PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 162

Marik
Thu, 05-27-2010, 06:34 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 162 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=133313) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=133309)

Penner
Thu, 05-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Well, Konoha just got steamrolled.

But finally the real shit is about to go down!

LunaticCat
Thu, 05-27-2010, 08:37 AM
yeah, well Konoha completely wiped-out was unexpected.

But I LOVE the last scene with Naruto an the Frogs.

Kraco
Thu, 05-27-2010, 08:48 AM
That was some jutsu, for sure. But at least now the Konoha folks don't need to care about protecting their village if they decide to pay their respects to Rain... Since there isn't a village to protect anymore.

It could be Naruto won't find much fight anymore in this Pain zombie if this jutsu was so powerful it even shortens Nagato's lifespan. The dude can't have too much chakra left anymore. Unless his haxor eyes allow him to suck chakra out of his countrymen or something.

arondruiz
Thu, 05-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Finally, a genuinely good episode after like 2 or 3 months of bleh. Nothing to complain about really except for questionable soundtrack choices.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Holy shit! Konoha done blowed up!

What the fucking fuck is going on in this arc?!

Man, are we at Naruto fighting Pain already? I can't believe nobody besides Kakashi and Konohamaru was able to put up a fight against a Pain.

Tohan
Thu, 05-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Nobody else wanted to punch tenten in the face?

Kraco
Thu, 05-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Why? Her position is understandable. The group leader is the forever young Gai plus his first disciple Rock and the remaining member in addition to her is Neji who happens to have a sort of inferiority complex and thus can't allow himself to lose to anybody. It must be hard for a normal person to be in such company. Breaks are likely few and far between.

LunaticCat
Thu, 05-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Nobody else wanted to punch tenten in the face?

I allways want to do that. ;-)

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 05-27-2010, 01:46 PM
For some reason I found myself enjoying this episode more than any of the others in the Pain vs. Konoha bunch, even Kakashi's fight. Maybe it was Tsunade's little back and forth with Shinra Tensei-Pain or it was seeing all my favorite shinobi back in the mix even if they were marvelously worthless against Pain and Konan. Or just aren't back in time for the party......

It was probably just the buildup to the Almighty Nuke, and which of course is then followed by sudden death overtime round of Pain vs. Konoha... is what did it for me. Now THAT is the epitome of a subtle entrance, on a giant toad on top of a colossal toad, subtlety's always been Naruto's specialty right? Quietest one yet.

Seemed like when Pain was talking to Tsunade while taking a dip inside of Shizune (woaah that sounds dirty) he saw how close they were in Shizune's memory and did that just to spite her "arrogance".

Ey LunaticCat.... Are any of the clubs where The Beatles played in the early 60's still alive over there? Is there any like memorial of them or some sort of showing that they had most of their greatest performances on stage in that city?

LunaticCat
Thu, 05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Ey LunaticCat.... Are any of the clubs where The Beatles played in the early 60's still alive over there? Is there any like memorial of them or some sort of showing that they had most of their greatest performances on stage in that city?

i'm not so sure about the first thing - the legendary StarClub does no longer exist - but i dont think thats the only club they used to play in.

but there is a memorial. its called "Beatles-Platz" (Beatles-Sqaure) near Reeperbahn. its not so cool how it should be, but its a nice gesture, i think.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 05-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I do believe that may be the absolute most badass I've ever seen naruto look. I loved the new coat/eyes/scroll thing ever since I saw it in the opening and it looked good here in its first offical appearance. I think this looks like a whole new naruto far more then it did when kakashi first said it, though naruto being naruto I'm sure he'll manage to disappoint me (though in the toad training, it looks like he probably managed to improve his taijutsu a fair bit in addition to everything else, which should help.) Its pretty rare that I'm actually excited and looking forward to the next episode, but I am here.

kmkze04
Thu, 05-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I never thought I'd be able to say this... but thank you to Naruto for rescuing me from the crap that is the current Bleach.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 05-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Anyone have a time machine? I want to see next week's ep...
That Shinra Tensei is one sick move.
I can only hope Naruto will annihalate those Pain clones as if they were nothing.* They deserve to be utterly humiliated. I want to see Pain's real body.

