PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 163

Marik
Thu, 06-03-2010, 06:23 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 163 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=134888) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=134887)

LunaticCat
Thu, 06-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Best Episode ever ;-)
Hope the next one will be great, too.

redcat
Thu, 06-03-2010, 08:24 AM
nice to see naruto being competent for once

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Best Episode ever ;-)
Hope the next one will be great, too.

I disagree.

Best 6 mins ever (~14:00 - 20:00), with our funny gag, but to dilute that over an entire episode makes it pretty good, but not great.

Honestly, that's the most painful 14 minutes ever. Worse than filler because you know awesome shit's right around the corner.

LunaticCat
Thu, 06-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Best 6 mins ever (~14:00 - 20:00), with our funny gag, but to dilute that over an entire episode makes it pretty good, but not great.

actually, i totaly forgot about the firs part after Naruto crushed in - wich makes ist "the best episode ever" with a ;) next to it (if you know what i mean)

Worse than filler because you know awesome shit's right around the corner.
I have to disagree here - getting exited is nice, its like christmas or something.

Penner
Thu, 06-03-2010, 09:32 AM
The actual fighting part was indeed awesome, plus a little guest appearance by the Ahou-bird!

Artris
Thu, 06-03-2010, 09:39 AM
The whole 'since I've mastered nature energy I can detect chakra bit' was OK, except the fact that Naruto never saw Kakashi *after* he 'mastered' it. I suppose we are to believe that he can just tell what kind of chakra Kakashi has, or this whole time he has been subconsciously aware of everyone's chakra?

Other than that, nice to see him kicking ass for once. Finally he turned his wind shuriken into an actual shuriken. He should be able to use that even without Sage mode, I hope.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-03-2010, 09:47 AM
The whole 'since I've mastered nature energy I can detect chakra bit' was OK, except the fact that Naruto never saw Kakashi *after* he 'mastered' it. I suppose we are to believe that he can just tell what kind of chakra Kakashi has, or this whole time he has been subconsciously aware of everyone's chakra?

Other than that, nice to see him kicking ass for once. Finally he turned his wind shuriken into an actual shuriken. He should be able to use that even without Sage mode, I hope.

He's probably aware of everybody's chakra. It's just that normally you wouldn't detect them from a mile away unless you've got some special detection skills.

Rasen-Shuriken should be unthrowable without Sage Mode. Naruto has to actively contain the normal rasengan so it's not released till impact. The addition of surrounding Natural energy likely maintains that containment between the time it takes to get from Naruto's hand to the target.

I have to disagree here - getting exited is nice, its like christmas or something.

But unlike Naruto, you know exactly when Christmas will happen.

edit: and if you're on the Naughty List, it simply won't happen ;)

ASSpirine
Thu, 06-03-2010, 10:15 AM
It's an ok episode, the first part of the episode was made just to end with a "cliffhanger". The moment that Naruto p0wned that Pain was fantastic, didn't saw it coming actually

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-03-2010, 04:00 PM
RAAAAAAA!!!! WORST CLIFFHANGER EVER!!!

Quite translation question.

Is Tendo the Almighty Push justsu, or is that the name of the puppet Pain?

Kraco
Thu, 06-03-2010, 04:16 PM
I liked this episode, despite the fact it felt like they wasted a bit of time before and after to get the cliffhanger just right. It's so nice to watch Naruto episodes knowing you are going to enjoy them...

The Pain zombies now seem indeed weakened. Still, you can hardly say Naruto's timing was perfect considering he arrived after the whole village was demolished even if it helps with his fight against Pain.

So, Hinata was in Konoha, but we never saw her fight? Someone capable of disrupting chakra flow fighting against someone remote controlled by a chakra flow could have been interesting. Although a Pain zombie might have been too much out of her league in any case so maybe it was better this way.

Yukimura
Thu, 06-03-2010, 04:22 PM
@Darth: Each of the Pain bodies supposedly represents and is referred to as one of the six domains of the desire realm from Bhuddism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desire_realm). Tendo is Japanese for the 'God' realm and refers to the Pein body with the push/pull power.

The other domain body pairs are:
- Asura (demigod) domain -> Puppet looking guy
- Hell domain -> Guy who summons the giant tongue stealer head thing
- Animal domain -> Summoner
- Human domain -> Closed eye soul stealer
- Hungry Ghost domain -> Absorber

redcat
Thu, 06-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Is Tendo the Almighty Push justsu, or is that the name of the puppet Pain?
not sure what his name is, but Almighty Push is "shinra tensei"

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Tendo's kanji should be (天道), lit. Way of the Heavens.

I believe Yuki's correct.

I have my doubts about how directly (loosely) Shinra Tensei translates to Almighty Push.

Asakura50
Thu, 06-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Just watched the episode and Im a little disappointed. Action sequences was cheesy at best could have been more crisp like Itachi vs Sasuke...that was done great...Although the episode was good...I thought a little more work could have been done better...

ASSpirine
Thu, 06-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Just watched the episode and Im a little disappointed. Action sequences was cheesy at best could have been more crisp like Itachi vs Sasuke...that was done great...Although the episode was good...I thought a little more work could have been done better...

Hope they get the good stuff for the huge battle between him and Pain. And the inevitable background story of him and Konan. Can't wait.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm also wondering why he can throw Rasenshuriken now. Is it just because he's be able to train it more because Sage Jutsu lets him use it without ruining his arm, or does Sage Jutsu itself allow him to throw it?

If it's the latter, why exactly does it do that? Does having a bunch of Nature chakra just give it the energy it needs to be sustained over a distance?

