PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 584

Marik
Wed, 05-12-2010, 04:40 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/75222014/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/OnePiece_584.zip)

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Okay... now Im finally interested on the flashback... what the heck do the Tenryuubito want here?

Archangel
Wed, 05-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Okay... now Im finally interested on the flashback... what the heck do the Tenryuubito want here?
I'm not, i want my effing time skip

RyougaZell
Wed, 05-12-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm not, i want my effing time skip

You are just being emo.

I don't want a time skip. I want the crew to be together again. I need my Nami and Robin fix.

EDIT:

Btw. I was reading Viz version of the manga. Just begun Thriller Bark... but anyway... when the crews Bounty grew, after Ennies Lobbies, we got to see what the guys from Luffy's village were saying about the new bounty. The Mayor said "I wonder if Dadan and Garp know about this" or something like that. The guy seems to hate criminals... or so he says... but he mentioned Dadan just like that. I wonder if Luffy 'changed' her.

Assertn
Wed, 05-12-2010, 10:08 PM
I still suspect there to be some sort of big payoff from these flashbacks. Maybe they'll awaken something luffy forgot about, or maybe it'll reveal that Sabo is actually some badass that is still around.

Augury
Thu, 05-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Oda's usually pretty good with introducing important characters early instead of bringing them up shortly before or at their debut, so I think Sabo will die in the flashback.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Since the Tenryuubito are involved here... Sabo probably gets taken by them... or Sabo joined the Revolutionaries or something. I mean, Luffy and Ace seem happy on the small flashback where they declare themselves brothers, so Sabo's departure or death needs to take place after that.

Assertn
Thu, 05-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Oda's usually pretty good with introducing important characters early instead of bringing them up shortly before or at their debut, so I think Sabo will die in the flashback.

Dadan's still alive.

Tyreal
Thu, 05-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Is it at all possible the Sabo is Trafalgar Law? Maybe this flashback is about why Trafalgar Law is helping Luffy and not really about Ace? If Sabo done something to piss of a Tenryuubito it would explain why he left and why he has a different name now, the Revolutionaries/Garp/Dadan could of somehow got him to North Blue and given him a different name to protect him from the Tenryuubito/Marines (although why the Revolutionaries/Garp/Dadan would help him like this I have no idea). The only REAL problem with this idea is why didn't Luffy recognise him (although this is Luffy we're talking about, they only knew each other as kids and both times they met they were in the middle of a fight against the marines)

Then again maybe the above is all a waste of text and it's just me futilely trying to work out Law since there is obviously more to him (or he knows more) than he is letting on.

As for Dadan my prediction is that she is somehow connected to the Revolutionaries and thus Dragon, which is why Garp is leaving Luffy and Ace with her. Since I don't think Garp would just leave his grandson with a group of random bandits.

Archangel
Thu, 05-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Nice theory, but Trafalgar Law was said to be from North Blue when they first introduced him

rockmanj
Thu, 05-13-2010, 01:18 PM
I was thinking that it might be Law as well. And "from" doesn't necessarily mean that he was born there.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Lol. I did a quick search and it seems many do have the theory that Law and Sabo may be the same. This time around, I think its a theory I wouldn't mind. Law is badass. More than Kid.

Assertn
Thu, 05-13-2010, 03:12 PM
As for Dadan my prediction is that she is somehow connected to the Revolutionaries and thus Dragon, which is why Garp is leaving Luffy and Ace with her. Since I don't think Garp would just leave his grandson with a group of random bandits.

I dunno about that...
Garp wanted Luffy and Ace to become marines, why would he give them to a revolutionary? Besides, Woopslap (or w/e), was pissed when he heard of Luffy becoming a pirate, and seemed to think that Dadan would be angry as well if she knew.

UChessmaster
Thu, 05-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I dunno about that...
Garp wanted Luffy and Ace to become marines, why would he give them to a revolutionary?

Makes as much sense as giving them to criminals that don`t give a shit about them, just saying.

FireEmblem
Thu, 05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
More importantly, we can see part of the reasons why Luffy can take massive beatings. I can't believe he was taking such terrible beatings as a child. They always talked about Garp being rough on him for training but they never went into such explicit detail over what other things Luffy did that made him so tough.

Also now we can see why Luffy (and Ace) was already so strong when the series started. He basically became a pirate and an outlaw since his early childhood. That's pretty incredible and details like these are what set Oda several cuts above the rest.