*Sorry for making a DBZ reference, but I'm talking about SSj2 Gohan vs Cell jr. type of pwning.. that would be the best way to show the sweetness that is full Sennin-mode.

The pissed off frogs were really sweet :D

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Pain flying as strange. Whatever happened to his cooldown? Self-propulsion was unlimited?

Anyway, as soon as he floated up in the air, you saw Almighty Nuke coming. I mean, it's all that guy can do, aside from an Almighty Black Hole (NOT the smartest move).

I agree with the comment about Shizune/Tsunade. Since they've discovered Naruto's location they had no reason to continue fighting, as evident with the retreat. It sucks that Tsunade probably won't ever realise she was the cause of her death, and merely think she died in the blast.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Pain flying as strange. Whatever happened to his cooldown? Self-propulsion was unlimited?Maybe it's not related to his push/pull powers.

Maybe it's just like the water walking but he's so fine tuned with his chakra control he can use it on the air.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 05-28-2010, 01:03 AM
I liked when Naruto appeared they used Jiraiya's music.

Sam98034
Fri, 05-28-2010, 02:29 AM
Maybe it's not related to his push/pull powers.

Maybe it's just like the water walking but he's so fine tuned with his chakra control he can use it on the air.

I think it's probably the same move but at a different level. Pushing/pulling probably requires a huge burst of energy, but just levitating isn't that bad. Imagine benching something you can only do 3 reps of then switching to the bar.

TwisT
Fri, 05-28-2010, 02:41 AM
I like when Pain asked if the chakara in their feet was to counter his jutsu, and then said that it was useless when faced by overwhelming power. It kind of felt like he was all like "Oh let me see if you can still stand firm after this one. ^^

The greatest village got decimated in a matter of seconds. I wonder how this will shift the power balance. Will some other big village invade now? Now would be the chance. How strong can they be after this? Even some of the smaller great villages could make their move now.

Kraco
Fri, 05-28-2010, 03:42 AM
That would depend solely on how many Konoha ninjas survived the explosion and remained in any condition to fight soon. But it's naturally true the country's general power level will be deemed lower by others as soon as they hear of this. Yet not all of them would be willing to amass their forces and march out knowing there's an unpredictable entity out there that could decimate even Konoha - and they could be the next victim for all they know. Also the fact Konoha still sports a bijuu hasn't changed. That alone would probably keep any smaller enemies away.

ASSpirine
Fri, 05-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Hmm, we didn't see the underground fortress of solitude of Danzo after the blast. I expect him to have a real bad-ass army that makes ANBU look like a bunch of genin.

Loved the last scene how Naruto entered, on top of a toad that is on top of gamabunta and the two other mega frogs besides Bunta.
In the preview for next week, it seems Naruto learned that Kakashi is dead... (DBZ reference: Gohan goes frantic when he sees that androd 's head is crushed)

And where is Sai?...

Edit:

For the fans (including me)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/Bootlegga225/naruto.gif

DayoftheDante
Fri, 05-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Yet not all of them would be willing to amass their forces and march out knowing there's an unpredictable entity out there that could decimate even Konoha - and they could be the next victim for all they know.

A couple willing ones I could think of would be Sand and Lightning. Sand because their Kazekage owes his life to Konoha now(plus their recent history), and Lightning because they already introduced the current Raikage and Killer Bee, plus some subordinates. Probably the subordinates will report back to HQ if they see the devastation here and maybe we'll see some support from either of those villages later. They have a common enemy in Akatsuki, anyway-Team Hawk was sporting the red cloud robes when they fought Killer Bee, so as far as Lightning is concerned the Killer Bee kidnapping was Akatsuki's fault.

They NAILED Naruto's return, man. I was happy to see it. I stopped reading the manga shortly after this next fight's conclusion, I wanted the aftermath to be a surprise to me.

