone, the other Pain wasn't just going to stand there and let him keep gathering Nature chakra.

On the subject of Nature chakra, I really with they'd kept representing it as green like they did back during his training. It made things clearer, and they haven't been doing it at all during this fight. It makes it harder to determine what Naruto is doing from his aura.

If they kill off Hinata as well, I'm gonna be pissed!
The fact that the next ep is called 'confession' will probably seal her fate.
Hmm. now that Pa's gone, I'm putting my money down on Ma taking the highway too. They're going together. /tear.No, she's completely safe because she never trained Naruto.

Seriously, training Naruto is the kiss of death in this arc. Jiraiya, Kakashi, Pa. Iruka and Ebisu were damn lucky so far.

Would have been interesting if she really died, I wonder who would be the next Hokage if that happened.Considering Danzou made just made a little speech about how he's trying to spin this attack so that he ends up Hokage, and since the closest thing Konoha has to an experienced elite ninja now is frickin' Gai now that Kakashi and Asuma are dead, it would probably end up being Danzou.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Everyone's still neglected to mention that Konan is still standing guard over Nagato. Given she's probably not as strong as Pain but against any other Konoha ninjas still standing the only one I see reasonably capable of fighting her is Sakura if she isn't too tired from healing... If Guy's team gets back then Neji/Lee could probably handle her also.

Gotta disagree there - she can turn into paper and just flow away in the face of physical attacks and all of the ninja you just mentioned pretty much only use physical attacks - they would be a very poor matchup against her. Something like Sauske's fireball jutsu would be perfect - I'm sure he isn't the only one in the village would could do fire nature manipulation and a fireball is a logical extense of that, so I imagine someone out there can hit her with one. Now I don't know that anyone will. But someone should be able to.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Gotta disagree there - she can turn into paper and just flow away in the face of physical attacks and all of the ninja you just mentioned pretty much only use physical attacks - they would be a very poor matchup against her. Something like Sauske's fireball jutsu would be perfect - I'm sure he isn't the only one in the village would could do fire nature manipulation and a fireball is a logical extense of that, so I imagine someone out there can hit her with one. Now I don't know that anyone will. But someone should be able to.Um, they already did that. It didn't affect her on the grounds that she had soaked herself in water or something like that before the battle.

unandpw
Thu, 06-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Um, they already did that. It didn't affect her on the grounds that she had soaked herself in water or something like that before the battle.

This is true. The next logical course of action would be to use some sort of scissor jutsu since scissors beat paper. Perhaps Sakura could develop it and they could start scissoring each other. :eek:

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM
This is true. The next logical course of action would be to use some sort of scissor jutsu since scissors beat paper. Perhaps Sakura could develop it and they could start scissoring each other. :eek:

It's called Wind Jutsu.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Um, they already did that. It didn't affect her on the grounds that she had soaked herself in water or something like that before the battle.

All, yes. I had forgotten that. On the other hand she may have dried off by now. ;)

kmkze04
Thu, 06-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Beyond burning her to ashes, I considered Neji because he has both a wide range dispersal from Kaiten and then a fast multiple strike in his Hakkeshou attack that would enable him to fend off and take on at least a couple reams of paper at a time. Lee being part of it was more just to see his "springtime of youth" reaction to Konan...

Sam98034
Fri, 06-18-2010, 01:33 AM
As far as Lee or Gai easily taking out pain, I can just see Pain holding his metal stick out and pulling their heads straight through it. Remember, he's trying to capture Naruto alive, not kill him. He just beat the crap out of three giant frogs. I think he's plenty strong to take out anyone. And it's not like his physical attacks and speed are lacking either. And he might be able to see through their attacks easier like Sasuke did with the Sharingan. Rinnegan probably works better, too.

Kraco
Fri, 06-18-2010, 01:34 AM
All, yes. I had forgotten that. On the other hand she may have dried off by now. ;)

She's alone in a cave with her dear Nagato, who just happens to be half naked to boot. I reckon she's going to be wetter than ever.

Sam98034
Fri, 06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
She's alone in a cave with her dear Nagato, who just happens to be half naked to boot. I reckon she's going to be wetter than ever.

Dude, gross.

redcat
Fri, 06-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Nagato looks like he could use some moisture

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Dude, gross.

I thought it was hot.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 06-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Dude, gross.

If any of you, God willing, ever see a vagina, you'll know what all the fuss is about.

Sam98034
Sat, 06-19-2010, 01:19 AM
If any of you, God willing, ever see a vagina, you'll know what all the fuss is about.

I was talking about someone getting hot over Nagato's half naked body. It's like getting aroused by looking at starving ethiopian kids. Whatever floats your boat, I guess...*shudder*

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh, I'm surprised nobody mentioned it yet, but we actually got to see what all 9 of the Bijuu looked like in this episode.

That bug thing looks particularly wicked.