PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 164

Marik
Thu, 06-10-2010, 06:18 AM
[CrunchySubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 164 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=136385) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=136387)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Now this is an episode worth watching. Naruto had some pretty sick moves too, even if they heavily relied on him having a billion times more ammo than other people via his Sage jutsu.

I don't think they'll go down this pathway, but if Naruto got someone to summon him back to the mountain even after he runs out of clones, he can revive as a Sage in no time. That toad oil seems to suggest a very rapid absorption of natural energy, and if Naruto's able to fully master Sage jutsu, he shouldn't have trouble maintaining control of that.

It also seems like the only reason Pain changed from Pusher to Summoner to fight Jiraiya was to keep his village intact.

Katsuya skit was pretty funny.

PS: Did Jiraiya or anybody ever redo Naruto's seal, or has it been left as it is all along? They mentioned yonks ago that his seal's weakening and that the Kyuubi's chakra is more readily leaking out. It's particularly worse when Naruto's pissed.. and I wouldn't imagine someone being more pissed then having everything he cared for blown away while he was gone.

Or has stillness-training finally taught him some self-control? As awesome as that is (no more "mass shadow clone rushes" simply because he's pissed), it'll get a little boring if he never fires up again since this is, after all, shounen.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 06-10-2010, 09:44 AM
PS: Did Jiraiya or anybody ever redo Naruto's seal, or has it been left as it is all along? They mentioned yonks ago that his seal's weakening and that the Kyuubi's chakra is more readily leaking out. It's particularly worse when Naruto's pissed.. and I wouldn't imagine someone being more pissed then having everything he cared for blown away while he was gone.

Oro put a odd numbered seal over the original even numbered one which was unbalancing things for a while but did seem to stop the leak, but that got removed. But as far as I can recall, no one ever shored up the original seal other then Oro's attempt. But I seem to remember at some point them talking about how the seal leak might have been intentional on the 4th's part to allow Naruto to use the nine-tail's power. In which case it might not be 'fixing' it to close the leak.

And yeah, really fun ep. Ok tactics for naruto too on that last attack.

antiravage
Thu, 06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Gamabunta and the other toads looked like midgets. WTF.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Huh? Pain was dancing all over them. Certainly they can't be midgets..

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
So much awesomeness!!

Strategies are back! Yaaaaaaay!

Naruto's method of replanishing his Sage chakra is a little more unwieldy that I'd hoped. It's a bit of a weakness that he has to summon his Clones back before he can dispel them. If he had some other method of communicating with them, he should be able to dispel them without summoning them first.

It's also awesome to see that in Sage mode Naruto can FINALLY do one handed Rasengans. And not just one, but two at a time.

4 down, 2 to go. And he's got an entire Sage mode left in the waiting. It's looking pretty good so far.

Seriously, the rest of Konoha must feel like a bunch of chumps right now.

My only complaint is they didn't show the aftermath of what that Rasenshuriken did to that one Pain. Did he get disintegrated or what?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 06-10-2010, 04:16 PM
finally an episode I can watch more than once again.

antiravage
Thu, 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM
My only complaint is they didn't show the aftermath of what that Rasenshuriken did to that one Pain. Did he get disintegrated or what?

It was in the preview for the next episode.

Artris
Thu, 06-10-2010, 11:48 PM
I like how they showed Naruto going out of his way to cover Absorb-Pain's eyes before 'ending' Res-Pain's existence.

The kick-ass was strong with this episode. Strange how Naruto said something like 'even in sage mode my limit is two Rasen-Shurikens' and yet he only used one before calling in his first 'battery'. Inside the frog's mouth he used two rasengans.

Also we still haven't seen him create a rasengan without clones. We've seen him appear with rasengans active, but we have not seen the actual process in that case, right? I'm not convinced he is able to make them without clones. Could also be that, for Naruto, using clones is just more natural when they are already active so there is no reason NOT to use them.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-11-2010, 12:44 AM
I like how they showed Naruto going out of his way to cover Absorb-Pain's eyes before 'ending' Res-Pain's existence.