Archangel
Fri, 05-28-2010, 06:07 AM
H-Bomb no jutsu!

And lol, doesn't anyone in this thread care they just killed off Shizune?

ASSpirine
Fri, 05-28-2010, 06:11 AM
H-Bomb no jutsu!

And lol, doesn't anyone in this thread care they just killed off Shizune?

I think the impact has lessened after they killed of Jiraiya and Kakashi.

Archangel
Fri, 05-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Guess Kishimoto was done with her, but if he keeps killing off useless characters filler writers will have a bit of a problem on their hands

Kraco
Fri, 05-28-2010, 06:48 AM
A couple willing ones I could think of would be Sand and Lightning.

My post was a response to TwisT's post where he speculated if some other country might take this opportunity and invade Fire country... I don't see Sand invading Fire at this point, har har.

Guess Kishimoto was done with her, but if he keeps killing off useless characters filler writers will have a bit of a problem on their hands

Like Pain himself kind of said, a war doesn't feel like a war if people don't die and suffer. But it's the truth that after Kakashi kicked the bucket the death of a secretary is a bit... underwhelming. Especially when that death was followed by a bloody nuclear explosion removing the whole village from the cartographers' list of locations.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-28-2010, 07:21 AM
The greatest village got decimated in a matter of seconds. I wonder how this will shift the power balance. Will some other big village invade now? Now would be the chance. How strong can they be after this? Even some of the smaller great villages could make their move now.

Depends on how good their intel is.

If they only knew of Konoha's destruction, then a few stupid ones might.

If they also knew that Pain's trying to stop war and all that stuff, then invading Konoha only makes deciding the next target easier for our Almighty Pushover.

TNTxTNT
Fri, 05-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Great now Naruto can try to become the Hokage of a giant crater.

Although I recently read about ideas about sealing the oil leak and making canals using nukes. That is, using weapons of war for peaceful purposes. So perhaps there are ninjas out there who use their techniques not to fight but create stuff, like ninja-engineers. Maybe they have some build house (no) jutsu they can just slap together a city with.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Remember when Pain said they were gathering the Bijuu to create weapons that could destroy entire villages?

Why does he need the Bijuu when clearly he can do that already?

Or...is the Almighty Push actually powered by the Bijuu they've captured, and we just saw the Akatsuki's ultimate weapon?

Kraco
Fri, 05-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Konan said this jutsu takes years away from Pain's lifespan. You can't really go around spamming a jutsu like that.

Archangel
Fri, 05-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Konan said this jutsu takes years away from Pain's lifespan. You can't really go around spamming a jutsu like that.
You don't spam nukes, all you have to do is use them once and general fear will take care of the rest

Sam98034
Fri, 05-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Well, he can take out a village like that, but what if there was a Bijuu defending it? A huge tailed beast could possibly jump up and wack him out of the sky. So althought it was possible with Konoha this time, it might not be so easy in a village that has its Bijuu, its Kage (who isn't using all his or her power to heal people), and its other forces.

ASSpirine
Fri, 05-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Well, he can take out a village like that, but what if there was a Bijuu defending it? A huge tailed beast could possibly jump up and wack him out of the sky. So althought it was possible with Konoha this time, it might not be so easy in a village that has its Bijuu, its Kage (who isn't using all his or her power to heal people), and its other forces.

There are no Bijuu's left except the Kyuubi in Naruto. So that's out of the question.
And those who also had a jinchuuriki were easily captured by the other akatsuki members, so I dont think they would have posed a possible threat to Pain.

antiravage
Fri, 05-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Remember when Pain said they were gathering the Bijuu to create weapons that could destroy entire villages?

He said that he would create a weapon that would be able to destroy countries. The magnitude of such a weapon would be much bigger than the one he just used. He wants to spread pain. The bigger the jutsu, the more pain will he cause. And that's what he's after.

There are no Bijuu's left except the Kyuubi in Naruto.

