PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 499

Marik
Wed, 06-16-2010, 02:33 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/89152425/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/Naruto_499.zip)

No chapter next week.

Keno
Wed, 06-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Nice. Did anyone ever predict this in the last couple of chapter threads? It seems next chapter will be full of blah-blah-blah. Hopefully there are some good moments in there.

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-16-2010, 02:48 PM
I actually thought that the theory that Kushina was the Kyuubi Jinchuriki that had been circulating around for some time could be real... and then Kishimoto does this. Bam!

I hope the flashback is belivable at least. How the hell was Kyuubi free and Kushina alive having a baby if she was a Jinchuuriki?

unandpw
Wed, 06-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Is his new sealing technique one from the Rikudo sennin? Perhaps he's a direct descendant as oppose to a branch like the Senju and Uchiha.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 06-16-2010, 02:55 PM
So....we saw the necklace that the Sage of Six Paths had. Makes sense since he MADE the Kyuubi. But I liked the chapter.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 06-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Looks like she was the jinchuuriki before the Kyuubi somehow got free. The running theory seems to be that Madara summoned the fox 16 years ago to wreak havoc on Konoha, maybe he was extracted from Kushina.

Sidnne
Wed, 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Hmm... "This is the sage of the six paths!" doesn't make much sense. I wonder if that was translated incorrectly? Maybe, "seal of six elements," since his old seal was five elements?

Also, I was expecting that once Naruto gained control of the Kyuubi's chakra, that he and the nine-tails would have a mutual relationship like K-Bee and the Eight-tails, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It appears that the Kyuubi is still locked up and hates Naruto more than ever.

Archangel
Wed, 06-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah he kicks ass but lets keep in mind he still only knows 2 jutsus >_<

I mean come on... is some variety too much to ask?

redcat
Wed, 06-16-2010, 03:35 PM
naruto is still a tardbarn, he just has brute force now

animus
Wed, 06-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Sage Art Nonstop Gargantuan Rasengan Barrage. Now that's a mouthful for a special move.

I figured that was what Kushina was. Considering how similar her hair looked when she was a child and got mad.

Yukimura
Wed, 06-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Naruto knows at least 4 jutsu that are combat effective. Rasengan (in multiple sizes), Fuuton Rasenshuriken, Summoning, and Shadow Clone. If you also count Sage Mode as a jutsu that's 5. With sage mode he is super strong, super fast, and super tough, has chakra sensing, and can use a ranged attack that is nigh unblockable as long as it's on target. What more utility could he get out of something like other elemental techniques?

In terms of practical combat his fighting style is pretty well equipped for his preferred role of front line brawler. All he has to do is connect with a Rasengan to finish just about any opponent who doesn't have some sort of super healing ability or isn't a demon. With sage mode he can probably out perform most ninja well enough to get a shot or two at them with a Rasengan. His biggest weakness currently would probably be genjutsu which could conceivably be covered with summons or an as yet unrevealed sage mode granted immunity to genjutsu.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
I feel really bad for the kyuubi, it's so sad.

I wonder if the 4th even knew about Kuhina being the jinchushinkosintritisrishiki. maybe she wanted to have a baby so she turned to Madara to get the demon out of her, and then Madara released it on the village.
it could explain why the kyuubi's so pissed at them. she threw him off for another man.

Sam98034
Wed, 06-16-2010, 04:22 PM
I wonder how it all happend. Were Kushina and Kyuubi torn apart, or were they both sealed inside Naruto together? That would be kind of weird.

UChessmaster
Wed, 06-16-2010, 04:54 PM
naruto is still a tardbarn, he just has brute force now

???

Where were you during the Pain fight?

About Kushima this is how i see it: She gets the Kyuubi -> she gets pregnant -> she gives birth -> soon thereafter kyuubi is released.

poopdeville
Wed, 06-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Neat. Naruto is the new Sage of the Six Paths.

I think this makes it more plausible that the body Kabuto showed to Madara is the old Sage of the Six Paths. Pein had the Rinnegan, but no Sage mode. The old Sage must have had both.

February
Wed, 06-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Naruto has gotten worse for sure. The lack of originality in recycling different versions of rasengans for moves leaves me seriously disgusted.

