http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/mayoi.jpg

Alternative titles:
迷い猫オーバーラン! (Japanese)
Stray Cats Overrun!

Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Producers: AIC
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Harem, Shounen

Summary: The story revolves around Takumi Tsuzuki, a boy who lives with his older sister Otome, although the two have no blood ties between them. Otome manages a run-down confectionary store called Stray Cats. One day, Otome picks up a mysterious beautiful girl off the streets.

Based on a romantic comedy light novels series created by Matsu Tomohiro and illustrated by Peko.

Links: Official Site (http://www.patisserie-straycats.com/) | ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11175) | AnDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7229) | MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/anime/7590/Mayoi_Neko_Overrun%21)

---

[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 01 [3A75CF8F].​mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=123131)

Kraco
Wed, 04-07-2010, 09:47 AM
It was a bit hyper episode. I'm not yet sure whether to keep watching or not. The character designs were pretty pleasant and there wasn't anything particular bothering me but neither was there exactly anything that would have hooked me immediately. I'll have to leave the decision for the second episode.

At least I'm happy Fumino (the tsundere girl) is already somewhat close to the guy and the guy understands her twisted behavior. Spares us from some cliche scenes.

animus
Wed, 04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I was a bit confused by the summary. At first I thought Fumino was the sister.

After I figured they were different, I thought the stray cat Otome picked up was Fumino when they were children.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I concur that it was a very hyperactive episode. It came off a bit disjointed and all over the place.

Yet somehow along the way, I got used to the pace, and I even got a bit attached to the characters. I'm particularly fond of the ongoing struggle of dishonesty between Fumino and the rich girl. The maids quietly antagonizing their master was amusing too. They follow her around, but don't really lift a finger to help her out in terms of social interaction.

I like that a lot of the Index/Railgun cast is reunited here as well. They seem to work pretty well off of each other.

Alhuin
Sun, 04-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Finally got around to watching the first episode. Hyperactive indeed. I enjoyed Fumino and her opposite condition, and, like Kraco mentioned, am glad her and Tsuzuki already have a decently close relationship. The rich loli-esque was a bit cliche, but the interaction of her maids made her character funny to watch.

All in all, this episode was epic win for me on one condition: Blue/White stripped pantsu.

I'll give it another episode or two before I decide to keep up with it.

Archangel
Mon, 04-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Cat harem show of the season... is the guy allergic to them too?

Alhuin
Mon, 04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Didn't show any in the first episode. That would be most annoying though if he was.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Cat harem show of the season... is the guy allergic to them too?

Interestingly, this one's also produced by AIC.

Marik
Tue, 04-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Interesting...

Marik
Tue, 04-13-2010, 10:54 PM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 02 [F8EE3DAF].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=124410)

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Fumino's dishonesty is so over the top and obvious to everyone else that it is actually rather refreshing. She's such a bad tsundere, she can't hide it at all.

Nozomi was quite unsurprisingly, perfect.

This is standard fare for the most part, but for some reason, I find it somewhat refreshing. It is entertaining, and Fumino well played and nicely written.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-14-2010, 08:25 PM
It was really standard fare, as emphasized by the overly generic character designs for most of the characters, especially the main guy.

I found myself skimming the last part of episode two, simply because one frame per minute is enough for me to tell exactly what is going on.

I like the design for the cat girl though, as well as the fact that baking is involved. Too bad that it isn't the focus of the show. A more balanced Yakitate Japan with harem romance should be very interesting.

Alhuin
Wed, 04-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Fumino wasn't refreshing at all to me this episode. It probably stems from my discussion with Yuki (concerning childhood friends and their unrelenting abuse to the main character for anything they do, ie Sora no Otoshimono) that has me disliking childhood friend types right now. It would be much more refreshing to me if she openly admitted her feelings for the main character instead, and abandoned her "divine punishment". But I guess you can't have a harem without the tsundere.

That being said, I still enjoyed this episode for the (not so surprising) perfect Nozomi, who is also (not so surprising) very comfortable being naked around other people. Nozomi gained the points Fumino lost for me. I'm looking forward to seeing what develops because of their living together (praying that the ending scene does not allude to Fumino being there as well).

The OP is very catchy and refreshing =].

Kraco
Thu, 04-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Fumino doesn't bother me currently perhaps exactly because she's so 100% textbook tsundere that it's rare indeed. Normally tsunderes have some sort of other personality quirks that make them if not more probable but more characteristic. Fumino, however, is like the basic description of a tsundere without any personalization. It's not like I'd have generally anything against tsunderes but I dislike the extreme cases.

Otome's total incompetency surprised me but Nozomi's personality was a good. She's quite serious but under the surface you could see her also teasing Takumi on purpose.

Alhuin
Thu, 04-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we definitely need more Otome. Indeed, her being incompetent at baking was a surprise, but after it was revealed I felt like I should have predicted it.