Sasuke failed. The eight-tails jinchuuriki wasn't captured.

ASSpirine
Fri, 05-28-2010, 02:43 PM
He said that he would create a weapon that would be able to destroy countries. The magnitude of such a weapon would be much bigger than the one he just used. He wants to spread pain. The bigger the jutsu, the more pain will he cause. And that's what he's after.

Sasuke failed. The eight-tails jinchuuriki wasn't captured.

To destroy a country means to destroy its economics, its cities etc. I don't think you should take it so literally that the whole country will be vanished.

Forgot about killer bee, I kinda skipped that part

antiravage
Fri, 05-28-2010, 02:55 PM
To destroy a country means to destroy its economics, its cities etc. I don't think you should take it so literally that the whole country will be vanished.

No. He really said that he would make a weapon strong enough that it would lay waste an entire country in an instant.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Well, he can take out a village like that, but what if there was a Bijuu defending it? A huge tailed beast could possibly jump up and wack him out of the sky.That's dumb. There has to be dozens of jutsu you could use to blast someone out of the sky. Or one of the many hugeass summons they've shown.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-28-2010, 10:14 PM
That's dumb. There has to be dozens of jutsu you could use to blast someone out of the sky. Or one of the many hugeass summons they've shown.

Or.. a kunai?

Archangel
Sat, 05-29-2010, 04:09 AM
Or.. a kunai?
Kunais are the ki blasts of this show, they exist for the purpose of being dodged

depthcharge
Sat, 05-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Naruto's dynamic entrance smells, looks and feels like something Gai sensei taught him.

And next jutsu he performs would be from Kakashi, yes Thousand years of pain on Pain nirvana.

Doesnt matter then there are people who wants to slap Tenten, or people who wants to mourn for Shizune. The action now is with Naruto and heck yeah, about time!

depthcharge
Sat, 05-29-2010, 06:39 AM
sorry double post.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Kunais are the ki blasts of this show, they exist for the purpose of being dodged

Pain certainly didn't look capable of any fast movement in those scenes, but I agree.

redcat
Sat, 05-29-2010, 09:51 AM
he could have used a couple small pushes to deflect a few attacks and then do the big one. or just start his big one a little earlier.

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-29-2010, 11:49 AM
How come when summoning pain summoned the rest of the crew only one was dead? Konohamaru used rasengan on one of them as well, so he should be dead too.

Jessper
Sat, 05-29-2010, 12:27 PM
How come when summoning pain summoned the rest of the crew only one was dead? Konohamaru used rasengan on one of them as well, so he should be dead too.

Because, as most of the people here guessed, the Rasengan didn't kill the Pain, only delayed him. Konohamaru was likely about to die when the summoning happened.

Kraco
Sat, 05-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Konohamaru was likely about to die when the summoning happened.

Since Konohamaru has more wits than Naruto, it's reasonable to assume he took the perv teacher and they escaped together while zombie Pain was still busy unknotting his guts.

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Because, as most of the people here guessed, the Rasengan didn't kill the Pain, only delayed him. Konohamaru was likely about to die when the summoning happened.

Rasengan is an A level technique that can easily kill one person, when Konohamaru used his, Pain seemed more than dead to me.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 05-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I thought the summoning pain shouldv been dead a thousand times already and he took way worse blows than a single rasengan from a minor.

Jessper
Sat, 05-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Rasengan is an A level technique that can easily kill one person, when Konohamaru used his, Pain seemed more than dead to me.

Naruto's didn't kill Kabuto either, why would you think that one would kill pain? Not only is that body already dead, these enemies are on such a different level from everyone else that a kid killing one would really downplay this next fight here.

Archangel
Sat, 05-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Rasengan is an A level technique that can easily kill one person.
And Pain is the leader of a group of S ranked criminals who just wiped out a whole village by himself

ASSpirine
Sat, 05-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Naruto's didn't kill Kabuto either, why would you think that one would kill pain? Not only is that body already dead, these enemies are on such a different level from everyone else that a kid killing one would really downplay this next fight here.

