PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 160

Marik
Thu, 05-13-2010, 08:45 AM
[CrunchySubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 160 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=130269) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=130268)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Ibuki's summons were pretty cool. His torturing technique was pretty awesome too, and it didn't feel particularly cheap since he has to endure the pain as well to get the information.

Summoning through someone's gut.. now you don't see that every day.

Biscuit-firing's a funny name.

Marik
Thu, 05-13-2010, 09:26 AM

Indeed. That scene made me chuckle, because it looked like they were cooking that dog inside of a giant oven.

Sam98034
Thu, 05-13-2010, 01:19 PM
At the very end, after the preview for the next episode, who is the last guy with paint on his face? It looks kind of like Obito, but it could be Konohamaru.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 05-13-2010, 01:59 PM
it's konohamaru.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 05-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Seeing ANBU in action is a rare treat in itself but teaming with Ibiki? Amazing. I've always been a big fan of Konoha's Jack Bauer. Before his torture jutsu I was just thinking how funny it would be if he waterboarded Pain. The animation was great too.

Kraco
Thu, 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I wonder how long it's going to take before they stop underestimating Pains. I guess having been a torturer for so long Ibuki couldn't help but try to get information out of Pain, but if he had just considered it for another moment, he would have realised such a luxury is unlikely.

Instead of playing around, they should fully concentrate on trying to deliver killing blows. With so much of the village and their own forces in ruins, they aren't really in any position to try to take prisoners.

Janusz
Thu, 05-13-2010, 07:57 PM
I wonder how long it's going to take before they stop underestimating Pains. I guess having been a torturer for so long Ibuki couldn't help but try to get information out of Pain, but if he had just considered it for another moment, he would have realised such a luxury is unlikely.

Instead of playing around, they should fully concentrate on trying to deliver killing blows. With so much of the village and their own forces in ruins, they aren't really in any position to try to take prisoners.

To be fair, they still don't really know what the deal is with pain; especially seeing this chick using summons when they were told Jiraiya killed the summoning dude, understanding who / what Pain is might be the key to defeating him.

On a side note, I am fairly disappointed with how the last several eps have turned out. As some people have said before, the pacing just seems completely off and some scenes are awkward - like the frog being rejected by the Kyuubi, and then explaining it in the most lame way possible. Also, they have fucked up the order in which scenes happen. The fights that were so cool in the manga are just duds in the anime, even though I like the whole firing biscuit-thingy they did here. Actually, the OP is animated way better than the actual eps and contains cooler action, even if it's not literal translation from the manga.

Mugen
Thu, 05-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Ibuki's summons were pretty cool. His torturing technique was pretty awesome too, and it didn't feel particularly cheap since he has to endure the pain as well to get the information.

Summoning through someone's gut.. now you don't see that every day.

i agree, that was the first time i've ever seen him do anything at all and his summoning was pretty cool.. kinda explains the scars all over his face too

It was also nice seeing those 3 anbu guys fight, I remember when the series just started anbu was supposed to be an elite squad but they started looking like a bunch of nobodies

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Glad to see Konoha is finally starting to realizesome of the things most of us had figured out over an arc ago.

It is nice that they're making Pain out to be such a real threat. Someone that has to be analyzed and such.

I'm actually kind of relieved that the frog sage couldn't merge with Naruto since I really didn't want all of Naruto's cool fight scene having a frog on his shoulder. Especially since we all know he's got a much better method of standing still and attacking at the same time.

Actually, the OP is animated way better than the actual eps and contains cooler action, even if it's not literal translation from the manga.It's always like that. I guess they figures its worth spending more money on something they are going to show 20+ than on something they are only going to show once.

redcat
Fri, 05-14-2010, 12:54 AM
kinda funny the better parts of this ep were filler. they did a good job tying it in tho, you cant even tell unless you read the manga.

ibikis summons, the 2nd attempt to kill the dog thing with the biscuit-firing, and the summoning inside ibiki were all filler.

only problem i had with any of that was ibiki didn't take anywhere near the damage you would expect someone to take if they had a giant bird summoned inside them. he wasn't even unconscious.

depthcharge
Fri, 05-14-2010, 02:03 AM
in yet another chapter, the Hokage was just siting around. But still much better then the Hokage wannabe. He was standing around and asking his team to sit.