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Fumino doesn't bother me currently perhaps exactly because she's so 100% textbook tsundere that it's rare indeed. Normally tsunderes have some sort of other personality quirks that make them if not more probable but more characteristic. Fumino, however, is like the basic description of a tsundere without any personalization. It's not like I'd have generally anything against tsunderes but I dislike the extreme cases.
In some ways, Fumino reminds me of a very early Ayukawa Madoka. But in other ways they are very opposite. Madoka had an adult charm, while Fumino is very childish, especially in the way she denies things. But I think they both share that same level of dishonesty and self-denial.

It's far to early to see if Fumino will develop the same depth (I doubt it, short series supposedly), but the two of them give off a similar feeling. They are both cases of textbook tsundere personalities. They also share a high ratio of tsun to dere.

I expect Fumino's role might get minimized though as the series will probably shift heavily to Nozomi overall.

animus
Sat, 04-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Maybe it's just me, but the anime just feels awfully lonely. I don't know how many episodes this is planning to be but it just feels like standard harem ecchi fare.

Marik
Wed, 04-21-2010, 06:55 AM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 03 [720p] [EA940EFF].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=125793)

Kraco
Wed, 04-21-2010, 02:05 PM
When watching this episode I was thinking this show would likely be quite annoying if Tatami Takumi wasn't mostly so levelheaded and calm. With the (modern) textbook tsundere Fumino being like that, this series could easily be a disaster even if you aren't tsundere hating Yuki.

Of course it helps the series immensely that Nozomi is so damn cute (as expected from Azu-nyan's VA). It's no wonder Takumi ended up hugging her.

Fumino confessing so directly, even if it was forced by the circumstances, already in ep three surprised me. Perhaps it's another aspect of the down-to-earth elements of this series (in addition to Takumi's personality). An interesting mix of likely and unlikely.

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I agree. Takumi's presence changes the feel of the series considerably. If he wasn't there, I don't think the series would stand out at all. He has a reasonable attitude, acts responsibly and thoughtfully (not intending to pry into Nozomi's past until she brought it up), and acts calmly in most situations. He comes off as very casual and adult, perhaps owing to the circumstances in which he was given a name and a family. Strangely enough, in the flashbacks with Fumino, he displayed the same sort of attitude then that he does now. He would help her get back up when she felt down, in a manner in which she could help herself rather than rely on him.

Any other character would protest or overreact to Fumino's brash demeanor, but he treats her tenderly, knowing she is just using it as a defense mechanism. That only makes her worse, but I got the impression that he already knew that she had some kind of feelings for him.

I took the scene where she confessed in that he was less surprised that she liked him, and more surprised that she was so honest and upfront about it for once...at least until the scene after the credits ruined that bit of speculation. He was pretty flustered about bringing it up again, and Fumino deflected it rather casually. A pity.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-21-2010, 07:38 PM
For Takumi's overly generic character design, he is a very unique and likable main male character in a harem show. In addition to the things already mentioned, I like how he told the story of his past. While it was a very emo story, he didn't make it sound emo, or try to make himself out to be a victim. He didn't sound all shounen hero either. He just sounded... pragmatic, even if the ideas he talked about are idealistic. I liked that.

I still dislike Fumino, especially with that textbook naked scene followed by physical violence. Can't there be a tsundere that doesn't resort to slapstick violence in these standard harem shows?

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-21-2010, 08:13 PM
But he did mention in a short internal dialogue that he doesn't want to cause trouble for anyone after the incident at the orphanage where he ran away. It was his intention to make things easier on the Sister and on Fumino, but it had ultimately only made the problems greater. His current demeanor is a result of not wanting life to be more difficult for anyone because of his existence/presence again.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 04-21-2010, 08:25 PM
I am not sure if that is a reply to my post. I do agree with you though.

Kraco
Thu, 04-22-2010, 01:20 AM
I still dislike Fumino, especially with that textbook naked scene followed by physical violence. Can't there be a tsundere that doesn't resort to slapstick violence in these standard harem shows?

This show would have been better if Fumino didn't show that overly typical violence. While her character would still be quite unlikely, at least it would fit better together with Takumi by not physically attacking people (which in RL would eventually end up very badly, with the police involved or not). Like I said before, I don't actually mind Fumino's personality as long as it's balanced by Takumi who perfectly understands it, but they could have dropped the slapstick for sure because it affects Takumi as well.

Alhuin
Thu, 04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Up until the confession point of the episode, my hatred for Fumino grew ever so steadily. I wasn't able to decipher if she had, indeed, left her hairpin there on purpose, or on accident... or if she had just pulled it out of nowhere and claimed she left it there... but that's beside the point. The blackout scene with naked Fumino is what really sparked the growth in hatred. As others have mentioned, it was completely pointless, and overbearing. I will admit that the scene of both Nozomi and Fumino cuddling next to Takumi was very cute though, and it pained me to see the look of depression in Nozomi's eyes when she realized that Fumino and Takumi were holding hands.