Kabuto anticipated that already, that's why he already started his healing process before Naruto's rasengan hit him

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-29-2010, 03:53 PM
And Pain is the leader of a group of S ranked criminals who just wiped out a whole village by himself

So? i`m not questioning his offensive capabilities

As already stated, Kabuto saw it coming and started healing before getting hit, let`s remember that the healing ninja got rendered useless for the rest of the fight regardless.

There`s no proof any of the Pain have higher defense, every time a pain gets hit with a "mortal" attack guess what happens? they die, so the whole "lol they`re dead already" argument gets rendered void.

Remember the Raikiri that went through Zabuza and Kakuzu? Rasengan is stronger than that.

Is not about being a "kid" is about the technique the kid used, if a "kid" shots you with a shotgun you would die yes? never mind that he`s the grandson of a sniper.

I thought the summoning pain shouldv been dead a thousand times already and he took way worse blows than a single rasengan from a minor.

Did he? can you give me some examples? Ibiki`s torture doesn`t count because it was

A) Filler

B) Coul`ve easily been a Genjutsu (not sure on this one, should see the episode again but exhibit A should suffice anyway)

Archangel
Sat, 05-29-2010, 03:59 PM
So? i`m not questioning his offensive capabilities

There`s no proof any of the Pain have higher defense, every time a pain gets hit with a "mortal" attack guess what happens? they die, so the whole "lol they`re dead already" argument gets rendered void.

Remember the Raikiri that went through Zabuza and Kakuzu? Rasengan is stronger than that.

Remember this? (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/379/08/) Remember that they were all fine half a minute later and Jiraya was missing an arm?

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Remember this? (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/379/08/) Remember that they were all fine half a minute later and Jiraya was missing an arm?

Yeah, they still died, they come back to life but clearly not on their own, if that`s what you`re trying to say then how come missile man didn`t came back to life? how about the one Jiraiya captured? he`s quite dead if you ask me.

Archangel
Sat, 05-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, they still died, they come back to life but clearly not on their own, if that`s what you`re trying to say then how come missile man didn`t came back to life? how about the one Jiraiya captured? he`s quite dead if you ask me.
What's clear about it? One minute they were dead, the next they were back alive

And if a sword through the chest by one of the Sannins didn't stop them i don't see how a bitchy little rasenagan is going to do the job

redcat
Sat, 05-29-2010, 04:22 PM
how the fuck do you pre-heal an injury is what id like to know?

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-29-2010, 04:34 PM
What's clear about it? One minute they were dead, the next they were back alive

And if a sword through the chest by one of the Sannins didn't stop them i don't see how a bitchy little rasenagan is going to do the job

Again, if they can come back to life as easy as you`re making it out to be, how come the one Jiraiya killed (with a weaker technique than the almight Genjutsu he used btw), and missile man didn`t?

Funny that you mention swords, since Rasengan is a technique that`s suposed to be stronger than that Lightning Sword, Rasengan is by no means a bitchy little technique, is a one shot killing technique, nothing is going to change that, no matter how much Naruto spams it.

how the fuck do you pre-heal an injury is what id like to know?

*facepalm* the same way you can *insert random ninja technique here*, i`m not one to question ninja medicine.

Jessper
Sat, 05-29-2010, 05:24 PM
As already stated, Kabuto saw it coming and started healing before getting hit, let`s remember that the healing ninja got rendered useless for the rest of the fight regardless.

And Pain seeing the attack coming and preparing for it is out of the question here why? Kabuto, an opponent much weaker than Orochimaru, survived. Do you think that Orochimaru would have died from a Rasengan hit, prepared or not, also? Pain is stronger than them both.

Raikiri is an assassination technique, Rasengan is brute force. (I love internet analogies) A gun is stronger than a knife, but if a knife pierces the heart, and the gun shoots the knee cap you will have staggeringly different results.

