PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episodes 154-155

Marik
Thu, 04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
[CrunchySubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 154 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=123421) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=123382)

[CrunchySubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 155 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=123427) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=123414)

Spoilerish new OP is spoilerish.

antiravage
Thu, 04-08-2010, 05:22 PM
No horriblesubs?

Pandadice
Thu, 04-08-2010, 06:15 PM
whoa the new OP and ED are awesome! I loved that OP D:.

Marik
Thu, 04-08-2010, 06:44 PM
No horriblesubs?

They haven't released anything since 4/3, because the leader moved again.

Archangel
Thu, 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Jesus.... avoid the OP for the next 20-30 episodes

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Oh my god, so much fucking awesome, haven't been this excited in ages!

Time to learn new shit? Hell yeah it is! And the whole Sage thing turned out to be way more interesting than I though it would. I thought it was going to be a bunch of stupid frog techniques, but it's a whole energy source and aspect of the world they've just introduced.

For a minute, I thought Naruto wasn't going to use clones for training and I was about to totally facepalm, but then he did and I was all "Hell yeah!" No hundreds of clones though, unfortunately.

It's too bad about the whole tranformation aspect because it looks really stupid. Hopefully Naruto will "master it completely" unlike Jiraiya and he won't have that problem.

I have a sneaking suspicion though that, since it is Naruto after all, he's going to go through all this training and obtain this huge powerup, and the end result is just going to be a giant green Rasenshuriken, which can blow up an entire mountain, but Naruto still won't be able to hit anyone with.

And then, after all that awesomeness, the last scene plays and now Killer Bee is like my favorite guy ever.

And yeah, I'm not a manga reader, but it's pretty fucking obvious from the opening what the next arc is about.

At least the frog eyes was only a spoiler for like one episode.

Pandadice
Thu, 04-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Jesus.... avoid the OP for the next 20-30 episodes

more like 4-5 episodes. *crosses fingers*

Archangel
Thu, 04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Haha Ender is right to be excited, the following arc is undoubtedly the most awesome in the whole manga

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Thank god for a sieve-like memory. I watched the OP twice and I still don't remember what was spoilerish about it :P

Not only did Jiraiya obtain frog-like properties, but he also required the two Elders to perform his technique. Let's see what Naruto can do.

I wonder how well the Rasenshuriken will work out. They mentioned increase recovery and all, but it doesn't dismiss the fact that using that move will cause microcuts in his arm, severing the chakra channels there and stopping him from moulding any more.

Unless he uses this natural energy to create some sort of barrier over his arm, increased regeneration won't let him recover what supposedly can't be regenerated anymore.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-09-2010, 01:41 AM
I wonder how well the Rasenshuriken will work out. They mentioned increase recovery and all, but it doesn't dismiss the fact that using that move will cause microcuts in his arm, severing the chakra channels there and stopping him from moulding any more. Or maybe the Nature energy doesn't use the chakra channels since it's not chakra, and so it can heal those cuts.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-09-2010, 01:48 AM
Or maybe the Nature energy doesn't use the chakra channels since it's not chakra, and so it can heal those cuts.

The thing is that the attack itself cuts your chakra channels, much the same way it dices up your enemy on a larger scale.

antiravage
Fri, 04-09-2010, 10:21 AM
The real one isn't among them, go figure. It turns out there is a stronger guy behind it all.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 04-09-2010, 01:17 PM
"the real one isn't among them"

Obviously someone who never fought against Pain wouldn't fully understand. But the Toad sage saw a lot of what Pain is capable of including being able to revive a fallen body. Tsunade acting like this giant clue Jiraiya died to give them, they spent two episodes to figure out, is actually helpless to them right now.... it kinda urks me.

But thats small in comparison to the excitement for the episodes to come.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 04-09-2010, 01:25 PM
The new op was great. I would like to see some of those fights for sure.

Loved how Naruto keep getting hit even when he wasn't turning into a frog.

frog hermit
Fri, 04-09-2010, 06:18 PM
it seems like they are not going to drag on and on with the nature energy training which is good.

I wonder why using nature energy starts to turn you into a frog. Whats the logic behind it? I get using the toad oil would do it, sort of make sense. Is it nature energy or frog energy?

minor gripes, still excited

Penner
Fri, 04-09-2010, 06:43 PM
An octopus arm.... HA! that was so awesome!

Jessper
Fri, 04-09-2010, 07:41 PM
it seems like they are not going to drag on and on with the nature energy training which is good.

