PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 493

Marik
Thu, 05-06-2010, 02:55 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/493-140/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/Naruto_493.zip)

rockmanj
Thu, 05-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I actually liked that chapter a lot. Although we are due for a flashback, I'm looking forward to it. And the 8-tails seems like a pretty cool monster. I wonder what a tamed Kyuubi would be like.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Wake me up when we finish the teary cliched flashback

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 05-06-2010, 05:50 PM
That last panel took me aback...just a little. Somehow tentacles of inky doom seem more frightning than a cuddly fox.

My prediction: Naruto hugs bad Naruto.

Showtimedr
Thu, 05-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I really waited 2 weeks for this -_-

Typical hero vs evil hero clone stuff.

The part with Bee was sorta interesting. Flashback ahoy. It will probably take Naruto another 3 chapters to "Control" the fox. Then hopefully Akatsuki will speed things along so we can have an actual decent fight.

At least the t.v series in on the epic pein konoha stuff.

Sidnne
Thu, 05-06-2010, 10:04 PM
How come Hollow Naruto isn't a clueless twit like Regular Naruto and is able to understand and explain basic concepts? I think I like Hollow Naruto better.

Sam98034
Fri, 05-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Yeah. Hollow Naruto IS the real Naruto. New series coming.

Way off the subject here, but after seeing the latest episode, Kakashi's technique looks a lot like Tobi's...Anyone think Tobi = Hanzo + Obito's Eye? We never found out what happend to the powerful Hanzo, did we? And I think Obito's body was in Hanzo's country, if I'm not mistaken.

Jman
Fri, 05-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Proceed (http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6749/bleach2020hollow20ichig.jpg)
Good call on Naruto's alter ego. I for one hope he kicks the snot out of wimp Naruto for a bit. And :D @ Bee's rap. "I blow suckas down like a mother fuckin squall" lolwat?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-07-2010, 07:16 AM
it's a good idea to make the jinchurinkishinki someone related to the village kage. too bad that Konoha didn't quite get the point of it.

did we ever see that scene with the frog talking about evil naruto heart?
the evil inside the heart is always smarter, he's got the advantage of knowing what's happening, although it's no excuse for the normal naruto to be extra dumb.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 05-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Umm excuse me if Im wrong but isn't Naruto the son of the 4th deathboo?

Bee is a little bitch if you ask me. Ninja war is bout to break out and he won't train him? He shoulda just told him to go to that mirror falls place himself and if he passed then he would train him. Not all this stupid nonsense. Who cares about Bee's past at this point reallllly?

Archangel
Fri, 05-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes, but he only learned about it a few chapters ago making the whole "pride" concept unusable

I never understood why nobody ever told him or the villagers anyway... i guess a happy childhood doesn't make for a good hero

Assertn
Fri, 05-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Gaara's dad was the Kazekage and he was made into a jinchurriki.
Then his dad tried to have him killed.

Archangel
Fri, 05-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Gaara's dad was the Kazekage and he was made into a jinchurriki.
Then his dad tried to have him killed.
Evil Gaara... good times :o

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-07-2010, 05:32 PM
yeah, the whole jinkuchurinkinshinsiki thing was flawed from the beginning.

Naruto was a "let's put the horrbile demon inside a person and hope it won't destroy us in the next sixty years, and after that, we'll think of something new" strategy. it seemed like a valid idea in the time.

Gaara had a "the evil people are weaponizing pumpkins and abuse the forces of nature to get stronger" message. which was a good contrast to naruto and the peaceful village.

then, it was revealed that all jinchurriki are supposed to be inside humans and act as balancing weapons between villages.
and it went to crap because it seems that some villages don't mind having their superweapon taken away from them (Zombie duo said that the villagers cheered when they captured the last jinchurriki).
and now they put emphasize by saying how important it is to keep the demon container loyal to the village.

bunch of woodcrap.

Sam98034
Sat, 05-08-2010, 02:47 AM
I know what you mean. When the series first started, you thought that sealing the Kyuubi into a person was the only way they could possibly stop it, and it had to go into a baby who was pure, without evil, so the Kyuubi couldn't corrupt it. And you thought that the 4th made up some crazy technique to do it. But it turns out everyone knows that technique and all the other villagers are doing it.