Can't Naruto learn some different awe-inspiring moves instead of bigger and stronger and more rasengans? Man I was disappointed to see Rasenganshuriken but 'Sageart-Nonstop-Garagantuan-Rasengan-Barrage" ?

Seriously retarded as hell

Assertn
Wed, 06-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Anyone in hand-to-hand will easily lose to Naruto. That much was pretty much established when he fought Pain. Naruto pulled off that broke-ass more + bigger rasengan attack even without the Kyubi's chakra. I imagine now he'll be able to create a rasengan the size of a planet.

In any case, I still feel the same way about this fight as I have for 90% of Naruto's fights. And that is that if Kishimoto wants Naruto to win, Naruto will land a rasengan. If Kishimoto wants Naruto to lose, Naruto will miss with his rasengan. Its ridiculous to make intelligent assumptions about matchups, as it doesn't even seem like Kishimoto knows what all the characters are capable of until he writes himself into a corner.

Pandadice
Wed, 06-16-2010, 10:57 PM
you know, from the image in last weeks chap where she beat up the kids, i thought that seemed an awful lot like naruto's 9-tail freak outs.. so i guess that makes sense. It also makes sense then why she was a target for abduction, and her chakra was "special". good chapter.

Sam98034
Wed, 06-16-2010, 11:41 PM
As far as Naruto's skills, he just seems to be missing support abilities. Trust me, it would be lamer if he just learned a new skill that was stronger, then only started using that, then learned another skill that was even stronger than that, then started using only that...etc. He just needs small little techniques to give him small advantages here and there. Basically like Kakashi. Kakashi's uses Chidori the same as Naruto's Rasengan, but he does a lot of little things in between.

Anyway, besides Kakashi, look at the other characters. Sakura just punches. Shika just uses shadows. Kiba just makes the tornado thing with the dog. Naruto seems to be using more variety than some of these guys.

animus
Wed, 06-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Sakura's a medic and punches. Otherwise, yes she's still useless.

Shikamaru uses Shadows as a manipulation and outlet for his strategy.

NOC about Kiba.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 06-17-2010, 12:00 AM
So basically Naruto just got complete access to most of the Kyubi's chakra and the Kyubi is locked up again with a little chakra left?

oyabun
Thu, 06-17-2010, 12:02 AM
I wanna see a different jutsu from aside from bunshins and rasengan(all of its types, big, small, multiple, wind etc..). Is it that hard to think of something different in a world full of elements and techniques?

animus
Thu, 06-17-2010, 12:06 AM
He's a wind type, yet he doesn't have any wind jutsu besides his Shippuden-Rasengan or whatever.

Pandadice
Thu, 06-17-2010, 12:15 AM
He's uses transformation along with clones. And he has summons.

Plus he uses taijutsu the most, doesn't he? He's always going in for the punch.

oyabun
Thu, 06-17-2010, 12:23 AM
He's a wind type, yet he doesn't have any wind jutsu besides his Shippuden-Rasengan or whatever.

Exactly.. It's always just a variation of rasengan. I wish there were more wind jutsu.

depthcharge
Thu, 06-17-2010, 01:04 AM
As far as Naruto's skills, he just seems to be missing support abilities. Trust me, it would be lamer if he just learned a new skill that was stronger, then only started using that, then learned another skill that was even stronger than that, then started using only that...etc. He just needs small little techniques to give him small advantages here and there. Basically like Kakashi. Kakashi's uses Chidori the same as Naruto's Rasengan, but he does a lot of little things in between.

Anyway, besides Kakashi, look at the other characters. Sakura just punches. Shika just uses shadows. Kiba just makes the tornado thing with the dog. Naruto seems to be using more variety than some of these guys.

In response to alot of other critism, Naruto's skill set.

1. Sexy no Jutsu
2. Harem no Jutsu
3. Rasen-shadow smoke duststorm
4.Kagebun-omote no jutsu (a combo tajitsu, used during exam arc and sand invasion arc)
5.Head butt no jutsu(sorry but this seemed more like brute but its small little things)
6.Reverse clone-summoning jutsu(this in my opinion is quite hacked)
7.Thousand years of pain (not a Naruto created special, but he can possibly creat Taju kagebun- thousand years of pain jutsu if he wants.
8 Shuriken shadow bunshin no jutsu(used twice, once in Zabuzza and in Pain arc)
9. Bunshin bind no jutsu.(yeah its a variation of the genius shadow bind)
10. Combo water pistol no jutsu(yeah I almost forgot about this weird tech)

Rasengan, rasen-shuriken, sage art, frog kumite are just some of the most powerful technique he possesses.