I wonder why using nature energy starts to turn you into a frog. Whats the logic behind it? I get using the toad oil would do it, sort of make sense. Is it nature energy or frog energy?

minor gripes, still excited

I imagine if say Tsunade used it she would turn into a slug. The blood contract would be the determining factor I imagine.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I've got mixed feelings about the training going fast. On one hand we get to see the results faster and not be bogged down with "mundane" training scenes, but on the other we also lose the effect of the dense Naruto overcoming some sort of hurdle to get his new power.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
"the real one isn't among them"

Obviously someone who never fought against Pain wouldn't fully understand. But the Toad sage saw a lot of what Pain is capable of including being able to revive a fallen body. Tsunade acting like this giant clue Jiraiya died to give them, they spent two episodes to figure out, is actually helpless to them right now.... it kinda urks me. Yeah, I was bothered by that too. "The real one isn't amoung them" should have been blatently obvious to the Toad Sage. Pain has a bunch of bodies..."The real one isn't amoung them" means the real one was somewhere else, not one of the 6 they were fighting. How fucking hard is that?

frog hermit
Fri, 04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
I imagine if say Tsunade used it she would turn into a slug. The blood contract would be the determining factor I imagine.

that makes sense. accepted

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-09-2010, 10:22 PM
that makes sense. acceptedI just assumed that once you use the toad oil, it always influences the process of using nature chakra from that point on. Otherwise, yeah, I don't see why Jirayia would turn into a toad when not using the oil.

frog hermit
Sun, 04-11-2010, 12:02 AM
maybe animals can only use nature energy, therefore nature energy is only available to someone through their blood contract with an animal making the user take on the characteristics of the chosen animal. or maybe its a secret that only the frogs figured out.

it just seems like something you would need to master if you wanted to be the best of the best in the ninja world and at this point in the series I am sure we have seen the best of the best, but only Jiriya seems to have used it.

Janusz
Sun, 04-11-2010, 12:05 AM
We actually know very little about the (earlier) Kage (so we have really only seen the recent best) or about the whole animal contract thingy. Only Jiraiya, Oro and Tsunade have summoned huge animals as far as I recall (Kakashi's dogs are kinda lame), so it seems to be pretty exclusive.

Thank god for a sieve-like memory. I watched the OP twice and I still don't remember what was spoilerish about it :P

You mean apart from [spoiler removed -- sorry, thought it was obvious].That said, it looks to be completely awesome. Naruto looks like a fusion between Jiraiya and the fourth :D

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-11-2010, 01:04 AM
We actually know very little about the (earlier) Kage (so we have really only seen the recent best) or about the whole animal contract thingy. Only Jiraiya, Oro and Tsunade have summoned huge animals as far as I recall (Kakashi's dogs are kinda lame), so it seems to be pretty exclusive.

The Third had his ape, and the Hidden Rain guy from the war had that giant Salamander. Like they said, Sage Mode is only for people with a large chakra capacity such that the natural energy won't overwhelm them. Not all excellent ninjas had that kind of capacity, so it's not the only technique around that kicks serious ass.

The mixing system itself is a little unclear to me at the moment. They mentioned that you mixed physical energy, spirit energy and natural energy together to use either Sage Jutsu or Sage mode. If you mixed too much natural energy into yourself, you'll be overwhelmed.

So.. that is to say the power you can draw from nature is limited by the amount of chakra you have yourself?

In that case, it's not as "unlimited" as it may seem. Also, it means Sage mode is best used at the beginning of battle when your chakra is at its max, as opposed to a last-resort move when you've got so little chakra left that you can only gather a minuscule amount to add to yourself.

[highlight to read spoiler]
You mean apart from Pain attacking Konaha and fighting everyone + Sage Naruto? Though that was kinda obvious from this episode alone.

Hmm.. well I don't remember any of that, but it's a bit hard to forget now when it's spelt out to me :(

Penner
Sun, 04-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Man, if theres spoilers in the OP... why point them out? :P

Janusz
Sun, 04-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Well, that was about all there was in the OP, so when I read at the start of this topic that the OP was spoilerish I thought it was obvious what they meant. Anyway I removed the exact details from my post for any further people that may come across my post.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, that was about all there was in the OP, so when I read at the start of this topic that the OP was spoilerish I thought it was obvious what they meant. Anyway I removed the exact details from my post for any further people that may come across my post.

Well it wasn't by all means wrong of you to do so, since as you said it should be blatantly obvious (for normal people :p) in the OP, but thanks for for editing for those who don't necessarily want to be reminded of it.

Kraco
Sun, 04-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Also, it means Sage mode is best used at the beginning of battle when your chakra is at its max, as opposed to a last-resort move when you've got so little chakra left that you can only gather a minuscule amount to add to yourself.

