PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 497

Marik
Wed, 06-02-2010, 05:59 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/69878488/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/Naruto_497.zip)

Archangel
Wed, 06-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Lol, naruto has his whole freakin family inside of him

Marik
Wed, 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Indeed, his body is pretty overcrowded.

The Kyuubi, Kushina, Minato, Dark Naruto, Itachi's Crow, & the Frog with the key to his seal are all inside of him.

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Kushina!!!!!!!

I must admit I liked the chapter. I loved how Kyuubi attacked him at first... how he was RasenShuriken-ed and finally Kushina's appeareance was freaking awesome.

At least for me.

Sidnne
Wed, 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM

Was his mother inside of Naruto? I thought she was inside the fox... I'll have to read it again later.

Whistling
Wed, 06-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I really enjoyed this chapter, especially the last page. I can't wait for Naruto to figure out Kushina's his mom, hopefully he doesn't hit her...

I forgot he had so many entities inside him, talk about having devils and angels on your shoulder, Naruto has an army!

rockmanj
Wed, 06-02-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm with Sidinne; I think maybe Minato sealed a part of Kushina inside the fox (somehow). It would make sense, as he would most likely know how dangerous the Kyuubi is, and remember he had it placed inside of him shortly after birth, meaning that unless his mother died during the act, she was around. Quite the sacrifice for your kid though...both parents dying.

Her fingers look fucked up though!

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 06-02-2010, 07:13 PM
"And you call yourself a Jinchuuruki? You should be ashamed." That made me lol. And seriously, wtf. Naruto might as well be Harry Potter.

redcat
Wed, 06-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Her fingers look fucked up though!
the tips of those 2 fingers are just pressed up against her

Keno
Wed, 06-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Pretty cool chapter. Wasn't expecting this much action crammed into a few pages. Kinda don't like that KB is helping him do what he's supposed to do himself, but oh well. I guess it would be too soon to say Naruto alone can defeat the Kyuubi. That's probably reserved for Sasugay later on.

Did Naruto actually gathered Nature chakra without the need of clones, while in a fight, with Kyuubi nonetheless? Or did I miss something. If he did, that's awesome progress. Hopefully he can already do a quality one handed Rasengan with his own chakra.

Sidnne
Wed, 06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Did Naruto actually gathered Nature chakra without the need of clones, while in a fight, with Kyuubi nonetheless? Or did I miss something. If he did, that's awesome progress. Hopefully he can already do a quality one handed Rasengan with his own chakra.

Naruto isn't physically fighting the Kyuubi, its more of a spiritual battle inside himself. He is able to gather sage chakra because he is sitting still in the room with K-Bee.

redcat
Wed, 06-02-2010, 10:06 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/69878488/8

bottom right panel

I was under the impression he used those clones to use sage mode and stuff

Sidnne
Wed, 06-02-2010, 10:32 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/69878488/8

bottom right panel

I was under the impression he used those clones to use sage mode and stuff

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/69878488/6

Top left panel. His eyes switch to sage mode while he is sitting on the floor with Bee.

rockmanj
Wed, 06-02-2010, 11:01 PM
the tips of those 2 fingers are just pressed up against her

Yea, I know they are, but it still looks a little awkward the way it was drawn.

poopdeville
Thu, 06-03-2010, 01:41 AM
That gargantuan Rasengan is pretty sweet. That's a great move to use in a confined space for assassinations. They Kyuubi's Rasengan Blast made another appearance, too.

darkshadow
Thu, 06-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Pretty awesome chapter, this whole battle looked like naruto trying to catch some legendary pokemon rofl ;P.

But yeah good stuff, more kushina is good too.

Also liked kishi finally used that super rasengan, that was already in one of the games.

Rekeco
Thu, 06-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Haha, wind shuriken rasengan, I love the effect it has after it hits. Looks like it packs a wallop seeing how it pinned down and weakened the 9 tails. Now ... let Naruto hit Sauske with that =P

So, when Naruto wins this battle, he'll have full control over the 9tails and its power? Or do they become buddy buddy like Bee and his inner beast?