Is not about being a "kid" is about the technique the kid used, if a "kid" shots you with a shotgun you would die yes? never mind that he`s the grandson of a sniper.

People can get lucky but this was certainly not that, if Pain can't see something so simple coming then he has no chance vs Naruto, sage mode or no.

Also, the puppet Pain survived for quite some time with half his body missing. It seems disingenuous to assume one blow would kill Pain.

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-29-2010, 05:42 PM
And Pain seeing the attack coming and preparing for it is out of the question here why? Kabuto, an opponent much weaker than Orochimaru, survived. Do you think that Orochimaru would have died from a Rasengan hit, prepared or not, also? Pain is stronger than them both.

Raikiri is an assassination technique, Rasengan is brute force. (I love internet analogies) A gun is stronger than a knife, but if a knife pierces the heart, and the gun shoots the knee cap you will have staggeringly different results.

People can get lucky but this was certainly not that, if Pain can't see something so simple coming then he has no chance vs Naruto, sage mode or no.

Also, the puppet Pain survived for quite some time with half his body missing. It seems disingenuous to assume one blow would kill Pain.

How can Pain see it coming and be prepared for the attack? he doens`t has eyes on his back (not this time anyway) and he`s no medical ninja or has any known defensive technique. You would think Pain being a bunch of zombies they would be easily destroyed...

Orochimaru is a slippery snake (;)), there is no way of knowing if he would`ve survived, here`s a better question, would Deidara survive getting a Rasengan? would Kakuzu with only one life? Would Kisame? What about Itachi? the answer is no, why? they have no defensive capabilities, for the 12323131455635th time, having powerful technique and strategies does not equals having high defense or defensive techniques.

The Raikiri, assasination or not is weaker than Rasengan, this has been stated already and he certainly didn`t got hit on his kneecap, more like... his whole back >_>

This wasn`t a lucky thing either, Pain understimated the 12 year old kid and got pwned, shit happens.

As for puppet pain, have you noticed? he`s an android, being alive with half of his body off seems reasonable, how can i not assume one blow would kill Pain, it happened like... 4 times already.

I can understand people forgetting what a Rasengan is capable of so here`s a quick reminder.

The compacted nature and moving speed of the chakra allows the Rasengan to grind into whatever it comes in contact with, inflicting major damage.

So is basically an electric saw, yeah, i doubt Pain can survive that.

Kraco
Sat, 05-29-2010, 06:03 PM
The missile puppet Pain might have lost or got misaligned too many of the control rods to "live" anymore. The zombies might have some sort of a structural interegrity threshold in any case, forcing Nagato to reboot them when they absorb too much damage. If that's the case, it would explain why Jiraiya's victims seemed to die initially only to backstab him later.

The one swallowed by the frog might have been transferred beyond Nagato's control and he lost interest in it for the time being, rendering it dead. Later the corpse's rods were removed so there was no way for Pain to control it any longer.

Konohamaru's victim probably slept inside the wall until Pain reestablished the control - just before the summoning.

Well, that would be one theory.

UChessmaster
Sat, 05-29-2010, 06:20 PM
The missile puppet Pain might have lost or got misaligned too many of the control rods to "live" anymore. The zombies might have some sort of a structural interegrity threshold in any case, forcing Nagato to reboot them when they absorb too much damage. If that's the case, it would explain why Jiraiya's victims seemed to die initially only to backstab him later.

The one swallowed by the frog might have been transferred beyond Nagato's control and he lost interest in it for the time being, rendering it dead. Later the corpse's rods were removed so there was no way for Pain to control it any longer.

Konohamaru's victim probably slept inside the wall until Pain reestablished the control - just before the summoning.

Well, that would be one theory.

That makes sense, yeah.

Sabrac
Sat, 05-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Damn that was sick! Pain just dozed all of Konoha in one jutsu lol! Poor ol' Tsunade couldn't do dick! So much for Danzo's plan of waiting till the battle dies down to take control of Konoha... He can have fun being Hokage of that crater.

