PDA

View Full Version : Movie: X-Men: First Class

Penner
Thu, 05-27-2010, 09:02 PM
James McAvoy playing young Charles Xavier (http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/05/james-mcavoy-playing-professor-x-in-xmen-first-class.html)

Assassin
Thu, 05-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Yay, another xmen movie! Unlike most people i didnt hate the previous movies, but i do think they could've (and should've) been alot better. Heres hoping this one will be good.

After seeing Iron man, im hoping marvel has learned a thing or two about making good superhero movies.

animus
Thu, 05-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Not a fan of the previous X-Men movies too much, but hopefully this'll be good. I'm a big fan of Magneto, and having more focus on him seems to be good.

Testarossa Autodrive
Fri, 05-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Wolverine spin-off was really the biggest let down thus far. I'm interested in this one and I hope they don't fudge it up like they did for poor Wolvie. :(

Penner
Thu, 07-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Kevin Bacon joins 'X-Men: First Class' (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/15/x-men-first-class-kevin-bacon-joins-the-cast/)

Jennifer Lawrence cast as young Mystique (http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/winters-bone-star-cast-as-mystique-in-xmen-first-class.html)

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 07-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm sick of mystique. They are only bringing her back for the completely subtle reason of having a "naked" "girl" in the film.

itadakimasu
Fri, 07-16-2010, 02:55 PM
I think they should do age of apocalypse as a movie or trilogy.

Assassin
Fri, 08-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Inception dream sequence forces X-Men rewrite (http://blastr.com/2010/08/inceptions-dream-sequence.php)

Penner
Fri, 03-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Three movie posters.

(Click for bigger versions)

647 648 649

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 06-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Was an "okay" movie. This Magneto was tons better than the previous one and I dig the whole Sebastian Shaw and the Hell Fire Club thing but the story felt rushed. So I kinda left wanting more. It's also too bad they continued using previous X-Men material, they should've rebooted like they're doing Spidey and Fantastic Four. But it's enjoyable.

Munsu
Sun, 06-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I thought it was more than an "okay" movie, might have liked it the most out of all the X-Men movies so far. Maybe liked the first one a bit more.

Assassin
Wed, 06-29-2011, 01:27 PM
This was X0Men done right. I absolutely loved this movie. Charles and Erik were perfect, they really managed to show the friendship and struggle between them that was present from the very beginning. The best part was Erik pushing the coin through Shaw's head, while charles could do nothing but keep Shaw frozen. Fucking Epic.

I laughed at the black guy who was forced to eat a laser and explode lol.

Also, i always though Havoc was Scotts little brother?

darkshadow
Wed, 06-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm finding this odd contrast of americans loving this movie, while most ppl I know ( europeans) thought it was "ok" just like killa-eyez said....
I wrote a mini review with my thoughts on it some weeks ago, guess I'll post it here later. And yes havoc was scott's brother.

edit, mini review:

Just saw X-Men: First class

It's been a long time since I was dissapointed with a superhero movie. I guess this is because I actually had high expectations. Big fan of magneto so seeing him lift a submarine in the trailer just raised what I expected sky high, it got me hoping for some badass magneto action and thus even more great stuff from the other mutants. Sadly the action was pretty lackluster; azazel, a supporting character, had the best action scenes while magnus only got to show of his magnetic muscle at the end of the movie...

My biggest gripe was with the CGI, it was just plain lazy and even downright bad at times. There... is this one composite shot that had such a blatant error, that I can't believe that artists missed that.
It wasn't all bad though, the story was good I guess ( if you can look past the rebootness of it) and the casting was good too.

I guess I'm really dissapointed cause my expectations were high and of the lackluster CGI(I'm watching X1 right now and the difference with this 11 year old movie is small.....). It also means somethign if the scene I enjoyed most was a short cameo..

Anyway, overall I still enjoyed it, but it could've been much better...

P.S. no scene after the credits...Lees verder

rockmanj
Sun, 07-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Even though while watching it, I had to suspend my knowledge of X-men canon, it was surprisingly good. I kind of saw it as a love story between Magneto and Professor X. One thing that annoyed me was what happened to Darwin. His power is the ability to survive anything. Like, for instance becoming a death god if need be. Hopefully he makes a comeback in the sequel.

darkshadow
Mon, 07-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure he survived that, he was able to become pure energy before, that's prolly what happened.