Sam98034
Thu, 06-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Did anyone else have a wtf moment on the last page? I'm pretty sure not one person would have predicted that.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-03-2010, 02:12 AM
p.17 "you're only a tiny fragment of my hatred!"
it looks almost as if the 'hatred' isn't the inherent evil of Kyuubi, it's the hatred other people feel towards him. (judging by the speech bubbles).
and it wants to suck Naruto in because misery loves company.

as I said, if he wants Kyuubi, he has to talk to him, I don't see any chance for the demon to have 'a change of heart' if Naruto simply beats him up.

also, I can't believe no one said it before, so i'll call it.
Naruto hugs Kuhina.

(what is she doing there anyway?)

TwisT
Thu, 06-03-2010, 06:34 AM
I believe that at first they where like two equals sharing a body. Kyuubi had full control of his body and Naruto over his. So Naruto couldn't use any of Kyuubi's stuff without permission and Kyuubi couldn't use Naruto's without permission. But that is what this fight will change. Who becomes the master and who becomes the slave.

Gaara wasn't friends with his bijuu but he still had the chakara pool, sand powers, mini-transformation (kyuubi armor) and also the full scale transformation. Granted that Shukaku was weaker then Kyuubi, but that is probably why they could seal Shukaku that way to begin with. Kyuubi was just too strong for that. And that is what is being corrected now. By defeating and weakening Kyuubi and then re-sealing him, they can seal him in a way that Naruto gets all the power.

I also think that if Naruto beats Kyuubi, then he will gain some respect from Kyuubi. He won't be a little weakling anymore. And that might make Kyuubi be more open to actually converse with him. And in time that is what will make them more friendly.

At least thats how i hope it turns out. Seems like the most logical explanation. But then again logic often has no place in a shonen series. Gaara's bijuu powers might be one big plot hole. And Naruto beating Kyuubi might make them BFF's. Who knows.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-03-2010, 09:36 AM
having Kyuubi turn into naruto's friend just because he got beat up.. that seems more like slavery, I know it's shonen formula (Neji, Gaara, and the list should go on), but even then, they did got over some issues in their life as a result.
I'd hate to see a flashback of Kyuubi's abused childhood.

Gaara, plot hole as he may be, did have some sort of snycro with his demon, even if it was since they were both crazy, it was a partnership.
but KillerBee is a better example. the 8-tails shouldn't be significantly weaker then the 9tails, and Bee did go through the same process. Bee and the 8tails seem to be sort of friends, there's no 'ownership' vibe between them. I can't see how that evolves through Killerbee slamming on the demon and hitting him.

I can't see any 'reasonable' (yeah, I know) or 'right' way for this thing to end as simple violence. it's counter-intuitive to the message of the story. Naruto has to start his messiah path by dealing with the kyuubi. he can either talk things out, hugg and promise the demon things will be fine or do something else. wailing on the damage isn't the correct approch here.

Idea: Naruto takes all the kyuubi hatred and says that he'll carry that burden of hate, so the kyuubi is free to his own will.

but that won't happen.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Question... what made Gaara a plothole?

Sam98034
Fri, 06-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Yeah. As far as Gaara, when his tailed beast came out, it was more or less a goofball character, not evil incarnate. The sand and stuff was just the tailed beast protecting itself automatically, while gaara also used some of his own chakra to control the sand as well. I don't believe Gaara was ever tapping into the Bijuu chakra directly, only when he let the Bijuu take over him through transformation.

As far as Kyuubi, I can see how kicking his ass would change things, though. Right now Naruto is just some weakling using the Kyuubi to save his ass. The Kyuubi, of course, doesn't respect him in the least. He's just caged in his body and has to come save the person keeping him prisoner every now and then. What a crappy existence. If they are equally strong, though, it can be a mutually beneficial relationship. Naruto can save the Kyuubi's ass as well. Not only that, Naruto would be free to let the Kyuubi out of its cage more often since the Kyuubi won't run off willy nilly now that Naruto can overtake its influence. Basically, more freedom for Kyuub + less resentment = better attitude.

itadakimasu
Fri, 06-04-2010, 07:54 AM
kyuubi eye vs sharingan... plz no.

Lucifus
Sun, 06-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Am I the only one who completely thought this chapter was ridiculous?

Who the f*ck is the weakling joke of Naruto to take on the Kyuubi one on one for even a few seconds....

And where the hell did he get super duper gigantic sized abilities from?

And then.....Hi mom....wtf...

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-06-2010, 06:21 AM
You are (not) alone.

Sidnne
Sun, 06-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Am I the only one who completely thought this chapter was ridiculous?