Anyway, kinda surprised he pulled out his "new ultimate technique" so soon into this fight. Unless the thing takes out a bunch of Pains it's probably a bad idea.

Tendo's kanji should be (天道), lit. Way of the Heavens.

I believe Yuki's correct.

I have my doubts about how directly (loosely) Shinra Tensei translates to Almighty Push.Basically, what I'm asking is, when Pain says "Tendo's power won't return for quite some time.", is he talking about his ability to repair the puppet Pain again, or is he talking about his Almighty Push jutsu.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 06-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm also wondering why he can throw Rasenshuriken now. Is it just because he's be able to train it more because Sage Jutsu lets him use it without ruining his arm, or does Sage Jutsu itself allow him to throw it?

If it's the latter, why exactly does it do that? Does having a bunch of Nature chakra just give it the energy it needs to be sustained over a distance?

My guess would be that because nature chakra is drawn from all over, it can be drawn in to sustain containment even after the Rasenshuriken leaves his hand, unlike when he uses his regular chakra which needs the channel of his hand to flow from his body. Which in turn would let him use it without damaging his arm because the channel it was backlashing down to do damage is no longer there (or if it was simply an effect of being nearby when the power was release, he no longer has to be near).

Another posibility is that it really is just the amount of extra chakra avaliable - when he was initially learning Rasengen way back when, he was told he needed to put his full strength into the rotation while also putting his full strength into containment - since in sage mode he is running at full strength + some it may simply be that he can use that to boost containment beyond what he could normally do, allowing it to be maintained for a limited time after leaving his hand - he puts the same amount of power into rotation, which provides the strength, but a higher relative amount into containment.

Kraco
Fri, 06-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Anyway, kinda surprised he pulled out his "new ultimate technique" so soon into this fight. Unless the thing takes out a bunch of Pains it's probably a bad idea.

Despite achieving the sage mode, it's still Naruto we are talking about. He's not a famous thinker and tactician. But if it ends up taking out a couple of Pains, then it was also a good tactical decision. In the end you should always attack with enough force to defeat the enemy, unless it's a special situation like a diversion.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 06-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Despite achieving the sage mode, it's still Naruto we are talking about. He's not a famous thinker and tactician. But if it ends up taking out a couple of Pains, then it was also a good tactical decision. In the end you should always attack with enough force to defeat the enemy, unless it's a special situation like a diversion.

Normally I would agree that Naruto isn't much of a thinker or tactician. But he did well the last time he went up against the Akatsuki. And even now he has the others to help him and guide him.

Sam98034
Fri, 06-04-2010, 04:23 AM
Basically, what I'm asking is, when Pain says "Tendo's power won't return for quite some time.", is he talking about his ability to repair the puppet Pain again, or is he talking about his Almighty Push jutsu.

I think he's talking about the jutsu, or at least some aspect of it. I figure this is the case because he had all the other Pains jump out in front of god mode Pain as if to protect him.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-04-2010, 08:00 AM

The Nature chakra allows him to contain the Rasengan until it hits.

Basically, what I'm asking is, when Pain says "Tendo's power won't return for quite some time.", is he talking about his ability to repair the puppet Pain again, or is he talking about his Almighty Push jutsu.

He's talking about Almighty Push. Tendo is basically the "name" of the Yahiko-Pain. That Pain can't use any of his powers for some time, and it so happens his only Power is Almight Push.

Continuing the RasenShuriken talk, the Nature chakra allows him to throw it, so he does, avoiding any damage to his arm. If sustaining the jutsu caused damage, he would have found out during training already.

It's the fact that he's detonating a hand-grenade at point blank that inflicts weaker, but definite, damage to himself.
Now that he can throw it, the problem's solved, only now it actually has a minimum range.

depthcharge
Fri, 06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
for 20 seconds of "Please Naruto come back"

Sakura needs to die now!!!!

Apart from that 20 seconds, pretty much every other second is gold.

LunaticCat
Fri, 06-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Continuing the RasenShuriken talk, the Nature chakra allows him to throw it, so he does, avoiding any damage to his arm. If sustaining the jutsu caused damage, he would have found out during training already.
(...)
Now that he can throw it, the problem's solved, only now it actually has a minimum range.

that's what I thought, too. It seems to be the most plausile explanation

KrayZ33
Fri, 06-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh wow..I did just watch this episode.. too bad it ended exactly when it was about to get fun

I couldn't stop laughing when Tsunade told Naruto to take Katsuyu with him
it was like:
"It's dangerous to go alone, take this" *hands over a pile of mucus*

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Apart from that 20 seconds, pretty much every other second is gold.

Including the first 840s?

arondruiz
Mon, 06-07-2010, 02:43 PM

They'll make up for it, episodes 166 and 167 are confirmed to be done by Naruto's best possible staff. I'm sure people remember most of these episodes:

166 is being done by Hirofumi Suzuki, who did episodes
17&19 in part 1 (If you remember a Zabuza episode being awesome, it was these)
48 in part 1 (Lee vs Gaara)
82/85 in part 2 (Those Shikarmaru/H&K episodes)
123 in part 2 (Sasuke vs Deidara)

167 is being done by Atsushi Wakabayashi, who did episodes
30 in part 1 (Sasuke vs Orochimaru in the forest of death)
71 in part 1 (Third Hokage vs Orochimaru&First/Second Hokage)
133 in part 1 (the legendary Sasuke vs Naruto episode)

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 06-07-2010, 03:24 PM
thats too much! no actually its about perfect timing. Wish they'd make it into a double episode. Without skipping a week of course.