PDA

View Full Version : TV: Nikita

Munsu
Wed, 05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8195/livefreeordiehardd.jpg

Yep, that's right, another remake/spin-off of the cool Luc Bensson movie Nikita is coming to The CW. It's been remade as Black Cat in Hong Kong, we had Point of No Return starring Bridget Fonda, and then we had the tv show La Femme Nikita some years back. I watched that show for a bit and enjoyed it, but I got a bit tired of it... I might go back to it eventually if I get into the mood again.

Anyways, will look forward to this version, primarily because it's starring Maggie Q who's a complete hottie, from Balls of Fury and Live Free or Die Hard. Also in there will be Shane West who I hate and Lyndsy Fonseca from Kick-Ass and How I Met Your Mother. Also in there the dominatrix from C.S.I and from The O.C. Melinda Clarke, Aaron Stanford from Traveler and X-Men: The Last Stand, and the awesome Xander Berkeley from 24.

Don't know how this will turn out, but I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it has some success since The CW sucks at the moment, particularly with all the shitty girly teenage drama crap shows. Next year will be the last season for Smallville, and I think for Supernatural too... but we've heard that before.

Here's a preview clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVZfGnbt-9s

Penner
Wed, 05-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Hmm, this might be good, and it has a pretty decent cast, will definitely check it out.

TwisT
Thu, 05-27-2010, 01:37 AM
I will watch this but my expectations will be low. Never liked La Femme Nikita. Given i was like around 10-12 when i watched Nikita, i don't remember that much, but that show did not feel like Nikita too me. Maybe this will. But i will set my expectations very low and hopefully it will surprise me

What i would have wanted to see getting a series from a Luc Besson movie would be a continuation on Léon. Want to see Mathilda's road as a hitman. That sounds a lot more interesting. But few studios would dare such a thing. To have a 10-12 year old girl be a hitman would upset to much.

Munsu
Fri, 05-28-2010, 08:12 AM
I will watch this but my expectations will be low. Never liked La Femme Nikita. Given i was like around 10-12 when i watched Nikita, i don't remember that much, but that show did not feel like Nikita too me. Maybe this will. But i will set my expectations very low and hopefully it will surprise me

What i would have wanted to see getting a series from a Luc Besson movie would be a continuation on Léon. Want to see Mathilda's road as a hitman. That sounds a lot more interesting. But few studios would dare such a thing. To have a 10-12 year old girl be a hitman would upset to much.

Well, other than flashbacks they can just do it with her being a grown-up, Natalie Portman has aged quite well.

Animeniax
Fri, 05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
I'll watch this show just for Maggie Q. Hope it's worthwhile for more than eye-candy though. I loved Balls of Fury.

Munsu
Mon, 09-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Show starts this Thursday, hopefully it'll be decent enough.

Penner
Mon, 09-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Aye, if nothing else atleast it has the smokin' hawtness that is Maggie Q

(Click the image for super-awesome 1333 x 2000 res version)

http://a.imageshack.us/img251/5741/firstlookmaggieq.jpg (http://www.oneasianworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/first-look-maggie-q.jpg)

Animeniax
Mon, 09-06-2010, 04:30 PM
After watching some of the promos, Maggie Q alone might not be enough reason to watch this show, but the addition of Lyndsy Fonseca puts it on the DVR list.

edit: WTF, just found out the CW isn't on my DirecTV package?!? Is it a premium channel or something? WTF is that?

Munsu
Fri, 09-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Not a premium channel...

Anyways, just watched the pilot episode, and thought it was good enough. Will keep watching for now. I watched the whole episodes with a boner.

Animeniax
Fri, 09-10-2010, 11:34 PM
That's directv for you I guess, doesn't even include theCW in its main package.

Just watched (skimmed mostly) the first episode. I don't see this series lasting beyond a season, and only because theCW is a crappy channel. Lyndsy Fonseca almost makes this show worth watching, but Maggie Q is surprisingly unappealing in this very formulaic series. The only interesting part of the plot is the insider twist which I didn't see coming (might have helped if I actually watched the entire episode).

Also, Shane West needs to never get another acting role ever again.

Munsu
Sat, 09-11-2010, 12:35 PM
I actually thought that Fonseca was bad in this one, and I agree with Shane... he sucks.

Animeniax
Sat, 09-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I actually thought that Fonseca was bad in this one, and I agree with Shane... he sucks.

Bad acting or bad looking? Because I could care less about the acting.

Munsu
Sun, 09-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Acting... but if that the case, why complain about Maggie Q then?

She looked nice though, and I liked the twist at the end. I thought Nikita the plot of the episode was going to be about Nikita rescuing her.

Animeniax
Sun, 09-12-2010, 07:55 PM
I guess I've seen enough of Maggie Q and her hotness is waning. A lovely face only keeps your interest for so long. If they don't also have a smokin' body, then it's on to the next fantasy girl. Lyndsy F. also has a nice body to go with the face.

Penner
Wed, 09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Saw the first ep. Liked it. Will keep watching. :P

Penner
Sat, 09-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Just finished the second ep, i'm definitely going to keep watching it.

And i just fucking LOVE all the tight pants Nikita wears, mmm-mm yummy! :P

Munsu
Mon, 01-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Any of you still watching the show? Been enjoying it quite a bit. Thought the last 4 episodes or so have been great for me. At the very least it always brings plenty of action to keep me entertained.

Glad to see that we should be seeing more of the outside world from now one, was getting tired of all the scenes taking place in the training facility.

Penner
Tue, 02-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Still watching it and liking it :P