PDA

View Full Version : Thread tags

Archangel
Mon, 04-05-2010, 05:57 PM
I can see this new function getting annoying fairly quickly so i was thinking that maybe we could lay down some ground rules on how to use it

I was thinking to make a few topics obligatory when using them when in the general anime, manga and movies and tv:

- First, age demographic ( shonen, shojo, etc on the first 2 and age rating in M&Tv )

- Second and third, simple genre tags

- Fourth and Fifth, personally i would ether go with more genre tags or just not use them completely as not to get messy but i think these should be left at the criteria of the poster

Finally, ban them on every other subforum since they would serve no real purpose. If the thread name isn't enough that you're not doing something right

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-06-2010, 04:39 AM
So what are thread tags?

Marik
Tue, 04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
So what are thread tags?

Here's an example.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Here's an example.

I see.....

poopdeville
Sat, 04-10-2010, 12:59 AM
I can see this new function getting annoying fairly quickly so i was thinking that maybe we could lay down some ground rules on how to use it

I was thinking to make a few topics obligatory when using them when in the general anime, manga and movies and tv:

- First, age demographic ( shonen, shojo, etc on the first 2 and age rating in M&Tv )

- Second and third, simple genre tags

- Fourth and Fifth, personally i would ether go with more genre tags or just not use them completely as not to get messy but i think these should be left at the criteria of the poster

Finally, ban them on every other subforum since they would serve no real purpose. If the thread name isn't enough that you're not doing something right

I suggest that tagging by character involved might be a good idea. For example, sometimes Shanks comes up in One Piece threads, even though he isn't the topic of the thread. Maybe they shouldn't be thread tags, but post tags, and the thread tags can be the most used post tags in the thread. One Piece (and to a lesser extent, Naruto) is a good example of where this could apply. Some characters do something important in an issue, and we might want to search for old posts about that 'something', even if we don't know which chapter it was. For example, it might have been nice if we could have tagged posts about Edo Tensei way back when Orochimaru used it on the First and Second Hokages. Or "Sage Mode". Or "Ying and Yang recomposition of chakra" (that's not a good tag though)