PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 158

Marik
Thu, 04-29-2010, 06:15 AM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 158 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=127445) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=127444)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Hmm.. I bit slow I have to say. The only thing revealed that we didn't previously know was the measures Danzo would take to accomplish his objectives.

And now with the frog dead, we'll have to wait even longer to finally see some sage action. :(. Regarding that, I sure hope we get to see some new moves rather than just a supercharged Naruto.

Mugen
Thu, 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
i forgot how badass kakashi was, should be a good fight next week.. I never realized how good the opening was i always skip through those, this arc looks promising

antiravage
Thu, 04-29-2010, 01:49 PM
i forgot how badass kakashi was, should be a good fight next week..

Except the preview looks like shit. From the preview, the animation from next week's episode promises to be horrible.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 04-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Half this episode seemed like flashback or just useless filler.

Kraco
Thu, 04-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Pain (or at least this remote controlled bodies technique) has to have an epic weakness just waiting to be found. He would be way too overpowered otherwise.

arondruiz
Thu, 04-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Except the preview looks like shit. From the preview, the animation from next week's episode promises to be horrible.

I wouldn't say "horrible" - 152, 154, 155, 156, 157, and 158 were horrible. This one looks to be mostly mediocre.

antiravage
Thu, 04-29-2010, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't say "horrible" - 152, 154, 155, 156, 157, and 158 were horrible. This one looks to be mostly mediocre.

From the title it looks like it will be a huge fight. But looking at the preview, the animation seems to be weak. Well, maybe the fight will have more than one episode, and the next one will have better animation, I don't know. We'll see.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-29-2010, 09:47 PM
It was an episode of wall to wall heartfelt speeches.

I might have been bored if the music hadn't been so good during all of them.

Pain (or at least this remote controlled bodies technique) has to have an epic weakness just waiting to be found. He would be way too overpowered otherwise.I don't see how he's any more overpowered than any six other high level ninjas would be.

I mean, sure, in a 1 on 6 fight the coordination is probably a big advantage, but with all 6 of them spread out and fighting separate battles it really lessens the impact of the Rinnegan's shared sight. Being able to see through all their eyes doesn't do you much good if the bodies are too far away to back each other up.

Kraco
Fri, 04-30-2010, 01:49 AM
I still consider all six, or rather seven since the original isn't among them, to be just one dude. These six ninja now, while kicking so much ass that Konoha, supposed to be one of the strongest ninja villages, will soon be nothing but ruins, are still 100% expendable. So, losing one or all six of these will mean nothing at all to Pain yet each one of them is able to cause massive damage.

I'd say that's quite a bit of power. Any normal six ninja of equal prowess would still face the danger of getting killed but that's of no consequence at all for Pain.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 04-30-2010, 09:27 AM
well he couldnt really be considered as God if he wasnt one tough mofo

Sam98034
Sun, 05-02-2010, 12:44 AM
I would expect the leader of Akatsuki to be this overpowered. Look at the other guys in Akatsuki--that's the competition he had to beat out.

Kraco
Sun, 05-02-2010, 02:11 AM
I would expect the leader of Akatsuki to be this overpowered. Look at the other guys in Akatsuki--that's the competition he had to beat out.

I don't remember a single instance of Akatsuki members fighting to find out who should be their leader. It's more than clear that most of them would never consider the others friends or anything even remotely like that - they are villains after all - but there's no profit in fighting amongst themselves. Oro's fight against Itachi was to steal his eyes, not to climb ranks.

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-02-2010, 01:27 PM
would you join someones team if you were a badass ninja just because he says something like "LETS DESTROY DA WORLD!! (what is their goal again?)"?

even if you have the same goal, you wouldn't do that

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-02-2010, 01:41 PM
would you join someones team if you were a badass ninja just because he says something like "LETS DESTROY DA WORLD!! (what is their goal again?)"To rule the world, not destroy it. At least, that's what Pain was telling them. He told the rest of Akatsuki that their goal was to capture all the tailed beasts. Unleash them on the Villages, then get paid to stop them, then use that money to create a new ninja nation to take over the world.

Privately, Pain believes the goal is to capture all the tailed beasts, use them to invent nukes, and destroy all the ninja villages.

Of course, that's probably just what Madara told him and Madara's real goal is something else entirely.

Kraco
Sun, 05-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Realistically speaking living as a rogue ninja shouldn't be so sweet. There should always be people tracking you down and no night would grant you a peaceful sleep, few merchants would deal with you, or countries welcome you. So, joining any organization of reasonable power would probably seem like a blessed opportunity. All the better if there exist a plan that would grant you a more solid future.

Although as we have seen, Konoha and the other villages/countries have done preciously little to actually hunt down Akatsuki. They just talk big but do next to nothing. At least they now know they do have a real, concrete enemy as well: Rain. It should be easier to strike against a country than an ambiguous underground organization or ideology.

Sam98034
Sun, 05-02-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't remember a single instance of Akatsuki members fighting to find out who should be their leader. It's more than clear that most of them would never consider the others friends or anything even remotely like that - they are villains after all - but there's no profit in fighting amongst themselves. Oro's fight against Itachi was to steal his eyes, not to climb ranks.

I didn't mean it so much that way. I meant that it would be unlikely that Pain would be the leader if he was weaker than they were. It would be hard to have any sort of authority if he could just be taken down so easily. I guess being the strongest isn't necessarily a prerequisite to being the leader of this group, but I think it's implied in the Manga. He calls himself a god and everything, I don't think he's too scared of anyone in his organization.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Realistically speaking living as a rogue ninja shouldn't be so sweet. There should always be people tracking you down and no night would grant you a peaceful sleep, few merchants would deal with you, or countries welcome you.I imagine that 99.99% of the people in the Naruto world wouldn't know a rogue ninja if they saw him. It'd be like a person now recognizing a rogue spy on the street. I don't think shopping is actually a problem for rogues.