PDA

View Full Version : Game: Halo REACH

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 05-01-2010, 09:55 AM
http://www.shutupandgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/halo-reach1.jpg
The latest installment in the classic bungie Halo series. This time we go back in time to an entirely different spartan's point of view. Thats all I'm gonna go into about the story cause I am way more pumped about the multiplayer.

This isn't your dad's Halo. This is a completely new game nothing like the jump from halo 2 to halo 3. You can pick different sets of armor when respawning. For each set there's a special ability that comes along for the ride.

You have sprinting; for getting out of those rooms that will most assuredly be a grenade haven in a second.

Armor lock not exactly sure what this does but from what I hear it allows you to stonewall yourself from taking ANY more damage once activated. So if you see a rocket heading your way... STONEWALLED. Also when you pop out of it if anyone is close next to you waiting for the cheap assassination kill, they'll lose all their shields.

Thruster Pack Just what it sounds like, a jet pack! Be careful though you only get a certain amount like all the other abilities it has a meter and a cooldown. So make sure you make it to the ground or a platform before it runs out... because fall damage is back. Along with health packs. Also you're a wide open target because it moves relatively slow compared to sprinting.

and finally Camo works just like the old camo pickups except when you activate it you also jam the opponents radars. Sooo once their radars are jammed they know what to look for. IMO the least likely for me to be using.

All you need is your ODST case with the BETA code hopefully still inside. Who else is gonna be joining me on xbox live on May 3rd when the beta is opened?

heres a video highlighting some the new abilities and weaponry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9nBG_Hmyzk&feature=related

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 05-03-2010, 12:12 PM
62 views and no one can say one word?

animus
Mon, 05-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Played a bit of the beta before I went to class. It's pretty fun.

Assertn
Tue, 05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Sounds like a name you'd see on a fancy, overpriced toothbrush.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 05-06-2010, 03:50 PM
the guns and armor abilities are about awesome. the two hit way too quick beatdown and overused grenades ruin all of that though. they need either less grenades, start with 1 so people use it wisely. and they need to make it take 3 smacks to kill. or make the beatdowns have a much longer cooldown