Well on a positive note, Naruto is back and he is bad! He's gonna show Pain who really wears the Shinobi-pants!

Sam98034
Sat, 05-29-2010, 09:07 PM
There are no Bijuu's left except the Kyuubi in Naruto. So that's out of the question.
And those who also had a jinchuuriki were easily captured by the other akatsuki members, so I dont think they would have posed a possible threat to Pain.

I was trying to respond to the comment of why the akatsuki even needed the tailed beasts in the first place if Pain could just do it on his own. If they weren't captured before, it would be a lot harder to wipe out villages using his methods. People would also be a lot more likely to oppose Akatsuki if they have a tailed beast.

As far as the bodies...I always thought that Pain ressurected the dead bodies and then controlled them through the rods, so they're not just puppet corpses.

Kraco
Sun, 05-30-2010, 02:05 AM
As far as the bodies...I always thought that Pain ressurected the dead bodies and then controlled them through the rods, so they're not just puppet corpses.

Yes, they are good old zombies. I don't think anybody considered them pure puppets.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Since Konohamaru has more wits than Naruto, it's reasonable to assume he took the perv teacher and they escaped together while zombie Pain was still busy unknotting his guts.I'm sorry, but I would like an example of even one single instance ANYWHERE that Konohamaru is even remotely smarter than Naruto. They have literally never once shown him doing something that wasn't stupid, or some stupid thing Naruto taught him.

I realize he's the 3rd's Grandson, and that means he should probably be awesome, but they have yet to show any evidence of that.

Kraco
Sun, 05-30-2010, 04:07 AM
I simply don't think it's possible to be stupider than Naruto and not have the form of a rubber boot, so logically Konohamaru needs to be less stupid.

Although there still exist the possibility he's exactly equally stupid. At least he's stupid enough to look up to Naruto. However, you should remember he was actually pondering whether he should risk ruining everything by going back to help the perv teacher or not. That alone reveals he possesses higher mental faculties than Naruto, who is incapable of imagining the consequences of future actions.

AceAlpha
Sun, 05-30-2010, 09:28 AM
The next episode: Natuto! being a pain in the ass.

I hope he'll go rampage on Pain :)

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Although there still exist the possibility he's exactly equally stupid.That's the hypothesis I'm currently operating under.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 05-30-2010, 12:34 PM
I can understand people forgetting what a Rasengan is capable of so here`s a quick reminder.

So is basically an electric saw, yeah, i doubt Pain can survive that.

Maybe if Naruto had actually mastered the Rasengan this would be an issue. I think they claimed he mastered it, but if he did, why can't his Rasengan eat completely through someone's body, like Jiraiya's ate through the tree trunk when he was teaching Naruto?

The only way he can cause that much devastation is with a Rasen-shuriken, which can be heard from a long distance and will probably kill him if he uses it again.

redcat
Sun, 05-30-2010, 12:41 PM
why can't his Rasengan eat completely through someone's body, like Jiraiya's ate through the tree trunk when he was teaching Naruto?because this show is meant for 8 year olds

TwisT
Sun, 05-30-2010, 01:26 PM
As people has said before me, in shonen flesh is the strongest substance. When Metal, wood and stone break flesh will still hold. <_<

isso
Sun, 05-30-2010, 02:54 PM
I was trying to respond to the comment of why the akatsuki even needed the tailed beasts in the first place if Pain could just do it on his own. If they weren't captured before, it would be a lot harder to wipe out villages using his methods. People would also be a lot more likely to oppose Akatsuki if they have a tailed beast.

Might be true and the fact that the jutsu used upon Konoha to create Craterha shortens his lifespan. And it ought to be by atleast a couple of years since his "gf" (lol) got so angry when he was going to use it!

Sam98034
Sun, 05-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Might be true and the fact that the jutsu used upon Konoha to create Craterha shortens his lifespan. And it ought to be by atleast a couple of years since his "gf" (lol) got so angry when he was going to use it!