I am still confused about her reasoning behind leaving. What sparked her feeling that she would be a bother... was it because of the feelings between Takumi and Fumino? Or was it something Fumino had said to her beforehand?

Also, like Karco mentioned, Fumino's confession scene was very unexpected, especially because it was in episode 3, and it was so honest. I hated that it got downplayed though by the sudden finding of Nozomi, and then completely deflected after the credits (like Haru mentioned). I hope that scene wasn't just a fluke, and is going to be ignored/forgotten until the end of the series.

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
I am still confused about her reasoning behind leaving. What sparked her feeling that she would be a bother... was it because of the feelings between Takumi and Fumino? Or was it something Fumino had said to her beforehand?

Also, like Karco mentioned, Fumino's confession scene was very unexpected, especially because it was in episode 3, and it was so honest. I hated that it got downplayed though by the sudden finding of Nozomi, and then completely deflected after the credits (like Haru mentioned). I hope that scene wasn't just a fluke, and is going to be ignored/forgotten until the end of the series.Nozomi has a similar past to Takumi (which is why he retold it to get her to come back). She noticed that Fumino really likes Takumi, and she didn't want to get in the way. Takumi and Nozomi both share the opinion that they don't want to be a burden on others. What differs is that Takumi takes things easy and will go out of his way to learn skills to lessen the burden on others (he makes most of the cakes, even when his sister is around, otherwise they don't sell). In contrast, Nozomi's typical response to viewing herself as a burden is to remove herself from the conflict. She runs.

It was also assisted by Nozomi not being familiar with Fumino's lies. This is the reason that Takumi told Nozomi about Fumino's dishonest behavior. Fumino didn't really mean to make Nozomi feel unwelcome or an annoyance, she just didn't want to admit why another girl being in Takumi's house makes her uneasy.

This series moves at a rapid-fire pace, I also don't hope that issue gets brushed aside because of the crisis to find Nozomi. Takumi isn't really the teasing type, but I'd like to see him hit on the confession more than once. He knows Fumino's lies better than anyone, I think he was rather shocked by her mixed response during that scene. Instead of lying then, she displayed a bit of honesty for once. This is reinforced by the fact that she was crying. Like he told her when they were young, don't let anyone see you cry, and lie if you have to, just don't ever show anyone that you feel like you've lost.

Alhuin
Thu, 04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah, after typing all the up, I happened to come across the Wiki for the series while sorting my anime music, and noticed that her reason for leaving was because she felt she was getting in the way of their relationship, on top of not wanting to be a burden.

Marik
Wed, 04-28-2010, 07:20 PM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 04 [720p] [CE95332B].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=127365)

Marik
Thu, 05-06-2010, 12:05 AM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 05 [720p] [1109DAB9].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=128782)

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-06-2010, 04:10 AM
Episode 4 just added nothing of value and wasn't worth discussing.

Episode 5 had some nice moments in contrast. Umenomori's behavior wasn't unexpected. She was very obviously getting involved in all of their problems and bugging them constantly because she was lonely and wanted to spend time with the only people she can really consider friends. It's just a shame she's lacking in common sense. I thought when Chikumaen Kaho was suggesting that they need money that Umenomori (Chise) would catch on and back Stray Cat's. Sadly, either Kaho is manipulative and evil or she is as foolish as Chise is.

I guess they're all stupid, because it took Takumi a long time to realize this, and he even had one of those almost overwhelmed with emotion to the point of a few tears. A bit over the top in my opinion given the situation.

As a side note, I really liked Fumino's and Nozomi's swimsuits. They both fit in with their characters rather well. Nozomi's plain and pure, and Fumino's in fiery color tones. It was also funny that Nozomi thought Takumi manipulated Fumino, when I was pretty sure he didn't have that intention in the slightest (if he did, that was excellent execution).

This series is plain, but with all the wacky-premised series of similar genre lately, a lack of variation is a variation of its own.

Kraco
Thu, 05-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Episode 4 certainly came out of nowhere, but 5 was rather interesting even if everything in it was completely predictable.

Kaho gave surpsingly evil vibes in this ep. It's hard to judge whether she actually enjoyed the mayhem or if it was just a cruel and stupid way to try to teach Takumi a lesson he certainly didn't deserve. As if it was his god given obligation to notice some filthy rich person would like him to skip his job for her own amusement, despite the job being the only thing bringing bread onto his table and a roof between him and the rain. Yeah, surely something to punish him for.