Additional: Naruto has grown alot. Especially after attaining Sage mode.
His coolness, I would rate to be close to the lvl of Kabuto.. and perhaps Sasuke.
For one thing, we know Naruto has been known to not back down from any fight, and doesnt seem to have the intelligence to retreat from a fight. That changed when he saved the (once again useless) Sakura from being killed by Sasuke, and then subsequently note that he shouldnt fight Sasuke at that point in time.

I secretly/openly like Kabuto because I think he is secretly the ultimate bad boss. I secretly like Sasuke because I think he is secretly the ultimate good guy(much like Itachi)

Sam98034
Thu, 06-17-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm confused how you can secretly/openly like something. But good point on his jutsu, although some of them are jokes. I just wish he had more like the 3rd did in his fight against Oro--high-level elemental attacks (I know he has the wind one).

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-17-2010, 02:50 AM
would it kill Kishimonto to have Naruto summon some frogs once in a while?
really, summon some frogs and have them hold down the kyuubi with their tongues while he smacks him with the big rasengan.

depthcharge
Thu, 06-17-2010, 03:19 AM
I'm confused how you can secretly/openly like something. But good point on his jutsu, although some of them are jokes. I just wish he had more like the 3rd did in his fight against Oro--high-level elemental attacks (I know he has the wind one).

Do you die a little whenever you watch Naruto perform his Sexy no Jutsu?

(I actually appreciate the Sexy no Jutsu, lets just say it affects me)

(I had wanted to say secretly, but realised that it would now be openly... so it became openly_)

As far as your desire, Death BOO Z and other's desire, it might come true. Kishimoto might just decide to "invent" the following.

Giant stone frog statue X rock wall replacement summon no jutsu. - Can act as a giant paper weight, hold down your enemy/enemies, block a gigantic attack, dam a river, become a frog shrine, ...

darkshadow
Thu, 06-17-2010, 04:01 AM
SENNIN NO OUGI:

HOKUTO KEN.
Lol that was all I could think of when he did that barrage thing, perhaps the anime will do a little freeze frame thingy ;P.
Pretty cool chapter overall though.

Hmm... "This is the sage of the six paths!" doesn't make much sense. I wonder if that was translated incorrectly? Maybe, "seal of six elements," since his old seal was five elements?

Also, I was expecting that once Naruto gained control of the Kyuubi's chakra, that he and the nine-tails would have a mutual relationship like K-Bee and the Eight-tails, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It appears that the Kyuubi is still locked up and hates Naruto more than ever.

He said "this is the sage of the six paths'....." as in this is that guys technique or chakra or whatever.
Also it would be pretty silly if they became friends, why would something that is pure evil suddenly become good? There is no good side to the Kyuubi.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 06-17-2010, 04:59 AM
I doubt they are now buddies. It's more like he has full control over Kyuubi's chakra without the risk of getting taken over by it. I think his..."Sage Cloak" will only happen when he is in Sage mode AND using the Kyuubi cloak.

Janusz
Thu, 06-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Anyone in hand-to-hand will easily lose to Naruto. That much was pretty much established when he fought Pain. Naruto pulled off that broke-ass more + bigger rasengan attack even without the Kyubi's chakra. I imagine now he'll be able to create a rasengan the size of a planet.

Hmm, a big ball of energy the size of a planet, now where have I seen that before...

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Also it would be pretty silly if they became friends, why would something that is pure evil suddenly become good? There is no good side to the Kyuubi.

the same discussion, as we've been having for quite some time now.

my argument: Kyuubi has to befriend Naruto. it was set in stone (for me) the moment Jiraya through him off the cliff and they had that 'talk' between them (chapter 92?).

Gaara and the rest of the jinchuushinsinkiristiklitishki are another 'evidence' for it. KillerBee especially, if they can get to friendly terms with their beasts, then ninja-jesus Naruto has to be able to do so.

the fact that Madara was said to be the one responsible for getting the kyuubi to attack the village cements it.
I'm not saying that Kyuubi is a good guy, or even half decent, he's a dick. but so are Sasuke and Neji, and no body said that they can't be fixed into being naruto's friends.

