PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 161

Marik
Thu, 05-20-2010, 07:07 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 161 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=131730) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=131728)

[Nipponsei] NARUTO Shippuuden ED12 Single - For You [Azu].​zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20NARUTO%20Shippuuden%20ED12%20Sin gle%20-%20For%20You%20%5BAzu%5D.zip.torrent)
[Nipponsei] NARUTO Shippuuden ED13 Single - Jitensha [OreSkaBand].​zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20NARUTO%20Shippuuden%20ED13%20Sin gle%20-%20Jitensha%20%5BOreSkaBand%5D.zip.torrent)

ASSpirine
Thu, 05-20-2010, 07:54 AM
That he did a Kage bunshin was clear as hell, but, wtf, rasengan...

Also, the solution to the running and gathering nature energy is so obvious.

Not the greatest ep we saw...

antiravage
Thu, 05-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Strange episode.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-20-2010, 11:10 AM
That he did a Kage bunshin was clear as hell, but, wtf, rasengan...

I thought it was the complete opposite.

Rotation, power and containment were obviously the training required for a Rasengan, so he was bound to whip that out sometime. I actually thought he'd rasengan that guy's arm off, so I was pretty surprised when he just went "poof".

It explained my previous questions too as to how he'd pull off a Rasengan without clones. He didn't. :p

Now the question lies in whether Naruto's clone can gather and send Natural energy back to him, or whether he himself has to do it while his clones act as a diversion.

By far the first would be the preferred option, but guess we'll have to wait and see.

I guess from the frog's reaction, all sages in the past have used a frog to charge during combat.

What was the reason why you can't transform beforehand, or remain permanently in sage mode again?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 05-20-2010, 11:27 AM
I can't believe that I didn't remember the tongue thing. Although it was a lot less creepy in the manga.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Man, I totally thought that the Konohamaru parts were filler.

Kinda disappointed that Konohamaru is just becoming Naruto 2. I was really hoping he was going to start using some of the 3rds techniques. Rasengan is starting to become like the Super Saiyan of Naruto, even the little kids can do this legendary ability now.

redcat
Thu, 05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
the manga made it look like he was pulling out their souls, not a huge slab of bologna.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-20-2010, 02:17 PM
I think it's supposed to be their tongues. And if they lied, it ripped their tongue out and killed them.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 05-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Now the question lies in whether Naruto's clone can gather and send Natural energy back to him, or whether he himself has to do it while his clones act as a diversion.

You know... I wonder if the fox could (and/or would) gather nature energy while Naruto fought - they are already merged after all. Just a random thought

Kraco
Thu, 05-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Kyuubi seems to be largely made of its own red chakra so I see little need for it to try to gather nature energy. Who knows, it might even find it unwelcome.

Based on this episode Ebisu's claim that Konohamaru could be a future Hokage isn't all talk. The brat seems to possess serious talent.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 05-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Nice episode!
Too bad they show a certain person's death in the preview.. might be better to skip that..

Jessper
Thu, 05-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Konohamaru doing the Rasengan was pretty disappointing, he really should have his own techniques. Plus if there ever is a fight between him and Naruto it will be two Rasengan's of some element colliding, /yawn. Also, him taking out a Pain would be painfully (haha! puns!) stupid. They really need to not cheapen these guys after one killed Kakashi.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Konohamaru doing the Rasengan was pretty disappointing, he really should have his own techniques. Plus if there ever is a fight between him and Naruto it will be two Rasengan's of some element colliding, /yawn. Also, him taking out a Pain would be painfully (haha! puns!) stupid. They really need to not cheapen these guys after one killed Kakashi.

It did feel cheap, but this Pain didn't have that much offensive capability besides his Lie Detector. Having him fight one-on-one would have also put his effectiveness down a few notches.

Kakashi would have taken this guy out in an instant if all he had to do was avoid a grab, while Konohamaru wouldn't have gotten anywhere near figuring out Almighty Push's cooldown.

Konohamaru using Naruto's clone idea to pull off a Rasengan to me is actually the only believable way to do it. It IS a rank A (or AA?) technique where containment was the key. Having him do it without clones would mean his chakra control was beyond Naruto's.

What "is" a tad unbelievable was that he was able to call in 2 Shadow clones AND have enough chakra to pull off a Rasengan. So far, Naruto and the Third have been the only ones to summon 2 or more shadow clones at once.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Honestly I doubt that Pain is going to be down for long. Probably just long enough for Konohamaru and Ebisu to escape.

