PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 585

Marik
Wed, 05-19-2010, 03:48 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/67373685/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/OnePiece_585.zip)

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
I was suspecting it... but I didn't expect for Sabo to also be a 'brother' to those two. And are this nobles also Tenryuubito?

rockmanj
Wed, 05-19-2010, 04:05 PM
I wonder if Sabo is some powerful guy now? And if so, will he use his power to help Luffy fight the government?

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 05-19-2010, 04:58 PM
It's so weird that oda made the choice to go back into this excessive flashback about luffy's past. Honestly feels like it would have made more sense to place this at the beginning just before the whitebeard war began when Luffy was sailing towards marineford.

My guess is that possibly Sabo grew up into one of the Super Nova's, because honestly I don't see what the point of introducing him is if he no impact on the current story. Hell I've seen on on some forums people suspect that he might be a younger Law.

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-19-2010, 05:06 PM
There has been speculation before that Sabo is Trafalgar Law... but after this I think Sabo is part of the Tenryuubito. Only time, and Oda, will tell.

joker-kun
Wed, 05-19-2010, 06:39 PM
My guess is that Sabo will end up marrying a Tenryuubito. That's why his father was determined for him to marry a "royal girl". Sabo will probably change and become an arrogant ass. This caused Luffy and Ace to make a promise that they will "save" him by reminding him of his dream.

And so comes the next arc.

TwisT
Thu, 05-20-2010, 12:14 AM
As to why this flashback was introduced now and not before is probably because usually a flashback like this is a sign that someone involved will die. And Ace dying came out of nowhere. Some people thought it might happen but i don't think many continued to think that way when it started to become clear that Whitebeard would sacrifice himself. Usually when someone of his stature sacrifice himself it means the person he does it for gets to live. So i think it was great that they showed it after everything was over.

And the flashback itself is brilliant too. Not only does it show how they became brothers and the hardships that made them the strong fighters they are today, but also introduces a new interesting character that hasn't been seen before. And unless Oda kills him of during this flashback it's pretty safe to assume he will show up sooner or later.

And for Sado himself. He was actually close to Ace's skill and if he progressed at the same rate as Ace and Luffy that would mean that he is somewhere around their level and will be a force to be reckoned with.

This is definitely one of the best flashbacks i have seen.

FireEmblem
Thu, 05-20-2010, 02:18 AM
As to why this flashback was introduced now and not before is probably because usually a flashback like this is a sign that someone involved will die. And Ace dying came out of nowhere. Some people thought it might happen but i don't think many continued to think that way when it started to become clear that Whitebeard would sacrifice himself. Usually when someone of his stature sacrifice himself it means the person he does it for gets to live. So i think it was great that they showed it after everything was over.

And the flashback itself is brilliant too. Not only does it show how they became brothers and the hardships that made them the strong fighters they are today, but also introduces a new interesting character that hasn't been seen before. And unless Oda kills him of during this flashback it's pretty safe to assume he will show up sooner or later.

And for Sado himself. He was actually close to Ace's skill and if he progressed at the same rate as Ace and Luffy that would mean that he is somewhere around their level and will be a force to be reckoned with.

This is definitely one of the best flashbacks i have seen.

+1 to this.

This is definitely a lot more thorough of a flashback than I was expecting. A lot of the details Oda put into this is what makes it great. Like them beating on animals or Sabo and Ace screaming for Luffy to watch out for a snake cause he doesn't notice. This flashback really does show why Luffy is the way he is. This flashback is honestly good enough to be its own manga so far. This looks like it'll be great when it hits the anime. Gonna be a lot of funny moments especially with Garp in this.

I'm hoping Sabo is still alive but ultimately I think Oda will kill him in this flashback. I'm hoping not but we'll see.

rockmanj
Thu, 05-20-2010, 09:16 AM
I also loled at Little Luffy's 1st attempts at the Gomu Pistol. I wonder if the will show when ace got his DF power. Maybe Sabo has something to do with it.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-20-2010, 09:20 AM
I also loled at Little Luffy's 1st attempts at the Gomu Pistol. I wonder if the will show when ace got his DF power. Maybe Sabo has something to do with it.

I don't think we will see this. Im am pretty sure Ace didn't get his devil fruit power until after he left the island.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm not feeling it for this arc.
It seems really out of character for Luffy to be from shooting star town. he doesn't seem to be a guy who lived off trash for several years.

poopdeville
Thu, 05-20-2010, 01:17 PM
He didn't live off trash, though. They lived in the forest near Trash Town, hunted wild animals, built their home out of chopped wood. (What is Trash Town really called, anyway? Shooting Star Town is a reference to a "similar" place in Hunter x Hunter)

Marik
Thu, 05-20-2010, 01:26 PM
(What is Trash Town really called, anyway? Shooting Star Town is a reference to a "similar" place in Hunter x Hunter)

I believe it's called Grey Terminal.

Archangel
Fri, 05-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Hmmm... if he did become a major player, does anyone remember an instance where Luffy and co were saved from a major crisis without any given explanation?

The sabaody archipelago incident comes to mind, maybe Sabo had something to do with it?

rockmanj
Fri, 05-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Hmmm... if he did become a major player, does anyone remember an instance where Luffy and co were saved from a major crisis without any given explanation?

The sabaody archipelago incident comes to mind, maybe Sabo had something to do with it?

That would kind of make sense, as there were a lot of Nobles there. Maybe he has something to do with Kuma.

poopdeville
Fri, 05-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah, and Kuma said he's allied to the World Government, not the Marines.

Tofu #2
Fri, 05-21-2010, 08:32 PM
+ There's still that thing that Kuma said to rayleigh

Lucifus
Sat, 05-22-2010, 05:04 AM
I was under the impression that Kuma and Ivan knew each other from back in their days as revolutionists.

And as we all know, Dragons not just about to let his son die from that incident in Logue Town.

I was thinking Kuma once knew Luffy's father, and wouldn't allow any true harm to come to him. Because no matter how you look at it, he's always showed mercy and helped the Straw hats.

Assertn
Sat, 05-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I was thinking Kuma once knew Luffy's father, and wouldn't allow any true harm to come to him. Because no matter how you look at it, he's always showed mercy and helped the Straw hats.

He seemed pretty adamant about taking Luffy during the thriller bark arc. Either the strawhats won him over through their dedication to their captain, or Kuma was merely pretending to take him away to the world government.

I dunno, still hard to tell what he was thinking, exactly.

Archangel
Sat, 05-22-2010, 03:56 PM
I dunno, still hard to tell what he was thinking, exactly.
And isn't that why we all love this manga so damn much?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-23-2010, 03:02 PM
we need to do an analysis of the places Kuma sent the rest of the crew and decide whether he intended for them to get lost there (never to regroup as pirates) or for a specific reason.

first of all, Luffy: what were Kuma's expectations when he sent him to amazon land?
what about Zoro (he defiantly knew that peppora would be there, he sent her a few weeks ago), Sanji, Brook?
did he just want to spare their lives or was it part of his master plan?