I would have believed that Kyuubi can be evil, if the series continued it's original premise, with naruto as the only demon seal, and the energy simply leaking between them.
If naruto won't be getting along with the demon, then it's just slavery, between two sentient beings (evil or not, the kyuubi is a person), and that's more horrible than any ninja-war of hatred and revenge that naruto wants to stop.

your argument is that the Kyuubi is EVIL. like the devil or something. and that he corrupts whatever he touches.

I'm posed against that conviction. I think the kyuubi is mostly angry, pissed, and brainwashed.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 06-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Goku was the Sage of the Six paths.

redcat
Thu, 06-17-2010, 12:11 PM
naruto is pretty much goku v2

orange clothes
blonde hair
sage mode / ssj
rasengan / kamehameha
giant rasengan / spirit bomb
kyuubi form / giant ape form
mostly brute force tactics with small doses of strategy

Archangel
Thu, 06-17-2010, 12:26 PM
naruto is pretty much goku v2

orange clothes
blonde hair
sage mode / ssj
rasengan / kamehameha
giant rasengan / spirit bomb
kyuubi form / giant ape form
mostly brute force tactics with small doses of strategy

DBZ references - Fucking stop it, you morons! I'm sick and tired of hearing about how many similarities you found on each episode. Nobody cares and everyone knows that Toriyama is Kishimoto's idol
STOP DOING THIS!! (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=10335)

Yes I know, we all know, lets drop it.

redcat
Thu, 06-17-2010, 12:37 PM
u mad bro?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 06-17-2010, 01:25 PM
If we stop the DBZ references there would nothing worthy to talk about in Naruto. Or hyperbolic time chamber Bleach for that matter.

Archangel
Thu, 06-17-2010, 01:34 PM
If we stop the DBZ references there would nothing worthy to talk about in Naruto. Or hyperbolic time chamber Bleach for that matter.
That's different, it's an unspoken rule that the bleach manga threads are not for discussion but for trolling and witty humor

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-17-2010, 02:41 PM
u mad bro?

you haven't said anything new, that's the problem.

if, for example, Naruto were to meet a best friend who's short and bald and has six dots on his head, then it's DragonballZ reference firing range, that's cool.

but there's nothing relevant to the comparison right now, so calling back to his blonde hair and orange suit, is pretty much useless.

redcat
Thu, 06-17-2010, 03:41 PM
you haven't said anything new, that's the problem.

im not here for your entertainment

Whistling
Thu, 06-17-2010, 05:30 PM
If Kushina was the previous jinkuuri, it could make sense that Naruto only received half of the Kyuubi's chakra, and not all of it.

Hypothesis:

Once the Kyuubi had been subdued and sealed by Minato; did Madara warp away or try to continue the fight? If Madara stayed, Minato may have needed to use the remaining half of the Kyuubi's chakra to overwhelm Madara and force him to retreat. Minato was always a step behind like he mentioned to Naruto, so an overwhelming tactic may have been his only option. And I think he could have used the Kyuubi's chakra from Kushina because she said he was able to use her chakra to form the seal, why not as well for a attack style jutsu?

UChessmaster
Thu, 06-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Can`t wait for sage arts non stop gargantuan fuuton rasenshuriken barrage.

A bit dissapointed though, i was hoping Naruto would develop a relation with the Kyuubi like Bee and Hachibi, oh well, Naruto will probably bond with the Kyuubi later on if the last pages are any indication.

im not here for your entertainment

You`re not here to troll either, yet you`re doing a bang up job at it.

Edit: Wow i didn`t noticed, but next week is Naruto`s 500 chapter, let`s hope Kishi does something special. :)

Pandadice
Thu, 06-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Edit: Wow i didn`t noticed, but next week is Naruto`s 500 chapter, let`s hope Kishi does something special. :)

No chapter next week.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8174/shrug.gif

UChessmaster
Thu, 06-17-2010, 10:16 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8174/shrug.gif

Funny that i had that in mind when i was editing but still managed to fail.

