PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 494

Marik
Wed, 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/34044170/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/Naruto_494.zip)

Sam98034
Thu, 05-13-2010, 12:19 AM
That wasn't really that interesting or exciting. I felt like nothing happend this chapter. Did Kubo make this one?

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-13-2010, 01:20 AM
well. it did clear out some of the issues.
also definite proof that the demon can be sealed into a person at any age (I was under the impression that it could only be done to babies, more or less).

and Naruto did get a good moment of "the bastard is using me to solve his problems!"

Tofu #2
Thu, 05-13-2010, 01:20 AM
couldnt help but lmao to killerbees reaction to motoi's revelation

Sam98034
Thu, 05-13-2010, 01:37 AM
I couldn't really get into the emotion of it, though. There was not much in the way of build up. Also, the story wasn't that satisfying. After Motoi's story I was like "That was it? Really?" I thought Killer Bee had a more bad ass story to him than that.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-13-2010, 08:52 AM
***yawn***

depthcharge
Thu, 05-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Sasuke is considered to be a friend, by Naruto. Check
Sasuke has attempted to beat/kill Naruto. Check
Naruto still thinks of Sasuke as a friend. Check
Sasuke and Naruto has bummed fist. Check

Naruto unlock super Kyubi combination mode.

Naruto story win purely because, this is a story about Naruto, and not Killa Bee.

Otherwise, we would be known as KillaBee fans.

Archangel
Thu, 05-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Pretty boring chapter, it's not like we give a crap about the past life of some douchebag who got introduced 2 or 3 weeks ago

samsonlonghair
Thu, 05-13-2010, 12:11 PM
I was hoping that Bee would be a badass like Raikage. This is a little disappointing.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 05-13-2010, 10:08 PM
This chapter served no purpose.
None.
damnit... there's gonna be a lot of these to follow I reckon.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-14-2010, 06:44 PM
This is just sad. I'm all for establishing personality and character development. Naruto's little "bastard's using me..." adds some flavor to his personality, and killerbee's character got developed a bit. Fine. The problem is, this all seems like a set up for Bee to teach Naruto how to be a nice guy. Teach Naruto how to overcome the darkness within him. This is a problem because, well, wasn't Naruto's most noteworthy talent the ability to make people become his friends because he had such a warm and outgoing personality? Didn't Karen recognize Naruto's chakra as all bright and shiny?

This whole arc seems to be trying to artificially inject Naruto with some previously non-existant darkness, so he can then overcome it and take one step closer to becoming the hero he's being set up to be. Maybe I'm just too old to be reading this shit.

poopdeville
Fri, 05-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Everybody has some darkness in them.

Consider how Naruto flipped out and let the Kyuubi free when Pein "killed" Hinata. The Kyuubi latched on to his negative emotion and convinced Naruto to unbind him. Same thing when he fought against Orochimaru. He didn't free the Kyuubi, but his body was under the Kyuubi's control. Naruto explicitly said the Kyuubi took over because he was so angry at Orochimaru.

This is actually a pretty well thought out plot point...

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 05-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Those examples though, they seem more like righteous indignation than 'darkness' so to speak. Seems like the kyubi latched on to Naruto's anger at the death of a friend, or at the shit talk of a hated foe. What seems artificial, is something different from that. It's Naruto's persistant even if well tucked away, resentment towards the village. Ever since Iruka hugged Naruto in that first episode, there's been very little if anything at all to show that he was harboring such emotions. He's always come across as friendly, loving, and most importantly, genuine. To now try and say Naruto's actually been a little phony all this time is going to require more suspension of disbelief than should be necessary.

If mastering the demon is going to require mastery of anger, as a general emotion, I can accept that. It'd be nice to see Naruto as a zen master. But if it's 'darkness', as in the petty things, the secret things, the weaknesses that lead to evil, then it just seems to me like another breaking of an established fact in the Narutoverse. Naruto is genuine and good. TBH, that's always been kind of a bore, but to try and change that NOW requires far more than it looks like we're going to get.