Craterha, ha! Anyone else got any zingers? I think Naruto is going to feel horrible when he sees the village. It will leave quite a pit in his stomache. I can see it causing quite a bit of depression. He is going through a valley right now in his life.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Craterha, ha! Anyone else got any zingers? I think Naruto is going to feel horrible when he sees the village. It will leave quite a pit in his stomache. I can see it causing quite a bit of depression. He is going through a valley right now in his life.

Depression? Nah, it'll be rage if anything.

Sam98034
Mon, 05-31-2010, 02:50 AM
I was going for a zinger, there. Depression as in sad...but also as in a larg hole or crater in the ground....zing!

ASSpirine
Mon, 05-31-2010, 03:11 AM
I was going for a zinger, there. Depression as in sad...but also as in a larg hole or crater in the ground....zing!

Somehow it doesn't have the same effect when you have to explain it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JlZnpAUj9M

Found a nice piano version of Pain's theme.

KrayZ33
Mon, 05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
because this show is meant for 8 year olds

Ahh....I guess thats why they dismembered and decapitated Hidan.

I doubt Konohamaru has mastered the rasengan yet, the impact was way to weak

Archangel
Mon, 05-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Ahh....I guess thats why they dismembered and decapitated Hidan.

I doubt Konohamaru has mastered the rasengan yet, the impact was way to weak
He hasn't, if you look at the manga he needed 2 clones to control the attack and his rasengan was tiny compared to naruto's

UChessmaster
Mon, 05-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Ahh....I guess thats why they implied a dismembered and decapitated Hidan in the anime.

Fixed, you`re welcome.

He hasn't, if you look at the manga he needed 2 clones to control the attack and his rasengan was tiny compared to naruto's

Now that is something i didn`t took into account *bow*

KrayZ33
Mon, 05-31-2010, 01:29 PM
for a second i read "impaled"

but nope, they showed the beheaded corpse lying on the ground while kakuzu is carrying hidans head etc

and when he was caught in shikamarus trap, his head was lying between one of his arms and one of his legs.

just because they didn't show fountains of blood, bones, loose flesh and part of his spine showing out doesn't mean they just "indicated" it.

they indicated the *process* but not the result.

there is no reason not to do the same thing with a crucial rasengan hit.

redcat
Mon, 05-31-2010, 01:56 PM
just because they didn't show fountains of blood, bones, loose flesh and part of his spine showing out doesn't mean they just "indicated" it.but that's the problem. how do you justify having someone get mauled by a rasengan when you cant even show it?

for example, it was one thing to show ichigo with a hole in his chest, but it was clean cut by a high powered energy beam and just looked like a circle cut-out, but a rasengan to the chest sounds like it would be messy.

being meant for 8 year olds was obviously hyperbole, but this show certainly isn't into the kind of stuff elfen lied or hellsing would show.

UChessmaster
Mon, 05-31-2010, 02:02 PM
The beheaded corpse was shown miles away to a point you can`t posibly see if the body is actually missing a head, while we`re at it, when he got decapitated the camera never actually showed that his head was deatached.

A "real" Rasengan would be far far faaaaaaaaaaaar messier than a clean decapitation, trust me.

The only reason a person got decapitated in the manga is because he is an inmortal so Kishi and get away with it, so it`s not that bad.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
It's not just the sawing effect of the Rasengan either.

There's also the out-of-the-back explosive decompression as per that water tank Naruto used it on.

So not only would it scoop out your face, it would blow the back of your skull off as well.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 06-01-2010, 02:20 PM
It's not just the sawing effect of the Rasengan either.

There's also the out-of-the-back explosive decompression as per that water tank Naruto used it on.

So not only would it scoop out your face, it would blow the back of your skull off as well.

Best sentence ever.

Sam98034
Wed, 06-02-2010, 01:42 AM
How can you say that when you got Vin Diesel gems like these?!?

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time.For those ten seconds or less, I'm free, nothing else matter"

“It doesn't matter if you win by a second or a mile, winning is winning!”

“I said a 10 second, not a 10 minute car.”