Assertn
Thu, 06-17-2010, 10:26 PM
That's different, it's an unspoken rule that the bleach manga threads are not for discussion but for trolling and witty humor

Is that much different here?
Eye seem to recall an arm of this series that saw some comedic facepalming not too long ago.

depthcharge
Thu, 06-17-2010, 10:38 PM
The plot where Kushina actually played a part in re-sealing Kyubi in Naruto, does feel like a face palm to me. I am reminded that she is dead, its one thing that she can start talking to Naruto. Totally on another level when she start to kick the kyubi in the nuts.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 06-18-2010, 01:28 AM
I think that it is going to be ok. I mean she die leaving Naruto an orphan. Why wouldn't it be linked?

Sam98034
Fri, 06-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Eye seem to recall an arm of this series that saw some comedic facepalming not too long ago.

Ha, I love it! Danzo's Sharingan arm thread was a very good one, but we were just going for funny puns there. We were making fun of Kishi's fetish for the Sharingan, not the fact that he's just making crap up. With Bleach, we are seriously just trying to insult Kubo. Seriously...a Hyperbolic Lame Corridor where time stops so they can train...oh wait, not anymore, it just goes slower. When matters of fact change from one chapter to the next, it really shows how much thought Kubo puts into it.

UChessmaster
Fri, 06-18-2010, 09:06 AM

The thing is as you said, is only an arm of the series, the fight itself was nice and most of the series is not laughable, in bleach`s case is everything after hueco mundo that`s a joke.

Note: wow, bleach suckiness reached the naruto forums.

Assertn
Fri, 06-18-2010, 02:16 PM
How about Pain's "resurrect everyone that ever died" jutsu?
Except Jiraiya, of course, since he's old.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
That's why he said "most."

I feel bad for the viewers in the anime forum who have enjoyed a good fight thus far. The ending is remarkably shonen.

redcat
Fri, 06-18-2010, 04:11 PM
lol yeah its gonna be epic over there when he revives everyone

so funny

Assertn
Fri, 06-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Only Kishimoto could be such a dick as to give a character a very meaningful and insightful death, only to cheapen it by bringing him back to life at the end of the same arc.

And then do it 4 more times.

The only thing worse than that is knowing that each character that experiences this will become utterly worthless for the remainder of the series.

poopdeville
Fri, 06-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Only Kishimoto could be such a dick as to give a character a very meaningful and insightful death, only to cheapen it by bringing him back to life at the end of the same arc.

And then do it 4 more times.

I think you've forgotten about Oda. The cliche is "Nobody ever dies in One Piece"

Assertn
Fri, 06-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I think you've forgotten about Oda. The cliche is "Nobody ever dies in One Piece"

One Piece is more of a fantasy-style series that isn't meant to have the level of seriousness and drama as Naruto. Besides, characters that don't die in One Piece tend to reappear to contribute to the series in a meaningful way (ie. the ex-Baroque Works guys in Impel Down). When a character has a dramatic (or sometimes not-so-dramatic) death, they stay dead. The only exception I know of to this so far is Pell.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 06-18-2010, 08:28 PM

I know. I actually cared about Chouji's fat ass dying for about 3 minutes.

Archangel
Fri, 06-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Kukukukuku

Showtimedr
Sat, 06-19-2010, 02:05 AM
So now that the fox is under control Naruto should be able to merge with the sage frogs and maintain eternal sage mode. Should help him when he has to fight with shark man

joker-kun
Sat, 06-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Maybe Madara forced the kyuubi out, and it took over Kushina, similair to what happened to Gaara. And perhaps the 4th did have the power to kill the 9- tails but instead sealed it so he didnt have to kill Kushina (and instead seal her in her son). Or its possible giving birth allowed the fox to take over and not Madara.

I like the idea of Naruto being the direct descendant of the sage of six paths. Fuck Sasuke and his eye hacks.

Archangel
Sat, 06-19-2010, 10:49 AM
I just noticed that now that the kyuubi's power and body have been separated a window has been opened allowing Madara to obtain the 10-tails and have Naruto fight it at full power

Sam98034
Sat, 06-19-2010, 10:08 PM
That would be cool if that was the case, but I'm not positive that's how it works. I'm pretty sure that if Naruto and Kyuubi split, Kyuubi would get its chakra back. I think right now Naruto just has control over it--it hasn't become his.

Archangel
Sat, 06-19-2010, 10:11 PM
If that's the case they certainly didn't make it look so

Tyreal
Sat, 06-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I like the idea of Naruto being the direct descendant of the sage of six paths. Fuck Sasuke and his eye hacks.