Doesn't matter to Naruto, naturally, since he has unlimited chakra from kyuubi. So, he should be able to stay in sage mode forever if he wants.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Doesn't matter to Naruto, naturally, since he has unlimited chakra from kyuubi. So, he should be able to stay in sage mode forever if he wants.

But Naruto also loses control to the Kyuubi when he uses too much of its chakra.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-11-2010, 01:52 PM
But Naruto also loses control to the Kyuubi when he uses too much of its chakra.Unless....the nature chakra balances it out.

If you use the pie chart example they provided in the anime, it's like

You have Naruto's chakra in red, Kyuubi's chakra in blue, and Sage power in green.

If too much of the pie gets taken over by the red, he goes berserk, if too much gets taken over by the green, he turns into a frog.

But what if you kept fueling both and kept either of those from taking over. Like you could tap into more and more of the Kyuubi, but as long as you absorbed and equal amount of Sage power, neither could overtake a majority of the pie.

Naruto could theoretically tap into as much of the Kyuubi's power as he wanted and not lose control, while using an equal amount of Sage power without going frog. His potential power is, like, double infinity.

Of course, at that point, Naruto's own blue chakra would only make up a tiny sliver of the pie. And who knows if that would be bad or not.

redcat
Sun, 04-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Of course, at that point, Naruto's own blue chakra would only make up a tiny sliver of the pie. And who knows if that would be bad or not.9 tailed frog?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-11-2010, 02:31 PM
9 tailed frog?I believe that would technically be a tadpole.

kmkze04
Sun, 04-11-2010, 05:58 PM
So.. that is to say the power you can draw from nature is limited by the amount of chakra you have yourself?

Actually, after watching the section where the old toad said that since Nature energy is external and won't tire you out, I'm thinking that the Nature energy is the only energy consumed while in Sage mode, physical and mental energy are only there to balance it and prevent it from taking over.

In other words, in a 2-dimensional illustration, the mental and physical energy form the two sides of a funnel through which Nature energy is poured. The funnel walls only prevent Nature energy from leaking into the body; they are not an actual source of combat strength.

If this is true, the limitation of Nature energy output is a constant number, which is determined by the user's maximum capacity of mental and physical chakra. In an RPG, this is like a technique which makes your ATK value equal your Maximum MP value at all times.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-12-2010, 02:42 AM
Actually, after watching the section where the old toad said that since Nature energy is external and won't tire you out, I'm thinking that the Nature energy is the only energy consumed while in Sage mode, physical and mental energy are only there to balance it and prevent it from taking over.

In other words, in a 2-dimensional illustration, the mental and physical energy form the two sides of a funnel through which Nature energy is poured. The funnel walls only prevent Nature energy from leaking into the body; they are not an actual source of combat strength.

If this is true, the limitation of Nature energy output is a constant number, which is determined by the user's maximum capacity of mental and physical chakra. In an RPG, this is like a technique which makes your ATK value equal your Maximum MP value at all times.

Yeah, that makes sense. The only issue now is to confirm whether nature energy alone really is able to form techniques, since all other techniques so far have always relied on chakra moulding - ie mixing.

But it's not without an example. Sasuke's thunder attack supposedly uses pure natural energy and zero chakra.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-12-2010, 04:48 PM
I got goosebumps watching the new opening in each and every scene. Good stuff.

Though I can't help but hate the ending despite the great animation... I absolutely can't stand OreSkaBand...

kmkze04
Wed, 04-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Yeah, that makes sense. The only issue now is to confirm whether nature energy alone really is able to form techniques, since all other techniques so far have always relied on chakra moulding - ie mixing.

But it's not without an example. Sasuke's thunder attack supposedly uses pure natural energy and zero chakra.

I'm not sure if Sasuke's utilized the same concept though... he more created a natural phenomenon and gave it a target. Sage mode seems to be actually drawing the external energy in, then moulding it and using it, rather than the energy being completely external.

In other words, Sasuke does everything outside, where Naruto actually acts like a conduit and lets the energy pass through his body. Both are a type of Nature energy, I'd think.

Archangel
Fri, 04-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Wow, they must have crammed like 4 or 5 chapters on this one

lilphatboi88
Fri, 04-16-2010, 01:16 PM
I get really turned off by the manga readers here who reveal something is spoiler. I thought the OP was really awesome and the only thing I got from it was Naruto ultimately facing Pain in sage mode. But apparently, there is much more than that....

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I got Pain and Konan fighting all of Konoha from the opening.

You know before they introduced Pain I was worried they were going though Akatsuki members too quickly. But with Pain you can have like an entire shounen showdown arc with just his different bodies fighting people 1 on 1.