PDA

View Full Version : Game: Tales of Vesperia

Archangel
Fri, 04-23-2010, 02:38 PM
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2687/85532278.jpg

Ten years after it first came to U.S. shores, the Tales series of role-playing games from Japanese developer and publisher Bandai Namco is still going strong. And to celebrate its longevity, Namco Tales Studio has created Tales of Vesperia, an Xbox 360 exclusive that brings the Tales world into high-definition for the first time.

I just got it, anyone got some tips for a beginner?

fireheart
Fri, 04-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Well none in particular, it's pretty easy from what I remember since the battle system isn't the most complex and they walk you through it pretty good, but the general rules of RPG applies, save often and make sure you got enough healing items though you can only carry 15. Though there's a ton of sidequests some that lead to other sidequests and some that are only available at certain times so without a guide it's pretty hard to trigger everything but also a lot of fun since you can trigger stuff without knowing it, sometimes it's enough that you just sleep at the inn for example.

Archangel
Fri, 04-23-2010, 05:42 PM
As a first note i'll say that the dub is fantastic, the actor voicing Yuri really incarnates the character

By the way, i can't be the only one shocked when he turned out to be a guy right?

animus
Fri, 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM
The dude that voices Yuri also voices Snow in FFXIII.

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-23-2010, 07:55 PM
The dude that voices Yuri also voices Snow in FFXIII.

Troy Baker

He also voices Kanji in Persona 4

UChessmaster
Fri, 04-23-2010, 08:03 PM
heres a tip, dont sell weapons, i know theyre useful for something but i forgot >>

Archangel
Fri, 04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
heres a tip, dont sell weapons, i know theyre useful for something but i forgot >>

For synthesis?

Dark Dragon
Sat, 04-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah, just keep all weapons and armor you get. Some of them branch out during synthesis so you'll need to get both version if you want both sets of skills. The good thing is item is available end game so you can always go back and get what you miss. Money is really easy to make if you just bother learning all of the skill from weapons.

Also, the first time you are in a desert town. Rest as many times as you can at the inn until you run out of cutscenes.