It's been hinted at previously that Naruto is somehow related to the Senju clan which was (according to what we've been told) descended from the elder son of the Sage of Six Paths. The Uchiha clan was also supposed to be descended from the younger son IIRC.

Personally I also like the idea of Naruto being descended from the Sage of Six Paths/Senju. Although it does kind of go against the message that Naruto (the Manga) has been sending from the start that guts and hard work can overcome fate/destiny, since if Naruto is descended from the Sage of Six Paths then it implies Naruto had a destiny.

Archangel
Sat, 06-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Well poor kishimoto is trying to put so many lessons and morals in the damn manga that things are bound to get confusing at some point

I still don't like it how he gives like 90% of the villains complete redemption using flashbacks

poopdeville
Sat, 06-19-2010, 11:00 PM
And we knew Naruto was the Chosen One (TM) since he beat Pein, who was Jiraiya's first guess of being the Chosen One (TM).

Sidnne
Sun, 06-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Although it does kind of go against the message that Naruto (the Manga) has been sending from the start that guts and hard work can overcome fate/destiny, since if Naruto is descended from the Sage of Six Paths then it implies Naruto had a destiny.

Naruto being the son of the 4th Hokage goes against that message also.

Sam98034
Sun, 06-20-2010, 04:10 AM
It's been hinted at previously that Naruto is somehow related to the Senju clan which was (according to what we've been told) descended from the elder son of the Sage of Six Paths. The Uchiha clan was also supposed to be descended from the younger son IIRC.

I think it's the other way around: Uchiha = Older | Senju = Younger.
He put the younger in charge after his death and the older brother didn't like that so much.

chambers
Sat, 06-26-2010, 03:06 PM
when the eye abilties were first explained wasnt it claimed that hinata/nejis eyes were the purer type?

I would love to see where there abilities fit into this scheme if at all....

Sam98034
Sat, 06-26-2010, 08:23 PM
It's not that the Byakugan have gotten any worse, it's just that the Sharingan keep getting more powerful as the series goes along. They really need some kind of Mangekyu Byakugan if they want to be consistent about it. The Sharingan even seem to be on par with or better than the Rinnegan at this point.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 06-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Nooo not even close to the rinnengan. Sasuke will never bring anyone back to life, and deff not a whole village.

UChessmaster
Sun, 06-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Mangekyu Byakugan would be fantastic, but with so many shit going on, i really doubt Byakugan will be adressed at all for the rest of the manga, i think we`ll get lucky if we even see another Byakugan fight.

Also, operation hype is set in motion already. :)

Sidnne
Mon, 06-28-2010, 01:09 AM
Mangekyu Byakugan would be fantastic, but with so many shit going on, i really doubt Byakugan will be adressed at all for the rest of the manga, i think we`ll get lucky if we even see another Byakugan fight.

Sadly, I think you're right. The Byakugan was supposed to have been this super elite bloodline that must be protected from falling into enemy hands at all costs. But, Kishi never really seemed sure how to live it up to his billing... It never seemed more than a close range combat device early on, and lately has been reduced to a recon/scouting gimmick.

EDIT: I should add, though, that that is what I like most about the Byakugan; Kishi never managed to ruin the Byakugan with insane super powers and evolutions, thus it has remained ninja-esque.

darkshadow
Mon, 06-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Byakugan shouldn't be underestimated though, for 1 they don't need to have eye-contact to fight, so that pretty much stops all sharingan genjutsu, and second Byakugan has pretty much near-mindreading abilities.

Like what Neji did in his fight against Hinata, but I guess Kishi forgot about that.

And then there is ofcourse the whole chakra flow seeing ability, which pretty much means that if Neji gets even a few hits in, you are fucked (unless you have a second chakra pool).

chambers
Mon, 06-28-2010, 01:56 PM
it would be nice if we get to see somone taken down by neji now hes a lot older, and CLEARLY by virtue of being on a level with sasuke/naruto/gaara at the genin trials must now be a strong candidate for being one of the strongest ninja in the village, he was always certainly portrayed as the strongest (IMHO) after naruto and sasuke.

Archangel
Mon, 06-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I'd love to see that too, we didn't get to see nearly enough of Neji during the clone wars

DB_Hunter
Mon, 06-28-2010, 05:10 PM
That was just according to a certain someone's plan.