Also, before the whole kyuubi thing...the leaf just didn't have a tailed beast or something? Were they just the laughing stocks of all the other big villagers? It doesn't seem that way, so what was the kyuubi doing before?

And wasn't it a natural disaster? What were all the other ones, then? Kishi probably didn't have the tailed beasts planned out all the way when he started this series.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 05-08-2010, 08:42 AM
While a lot of this demon host stuff is bull, there are a few things I find acceptable. When we first started, Konoha seemed like a village of good guys with good hearts living in good communities, etc. Then, we eventually learn of the exam process they undergo, which while not quite as evil as the hidden mist's, was still pretty fucked up. We then get to learn more about what putting a demon inside of a host does to the host, Naruto included. Then we learn of the organization called roots, their methods and goals. These are bits and pieces of information that sully Konoha's pristine image. Konoha's no more a village of "good guys" than any other. This latest demon host information is nothing but another stain on that image.

Also, I don't have a problem with how people see the demon hosts. Even if they're meant as weapons to strengthen the village and are created by the village governments, there's often a disconnect between how the general population feels about certain things and how the government feels about those things. This is just one of those examples.

depthcharge
Sat, 05-08-2010, 09:09 AM
The story has it as, Tail beasts were initially controlled by the First Hokage, the number one guy in Senjuu clan. Possibly the number guy ever in the ninja world. Since he actually can control all the tailed beast, 1-9.

Eventhough, he is the most powerful guy, plenty of people still fight against and for him, regardless of the geographic location.
(I cant quote the orignal chapters that talked about this, but I think it was sometime after Madara started to recruit Sasuke.)

Madara,)uchiha clan being the geographically closer clan to Konoha(which consist of the bykugan, senjuu plus other clan) somehow came to a truce and form a big communal village.

Madara, fought with First Hokage, but lost to him because of the powers of the tailed beasts.

Anyhow, trying to end the wars between the villages, the First Hokage, decided to "share" the powers that he posses, in the form of sealing the tailed beast among the big villages.

The choice of who the containers is depended on the individual village. How they vetted for the jinchuriki most likely depended upon their relationship with the most powerful person in their own village.

I think the Kyubi is the odd one out, because he does not need to be sealed in the jinchuriki, till the First Hokage bit the dust.(since he can control the Kyubi without sealing technique) Madara as it seem might have the power to control the Kyubi without sealing techinque as well.

As we also know, the sealing techniques(a forbidden technique- not to say a secret technique) since it is pretty well known. It may be a variation, but the technique used by the 4th Hokage, Naruto's father, is known to sacrifice it's caster and seals half the kyubi's chakra in Naruto.
Why the 4th Hokage choose Naruto, well at that point he was the Hokage, and persumably the 1st Hokage died already, and the Kyubi, which should not have been near the Konoha village is being attacked by it*(supposedly, Madara was the person controlling the Kyubi to attack the Konoha, out of bitterness/revenge)
Therefore the 4th Hokage, sacrificed himself, and his son, thinking that the sealing technique can also possibly provide extra chakra for his son.

Now the question is, if it was possible to seal one tailed beast in a jinchuriki, can you seal all 9 of them in one jinchuriki.*(and was that the case for the first Hokage)

Sam98034
Sat, 05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Now the question is, if it was possible to seal one tailed beast in a jinchuriki, can you seal all 9 of them in one jinchuriki.*(and was that the case for the first Hokage)

I think "Madara" said that they were originally one beast that was controlled by the sage of the six paths, the creator of all ninjitsu, who also split up all the tailed beasts.

depthcharge
Sun, 05-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Sage of the six paths and the First Hokage isnt the same person right?

Where the hell did the Sage of six path come from, that details from the origin of Pain? When you throw in Sage of the Six path and its relationship with the tailed beasts, it kind of messes up the tailed beast's relationship with the First Hokage.