Jessper
Thu, 05-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Honestly I doubt that Pain is going to be down for long. Probably just long enough for Konohamaru and Ebisu to escape.

I agree, I'm just saying, I'll be very disappointed if it turns out that way. I normally wouldn't bring it up, however, last time I thought that they couldn't possibly kill someone he got nixed.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 05-20-2010, 11:42 PM
What "is" a tad unbelievable was that he was able to call in 2 Shadow clones AND have enough chakra to pull off a Rasengan. So far, Naruto and the Third have been the only ones to summon 2 or more shadow clones at once.

True, but I suspect its more of a "won't" then a "can't" summon 2 or more. Since it divides chakra, its a risk, so most wise ninjas would probably avoid it. Konohamaru lacks experience and so might not be wise enough to be worrying about conserving charka, Alternately, he is in a serious situation and he knows he isn't that powerful yet - he at least may well realize that he's only gonna get one shot at this so is willing to risk it on an all or nothing dice throw.

I actually like the idea that Naruto is starting to pass down techniques rather then just learn them, though I've no desire to see Konohamaru following the endless rasengen path.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-21-2010, 03:09 AM
I suppose Konohamaru with a different element and monkeys instead of frogs would be good enough for me.

Artris
Fri, 05-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Yeah, but then he would have to fight with a monkey on his back...

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-21-2010, 03:50 AM
Yeah, but then he would have to fight with a monkey on his back...Well, he already knows Kage Bunshin, so he can just do it however Naruto ends up doing it.

Kraco
Fri, 05-21-2010, 04:51 AM
Unless Kyuubi ends up playing a role in it. The frog geezer was talking about needing considerable chakra reserves and Naruto has an unlimited one as long as he's willing to tap to the red. It would be about the time he used his jinchuuri powers for something in a controlled manner. Kyuubi might be the most troublesome of the bijuu, personality wise, but in a certain sense that only makes it a good match with a stupid but endlessly persistent person like Naruto who doesn't know how to give up.

ASSpirine
Fri, 05-21-2010, 05:35 AM
How can Konohamaru fights with his ridiculously long scarf, he should have tripped a few times and get strangled by it...

I have a feeling (canon wise) that Konohamaru has hit more people with his rasengan then Naruto did.
I really thought this was a filler ep.

Jessper
Fri, 05-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Ya, that scarf needs to go, I was REALLY hoping Pain was going to grab it and nearly kill him with it so he would realize he has to get rid of it.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-21-2010, 10:56 AM
How can Konohamaru fights with his ridiculously long scarf, he should have tripped a few times and get strangled by it...He's a ninja.

ASSpirine
Fri, 05-21-2010, 07:09 PM
He's a ninja.

Naruto steps in dog poop :p

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes, well, Konohamaru is probably a GOOD ninja.

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-23-2010, 10:47 AM
extremely boring and unnecessary episode...

UChessmaster
Sun, 05-23-2010, 01:41 PM
How is it pointless? a pain body died, 4 to go

Kagari
Sun, 05-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Great episode... Exciting, tense, and SO EFFING cool to see how far Konohamaru has come...

He's going to surpass Naruto one day. I love how he's already learned how to "share" info between clones, and how quickly he broke down the enemy jutsu... Sarutobi Konohamaru indeed.

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-23-2010, 04:59 PM
How is it pointless? a pain body died, 4 to go

if he's really done for, then it's even more boring.
defeated by a kage-bushin + rasengan combo... so *fresh*
and all that "ARRR WE WON'T TELL U ABOUT NARUTO" talk again.

if konohamaru is going to be a second naruto, I'd be dissapointed

Mugen
Mon, 05-24-2010, 12:40 AM
there's no way hes down for good... i can't accept that... seeing as how jiraiya and kakashi are both dead after fighting pain... they can't just let konohamaru kill one of them with a rasengan...

i don't think it was boring though, i just kept wanting to see what was going to happen next.. it's nice to see the other characters get some airtime, i skip all fillers so i never get to see them... i'd really like to see neji, hinata, rock lee, shino and kiba

Kraco
Mon, 05-24-2010, 03:46 AM
The Pains are already dead, remote controlled zombies. Even Jiraiya made the mistake of thinking they would die just like any normal dudes, only to have them backstab him later. A single rasengan, while dangerous to normal humans (except in fillers), should do little to a zombie.

However, I think his point was the fact he managed to save Ebisu. Assuming they have enough wits to escape now. Or burn the body to ashes while it's still unmoving - assuming they possess a sufficient jutsu.