I loved Res-Pain's face afterwards. It screams "I was soo fucked."

The kick-ass was strong with this episode. Strange how Naruto said something like 'even in sage mode my limit is two Rasen-Shurikens' and yet he only used one before calling in his first 'battery'. Inside the frog's mouth he used two rasengans.

2 Rasen-shuriken's his limit, and I gather that it means he can use two Rasen Shurikens and nothing else. In that case, using up some other high-level jutsus could well deplete his chakra.

From the way things are happening, he should need another recharge now, since as before, he used a Rasen-Shuriken and a Barrage Rasengan.

Azonalanthious
Fri, 06-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Also we still haven't seen him create a rasengan without clones. We've seen him appear with rasengans active, but we have not seen the actual process in that case, right? I'm not convinced he is able to make them without clones. Could also be that, for Naruto, using clones is just more natural when they are already active so there is no reason NOT to use them.

Actually, we have seen him do it without long, long ago - he used a rasengan without clones the very first time he used one. He needed two hands - one to project the chakra and the other to do the spinning, but didn't need a clone. The first time he used a clone was the fight with Kabuto, when he caught kabuto's knife with one hand, so needed the clone to help make a rasengen in the other. But he's continued to use clones every time since, so it probably is that its just easier/more natural for him to do it that way.

LunaticCat
Fri, 06-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Strategies are back! Yaaaaaaay!
:) That's why I started watching Naruto!
it was the Zabuza-episode were Naruto transformed into a shuriken that made me watch the anime every week.

But back to this ep...
It was so damn cool that I want to see next week's NOW! :mad:

Sam98034
Fri, 06-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Nice episode, but It's not looking to clean on my comp. Anyone know a good vid player to watch these with because some parts went slow for me?

depthcharge
Fri, 06-11-2010, 04:45 AM
I am waiting for horriblesubs. Despite the rave going on by everyone who watched already, i am holding out a bit.

I am a firm believer that Sage mode powerup is one of the few power up that doesnt feel lame.

Edit: horriblesubs is out. dling now.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-11-2010, 07:21 AM
I am waiting for horriblesubs. Despite the rave going on by everyone who watched already, i am holding out a bit.

I am a firm believer that Sage mode powerup is one of the few power up that doesnt feel lame.

Edit: horriblesubs is out. dling now.

For some reason, HorribleSub's 480p torrent was actually a HD one.

depthcharge
Fri, 06-11-2010, 10:03 AM

I think they have a v2 out for 480p. anyway i dled the 720p.

It was funny the gamabunta's smoke pipe stayed in his mouth after he took a tensei shockwave.

Pure gold once again.

Zero Degreez
Fri, 06-11-2010, 10:05 AM

Yes it was an actual higher resolution version, you can tell in the colors and how they are not washed out looking. But for the episode, I'm glad they made the mistake of uploading the HD version because the episode was just awesome.

Nice episode, but It's not looking to clean on my comp. Anyone know a good vid player to watch these with because some parts went slow for me?

Depends on the sheer processing power of your PC, dual core is entry level but if you can step it up to quad core. Oh as far as players go, I run all my MKV files through VLC, it'll play dam near anything. And if you have a droid phone, it's possible to use the phone as a http-wifi remote. I can start VLC up in my driveway as soon as I get back from work and have whatever file I choose to play ready and going by the time I get to my living room. If any of you have a big flat panel television, hook the PC up to it and enjoy the amazing quality like never before.

If you remember back when Jiraiya and Naruto were at the hot springs, Gamikichi and Gamatatsu join them and knocked all of the water out of the pool and then later they came back as smaller versions of themselves. From that I gather that they are able to change their size depending on the situation and location.

LunaticCat
Fri, 06-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Depends on the sheer processing power of your PC
sorry, but graphic board/chip is more important for watching videos. RAM schould be big if you want to see vids (in HD). CPU clock speed isn't everything.