ForteCross
Sun, 05-09-2010, 11:14 AM
doesnt have to, the sage of six could control the tailed beast when they were one. while the first hokage could control them when they were separated from each other

Sam98034
Mon, 05-10-2010, 02:00 AM
Sage of the six paths and the First Hokage isnt the same person right?

Where the hell did the Sage of six path come from, that details from the origin of Pain? When you throw in Sage of the Six path and its relationship with the tailed beasts, it kind of messes up the tailed beast's relationship with the First Hokage.

Legend has it he's the guy who started ninjitsu and all the ninja crap. He was the first. I forget his name exactly, be he had the rinnegan. Some say he and the rinnegan are just a myth, but Pain proves otherwise. He apprently defeated the 10 tailed beast by sealing it inside himself and became the savior of the world or something.

Oh wait....here:

The Sage of the Six Paths (六道仙人, Rikudō Sennin) was said to be the legendary figure who founded the ninja world and was the creator and first user of modern ninjutsu (http://forums.gotwoot.net/wiki/Ninjutsu), essentially making him the first shinobi in the modern context of the term, as well as the first jinchūriki (http://forums.gotwoot.net/wiki/Jinch%C5%ABriki).

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sage_of_the_Six_Paths

depthcharge
Mon, 05-10-2010, 04:37 AM
Good link. Kishimoto does seem to have the story under control.

I wonder why works like Naruto doesnt make the author rich like the Harry Potter series does for JK Rowling.

I reckon to discuss that it has to do with packaging and marketing of a piece of work. Then again, comparing the world of Naruto and the world of Harry Potter does seem like of a similar nature but different medium.

:brushing up my reading on the first hokage too.

Sam98034
Mon, 05-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Good link. Kishimoto does seem to have the story under control.

I wonder why works like Naruto doesnt make the author rich like the Harry Potter series does for JK Rowling.

I reckon to discuss that it has to do with packaging and marketing of a piece of work. Then again, comparing the world of Naruto and the world of Harry Potter does seem like of a similar nature but different medium.

:brushing up my reading on the first hokage too.

I'm sure Kishi makes money from any movie or products that have Naruto in them. I think Harry Potter does better in the box office, though. And I don't know about you, but I've been reading/watching Naruto and have never paid a dime for it.

depthcharge
Mon, 05-10-2010, 05:49 AM
I think it has to be an availablity and marketing issue.

You know the simultaneous book release of Harry Potter, even though you can get soft copies online soon after release. The fact that simultaneous, multi language release of the Harry Potter series has indeed a great effect on sales.

At last the comic/manga, format does not seem to have caught up in terms of commercial release.

Once again, a touchy issue. But it does not mean that I do not enjoy the near instantaneous release of manga in fan-translated release, or that I do support the sales of manga by licensed publisher.

Psyke
Mon, 05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
My prediction: Naruto hugs bad Naruto.

Cue butterflies and rainbows. :(

Showtimedr
Tue, 05-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Harry Potter also finally figured out they could tell the whole story of the final two books instead of condensing it into one book per movie as they had been. Too bad they didn't figure that out earlier.

Very few series can get away with that even the best books LOTR is one example.

Naruto is gonna milk us for a long time yet. Just look at Dragonball. They STILL have Dragonball Z games coming out and that series has been on repeat for how many years now?

Sam98034
Wed, 05-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Get with it dude, it's Dragon Ball Kai now. Totally different than Dragon Ball Z.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-23-2010, 01:47 PM
screw that shit.
I'm not turning my name into Death Boo Kai.

Sam98034
Sun, 05-23-2010, 10:06 PM
What about "Death BOO Kai Ke" for a double entendre? That's a terrible way to die, though.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 05-24-2010, 07:57 AM
I don't get it. what's the joke?

Sam98034
Mon, 05-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Death BOO Kai Ke = Death Bukakke

Look up Bukakke if you want.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 05-25-2010, 08:45 AM
when I read this I felt like a sadsack I didn't get the joke. Now Im pretty okay with it. seems like something Id expect death boo to get right away though.

Sam98034
Wed, 05-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I've heard somewhere that drowning is a prety bad way to die--one of the worst--but this would be on a whole different level.