Kraco
Fri, 05-14-2010, 02:33 AM
in yet another chapter, the Hokage was just siting around. But still much better then the Hokage wannabe. He was standing around and asking his team to sit.

Concentrating on saving other fighters might be a very wise decision. Doing otherwise would indicate she thinks she's stronger than multiple other ninja, which, honestly, is probably not true. She's not like the Third. I doubt she really has awesome battle skills aside from the super punch. And that single skill might be completely useless against the Pain zombies.

depthcharge
Fri, 05-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Choaza flattened the Pain that absorbs all attack.
She could have done the same. But she choose to use her chakra in a way to save a bunch of useless fodder. Rather then focus it on the kick ass fighters.

I guess I am still bitter that the so called healing/chakra transfer didnt get to Kakashi in time. IF she had provided Kakashi with all the chakra he needed. Kakashi would have pwned the Pains with his mangakyo and then some.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Choaza flattened the Pain that absorbs all attack.
She could have done the same. But she choose to use her chakra in a way to save a bunch of useless fodder. Rather then focus it on the kick ass fighters.

I guess I am still bitter that the so called healing/chakra transfer didnt get to Kakashi in time. IF she had provided Kakashi with all the chakra he needed. Kakashi would have pwned the Pains with his mangakyo and then some.

Choaza flattened the Pain that was a puppet.

Alhuin
Sat, 05-15-2010, 12:19 AM
I really enjoyed Summoning-Pain's seiyuu. Even if she didn't speak that much.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Yeah, girl pain is a cutey.

Choaza flattened the Pain that was a puppet.Yep, missile puppet Pain is the only one defeated so far.

RyougaZell
Sat, 05-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Ever since Pain was introduced in the manga I've considered him, and all his alter bodies, to be my favorite character in Naruto. Episodes like this are pure win for me. Female Pain is awesome. And they also choose a good voice, too bad she didn't use it too much.

Archangel
Sat, 05-15-2010, 03:02 PM
So Pain has both male and female bodies eh? That brings up some interesting... possibilities.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-15-2010, 04:03 PM
So Pain has both male and female bodies eh? That brings up some interesting... possibilities.It's nothing that hasn't existed since the very first episode with shadow clones and transformation jutsus.

Archangel
Sat, 05-15-2010, 04:05 PM
It's nothing that hasn't existed since the very first episode with shadow clones and transformation jutsus.
Bull, with his jutsu you can feel everything at once and in real time

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-15-2010, 06:50 PM

Well female Pain doesn't feel pain, we know that much. I doubt fingering her would have yielded much results neither.

Archangel
Sat, 05-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Well female Pain doesn't feel pain, we know that much. I doubt fingering her would have yielded much results neither.
The way she was dissing him it looked more like she did feel it but was still able to easily dismiss it

Sam98034
Sun, 05-16-2010, 01:52 AM
I don't think you would be able to do freaky stuff like that with your clone/other body in Pain's case. You need certain chakra control to do that, and too much chakra would be used up by another part of your body, if you know what I mean...

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-16-2010, 07:42 AM

and with shadowclones
you can feel everything at once if you release them at the right time

a ultra-mega-zomg orgasm so to say.

well... *cough*

the anbu squad was really cool, finally some "not so useless" no-name-shinobi
and I always had the feeling that summons are way to overpowered... I don't like them. It's like throwing paintball-bombs onto a paintball field where paintball players currently have a fair match, if you know what i mean.