Sam98034
Sat, 05-15-2010, 12:23 AM
This is just sad. I'm all for establishing personality and character development. Naruto's little "bastard's using me..." adds some flavor to his personality, and killerbee's character got developed a bit. Fine. The problem is, this all seems like a set up for Bee to teach Naruto how to be a nice guy. Teach Naruto how to overcome the darkness within him. This is a problem because, well, wasn't Naruto's most noteworthy talent the ability to make people become his friends because he had such a warm and outgoing personality? Didn't Karen recognize Naruto's chakra as all bright and shiny?

This whole arc seems to be trying to artificially inject Naruto with some previously non-existant darkness, so he can then overcome it and take one step closer to becoming the hero he's being set up to be. Maybe I'm just too old to be reading this shit.

In my opinion you are seeing Kishi try to reason why Bee can control his tailed beast while Naruto can't. I am like you and am not satisfied with the rational behind it. It would have made a lot more sense if Bee did it by communicating and coming to some sort of mutual understanding with the beast. From this last chapter we see that the 8-tails was originally crazy and Bee tamed it. I'm not sure not being evil will make Naruto tame the 9-tails.

What I'm hoping is that this whole "no speck of evil" thing is just the very small starting point to taming the beast but it is none the less important because you can't begin without having accomplished this first. I think you are correct in your assumption that Naruto doesn't really have any of that "evil" in him towards his village; he let that go a long time ago. I think Kishi should have used something else to personify the evil inside Naruto. Maybe Naruto is very resentful towards people who give up easily and contradict their ideals? Maybe he holds a small grudge towards EVERYONE for giving up on Sasuke. Maybe he hates Sasuke a little for giving up on himself? All of these would probably have made better examples of the little evil in Naruto.

poopdeville
Sat, 05-15-2010, 01:41 AM
If mastering the demon is going to require mastery of anger, as a general emotion, I can accept that. It'd be nice to see Naruto as a zen master. But if it's 'darkness', as in the petty things, the secret things, the weaknesses that lead to evil, then it just seems to me like another breaking of an established fact in the Narutoverse. Naruto is genuine and good. TBH, that's always been kind of a bore, but to try and change that NOW requires far more than it looks like we're going to get.

I was trying to get at your first point: requiring a mastery of his anger. I think the Kyuubi will latch on to any negative emotion and cause it to grow into something uncontrollable. Indeed, way back when, "somebody" (in the manga) said that the Bijuu appear (as natural disasters) in places where hatred festers. I guess I am trying to retroactively defend Kishi, but maybe that's because Jinchuuriki who don't master their anger end up blowing up -- like Gaara basically did. Naruto had to deal with some shit over being the Konoha Jinchuuriki, and I guess Bee did too. Gaara got shafted.

On the other hand, I do understand where you're coming from. Why should Evil Naruto be anywhere near as strong as regular Naruto? He definitely has some things to be angry about, but they are not major forces in his life. It would be more "realistic" if Hinata had died, and Naruto still hated Pein for it, for example. Sam had some good points to this question though.

And to answer my own question (why should Evil Naruto be as strong as regular Naruto?)... maybe the Kyuubi has already influenced Naruto's negative emotions and magnified them. Maybe the lesson Naruto needs to learn is that he's had a pretty damn good life, all things considered. And that the Kyuubi is trying to blow shit out of proportion, just to take over him. Under this interpretation, the fight against Evil Naruto is figuratively a fight against the Kyuubi's influence.

On a similar topic: if you "merely" need to get rid of negative emotions to control the bijuu, then the Sage of the Six Paths was an awesome badass of goodness. And Madara will (presumably) be taken over by the Jyuubi very quickly. And I doubt the Jyuubi will want to make world peace through Sharingan hax.

Splash!
Sat, 05-15-2010, 10:19 AM
On a similar topic: if you "merely" need to get rid of negative emotions to control the bijuu, then the Sage of the Six Paths was an awesome badass of goodness. And Madara will (presumably) be taken over by the Jyuubi very quickly. And I doubt the Jyuubi will want to make world peace through Sharingan hax.

Except in Madara's case, he doesn't need to be nice because the Sharingan hax also grants him the ability to control the bijuu against their will (well, the Kyuubi at least).