Marik
Tue, 05-11-2010, 04:34 AM
[LonE] Mayoi Neko OVERRUN! OP ED Single - Happy New Nyaa [Various].rar (http://losslessone.fansub-torrents.com/%5BLonE%5D_Itou_Kanae%2C_Iguchi_Yuka%2C_Taketatsu_ Ayana_-_Mayoi_Neko_OVERRUN%21_OP_ED_Single_-_Happy_New_Nyaa_%5Bw_scans%5D_%28mp3%29.rar.torren t)

[Nipponsei] Mayoi Neko Overrun! OP ED Single - Happy New Nyaa [Various].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Mayoi%20Neko%20Overrun%21%20OP%2 0ED%20Single%20-%20Happy%20New%20Nyaa%20%5BVarious%5D.zip.torrent)

Marik
Wed, 05-12-2010, 06:44 PM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 06 [720p] [0F14507F].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=130178)

Alhuin
Wed, 05-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Fumino has grown on me... I think she was really cute this episode. Blue/white stripes at the end was a + as well though. I don't know why my severe hatred of her just disappeared though. =/

Kraco
Fri, 05-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Grand Braver Episode 7 - Nuke (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNuke%5D_Mayoi_Neko_Overrun_-_07_%5B1280x720%5D%5BC59EBAEC%5D.mkv.torrent)

Don't ask.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-21-2010, 07:06 PM
This was... fucking retarded.

Marik
Fri, 05-28-2010, 03:21 PM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 08v2 [720p] [A2BBE6DE].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=134921)

[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 07 [720p] [B6A3F2DC].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=134860)

Kraco
Fri, 05-28-2010, 05:22 PM
At first I thought this was another out of nowhere episode and while it indeed was in the sense it didn't do much to develop any grander plot and had its own setting, it was, unlike the previous one, quite entertaining and had with its feet securely on the ground (except when the ground disappeared for some of them).

One fine scene was the last piece with Takumi suddenly innocently saying he will take it if Fumino doesn't, without knowing the command - unlike the girls who were all lusting after it.

Nozomi was really cute in this episode, with the single line suitable for any occasion and the ear movements.

Marik
Fri, 05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
When I saw that it was going to be a Saki parody, I was expecting it to be terrible. It ended up being my favorite episode of the series by far.

I enjoyed all of the cosplay moments. Especially the scene where Kahou took over and had Chise wear the bloomers and do glute exercises. It made me chuckle quite a bit seeing her plan backfire in such a way..

I wish the game had ended differently with Takumi choosing the block instead. It would have been interesting to see who he would have chosen and the girls' reactions to his choice.

Marik
Fri, 06-04-2010, 11:31 AM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 09 [720p] [CCD38E44].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=135190)

Kraco
Mon, 06-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Nobody should wonder after this whether a childhood friend always wins.

Doesn't change the fact Nozomi was still the cutest of the lot.

Alhuin
Tue, 06-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Nozomi may have been the cutest in terms of personality and actions, but I absolutely hated her hair this episode (kind of a weird hate, I guess). I found myself caring more for Fumino with her lack of attention. I was expecting Takumi to comment on her bathing suit on the island, saying he thought hers was the most beautiful or something, but he fails at that. He also failed with the whole "I will never in hell think anything weird about/with you". Even if Fumino is hardcore Tsundere, Takumi is still in love with her, and he knows that she is in love with him. It annoys me that this was only the second biggest hint at a development between them in this entire series so far, with the first being in what, episode three? Random comedy is fine (except for episode seven... giant LOLWUT?), but to start development, then completely ignore it for 2/3 of the season, doesn't suit well with me.

That being said though, this has actually become one of the better series this season, for me. I rather enjoy all the interactions between the characters, even if some things become insanely frustrating after awhile.

Marik
Fri, 06-11-2010, 05:19 PM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 10 [720p] [9ACB242B].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=136737)

Marik
Fri, 06-18-2010, 12:16 AM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 11 [720p] [62A47DA4].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=137944)

Kraco
Fri, 06-18-2010, 04:28 PM
These episodes are completely unpredictable for sure. Yet still in the background at the same time moves forward a more morbid Nozomi plot. Her mercantilistic view of a limited sum of happiness certainly bodes nothing good as it seems intensely fatalistic as well. Nobody ever asked her for any background information so it's not like anyone could help her either. Everybody's too busy with bloomers and bike shorts anyway.

Marik
Fri, 06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
[Ryuumaru] Mayoi Neko Overrun! - 12 [720p] [AAE88EC2].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=139470)

Kraco
Fri, 06-25-2010, 01:45 PM
It was a cute episode all in all. The late scene with Nozomi concluding they all like Takumi and asking what they could do was so novel in harem despite its simplicity that it was quite golden indeed.

Nozomi's view of limited happiness was based on an exceedingly concrete case after all. Just because only one could become the heir of the adoptive family, she had come to think in any circumstances only one can become happy, the rest will fall to sadness. Although that's pretty close to the truth with Takumi's case as well: Only one of the three girls can have him, after all.