PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 588

Marik
Wed, 06-09-2010, 02:07 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/73205842/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/OnePiece_588.zip)

No chapter next week.

Archangel
Wed, 06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
No body, no death, calling it right now

Death13a
Wed, 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Oda sure knows how to make a character. Out of two bothers Ace already lost one, their now way would he allow Luffy to die. Rogger or Whitebeard didn't show their back to enemy only because their backs were always facing their friends/family. Luffy lacks what Rogger, Whitebeard and Ace had, because he trusts his nakama's power too much; it's not like they didn't trust their but they were worried that unless they wipe out all enemies something might happpen to their friends.

Archangel
Wed, 06-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Luffy lacks what Rogger, Whitebeard and Ace had, because he trusts his nakama's power too much; it's not like they didn't trust their but they were worried that unless they wipe out all enemies something might happpen to their friends.
Are you kidding?

Usopp himself has already brought up that Luffy is overexerting himself way too much lately and, as Luffy mentioned in his fight against Blueno, it's all so he can have the power to protect the people who are important to him

Splash!
Wed, 06-09-2010, 03:14 PM
No body, no death, calling it right now

I concur. Wasn't Sabo supposed to be as strong as Ace at that age? I just dont buy that he died that easily. His whole meeting with Dragon would be pointless otherwise, and Oda doesnt do pointless.

If an abandoned hat is all it took to signify one's death, then Ace should have been dead after his fight with Blackbeard.

Assertn
Wed, 06-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Doesn't matter how strong Sabo is. He's on a fishing boat out in sea. Not much he could do there. Besides, his hat was left behind. Whenever a character's hat is left behind, that means they are either dead or will soon die. Kids in One Piece flashbacks die easily. Remember Zoro's friend who died from falling down the stairs?

Also I think the flashbacks are over now.

I am curious to see how this all plays out in the present storyline, though. Sabo seems to serve no other purpose than to strengthen the bond between Ace and Luffy, as well as to drill in the theme of "changing the world." That in itself carries quite a bit of weight, but it still seems weird to imagine Luffy having someone else that he considered as much of a brother as Ace, considering the only other reference to Sabo was when Ace was dying and says, "that Sabo thing."

Archangel
Fri, 06-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Well moving on from that, I've recently been enjoying these chapters less and less not because they're bad by themselves but because i'm looking so forward to seeing the crew getting back together, the new Luffy and this apparent time skip that Oda seems to have mentioned

And now a break for next week... anyone else thinking this might just be Oda buying some time to finish his designs on a new timeskipped strawhat crew? Meh, maybe i'm just thinking too much...

UChessmaster
Fri, 06-11-2010, 10:41 AM
I`m pretty sure the new character design (if there really is a timeskip) is already done, this free week is only because this arc is officially done imo.

Archangel
Fri, 06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I`m pretty sure the new character design (if there really is a timeskip) is already done, this free week is only because this arc is officially done imo.
The anime is pretty much confirming it by strongly implying that all members of the crew are going to take quite a long time to make it back to Saobody again

depthcharge
Thu, 06-17-2010, 01:25 AM
I hope they take a long time to get back to Saobondy, and in the process get the much needed powerups.

poopdeville
Fri, 06-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah, it would be pretty sweet if Ussop came back as a famous pirate captain.