PDA

View Full Version : TV: Tosh.0

Animeniax
Sat, 06-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Does anyone else watch this show? It's f*cking hilarious!!! It's kind of like Talk Soup on E! back when reality shows were popular, but Tosh.0 shows clips from the internet and makes fun of them or let's the people in the video try to explain themselves, all while they are being ridiculed by the host. Everyone should check it out. It's on Comedy Central.

XanBcoo
Sat, 06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I actually hated this show before it even aired. All the tv spots and promos were horrible and unfunny.

And then I watched the damn thing and fell in love. Daniel Tosh's style of comedy was surprisingly funny and the "Web Redemption" bits are really well done and entertaining.

I even catch myself watching viral videos and hoping desperately that they'll wind up on the show and I can hear what the people in them have to say.

Animeniax
Sat, 06-05-2010, 10:39 PM
I thought I'd hate the show because in real life I hate quippy smartasses who make snippy little remarks, but this show is great, and really the people in the videos deserve ridicule for making videos for their a-hole friends to post online.

Tosh is self-deprecating and does some goofy stuff himself so it makes him likable.

Sapphire
Sun, 06-06-2010, 04:56 AM
This is so impossibly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HrKRdIva-M&feature=related) funny. DLing season one now.

Animeniax
Sun, 06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
I wonder how much of Tosh's comments are scripted/written and how much he's winging it on the fly. If he reads it from a teleprompter, that's impressive reading ability and timing.

XanBcoo
Sun, 06-06-2010, 12:37 PM
His comments are very similar to his stand up routines, so at the very least I assume that most of the material from the show is written by him.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 06-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Where can I find eps for download online?

Animeniax
Sun, 06-13-2010, 08:24 PM
They're constantly showing reruns of older episodes on Comedy Central, so you can find them there on TV or online at comedycentral.com.

Sapphire
Mon, 06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
His stand up on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxEZ4Eg0Yp8&feature=channel) is very lulzy too.

XanBcoo
Thu, 06-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Yesterday's episode was good. I liked that they fit in 2 interviews (the gay guy and the psyched-up little girl).

I also thought it was funny that they couldn't play "In the Air Tonight" during the titty-drumming video. Licensing issues I guess.

Sapphire
Fri, 06-18-2010, 02:59 AM
I downloaded Tosh's stand up, Completely Serious, and I have to say that he's totally hilarious. The dude is sort of a lecher, though, he hits on any and every woman possible. And in some instances you can tell he's trying to be funny to seduce the girl rather than the audience.