Archangel
Fri, 06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Why aren't any of these latest episodes using the good animation teams? Don't tell me they burned through the budget with kakashi's death episode...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Yes it was an actual higher resolution version, you can tell in the colors and how they are not washed out looking. But for the episode, I'm glad they made the mistake of uploading the HD version because the episode was just awesome.

Hah, yeah, they may well have done it on purpose now that I think about it.

Depends on the sheer processing power of your PC, dual core is entry level but if you can step it up to quad core. Oh as far as players go, I run all my MKV files through VLC, it'll play dam near anything. And if you have a droid phone, it's possible to use the phone as a http-wifi remote. I can start VLC up in my driveway as soon as I get back from work and have whatever file I choose to play ready and going by the time I get to my living room. If any of you have a big flat panel television, hook the PC up to it and enjoy the amazing quality like never before.

You don't need a quad-core to play HD. An E6600 (2.4GHz C2D) plays Avatar in 1080p with 60-70% CPU usage.

sorry, but graphic board/chip is more important for watching videos. RAM schould be big if you want to see vids (in HD). CPU clock speed isn't everything.

CPU clock speed isn't everything, more like the clock+architecture. Graphics cards only help in reducing CPU load during video playback if you use compatible software.

As for RAM, FULL-HD Avatar played using MPC and codecs from the latest CCCP build uses <200MB of RAM.

My firefox uses more.

Penner
Fri, 06-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Now this was a sweet fucking ep. and im totally diggin Naruto's new look, HUGE improvement.

arondruiz
Fri, 06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Why aren't any of these latest episodes using the good animation teams? Don't tell me they burned through the budget with kakashi's death episode...

You must've missed what I said in the 163 thread, they're basically blowing everything on episodes 166 and 167. So expect awesomeness after next week.

If you want references as to what the episodes will look like, 166 will be similar to 82 (the mourning episode that was dedicated to Shikamaru) and 167 is being done by the director who did Sasuke vs Naruto(133) in part 1.

Archangel
Fri, 06-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Oh... fuck yeah!

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 06-11-2010, 07:20 PM

As happy as I was to see this animated, you're right. This, to me, is THE most epic fight in the series. Something tells me they'll be back later in this arc, which unfortunately I don't think has as many awesome moments as what we just saw. Meh :-(

Mugen
Sat, 06-12-2010, 11:37 PM
You must've missed what I said in the 163 thread, they're basically blowing everything on episodes 166 and 167. So expect awesomeness after next week.

If you want references as to what the episodes will look like, 166 will be similar to 82 (the mourning episode that was dedicated to Shikamaru) and 167 is being done by the director who did Sasuke vs Naruto(133) in part 1.

are you talking about the epic waterfall fight?!???? :D

To Young
Sun, 06-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Can someone list / describe Each of pains bodies. And their abilities?

And which bodies/ Abilities have been killed so far?

Thanks.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Can someone list / describe Each of pains bodies. And their abilities?

And which bodies/ Abilities have been killed so far?

Thanks.

@Darth: Each of the Pain bodies supposedly represents and is referred to as one of the six domains of the desire realm from Bhuddism. Tendo is Japanese for the 'God' realm and refers to the Pein body with the push/pull power. (Pushes & Pulls - cooldown is proportional to power - minimum of 5 seconds.

The other domain body pairs are:
- Asura (demigod) domain -> Puppet looking guy (blades/rockets)
- Hell domain -> Guy who summons the giant tongue stealer head thing(resurrects bodies, detects/kills liars
- Animal domain -> Summoner (summons beasts)
- Human domain -> Closed eye soul stealer (reads memories, steals souls)
- Hungry Ghost domain -> Absorber(absorbs ninjutsu)

Absorber Pain and Push/Pull Pain are left standing.

arondruiz
Sun, 06-13-2010, 10:09 PM
are you talking about the epic waterfall fight?!???? :D

yeah, I doubt it will have the same budget as that episode but either way it should be amazing.