Who the f*ck is the weakling joke of Naruto to take on the Kyuubi one on one for even a few seconds....

And where the hell did he get super duper gigantic sized abilities from?

And then.....Hi mom....wtf...

Since when is Naruto a weakling? And why shouldn't he be able to battle the Kyuubi considering its not a physical battle, but a spirit battle INSIDE of Naruto in which only half of the Kyuubi's chakra is sealed? If this is Naruto's world, the Kyuubi is only at half chakra, and it is probably further weakened from having been sealed for the past 17 years, then I don't see any reason why he can't put up a fight with the Kyuubi.

He has done giant rasengans before. This one was just bigger because he used sage mode this time.

You're confused by his mother showing up? That's called a cliffhanger. The explanation comes later. You're supposed to wonder about it until then.

If you think this is ridiculous, then I wouldn't recommend you read Bleach.

Sam98034
Sun, 06-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey, I'm with him as far as ridiculousness. And it shouldn't be just in Naruto's head, it should be both their consciousnesses entangled. Assuming that the Kyuubi can no longer bend Naruto's mind to his will using "hate" to cloud Naruto's mind, I would still say that the 9-tails has an advantage over Naruto mentally.

We, of course, are not assuming that Naruto is taking on the Kyuubi physically, instead, we are assuming that Naruto's mental prowess is going to trump the Kyuubi's. Given the 9-tails age and power, I would say the 9-tails has the edge, mentally.

The only way I see Naruto winning this battle is simply pure stubborness and an unwillingness to bend to the left or to the right, no matter what reasoning or logic you throw at him. Basically, Naruto would rather kill them both (suicide) than have the 9-tails win. Kyuubi is smart enough to know that Naruto is determined (or stupid) enough to do it, so he will probably accept defeat. That's the only way I see Naruto winning a mental battle here.

Sidnne
Sun, 06-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey, I'm with him as far as ridiculousness. And it shouldn't be just in Naruto's head, it should be both their consciousnesses entangled. Assuming that the Kyuubi can no longer bend Naruto's mind to his will using "hate" to cloud Naruto's mind, I would still say that the 9-tails has an advantage over Naruto mentally.

We, of course, are not assuming that Naruto is taking on the Kyuubi physically, instead, we are assuming that Naruto's mental prowess is going to trump the Kyuubi's. Given the 9-tails age and power, I would say the 9-tails has the edge, mentally.

The only way I see Naruto winning this battle is simply pure stubborness and an unwillingness to bend to the left or to the right, no matter what reasoning or logic you throw at him. Basically, Naruto would rather kill them both (suicide) than have the 9-tails win. Kyuubi is smart enough to know that Naruto is determined (or stupid) enough to do it, so he will probably accept defeat. That's the only way I see Naruto winning a mental battle here.

So... you're saying you'll only be satisfied if the manga ends here?

isso
Mon, 06-07-2010, 11:34 AM

Lol, that would be great, next chapter, Naruto dies = story over.

- (Naruto) Now you'll be my biiii-atch Kyubi-kun...

- (Kyobi) Who is this guy?

***Kyubi crushes naruto with his dark chakra blast***

- (Naruto) AAAAAaaaaaa.......

***Blackness.***

Story over.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Meh. Naruto fought and defeated Pain. Naruto is in the top tier of ninja now, whether you enjoyed how he got there or not. None stronger than him remain in his village, possibly not in any of the villages. It's about time he faced off against Kyubi.

Sam98034
Tue, 06-08-2010, 03:59 AM

What do you mean? I simply said that Naruto is fighting the Kyuubi mentally, and the only way I see him winning is through pure stubborness as opposed to Naruto having the superior intellectual dominance. I think it would be a bit unrealistic if Naruto wins because he has an overpowering mind compared to the Kyuubi's, and it would be kind of lame if Naruto wins the battle through Hug No Jutsu. I'm hoping neither are the case, that's all.

depthcharge
Wed, 06-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Meh. Naruto fought and defeated Pain. Naruto is in the top tier of ninja now, whether you enjoyed how he got there or not. None stronger than him remain in his village, possibly not in any of the villages. It's about time he faced off against Kyubi.

You know where the Lee fan clubs are at? They think that Lee is the stronger ninja.

Sam98034
Thu, 06-10-2010, 02:36 AM
Sage Naruto might be as fast as Lee...I don't know. But who do you guys think has more determination, Lee or Naruto?