Sam98034
Tue, 06-29-2010, 02:32 AM
It's still pretty cool though. You still get 360 degree view (except for the small blind spot). That's got to be handy for any ninja. And you also get x-ray vision at times and can see as far as a hawk. I think it's pretty useful, even if you can't kill someone by just looking at them.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 06-29-2010, 02:44 AM
it would be useful, but it can't be.
A. imagine this; Neji runs through the woods, turns up the byakougan, and sees Orochimaru, Itachi, and Madare, so he turns 180* and returns to his village. doesn't sound very exciting, does it?
B.in order for far-view to be useful, Kishi has to know what's coming ahead. I don't think he's completely sure what's the next thing to happen.

Smithyyy
Tue, 06-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I liked the manga last week, fair enough Naruto was using moves that was overly powerful like Sage Art: Super Great Ball Spiralling Large Group Spheres or whatever its called. His fighting the Fox in his mind while sitting down, hes got all the sage chakra he want's, also people saying that he should use Frogs, he can't since his in his own mind.

I belive that Kushina speical chakra was to control the tailed beasts and the Konoha ninja put the fox inside of her for save keeping and just after Naruto was born Madara kidnaped Kushina while she was weak, and extracted the fox right away, then attacked Konoha days after.
Im still not sure why he did it, mabye he dident want Konoha to interfer with his "eye of the moon plan" but his plan failed because Minato sealed the fox inside Naruto therefore weaking Madara's power of destorying the village hes only choise was the retreat, since then Naruto been underguard and Mardara was focusing on getting the other tailed beasts intil now.

Kushina also might be on the family tree of the sage of the six paths, considering Naruto could be the reincarnation of him.

12345p
Tue, 06-29-2010, 06:42 PM
The talk about the Byakugan got me thinking. Since the Byakugan is a type of sharingran, could it possibly be that the Byakugan could read things that the sharingran never could into the plaque hidden by the Uchiha clan under the 7th tatami mat in the clan headquarters? (or wherever the heck it is...)

I say incoming Hinata power-up!

Archangel
Tue, 06-29-2010, 07:52 PM
The talk about the Byakugan got me thinking. Since the Byakugan is a type of sharingran, could it possibly be that the Byakugan could read things that the sharingran never could into the plaque hidden by the Uchiha clan under the 7th tatami mat in the clan headquarters? (or wherever the heck it is...)
... no, no it isn't

poopdeville
Tue, 06-29-2010, 08:37 PM
The talk about the Byakugan got me thinking. Since the Byakugan is a type of sharingran...

It's the other way around. According to Kakashi, the Sharingan descended from the Byakugan. That would mean that the Uchiha is a branch of the Hyuuga family.

But then we have the story of the Sage of the Six Paths, the Uchiha and Senju. Maybe the Sage was a Hyuuga and managed to achieve the perfect Byakugan (i.e. the Rinnegan) way back when. Or maybe that's too specific. Maybe the Sage's older son (or his descendent) founded the Hyuuga, and then the Sharingan evolved from there.

The Hyuuga are supposedly the oldest family in Konoha.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 06-30-2010, 02:16 AM
people are never gonna forget one off-hand comment by some shit grade ninja...
I agree, we need more byakougan, or at least have kishi kill off the connection for real.

chambers
Wed, 06-30-2010, 04:08 PM
i guess its plausible that the oldest brother was a hyuuga, the second a uciha and the third a senju. Even if the byakugan is the strongest this could be for multiple reasons, the fact that its more suited to a longevity and as such allows its user to develop a lot fuller than those that use sharingan. We also know that not everyone has the same ability or skill using sharingan but thus far, although nejis capabilities outstrip hinata, it seems that the byakugan is relativley equal.

Sam98034
Wed, 06-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Chambers has a point, there. We have only been focusing on super strong people with the Sharingan: Itachi, Sasuke, Madara. Those guys are really strong on their own. The average ninja with Sharingan probably isn't as great as the average ninja with Byakugan.

Archangel
Wed, 06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Too bad there are no more average ninjas with the sharingan

animus
Thu, 07-01-2010, 12:03 AM
And it's sad to see that there aren't any super strong Byakugan users worth anything more than just being backdrop in Naruto and Sasuke's love story.