RyougaZell
Sun, 05-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Summons have always been overpowered. The main issue regarding the summoning Pain is that it can summon multiple creatures, therefore its causing extreme problems to whoever fights against it, whether it was Jiraiya or the ANBU.

depthcharge
Sun, 05-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Choaza flattened the Pain that was a puppet.

thanks for pointing that out. Yeah it was Asura Path, of the Six path of pain.

I mistaken them because both of them look slightly chubby and i didnt look carefully.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Well, the puppet one is really obvious because it's bald.

The way she was dissing him it looked more like she did feel it but was still able to easily dismiss itConsidering she's just an animated corpse, I don't think she was feeling pain.

Azonalanthious
Mon, 05-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Summons have always been overpowered. The main issue regarding the summoning Pain is that it can summon multiple creatures, therefore its causing extreme problems to whoever fights against it, whether it was Jiraiya or the ANBU.

I think it might be better to say that its always had the potential to be overpowered rather then always overpowered. Things like pain's summons or the various sanin summons, sure, loads of power there. But things like Kakashi summoning his ninja hounds - hardly a deal breaker and I suspect that's probably much more in line with a 'normal' ninja summons then the very top of the power scale summons we normally see. Additionally, while Pain's summons are probably puppets (got the metal and eyes after all), I think its important to keep in mind that most summons aren't - they are allies, but they need their own motivation to fight. Heck, Oro's snake theatened to eat him if memory serves and seemed like a very double edged sword.

Sam98034
Mon, 05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
They might all be real but under rinnegan hypnosis and not necessarily puppets. Like how the sharingan controlled the Kyubi. The size may also depend on chakra capacity. Naruto was only able to summon the big frog b/c of the kyuubi chakra. Kakashi might have not had enough chakra to summon the multi-headed dog that pain could summon.

Azonalanthious
Wed, 05-19-2010, 01:07 AM
They might all be real but under rinnegan hypnosis and not necessarily puppets. Like how the sharingan controlled the Kyubi. The size may also depend on chakra capacity. Naruto was only able to summon the big frog b/c of the kyuubi chakra. Kakashi might have not had enough chakra to summon the multi-headed dog that pain could summon.

I was thinking real but controlled, same as the pain bodies. But I phrased it poorly, since there are actualy puppet jutsus in the sand village. As for the chakra, I always figured chakra used determined the size of the summoning 'gate' -- that is to say the more chakra used, the larger the citter you could bring through. But the flip side is that size isn't everything - summong a small but powerful critter would be a very chakra efficient power up, such as the old frog or the 3rd's monkey.

depthcharge
Wed, 05-19-2010, 11:21 AM
while the topic is on summoning. Would Pain be capable of summoning 'beings' that he didnt sign contracts with, he already have chameleon, scorpions, rhinos, 2head dogs, centipedes.

1- can he summon frogs?
2- can he summon the legendary 3rd's monkey Enma(btw is the most kickass summon that existed)
3- just for the sake of Konohamaru - did the 3rd get Konohamaru to sign a contract with the monkey clan?

ASSpirine
Wed, 05-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Would the summons also be dead bodies? It does seem likely, if you look at the pains, so there would be no need for contracts. That's my assumption at least.

Also, has it ever been said that you can only have a contract with 1 (type of) animal?

depthcharge
Wed, 05-19-2010, 12:23 PM
you mean to say the summons that Animal Pain summon is actually dead, and controlled indirectly by Nagato?

I guess that could make sense since they do have the same Rinnegan eyes.

redcat
Wed, 05-19-2010, 01:40 PM
the summons have the black spikes and rinnegan eyes which seem to suggest they are just puppet corpses like the 6 human pains. so instead of a contract to summon anyone of a certain animal type she can summon those particular ones only.

Kraco
Wed, 05-19-2010, 02:44 PM
They should also share the same weakness the Pain zombies do - well, assuming Konoha will get anywhere with their research on the rods. But it's quite obvious there should be a major weakness and I hope such a thing will be used to defeat this invasion.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-19-2010, 09:08 PM
scorpionsI believe that's a crab.